Darth Bane and Darth Zannah vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Excalibur2776
Who would win in a battle to the death?
Setting: Open Field, Dantooine

Pwned
What incarnations?

Excalibur2776
Originally posted by Pwned
What incarnations? [/QUOTE
Anakin and Obi-Wan ROTS (Anakin Darkside) and Darth Bane and Zannah in prime

Pwned
Bane shitstomps on his own.

Orbalisks ftw.

Ascendancy
I'm assuming peak for all. Bane's speed and Force capabilities were rather robust. Anakin was improving rapidly and was able to take down Dooku at his peak. That said, he was lacking a lot when it came to directing his emotions during combat, especially when embracing the Darkside. At the time he also had almost no experience in dealing with powerful Sith Lightning, nor had he come across anything like Bane's destructive sphere.

Zannah and Obi were both established practitioners of Soresu, so I doubt either would be overly aggressive against one another with sabers. Zannah's edge comes in her sorcery, specifically her mental attacks. I don't recall anything that shows Obi Wan would have been able to stand against it.

Worse case, Zannah stalemates Obi Wan until Bane is able to come help her finish him off.

Vensai
I'm not sure about this matchup. but if Zonakin comes up, he could dispatch Bane while Zannah fights Kenobi before going to help him.

hutchy1345
only jedi barley do it if zone anakin is involved

Raptor22
At banes mansion before the fight-

zannah- hey bane do u think we should warm up before the fight.
BANE I am bane dark lord of the sith I need no warming up.
Zannah - r u sure they seem pretty tough.
Bane- my orbalisks will stop them, only my head and hands are exposed what could they possibly do to me.
Zannah- maybe this. (Zannah shows bane Clip of anakin cutting dookus hands off then chopping of his head)
Bane-crap

NewGuy01
Bane and Zannah take it--And no, there is no solo-ing going on here.

Pwned
I could see Bane taking both on.

With Orbalisks, he is far too much for them. Like Grevious on steroids, and Kenobi barely won that. Skywalker is aggressive, but so is Bane.
If you combine the fact that Bane has shown being able to take on 2 BM enhanced masters (one of which was a battle master) and a BM enhanced Knight, Kenobi and Skywalker can not win against him like that. His lightning alone could take them out.

If we go with DE Bane, they won't be able to get through his defenses. That rain feat implies a speed that neither of the two could match. And at that point, he can keep control, so he could effortlessly swap over to Makashi to take Kenobi out.
Zannah was overwhelmed by Bane. She had to resort to a Deus Ex Machina to win. Skywalker is impulsive, which with Bane will get him killed.

Honestly, I do not quite see how it can be anything but Bane solo'ing. Zannah is pretty much a non-factor with how badly he can stomp them.

NewGuy01
I could see Bane taking both on.

With Orbalisks, he is far too much for them. Like Grevious on steroids, and Kenobi barely won that. Skywalker is aggressive, but so is Bane.
If you combine the fact that Bane has shown being able to take on 2 BM enhanced masters (one of which was a battle master) and a BM enhanced Knight, Kenobi and Skywalker can not win against him like that. His lightning alone could take them out.

If we go with DE Bane, they won't be able to get through his defenses. That rain feat implies a speed that neither of the two could match. And at that point, he can keep control, so he could effortlessly swap over to Makashi to take Kenobi out.
Zannah was overwhelmed by Bane. She had to resort to a Deus Ex Machina to win. Skywalker is impulsive, which with Bane will get him killed.

Honestly, I do not quite see how it can be anything but Bane solo'ing. Zannah is pretty much a non-factor with how badly he can stomp them.

1. I seem to recall that Obi-Wan is by far Grievous's superior, and it was only 30 seconds into the fight when Grievous fled.

2. Three Above-Average Jedi Knights, even when pumped up on BM, aren't comparable to Obi-Wan and Anakin duo. Even the battlemaster. I seem to recall Anakin easily hacked apart Cin Drallig.

3. I don't see why Obi-Wan or Anakin couldn't absorb Bane's lightning with their lightsabers, unless you're saying that Darth Bane's lightning is so far superior to Dooku's that what is an EASY deflection with no work at all would be too much to deflect by far. That would put Bane's lightning on par with Sidious's which is a NO.

4. I believe Bane could take on the duo solo, but he'd be eventually defeated.

As for their speed, I don't see why their combined speed isn't on the level of Bane's. Also, Obi-Wan has trained and fought against Makashi after his first duel with Dooku, so right off the bat taht wont work.

Pwned
Grevious has a record of fleeing. Plus, the clones were showing up and they were outnumbered. Obi-Wan did not force him to flee by himself.

Raskta L'su was the greatest swordsman in the Jedi Order, hundreds of Sith kills to her name. Empowered by battle meditation, with another Master and a Knight, and they were still losing to Bane.

Actually, it about is on par. Bane has reduced armored men to ash, and has an output of 1 million volts with his lightning.

Bane stood in a rainstorm for 5 or 10 minutes (forgot which) as described, "A torrential downpour" and deflected or dodged every drop of rain. He did not get a single drop on him. That is a speed that they can not match.
In orbalisks, he was called a, "force of nature" by Farfalla.

It will work when Bane is switching styles with every other strike. That is how he learned to fight. Bane mastered the 7 styles, and has a knowledge of how to teach Jar'Kai and staff fighting.

NewGuy01
Grevious has a record of fleeing. Plus, the clones were showing up and they were outnumbered. Obi-Wan did not force him to flee by himself.

Raskta L'su was the greatest swordsman in the Jedi Order, hundreds of Sith kills to her name. Empowered by battle meditation, with another Master and a Knight, and they were still losing to Bane.

Actually, it about is on par. Bane has reduced armored men to ash, and has an output of 1 million volts with his lightning.

Bane stood in a rainstorm for 5 or 10 minutes (forgot which) as described, "A torrential downpour" and deflected or dodged every drop of rain. He did not get a single drop on him. That is a speed that they can not match.
In orbalisks, he was called a, "force of nature" by Farfalla.

It will work when Bane is switching styles with every other strike. That is how he learned to fight. Bane mastered the 7 styles, and has a knowledge of how to teach Jar'Kai and staff fighting.

1. Except that he had two hands cut off and was forced to drop his other two sabers. ^-^

2. Apparently Anoon Bondara was supposed to be the prime swordsman of the order, yet he got slaughtered by Maul. Anything else?

3. Do you imply that Bane is far faster than Sidious? Because truthfully, Maul and Savage together were able to keep up with Sidious's speed in their duel, and Obi-Wan and Anakin are a lot faster then that duo.

4. Yeah, and a petty Darth Nyriss that was 1-shotted by Revan could also incinerate non-force users. Saying that those two are on par with Sidious is hilarious.

5. Fair point, but it isn't enough to support him easily out-dueling a Soresu/Niman/Ataru master, and a Djem So/Ataru master simultaniously with a single lightsaber. smh

Nephthys
Zonakin is too difficult to judge imo.

Vensai
Originally posted by Nephthys
Zonakin is too difficult to judge imo.

He crushed Dooku in the zone. He is probably the strongest one here.

Pwned
Originally posted by NewGuy01
1. Except that he had two hands cut off and was forced to drop his other two sabers. ^-^

2. Apparently Anoon Bondara was supposed to be the prime swordsman of the order, yet he got slaughtered by Maul. Anything else?

3. Do you imply that Bane is far faster than Sidious? Because truthfully, Maul and Savage together were able to keep up with Sidious's speed in their duel, and Obi-Wan and Anakin are a lot faster then that duo.

4. Yeah, and a petty Darth Nyriss that was 1-shotted by Revan could also incinerate non-force users. Saying that those two are on par with Sidious is hilarious.

5. Fair point, but it isn't enough to support him easily out-dueling a Soresu/Niman/Ataru master, and a Djem So/Ataru master simultaniously with a single lightsaber. smh
1- Fair enough.

2- Bondara wasn't empowered by BM, was he? Did he have another Master and a Knight helping? Didn't think so. Also, Yoda.

3- Its possible. Sidious has a good speed feat, but standing in a torrential downpour for minutes and not letting a single drop of rain touch you is insane. Not to mention Sidious was toying with them.

4- Million volts. That's why he was on par. Also, they were armored. And all that was left was ash. That is quite a bit of heat.
4.5- Nyriss had mastery of the technique. Bane was doing this from raw power, as shown in PoD when he first learned the technique.

5- Zannah was a master of Soresu. He utterly demolished her in DoE with a saber. Not to mention fighting her off without a saber. She had a saber staff.

DARTH POWER
Not to mention Sidious was toying with them.

In the Saber fight? Nope. A desperate claim brought up by many people here despite all the evidence by every source on the subject pointing to the opposite.

NewGuy01
1- Fair enough.

2- Bondara wasn't empowered by BM, was he? Did he have another Master and a Knight helping? Didn't think so. Also, Yoda.

3- Its possible. Sidious has a good speed feat, but standing in a torrential downpour for minutes and not letting a single drop of rain touch you is insane. Not to mention Sidious was toying with them.

4- Million volts. That's why he was on par. Also, they were armored. And all that was left was ash. That is quite a bit of heat.
4.5- Nyriss had mastery of the technique. Bane was doing this from raw power, as shown in PoD when he first learned the technique.

5- Zannah was a master of Soresu. He utterly demolished her in DoE with a saber. Not to mention fighting her off without a saber. She had a saber staff.

1. I'm saying that statements saying that some Jedi is the best duelist in the order are usually rubbish. thumb up

2. Even if Sidious was playing with them, he was enjoying himself, cutting loose. He wasn't playing himself down to boredom so the brothers could keep up. No, they were fast enough to keep up, and Anakin/Obi are quite a bit faster than them. I partially agree with Darth POWER--They were able to perhaps not truly challenge Sidious, but they certainly held their own.

3. Still. Nyriss was capable of doing what Bane did. Considering Bane's lightning to be on the level of Sidious just from incinerating a non-force user would have to mean that countless other no-name Sith are on par with Sidious with lightning. And that's a no-no. thumb down

4. I don't see how Zannah is a superior or equal swordsman to Obi-Wan Kenobi. She was powerful with Sorcery, and Force Magic. Her saberskills were only good enough to hold off enemies so she can use her Force Powers to annihilate them. In a pure lightsaber duel, I hardly can see Zannah defeating Anakin Skywalker. (By hardly, I mean I can't.) Now don't get me wrong, she was an amazing duelist, but she's not Obi-Wan Kenobi with a blade.

Pwned
1. I'm saying that statements saying that some Jedi is the best duelist in the order are usually rubbish. thumb up

2. Even if Sidious was playing with them, he was enjoying himself, cutting loose. He wasn't playing himself down to boredom so the brothers could keep up. No, they were fast enough to keep up, and Anakin/Obi are quite a bit faster than them. I partially agree with Darth POWER--They were able to perhaps not truly challenge Sidious, but they certainly held their own.

3. Still. Nyriss was capable of doing what Bane did. Considering Bane's lightning to be on the level of Sidious just from incinerating a non-force user would have to mean that countless other no-name Sith are on par with Sidious with lightning. And that's a no-no. thumb down

4. I don't see how Zannah is a superior or equal swordsman to Obi-Wan Kenobi. She was powerful with Sorcery, and Force Magic. Her saberskills were only good enough to hold off enemies so she can use her Force Powers to annihilate them. In a pure lightsaber duel, I hardly can see Zannah defeating Anakin Skywalker. (By hardly, I mean I can't.) Now don't get me wrong, she was an amazing duelist, but she's not Obi-Wan Kenobi with a blade. The hundreds of Sith kills and being The Battlemaster for the entire Order, not to mention a direct statement of her being the best, are what makes it impressive.

Oh, I am not downplaying them. I am saying that if Sidious really tried, the brothers would lose in seconds.

How many did Nyriss kill at once? And did she get the explicit statement of, "1 million volts" ? The million volts part is what suggest it to be on par of Sidious. That and his reducing multiple people to ash at once. Keep in mind this is only a short time after him destroying the Brotherhood, about 2 weeks to be exact. And he had just survived a starship crash earlier in the day.

Zannah was trained by Bane to be able to fight with all 7 styles. Her main was Soresu, which she mastered. The fact she fought Bane twice and lived (while he was out to kill her) states that she could take Kenobi or Skywalker while the other is tooled.
Kenobi has to rely on an opening in his opponents defenses, as shown during his Grevious fight where he just jabs it forward when one of Grevious' hands gets off set. Skywalker is pure aggression, which plays into Soresu hand and foot. On a double blade wielder, that will kill Skywalker.
This is, of course, assuming that Bane doesn't just wreck them with Orbalisks. Orbalisk Bane wins.
DoE Bane and Zannah: Bane holds both off (possibly killing one) Zannah finishes spell, win for Sith.

NewGuy01
1. Killing No-Name Sith isn't exactly impressive, but the numbers are, so I'll give it to her.

2. Perhaps he could have, but not with a lightsaber.

3. She killed 2 at once, but she did this on a whim on the other hand.

4. I don't believe for a moment that Zannah could not only hold off, but defeat Anakin Skywalker in a competition of bladework.

5. The Sith win, but I doubt this is a solo.

ares834
Bane shitstomps on his own.

Orbalisks ftw.

Nah.

Sith still win though.

DARTH POWER
The hundreds of Sith kills and being The Battlemaster for the entire Order, not to mention a direct statement of her being the best, are what makes it impressive.

Anoon Bondara was also likely the Order's Battlemaster of his time. And statements call him the most skilled Saber duelist of his time.

There wasn't hundreds of Sith for him to kill. He fought one and lost, but he was said to be one of the most heavily trained Sith Apprentices in the history of the Sith.

So New Guy's point stands. Statements and Titles only go so far.

Pwned
1. Killing No-Name Sith isn't exactly impressive, but the numbers are, so I'll give it to her.

2. Perhaps he could have, but not with a lightsaber.

3. She killed 2 at once, but she did this on a whim on the other hand.

4. I don't believe for a moment that Zannah could not only hold off, but defeat Anakin Skywalker in a competition of bladework.

5. The Sith win, but I doubt this is a solo. I believe there were about a dozen men Bane killed at once. I need to give RoT a read through again, but I think it was because they held Zannah (untrained) prisoner.

Of bladework? Skywalker would probably muscle his way through eventually. Thing is, in an all out fight she isn't just a sword, is she? stick out tongue

I still believe that Orbalisks will give Bane the solo. Mainly due to the fact that he is damn near invincible and man handled Masters with Battle Meditation.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Bane would not take Kenobi and Skywlaker Solo.. that is just plain silly.

NewGuy01
I believe there were about a dozen men Bane killed at once. I need to give RoT a read through again, but I think it was because they held Zannah (untrained) prisoner.

Of bladework? Skywalker would probably muscle his way through eventually. Thing is, in an all out fight she isn't just a sword, is she? stick out tongue

I still believe that Orbalisks will give Bane the solo. Mainly due to the fact that he is damn near invincible and man handled Masters with Battle Meditation.

Fair enough. Bane soloing is plausible, but if he does, it's with supreme difficulty.

Pwned
Oh I never said it would be easy. But when he can dodge the sabers of a Battlemaster and a Master, along with a Knight who was useful for the first time in his life, his head won't be in danger. Wrists are essentially a non-factor due to the armor covering a part of them, leaving them unable to be cut through.

And for you guys who think Bane with Orbalisks can't take them, prove it. Until then, I have offered proof he could.

Nephthys
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Anoon Bondara was also likely the Order's Battlemaster of his time. And statements call him the most skilled Saber duelist of his time.

As I recall those statements were from his apprentice.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.