Luther (40k) vs Raiden (MGS)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vlaaad12345
Luther as he was when he was amped by Chaos. Current Raiden.

If the speed difference is too great make it speed equal.

Who wins this epic throw down of sword wielding bad asses?

ScreamPaste
The one who fought a primarch. haermm

FinalAnswer
Luther curbstomps.

NemeBro
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
The one who fought a primarch. haermm The one who defeated a Primarch.

wakkawakkawakka
The **** is a Primarch

NemeBro
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/xlarge/Angron_12.jpg

Official model of Angron, Primarch of the World Eaters.

They are demigodlike super generals, each one the forefather to the superhuman Space Marines.

Lion El'Jonson, the Primarch Luther bested, was ten feet tall, could move faster than Marines could even perceive (Marines are bullet-timers like Raiden in many instances), withstand sorcery from one of the most powerful Lords of Change (An average one can eat souls with a glance or warp a towering hive spire in on itself), and Luther and Lion's clashes were creating shockwaves that were bringing the fortress around them down on top of them.

Tzeentch._
That's all hyperbole though.

The primarchs aren't that powerful outside of legend.

The War Dragon
Agreed with Tzeenth.

Raiden with ease.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by The War Dragon
Agreed with Tzeenth.

Raiden with ease. Oh and please elaborate on this.

Why do you think Raiden would beat someone who could contend with a primarch?

The War Dragon
The ability to destroy a primarch is insignificant next to the power of the Nuclear Weapon.

Raiden is perhaps finest natural solider in entire Metal Gear canon, better than the Boss, Big Boss, Gray Fox, everyone. As evidenced by defeating Solidus and Vamp in combat, defelecting bullets with katana, getting the highest scores on all the VR missions, greatest child solider in history etc. All by end of MGS2.

With addition of receiving greatest technology in MG as well, with his new cyborg suit, he can now move fats enough to evade bullets, ragdoll giant mecha, and is impossible to kill with white blood enhancements.

NemeBro
The ability to destroy a primarch is insignificant next to the power of the Nuclear Weapon.

Lorgar survived direct hits from a Plasma Blast Gun that vaporize cities, and are stronger weapons than Deathstrike Missiles, which destabilize tectonic activity on planets.

Konrad Curze as a baby survived plummeting through the crust and mantle of Nostramo, and crawled out.

Leman Russ, also as a baby, plummeted through a volcano, and crawled out.

Vulkan took a direct shot from a macron cannon and survived, starship weaponry.

Lion's durability is already posted.

Nuclear weapons do not compare to what Primarchs have tanked. Not that Raiden can output nuke level power.

Most of these are pretty vague statements, no real content that supports your debate.

But basic Space Marines like Argel Tal or Lucius have evaded or blocked bullets. A sergeant of the Ultramarines strikes a Word Bearer in a microsecond in Know No Fear.

Nah.

Luther blasts his mind to pieces.

The War Dragon
Nuclear weapons are the most powerful weapons ever conceived bro. Not only do they destroy everything, but they spread harm to future generations too. There is only one defence, NDT, but as the world of 40K do not possess nuclear weapons with which to cause a retaliatory strike, they are hopelessly outmatched.

World of MG is simply much more powerful than that of 40K.

ScreamPaste
What happens then 'the world of 40k' blows up MG Earth?

Tzeentch._
I agree entirely.

SevenShackles
This is spite in favor of Luther.

ArtificialGlory
Wait a tick, Primarchs have official models now? What about official stats?

The War Dragon, stop the troll trolling.

FinalAnswer
Nuclear weapons are the most powerful weapons ever conceived bro. Not only do they destroy everything, but they spread harm to future generations too. There is only one defence, NDT, but as the world of 40K do not possess nuclear weapons with which to cause a retaliatory strike, they are hopelessly outmatched.

World of MG is simply much more powerful than that of 40K.

They sure do have nukes; nukes that can destroy entire planets.

Troll moar.

NemeBro

World of MG is simply much more powerful than that of 40K. 40k does have nuclear weapons. They are bigger and more powerful than any real-life or MGS nuke.

MGS is not more powerful than 40k, shut up troll, get out of my forum.

NemeBro
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Wait a tick, Primarchs have official models now? What about official stats?

The War Dragon, stop the troll trolling.

Angron is so far the only one with a model, he, Mortarion, Fulgrim, and Horus all have rules.

They are all priced from 350-500 points and are Greater Daemons+.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by NemeBro
Angron is so far the only one with a model, he, Mortarion, Fulgrim, and Horus all have rules.

They are all priced from 350-500 points and are Greater Daemons+.

Greater daemons? I thought those were phased out of the CSM codex, the only daemon anything I remember being in the codex not a possessed machine is the daemon prince.

Tzeentch._
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
They sure do have nukes; nukes that can destroy entire Prove this

SevenShackles
In 40k they consider nukes old fashioned and find them tasteless. They much Rather slay the enemies of the emperor with bolters and chain swords.
Then again if things go down the toilet.
EXTERMINATUS!!!
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Exterminatus

40k weaponry is insane and comparing them to MGS is just sad.
It's like comparing the 40k war hound titan to the MGS metal gear Rex

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
Prove this

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Cyclonic_torpedo#.UUkrZYy9KK0

vlaaad12345
I have to ask, what does nuclear weapons have anything to do with Raiden?

He has never used nor been hit by one so it is completely irrelevant to this topic.

Tzeentch, what about Primarchs is hyperbole, specifically?

SevenShackles
Originally posted by vlaaad12345

He has never used nor been hit by one so it is completely irrelevant to this topic.

Someone claimed that MGS universe was more advanced than 40k based off 40ks seeming lack of nukes..or some crap. Kinda drifted off topic a bit.

NemeBro
Originally posted by SevenShackles
Greater daemons? I thought those were phased out of the CSM codex, the only daemon anything I remember being in the codex not a possessed machine is the daemon prince.

The Primarchs are not detailed within the codices.

They are in the Forgeworld Horus Heresy expansions.

And Greater Daemons are present in the actual Daemon codex, lol.

Tzeentch._
Lexicanum aint canon

vlaaad12345
Not outright planet destroying, but leagues beyond any nuclear weapon the MGS verse has.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNc242mbiUs

1:55 onwards.

How about we get back on topic now.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
Lexicanum aint canon

SevenShackles
The Primarchs are not detailed within the codices.

They are in the Forgeworld Horus Heresy expansions.

And Greater Daemons are present in the actual Daemon codex, lol.
Ah thank for the info, it's appreciated thumb up

The War Dragon
Bullshit. Nukes are the most powerful weapons in fiction, so powerful that at best the only defense against them is mutually assured destruction, they are so powerful that they had to do the Strategic Arms Limitation Talks just to try and limit their number. Until I see nukes in 40K or someone posts evidence that their tech is that advanced, I will choose to believe that they do not possess them and that they would be defenceless againast a couple of Metal Gear Rays.

The War Dragon

The ponint is that Raiden is probably the most powerful human in the world - a world that contains tech so advanced that there exists nuclear weapons.

40K is set in medieval Europe is it not? So at best they have prehistoric weapons and things like wood carved daggers. They have magic but tech of MGS level trumps magic. Also, rfer to 3 rules of Arthur Clark.

ScreamPaste
The ponint is that Raiden is probably the most powerful human in the world - a world that contains tech so advanced that there exists nuclear weapons.

40K is set in medieval Europe is it not? So at best they have prehistoric weapons and things like wood carved daggers. They have magic but tech of MGS level trumps magic. Also, rfer to 3 rules of Arthur Clark. Um, no.

40k is set in the far future, humanity has dominated the galaxt and single ships can destroy entire worlds. haermm

Your posts seem a bit trollish, but I'll give you the benefit of a doubt, you might just be mistaking 40k for Warhammer Fantasy?

vlaaad12345
You are thinking of Warhammer Fantasy, Warhammer 40k takes places in the 41st century and they have spaceships.

I just posted a bomb of theirs wiping out the entire surface of a planet.

But again Raiden has nothing at all to do with nuclear weapons, he doesn't cause damage comparable to nukes nor does he ever tank a nuke.

Of course Warhammer Fantasy also has sorcery comparable to nukes, the Slann were responsible for moving the earth closer to the sun and splitting apart the continents.

ArtificialGlory
You are thinking of Warhammer Fantasy, Warhammer 40k takes places in the 41st century and they have spaceships.

I just posted a bomb of theirs wiping out the entire surface of a planet.

But again Raiden has nothing at all to do with nuclear weapons, he doesn't cause damage comparable to nukes nor does he ever tank a nuke.

Of course Warhammer Fantasy also has sorcery comparable to nukes, the Slann were responsible for moving the earth closer to the sun and splitting apart the continents.

41st Millennium, not century. *nitpick* *nitpick*

The War Dragon
You guys are mistaken, I used to build and paint the warhammer models and the 40K refers to the eyar 40AD, a time where people wielded slingshots and woodcarvers had yet to be replaced with blacksmiths - that's right, they wielded wooden weapons. Sure they have magic but at best they could cast simple spells, nothing comparable to even a 20th century musket in power output.

NemeBro
You're one of the worst trolls I have ever seen.

When your balls drop and you can actually troll competently, come back.

ArtificialGlory
You guys are mistaken, I used to build and paint the warhammer models and the 40K refers to the eyar 40AD, a time where people wielded slingshots and woodcarvers had yet to be replaced with blacksmiths - that's right, they wielded wooden weapons. Sure they have magic but at best they could cast simple spells, nothing comparable to even a 20th century musket in power output.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v666/Wrightfan/dr_rockso.jpg

The War Dragon
You're one of the worst trolls I have ever seen.

When your balls drop and you can actually troll competently, come back.

Hey buddy, the jerk store called, and they're running out of you.

FinalAnswer
Mass Effect is a better game series then Metal Gear Solid will ever be.

The War Dragon
When you talk such claptrash it invalidates everything you sya bro.

FinalAnswer
Solid Snake is an inferior character from a writing standpoint in comparison to Commander Shepard.

The War Dragon
Journey btw wasn't all that great, I actually think Flower was superior.

FinalAnswer
Casey Hudson is a better videogame designer then that talentless hack Hideo Kojima.

NemeBro
Hey buddy, the jerk store called, and they're running out of you. I couldn't hear you over the sound of me ****ing your ass Parko.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.