Darth wyyrlok vs Zannah

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raptor22
Darth Wyyrlok vs Zannah

Both were not only talented duelest and powerful in the force they were also skilled in sith sorcery. Who would win in an all out battle between these two on neutral ground?

Q99
Sabers go to Wyyrlok, as for sorcery... Zannah has the dark side tendrils, which are a worry, but I wonder if his high-level Tutaminis would be enough to defend (he can catch force lightning bare handed). Wyyrlok's specialty, in turn, is Force Illusion. If he catches her in one, that could be game.

Though tendrils are definitely the more destructive form of sorcery... hm...

NewGuy01
Zannah.

Vensai
Eh, I don't know much about these two... Zannah bc of sorcery.

DarthAnt66
Zaanah I think, due to her sorcery.

Q99
You do know Wyyrlok has sorcery too, right? ^^;

Though I think I'll agree- I'm not sure if his energy absorption can handle her dark tendrils, and if it can't be absorbed she has the edge.

Ascendancy
Originally posted by Q99
Sabers go to Wyyrlok, as for sorcery... Zannah has the dark side tendrils, which are a worry, but I wonder if his high-level Tutaminis would be enough to defend (he can catch force lightning bare handed). Wyyrlok's specialty, in turn, is Force Illusion. If he catches her in one, that could be game.

Though tendrils are definitely the more destructive form of sorcery... hm...

I doubt Zannah would be easily taken by Force Illusions; one of her specialties in Sith sorcery was driving people into madness through the very same method. Even Bane showed no affinity for that skill but was able to defend against it because of his knowledge of such an attack's existence.

I don't see anything that makes me think that Wyyrlok could overwhelm her Soresu, so sabers might just be a stalemate. I do agree with others that it's likely to come down to their mastery of sorcery and Force techniques rather than pure combat.

Q99
Originally posted by Ascendancy
I doubt Zannah would be easily taken by Force Illusions; one of her specialties in Sith sorcery was driving people into madness through the very same method. Even Bane showed no affinity for that skill but was able to defend against it because of his knowledge of such an attack's existence.

Not easily, but one of Wyyrlok's big feats is when Andeddu tried to kill him with precisely this method- Andeddu being good enough to slay someone via phantom injuries- and he turned it back and overcame and killed Andeddu.

Andeddu being a famous sorcerer himself, it paints Wyyrlok's illusions as very powerful.

He's good in sabers, but a saber fight definitely would take awhile, so yea, it's going to come down to sorcery.

Pwned
Her tendrils are made of pure Dark Side energy, I doubt he could touch them without losing limbs.

Q99
Originally posted by Pwned
Her tendrils are made of pure Dark Side energy, I doubt he could touch them without losing limbs.

The same applies to many attacks one would want to force-absorb (touching them without absorption causing limb loss, that is. And in some cases the dark side energy).

Pwned
I believe the text said that they were physical manifestations of the Dark Side. Not like Force Lightning, but 100% real Dark Side.

As in, nothing can touch them at all. Ever. Because they will kill you.

Ascendancy
Yeah, sabers literally couldn't touch them, and Bane was not able to redirect them at all with the Force. I'm questionable as to what level she can generate them at in a standard setting, though. It was more or less that they were so immense because she pulled directly from the pool of Darkside energy that the Jedi had forced down into the depths of the lake. Fighting somewhere even like Korriban, or on a planet without a history of Darkside power at all I don't think she could generate an overwhelming number to attack with at once.

Pwned
She can't generate them off of a Nexus. I believe that it was implied in the text that she utilized all of the dark side energy on the planet in order to make them.'

Even if she could, Bane has a similar ability in making a field of pure dark side energy, sapping the life of everything. Even on a nexus, it is extremely hard to maintain those things for 10 seconds, unless you can draw on addition pain and suffering to maintain it. It will leave them almost exhausted if they attempt to hold it too long.

Ascendancy
Yeah, I said that in the other thread. I doubt she could generate them for the same duration and at that level outside of a locale with an immense amount of Darkside energy to directly tap.

Honestly, I think Drew would have done a nice service had at least the second and third Bane novels been a number of pages longer to allow us to see more of what Zannah was capable of. Bane sees even when she is a child that she might one day surpass him, so she's not lacking, but other than the one-off tentacles and mind flaying a few opponents we never get a real sense of her capabilities. It's clear that her Soresu was impenetrable so long as she didn't become fatigued, but we really didn't get a lot of depth to her character over a two novel span.

I suppose she did take down that Dark Jedi in combat as well, and pretty easily, but learning more of what she had accomplished would have been nice. She was the successor to a Sith portrayed as one of the most powerful of all time yet we just don't get to see enough of her at work.

One could argue as well that Karpyshyn failed when it came to really fleshing out the abilities of characters like Kas'im and Raskta Lsu as well during that series though, so I suppose conjecture is all we have to work with.

Pwned
Yeah. While given that the series was about Bane (and therefore he SHOULD get the most screen time) I would have liked to know a bit more about the other major characters.

ROTJ Vader
Zannah.

Vensai
Originally posted by Pwned
Yeah. While given that the series was about Bane (and therefore he SHOULD get the most screen time) I would have liked to know a bit more about the other major characters.

They'll probably be a Zannah book in the future where she'll train Cognus and gain enough feats to give her the win here.

Ascendancy
Would be quite interesting to see what she accomplishes, and Cognus as well.

Pwned
Originally posted by Vensai
They'll probably be a Zannah book in the future where she'll train Cognus and gain enough feats to give her the win here. The win she already has been given by most of the posters due to her superior lightsaber and sorcery showings?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.