Forerunners vs Imperium

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Azar'zer
I was bored.

Rules: No flame war, Post source, No bullshit. No God emperor or such, No Halo Array.

Begin... Ehh..

FinalAnswer
What's their firepower?

NemeBro
Originally posted by Azar'zer
No flame war ****. You.

Azar'zer
Final Answer, Their firepower is technically super heated beams and hard-light weapons that travels at the speed of light and can somehow disintegrate you in about one shot.. At least on ground.

halo . wikia .c om / wiki / Forerunner

Sorry i can't post links yet.

They also have far more than 10 trillion sentinels shooting energy based beams. :/

FinalAnswer
I mean as far as space, since that is where the war will be decided. You really don't want to get into a ground war with 40k. As far as 40k spaceship weaponry, they have firepower going into the giga/tera/petatons, which means they're easily capable of vaporizing continents, and that's not getting into Exterminatus.

And 10 trillion is cool. The Imperial Guard's numbers goes into the hundreds of trillions, at the least.

Azar'zer
Well, The amounts of Sentinels is never fully specified, The biggest forerunner ship is about 100 km long. (Forerunner Fortress-class ship Forerunner - Flood War) Even though, Most capabilities are not stated, Because i did not allow the halo's, It means the forerunners can't wipe the life out of the galaxy sad, But anyway, The fortress class ships could in a battle group destroy a halo, Which is 10 000 km long or so. (Sorry if i'm not that good at English to begin with), Anyway, Onto the sentinel thing, Ive only read that during the covenant - human war, Trillions of sentinels was destroyed with two halos and the ark. Even though, If you want to read more you should try to get into the link i sent.

Also, Some ground units which can cut through ship armor (Ive seen it in a halo 4 terminal) called "Promethean Knights" carries the weaponry that can disintegrate someone in one shot, and the ability to teleport, and something called "Hardlight shield" that can deflect plasma and block projectile based weaponry, and then there's another unit that could REVIVE those.

Also, One forerunner ship called "Mantle's Approach" (Size unspecified) had a weapon called the composer which could literally turn humans into ash and make them into prometheans.

Also, Devolution of advanced species (Only used on ancient humans and prophets in halo lore, I believe)

Tzeentch._
The Imperial Guard don't have hundreds of trillions. lol. The average regiment has a thousand troops in it. There are several million worlds in the Imperium. If we assumed that every planet has put out at least a thousand regiments (which is unrealistic), you'd have... two-to-three billion troops. Some worlds have more, like Cadia, and there's a lot that don't have even a quarter of that many regiments. There are some that haven't yet offered up any at all, due to either not having a big enough population, or offering up something else in exchange as a tithe Forge Worlds and Macragge being examples of these).

Considering that there's a thousand billions in a single trillion, in order to have "hundreds of trillions", you would need every single planet in the Imperium- Hive Worlds, Forge Worlds, Feral Worlds dead worlds -every single one, pump out thousands upon thousands of regiments.

In any case, iirc the IG codex states that the Imperial Guard consists of "billions" troops.

Even if there were trillions of them, it would take the Imperium centuries upon centuries to even mobilize a force of that size. According to the Taros Campaign Armor book, the Munitorum's ETA for how long it would take to mobilize 6 regiments and a few space marine chapters was 2-5 years. It was considered a miracle that the Lord General was able to do it in one.

NemeBro
You sure do love to quote that one book which supports your case, you stupid fat *****.

Robtard
Imperium of Man wins cos Halo has consistently let me down since Halo 3 came out.

Robtard
^
^
^
Looks like some mother****er has been reading the WH40k books I sent him.

Tzeentch._
Originally posted by NemeBro
You sure do love to quote that one book which supports your case, you stupid fat *****. ...where did I make a quote?

ur so dum

Azar'zer
Originally posted by Robtard
Imperium of Man wins cos Halo has consistently let me down since Halo 3 came out.

If you are Going to reply, please explain better.

Robtard
If you are Going to reply, please explain better.

You don't need to capitalize "going".

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
The Imperial Guard don't have hundreds of trillions. lol. The average regiment has a thousand troops in it. There are several million worlds in the Imperium. If we assumed that every planet has put out at least a thousand regiments (which is unrealistic), you'd have... two-to-three billion troops. Some worlds have more, like Cadia, and there's a lot that don't have even a quarter of that many regiments. There are some that haven't yet offered up any at all, due to either not having a big enough population, or offering up something else in exchange as a tithe Forge Worlds and Macragge being examples of these).

Considering that there's a thousand billions in a single trillion, in order to have "hundreds of trillions", you would need every single planet in the Imperium- Hive Worlds, Forge Worlds, Feral Worlds dead worlds -every single one, pump out thousands upon thousands of regiments.

In any case, iirc the IG codex states that the Imperial Guard consists of "billions" troops.

Even if there were trillions of them, it would take the Imperium centuries upon centuries to even mobilize a force of that size. According to the Taros Campaign Armor book, the Munitorum's ETA for how long it would take to mobilize 6 regiments and a few space marine chapters was 2-5 years. It was considered a miracle that the Lord General was able to do it in one.

There is no standard size for Imperial Guard regiments, they apparently range from several hundred troops at founding strength to about ten thousand.

Considering there's Hive Worlds that have populations going into the tens and hundreds of billions, no, I don't necessarily think it's impossible for that to happen. There even exists planets like Krieg which, while a non-traditional example, exist solely to give guards, and is stated to throw out 50 million soldiers every year, which is, coincidentally, the maximum possible tithe for guardsmen.

I'm pretty sure the IG Codex said the Imperial Guard consists of "billions of regiments." Will check later.

It usually does take a long time for the Administratum and the Adeptus Terra to throw their soldiers around, yeah. The cluster**** that is the Bureaucracy of the Imperium is the reason why soldiers find themselves at warzones they weren't supposed to be sent to, or they arrive decades after a battle's been declared over. Travel in the Imperium really isn't consistent enough to narrow down, however. Also, I trust nothing ever from Forge World when it concerns numbers.

FinalAnswer
Checked through the Codex, it describes worlds embroiled in constant conflict like Armageddon raising at least 100 million guards per year, while something like an Agri-world may raise only 2 million. It also describes regiment sizes ranging from over a hundred thousand to a mere one and a half thousand, albeit an armored unit.

And yes, pg. 37, the description of the Infantry Squad, states "The armies of the Imperial Guard are made from billions of regiments, recruited from every world in the Imperium."

ScreamPaste
Hive fleet Behemoth alone had 'a billion billion' separate organisms in it. I doubt Behemoth outnumbered the IG. haermm Granted, lots of them were probably rippers.

mechagoomba
you should of banned Sly Marbo

Azar'zer
forums(.)spacebattles(.)com/threads/forerunner-feat-thread.236388/

(I can't post links yet, That's sad.)

halo(.)bungie(.)net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=65084799&postRepeater1-p=1#65085580

Forerunner's capabilities:

1.) Trillions of navy ships and entire galaxy empire.

2.) Neural Physics (Halo rings). Typically, Halo is designed to destroy any species with central nervous system in the range of 25,000 light years. So with seven rings in the place, it nearly covers all the galaxy. Also Cryptum stated that Halo can be tweaked to fire on a planet, wiping out life on the planet and render it to useless. There is possibility for Halo to be tweaked to destroy mechanical species.

3.) High amount of firepower. Cryptum stated that several ships destroyed several Halo rings with only point defense guns. As it was calculated to be 330 teratons to 10 petatons of TNT based on PoA's explosion at Installation 04. So their main ship grade weapons may be more powerful than point defense guns. Also their weapons are varied. Plasma weaponry, hard light based weapons, lasers, etc.

4.) Ability to tweak entire axis the galaxy.

5.) Can use slip space as weapon to "sling" entire fleets to stars or black holes.

6.) Fortress-Class Warship is usually a hundred kilometer long, much larger than any Galactic Empire ships. Even it makes Eclipse class super destroyer look like a child compared to Fortress-class Warship. (Fortress Class ships are 100 KM long during Forerunner - Flood war.)

7.) They can do stellar collapses by using specific equipment or weapon so they literally can play with stars like toys.

8.) Can build entire planets easily. Evidence: Onyx and shield worlds plus The ark. NOTE: The Ark is nearly 80,000 miles circle or size. Shield worlds usually vary in the size. Also they can build "Mirco-Dyson" world inside of shield world where they use small diameter of slip space bubble to hide entire Mirco-Dyson world in little as 3 meters diameter.

9.) 20 meter tall War Sphinx, had firepower to lay waste on the cities size of continents.

10.) Smallest Forerunner warship is nicknamed to be "planet breaker or crackers". Apparently smallest warship are capable to destroying entire planets.

11.) Forerunners are powerful, speaking of physical strength, stamina, intelligence, long life span, combat skin armor, etc. Apparently they can even change DNAs and assert biological/biochemical augmentations in higher degree.

This shows some more impressive feats of the forerunners. :P

StealthRanger
What was the Forerunners firepower? Because best I heard was "decimating cities" which is multi-block since "decimate" = reduce by 1/10th

Azar'zer
Small forerunner cities were the size of continents.

Forerunners had 20m tall machines that could destroy those, also look at the list above.

ArtificialGlory
Looks like the Imperium is ****ed.

Azar'zer
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Looks like the Imperium is ****ed.

Yep.

I am Vegeta
Forerunners no doubt

playa1258
The Forerunners would have a good chance of beating the WIH Necrons, let alone the Imperium.

FinalAnswer
kill yourself

StealthRanger
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
kill yourself

I second this

NemeBro
So like, where can you find the evidence for all these really impressive feats of Forerunner technology?

I found nothing when I actually bothered to search.

Tzeentch
The forerunner book series.

playa1258
The Forerunner trilogy books.

NemeBro
Quote them.

Tzeentch
If he quotes them you have no way to clarify they're real quotes.

Stealth Moose
You have to use MLA format.

Revanchiste
I was bored.

Rules: No flame war, Post source, No bullshit. No God emperor or such, No Halo Array.

Begin... Ehh..

No let's add the bullshit Forrenurs win !!

If you consider that forenner power is not mother****ery AKA bullshit.

So forunners win... If not.. So IoM win.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Tzeentch
The Imperial Guard don't have hundreds of trillions. lol. The average regiment has a thousand troops in it. There are several million worlds in the Imperium. If we assumed that every planet has put out at least a thousand regiments (which is unrealistic), you'd have... two-to-three billion troops.

Isn't 1000 troops/regimen x 1000 regimens/planet x 2-3 million planets/imperium = (1000 x 1000 x 23 million)/imperium = 2-3 trillion and not billion?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.