Darkseid and Bor vs Depowered Tyrant...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Darkseid and Bor vs Depowered Tyrant in a battle to the Death or KO with no BFR allowed...

2 things; this is the current version of Darkseid and Tyrant cant amp up off of his Orbs of Power or any other source...he can only tap into his personal power.

Who wins?

zopzop
Tyrant destroys them.

Sundipped
Team dies unless Darkseid bfrs Tyrant.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by zopzop
Tyrant destroys them.

WhiteWitchKing
Team wins. DP Tyrant had some trouble putting down heralds. Bor and Darkseid should be able to beat him down hard.

abhilegend
Team wins.

DTM
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Team wins. DP Tyrant had some trouble putting down heralds. Bor and Darkseid should be able to beat him down hard.

Trouble? DP Tyrant slaughtered Silver Surfer, Gladiator, Beta Ray Bill, Morg, Terrax, Jack Of Hearts, and then some. I mean, beat them all, and badly. Darkseid wouldnt be able to beat 2 of them, let alone all 5+, and Bor was cool and all, but doesnt really have the showings to make me believe hell offset the Massive power difference between Tyrant and Darkseid.

carver9
The Heralds were weakened.

curryman
Originally posted by DTM
Trouble? DP Tyrant slaughtered Silver Surfer, Gladiator, Beta Ray Bill, Morg, Terrax, Jack Of Hearts, and then some. I mean, beat them all, and badly. Darkseid wouldnt be able to beat 2 of them, let alone all 5+, and Bor was cool and all, but doesnt really have the showings to make me believe hell offset the Massive power difference between Tyrant and Darkseid.

Half of them weren't even attacking Tyrant...

And there are incidents of Darkseid laying several heralds low with one aoe-attack.

DTM
Originally posted by carver9
The Heralds were weakened.

They were weakened?? Since when, I dont remember anything then saying all of those High Heralds were weakened.

DTM
Originally posted by curryman
Half of them weren't even attacking Tyrant...

And there are incidents of Darkseid laying several heralds low with one aoe-attack.

Im pretty sure they were all attacking Tyrant, he fought them all at once, and managed to KO them all, and without much trouble at all.

And considering Darkseid has trouble fighting Superman alone, I dont think hes remotely in Tyrants class.

curryman
Originally posted by DTM
Im pretty sure they were all attacking Tyrant, he fought them all at once, and managed to KO them all, and without much trouble at all.

And considering Darkseid has trouble fighting Superman alone, I dont think hes remotely in Tyrants class.

Couple of things you should consider.

- They were fighting Tyrant's robot army as well.

- Most of them charged in alone. In example BRB who threw his hammer at him and then got knocked out.

- Darkseid HAS laid down several heralds.

- Tyrant fought them in the Cosmic Power comics. Darkseid met Superman in the Superman comics. Everybody has a hard time fighting Superman in that setting.

DTM
Still, Tyrants victory over Many High Heralds (easily at that), to Darkseids matching bouts against Superman, lead me to believe Tyrant would demolish Darkseid if they two every came to it.

DTM
Very cool pic, just had to share. http://imageshack.us/f/204/lim21.jpg/

curryman
Originally posted by DTM
Still, Tyrants victory over Many High Heralds (easily at that), to Darkseids matching bouts against Superman, lead me to believe Tyrant would demolish Darkseid if they two every came to it.

Many high heralds?

One.

Mshinu
All those three are a but iffy to place powerwise.
Still.. Tyrant wins at their best and Tyrant wins at their worst.

curryman
Originally posted by Mshinu
All those three are a but iffy to place powerwise.
Still.. Tyrant wins at their best and Tyrant wins at their worst.

At their best Darkseid would be well into the Skyfather area, same with Bor smile

Mshinu
At their best Darkseid would be well into the Skyfather area, same with Bor smile

DP Tyrant made Galactus his biatch on his home turf.

zopzop
Couple of things you should consider.

- They were fighting Tyrant's robot army as well.

- Most of them charged in alone. In example BRB who threw his hammer at him and then got knocked out.

- Darkseid HAS laid down several heralds.

- Tyrant fought them in the Cosmic Power comics. Darkseid met Superman in the Superman comics. Everybody has a hard time fighting Superman in that setting.
Yeah, BRB threw his hammer at him and what happened? It bounced right off him and DP Tyrant didn't even feel it.

How many people have taken hits like that from an Uru hammer and just laughed it off?

curryman
Yeah, BRB threw his hammer at him and what happened? It bounced right off him and DP Tyrant didn't even feel it.

How many people have taken hits like that from an Uru hammer and just laughed it off?

Not many, and I don't think anyone's disputing the fact that Tyrant would smash any of them.

I just think this hole team thing gets blown completely out of proportion whenever someone's fighting more than one character. In a comic a herald team is virtually never-ever greater than the sum of its parts, quite the contrary.

People also seem to forget that half of the Tyrant fight had the heralds fighting his personal army. They also don't take into account how Thanos is portrayed in comparison to the heralds in that line of comics.

Darkseid's gotten taken down by Superman, but in all honesty I think Superman would beat Tyrant just as bad had he been in Darkseid's shoes. Just like I believe Superman would beat Bor or Odin or Galactus or any damn one. He's Superman, he's angry and he's right outside the damn sun. Losing there under the Batman/Superman writer would not be a low feat for anyone in my opinion. smile

Darkseid also has his fair share of easily humbling heralds/being unaffected by their attacks.

Bor... well, he doesn't have that many feats. He's always been above Odin, we know that much. Though JMS Thor didn't have too much in the way of showings, by his own admission Bor would've killed him in more or less one-two hits had he not been in possession of the Odinforce. And Thor broke the hammer/expended almost all of the Odinforce in taking him out.

Maybe not Odin's equal, but damn close.

Dampyre
Tyrant wins. Darkseid goes down first and hard.

Dampyre
Not many, and I don't think anyone's disputing the fact that Tyrant would smash any of them.

I just think this hole team thing gets blown completely out of proportion whenever someone's fighting more than one character. In a comic a herald team is virtually never-ever greater than the sum of its parts, quite the contrary.

People also seem to forget that half of the Tyrant fight had the heralds fighting his personal army. They also don't take into account how Thanos is portrayed in comparison to the heralds in that line of comics.

Darkseid's gotten taken down by Superman, but in all honesty I think Superman would beat Tyrant just as bad had he been in Darkseid's shoes. Just like I believe Superman would beat Bor or Odin or Galactus or any damn one. He's Superman, he's angry and he's right outside the damn sun. Losing there under the Batman/Superman writer would not be a low feat for anyone in my opinion. smile

Darkseid also has his fair share of easily humbling heralds/being unaffected by their attacks.

Bor... well, he doesn't have that many feats. He's always been above Odin, we know that much. Though JMS Thor didn't have too much in the way of showings, by his own admission Bor would've killed him in more or less one-two hits had he not been in possession of the Odinforce. And Thor broke the hammer/expended almost all of the Odinforce in taking him out.

Maybe not Odin's equal, but damn close.

You know, some of the posters on this forum leave a whole lot to be desired. laughing out loud

abhilegend
Originally posted by Dampyre
Tyrant wins. Darkseid goes down first and hard.
Because? Tyrant beating a few heralds who were being drained just prior to that?

abhilegend

All of them were being drained, that feat is always overblown. Darkseid waved his hand and knocked Orion out and has oneshotted Mon-El in coma. He has also vaporized Aggog who knocked out Orion and Lightray simultaneously casually.

TheLordofMurder
You know, there have been some great points mentioned in this thread:

1) The Heralds that faced Tyrant did not fight as a cohensive group and were already weakened prior to the fight by Tyrants tech...

2) Darkseid has lost some to Superman, but lets be honest, Supes in DC's golden boy; he'd beat Thanos as well (and maybe even Tyrant himself in the right environment) if all the chips were down...

3) Despite some low showings, Darkseid has punked Heralds with the same ease that we saw Tyrant do it in...

Good points people...good points.

carver9
Originally posted by DTM
They were weakened?? Since when, I dont remember anything then saying all of those High Heralds were weakened.

He was using their energy as a power source before the fight.

Sundipped
LOL at people trying to downplay Tyrants stomp of the heralds. He wasn't even trying. If he really wanted to end them he would've been in beast mode like when he was slicing up Galactus with those talons.

http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/15458440_silversurferv3108p21.jpg

Hell, Tyrants heavy trooper drones zapped and took Gladiator and BRB hostage with ease.

http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/15458344_2890727-ss_v3_079_05a.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/15458343_2169487.jpg

When Surfer and Ganymede arrived at the fortress, Surfer got one shotted by Tyrant.

http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/15458345_2890775-ss_v3_081_12b.jpg

^On the next page when Surfer finally came to his senses, he was hooked up to the siphoning unit with everybody else.

Dampyre
Originally posted by abhilegend
Because? Tyrant beating a few heralds who were being drained just prior to that?

You know, somehow I don't see Galactus backing down from Darkseid. The heralds were all back to full power after being freed. The was no mention of them being weak or anything like that. That's just something people like you say to make Tyrant's feats less impresive. Anyway, Tyrant would stomp Darkseid because he's much more powerful. It is what it is.

Dampyre
A starving Galactus felled Darkseid with a single attack and shrugged off his pitiful Omega Beams. Tyrant was able to at least battle a fresh Gaalctus and actually win even if it wasn't through sheer power alone.

quanchi112
Because? Tyrant beating a few heralds who were being drained just prior to that? He has no low showings and has always been portrayed as a rival to Galactus. Darkseid has not. Superman made him tap out, Orion killed him with his hands, DD made him flee once, and then completely dominated him along with his entire world in another story, etc.

It's like saying hey professor forget those f's just focus on the a's. You have to look at his total body of work and then establish his average. Tyrant clearly stomps.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
You know, there have been some great points mentioned in this thread:

1) The Heralds that faced Tyrant did not fight as a cohensive group and were already weakened prior to the fight by Tyrants tech...

2) Darkseid has lost some to Superman, but lets be honest, Supes in DC's golden boy; he'd beat Thanos as well (and maybe even Tyrant himself in the right environment) if all the chips were down...

3) Despite some low showings, Darkseid has punked Heralds with the same ease that we saw Tyrant do it in...

Good points people...good points. 1)We have seen simply Orion call the jla off to later kill Darkseid on his own.

2)We also see Superman routinely need help to defeat his foes in the jla. You can't speculate as fact. He made darkseid tap out not Tyrant. Darkseid was humiliated but he's also flat out ran from Doomsday before pre dos.

3)He's also been killed and submitted so there you have it. total body of work not just selected showings.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by quanchi112
1)We have seen simply Orion call the jla off to later kill Darkseid on his own.

2)We also see Superman routinely need help to defeat his foes in the jla. You can't speculate as fact. He made darkseid tap out not Tyrant. Darkseid was humiliated but he's also flat out ran from Doomsday before pre dos.

3)He's also been killed and submitted so there you have it. total body of work not just selected showings.

You do know this is current Darkseid in this thread? As in reboot DS?

TheLordofMurder
He has no low showings and has always been portrayed as a rival to Galactus. Darkseid has not. Superman made him tap out, Orion killed him with his hands, DD made him flee once, and then completely dominated him along with his entire world in another story, etc.

It's like saying hey professor forget those f's just focus on the a's. You have to look at his total body of work and then establish his average. Tyrant clearly stomps.

I also like how you continually ignore the fact that Darkseids loss to Doomsday was retconned away while simutaneously never failing to mention that Thanos's loss to Thor was retconned...

TheLordofMurder
@Sundipped

Galactus's loss to Tyrant was utter, horrible, PIS...

Lets review the fight...shall we?

1) Galactus blasts Tyrant, but FORGETS (a near-omniscient being "FORGETTING" the powerset of his own creation that he just encountered a few issues earlier that wants to kill him!??? Really?????) that Tyrant can absorb BSE...so Tyrant is amped now.

2) Galactus unleashes his tech upon Tyrant, but once again in spectacular Bull S**T/PIS fashion, FORGETS that Tyrant is a high-end Technopath...

3) Its CLEARLY stated on panel that he forget these things as ridiculous as it is...

The hugely, clearly, jobber Galactus is screwed at that point...

Yes, it happened and I cant deny that, but dont dare suggest that this fight was anything other than PIS...

Sundipped
@Sundipped

Galactus's loss to Tyrant was utter, horrible, PIS...

Lets review the fight...shall we?

1) Galactus blasts Tyrant, but FORGETS (a near-omniscient being "FORGETTING" the powerset of his own creation that he just encountered a few issues earlier that wants to kill him!??? Really?????) that Tyrant can absorb BSE...so Tyrant is amped now.

2) Galactus unleashes his tech upon Tyrant, but once again in spectacular Bull S**T/PIS fashion, FORGETS that Tyrant is a high-end Technopath...

3) Its CLEARLY stated on panel that he forget these things as ridiculous as it is...

The hugely, clearly, jobber Galactus is screwed at that point...

Yes, it happened and I cant deny that, but dont dare suggest that this fight was anything other than PIS...

Under writer Ron Martz who wrote the first confrontation, there was no absorption or tech advantage to speak of. Galactus blasted him with no repercussions. Then along comes writer Mike Lackey who all of a sudden introduces the advantage and writes that G forgot about these powers. I think the plot was predetermined with this discrepancy not really being a big deal. Writers aren't consistent / concerned with intricate details as the reader.

One things for sure though, despite the fight being considered PIS, the words straight out of G's mouth indicate that Tyrant is more than formidable in a all out battle

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b571/superior100/73613ad5-95f8-4915-9159-518c2062ff3a_zps7aabd153.jpg

zopzop
Originally posted by Sundipped
Under writer Ron Martz who wrote the first confrontation, there was no absorption or tech advantage to speak of. Galactus blasted him with no repercussions. Then along comes writer Mike Lackey who all of a sudden introduces the advantage and writes that G forgot about these powers. I think the plot was predetermined with this discrepancy not really being a big deal. Writers aren't consistent / concerned with intricate details as the reader.

One things for sure though, despite the fight being considered PIS, the words straight out of G's mouth indicate that Tyrant is more than formidable in a all out battle

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b571/superior100/73613ad5-95f8-4915-9159-518c2062ff3a_zps7aabd153.jpg
Exactly.

The beauty of that scan is that it was written by a different writer, Ron Marz. So BOTH Lackey (the supposed "PIS" fight) and Marz (Tyrant's first appearances) agree that even "DP" Tyrant is a legitimate threat to Galactus.

What character can say the same vs a non-hungry/non-starving Galactus? Surely no one under Skyfather level.

quanchi112
You do know this is current Darkseid in this thread? As in reboot DS? The one whose eyes were stabbed out by Aquaman. Even better. laughing out loud

All those other showings you praised aren't relevant then. I see you really have thought this through.

quanchi112
I also like how you continually ignore the fact that Darkseids loss to Doomsday was retconned away while simutaneously never failing to mention that Thanos's loss to Thor was retconned... DD's loss was never retconned away unless you are saying this is NUSeid whose one showing is far less than anything Tyrant has ever done.

Anyway you want it Tyrant stomps.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Dampyre
You know, somehow I don't see Galactus backing down from Darkseid. The heralds were all back to full power after being freed. The was no mention of them being weak or anything like that. That's just something people like you say to make Tyrant's feats less impresive. Anyway, Tyrant would stomp Darkseid because he's much more powerful. It is what it is.
Ah, the same Galactus is far beyond anyone from DC routine. I don't see Galactus beating Time-trapper or PC mordru either or being compared to Infinite Man in power either. You want to plat the high end game?Originally posted by Dampyre
A starving Galactus felled Darkseid with a single attack and shrugged off his pitiful Omega Beams. Tyrant was able to at least battle a fresh Gaalctus and actually win even if it wasn't through sheer power alone.
Ah, the non-canon crossover you mean? Shall we talk about the actual feats like Galactus getting nearly killed by two planets colliding while superman surviving two planets colliding without much harm under the same writer? Or Thing knocking out galactus? Or galactus getting nearly killed by 12 darkwings one of whom Rom beat easily. The fact is Tyrant is no galactus and he doesn't gets his feats.Originally posted by Sundipped
LOL at people trying to downplay Tyrants stomp of the heralds. He wasn't even trying. If he really wanted to end them he would've been in beast mode like when he was slicing up Galactus with those talons.

Yeah, he was slicing up Galactus. That's like Thor and Beta Ray Bill level feat right there.

BRB was already heavily wounded with B&T Thor pushing his shit in. Who cares about Gladiator.

Twoshotting surfer is now oneshotting him, just great. Thor did that too just after that BTW. Its not like Darkseid hasn't beaten Heralds like that too.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/RacerX-Firestorm35-p20.jpg
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/RacerX-Firestorm35-p21.jpg

Puts Mon-El in coma
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/lsh-v2-292-06.jpg
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/lsh-v2-292-07.jpg
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/lsh-v2-293-02.jpg
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/lsh-v2-293-04.jpg

Bor would've killed classic Thor in one hit. Treating like Tyrant knocking out heralds is such a big deal is laughable. See how easily he knocks out terrax, Jack of Hearts and Ganymede

http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/15462924_CosmicPowers06Tyrant_Page_09_Image_0001.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/15462925_CosmicPowers06Tyrant_Page_10_Image_0001.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/15462927_CosmicPowers06Tyrant_Page_12_Image_0001.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/15462928_CosmicPowers06Tyrant_Page_13_Image_0001.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/15462929_CosmicPowers06Tyrant_Page_15_Image_0001.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/15462930_CosmicPowers06Tyrant_Page_16_Image_0001.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/15462931_CosmicPowers06Tyrant_Page_17_Image_0001.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/15462932_CosmicPowers06Tyrant_Page_18_Image_0001.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/15462933_CosmicPowers06Tyrant_Page_19_Image_0001.jpg

quanchi112
Beating a group of heralds like this is a big deal especially when Galactus himself won't confront you in a battle. 2+2=4.

DTM
Many high heralds?

One.

Surfer, Morg, Gladiator and BRB are all High Heralds (and Terrax isnt THAT far behind). I wouldnt say Darkseid could take any 2 of those 4, let alone all 4, and then some, and as easily as he did.

curryman
Originally posted by DTM
Surfer, Morg, Gladiator and BRB are all High Heralds (and Terrax isnt THAT far behind).

Says who?

Tier list sure as shit doesn't.

Sundipped
That's like Thor and Beta Ray Bill level feat right there.

So......Thor and BRB are Tyrant level now? Imagine if Tyrant went beast mode on the heralds like that. Tell me what happens then?

BRB was already heavily wounded with B&T Thor pushing his shit in. Who cares about Gladiator.

Drones still took him out. Generally speaking, are you saying Glads durability is so much lower despite him being a legitimate high herald? I could care less about your dislike of the character.

Originally posted by abhillegend
Twoshotting surfer is now oneshotting him, just great. Thor did that too just after that BTW.

Big deal. Surfer was so out of it he didn't even see the second shot coming. And let's not pretend that BRB hasn't taken up to as many as 10 shots from a warrior madness Thor before.

Its not like Darkseid hasn't beaten Heralds like that too.

Heralds? Tyrant punks abstracts and tells them to get the phuck out. Even after they demand something of value to them.

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b571/superior100/a3d885d0-c8fc-4d11-b80a-e0f631c3feac_zpsff4d0153.jpg

When Darkseid challenges cosmic entities he gets vaporized by eye beams.
Get back at me when you can find scans of abstracts having to prep to this extent just to face him.

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b571/superior100/c532f480-ad13-421a-84a9-00c3cc4f2008_zps9582d281.jpg

Bor would've killed classic Thor in one hit.

I call bullshit on that statement. Thor is known to be over dramatic at times. He really should have been saying that when he took shots from the Phoenix Force/Surtur/and Exitar. Not a basically featless Bor who he ended up killing anyway.

See how easily he knocks out terrax, Jack of Hearts and Ganymede

I know right? 3 shots for Terrax and 2 for Legacy and Jack of Hearts apiece. Not bad for just toying around. Ganymedes a non factor. She got b!tch slapped by Thanos.

zopzop
Ah, the non-canon crossover you mean? Shall we talk about the actual feats like Galactus getting nearly killed by two planets colliding while superman surviving two planets colliding without much harm under the same writer? Or Thing knocking out galactus? Or galactus getting nearly killed by 12 darkwings one of whom Rom beat easily.
Good job bringing up instances where Galactus was starving or near death and getting his ass handed to him like it means something.

DP Tyrant fought a PREPed and FED Galactus on Galactus' home turf (under Lackey's pen). Galactus took DP Tyrant by surprise and DP Tyrant still stared him down and punked him (under Marz's pen).

So you're examples are fail. Like comparing apples to turds.

Yeah. A featless character Loki turned into a snowflake would one shot kill Thor when Thor has taken MULTIPLE hits by Celestials (at their prime), faced down a TRUE Skyfather (Zeus), etc... and was NOT one shotted.

But one hit by Bor would kill him? roll eyes (sarcastic)

abhilegend
So......Thor and BRB are Tyrant level now? Imagine if Tyrant went beast mode on the heralds like that. Tell me what happens then? No, but slashing/damaging galactus' armor is Thor/BRB level.

Glads is a high herald? Since when? He is at best a mid-herald character despite Byrne's best efforts.

Thor oneshotted surfer under the same writer. BRB was still wounded when he was brought in by drones and was further drained.

Galactus in his most appearances is not an abstract and certainly not under Marz.

Like Time-Trapper, right? Or PC Mordru?

Yeah, classic pick and choose tactic. Thor ended up shattering mjolnir on Bor's skin which has only happened when he godblasted Exitar and certainly not against four or five encounters against Galactus.

Where was it mentioned that he was toying with them? Check out his awesome fight against Thanos in which he looks far less impressive than Odin who literally walked the dog upon Thanos.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/CosmicPowers06Tyrant_Page_24_Image_0001.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/CosmicPowers06Tyrant_Page_25_Image_0001.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/CosmicPowers06Tyrant_Page_26_Image_0001.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/CosmicPowers06Tyrant_Page_27_Image_0001.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/CosmicPowers06Tyrant_Page_28_Image_0001.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/CosmicPowers06Tyrant_Page_29_Image_0001.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/CosmicPowers06Tyrant_Page_30_Image_0001.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/CosmicPowers06Tyrant_Page_31_Image_0001.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/CosmicPowers06Tyrant_Page_32_Image_0001.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/CosmicPowers06Tyrant_Page_33_Image_0001.jpg

Tyrant is a Mid level skyfather at best. He would beat either Darkseid or Bor solo but as a Team they would win.

zopzop

Where was it mentioned that he was toying with them? Check out his awesome fight against Thanos in which he looks far less impressive than Odin who literally walked the dog upon Thanos.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/CosmicPowers06Tyrant_Page_24_Image_0001.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/CosmicPowers06Tyrant_Page_25_Image_0001.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/CosmicPowers06Tyrant_Page_26_Image_0001.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/CosmicPowers06Tyrant_Page_27_Image_0001.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/CosmicPowers06Tyrant_Page_28_Image_0001.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/CosmicPowers06Tyrant_Page_29_Image_0001.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/CosmicPowers06Tyrant_Page_30_Image_0001.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/CosmicPowers06Tyrant_Page_31_Image_0001.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/CosmicPowers06Tyrant_Page_32_Image_0001.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/CosmicPowers06Tyrant_Page_33_Image_0001.jpg

Tyrant is a Mid level skyfather at best. He would beat either Darkseid or Bor solo but as a Team they would win.
You seem to be forgetting the part where Thanos had 6 issues of prep, that orb, and STILL RAN FROM TYRANT and admitted Tyrant would kill him if he stuck around.

Now compare this to his fight with Odin, where Thanos didn't go their looking for a fight, had no prep, and wasn't running anywhere.

abhilegend

Good job bringing up instances where Galactus was starving or near death and getting his ass handed to him like it means something. Yeah, that's just fine and dandy.

By absorbing his power. A weakened Darkseid oneshotted PC mordru and absorbed the power of Time-trapper, an actual abstract and not someone who is the jobber king of comics.

Whoop-dee-doo. Staring down is such a mega feat, Darkseid beat Jimmy Olsen with the power of EVERY new god something which exceeds the Source/ALE entity's powers.

laughing out loud

Loki? The guy who trapped Mistress Death against her wishes in a bottle? You are going the wrong way with that. Thor shattered mjolnir against Bor with a strike, something neither Galactus nor celestials can claim.

Pick and choose, eh?

abhilegend
You seem to be forgetting the part where Thanos had 6 issues of prep, that orb, and STILL RAN FROM TYRANT and admitted Tyrant would kill him if he stuck around.

Now compare this to his fight with Odin, where Thanos didn't go their looking for a fight, had no prep, and wasn't running anywhere.
The prep was for nothing but to reach Tyrant's ship, the orb was just for enhancing his energy blasts and he still stalemated Tyrant in pure strength when he dropped it. Compare that to Odin casually bitchslapping him, breaking his shields and breaking his force-shields like twig. Now you are taking Thanos' statements as true, hasn't he taken blasts from Maker, Galactus, IG magus and lots of other more powerful beings and not killed? Standard Flip-Flop tactic, I guess.

zopzop
The prep was for nothing but to reach Tyrant's ship, the orb was just for enhancing his energy blasts and he still stalemated Tyrant in pure strength when he dropped it. Compare that to Odin casually bitchslapping him, breaking his shields and breaking his force-shields like twig. Now you are taking Thanos' statements as true, hasn't he taken blasts from Maker, Galactus, IG magus and lots of other more powerful beings and not killed? Standard Flip-Flop tactic, I guess.
Talk about picking and choosing. Thanos said if he hung around, he had no doubt Tyrant would kill him so he ran.

A) Galactus was about to kill Thanos but Thanos convinced him to stop his attack.

B) Maker was an insane Cube Being that was inhabiting a mortal body. After that huge ass blast she let off, she never did anything like that again when they rematched and Thanos OWNED her. OWNED. Yet he ran from Tyrant. This example is the most pitiful one of all. But you're desperate and reaching so it's understandable.

C) Magus with the IG was toying with Thanos. If he was serious, Thanos or any other abstract under the LT would have been nothing but a bloody smear.

zopzop
Loki? The guy who trapped Mistress Death against her wishes in a bottle? You are going the wrong way with that. Thor shattered mjolnir against Bor with a strike, something neither Galactus nor celestials can claim.

Nice job using a "feat" from a Deadpool comic. laughing
So much fail.

Sundipped
No, but slashing/damaging galactus' armor is Thor/BRB level

Now you resort to repeating comments. Nice dodge of my question.

Glads is a high herald? Since when? He is at best a mid-herald character despite Byrne's best efforts

Your opinion. You must think you're talking to Carver.

Thor oneshotted surfer under the same writer. BRB was still wounded when he was brought in by drones and was further drained.

What makes you think Tyrant can't if he really tried? Surfer can't even hurt Tyrant. AT ALL. Quit making excuses for Bill. You know he would've got wasted just the same.

Galactus in his most appearances is not an abstract and certainly not under Marz.

Umm....could it be those hunger pains most of the time? We didn't have that problem in this arc.

Like Time-Trapper, right? Or PC Mordru?

Lowballing + bias = fail for you. This is a FULLY FED Galactus we're talking about.

Yeah , classic pick and choose tactic. Thor ended up shattering mjolnir on Bor's skin which has only happened when he godblasted Exitar and certainly not against four or five encounters against Galactus.

Stormbreaker bounced off Tyrant. There is no Mjolnir to be shattered in this fight. I bet Tyrants talons pierce the shit out of Bor though. Too bad it's not Galactus facing Bor. Even though G would stomp a hole in him.

Less impressive than the Odin fight? Don't make me laugh. laughing out loud
Tyrant hit Thanos 3 times and he was ready to tap out. Never seen him teleport so quickly. Even with prep he admitted he would get killed. Just like Darkseid and Bor would WITHOUT the amp.

abhilegend
Talk about picking and choosing. Thanos said if he hung around, he had no doubt Tyrant would kill him so he ran.

A) Galactus was about to kill Thanos but Thanos convinced him to stop his attack.

B) Maker was an insane Cube Being that was inhabiting a mortal body. After that huge ass blast she let off, she never did anything like that again when they rematched and Thanos OWNED her. OWNED. Yet he ran from Tyrant. This example is the most pitiful one of all. But you're desperate and reaching so it's understandable.

C) Magus with the IG was toying with Thanos. If he was serious, Thanos or any other abstract under the LT would have been nothing but a bloody smear.
Nope. If you want to use one character's statements, you've to use another's too which was made in same circumstances. Again with statements about Galactus killing Thanos, didn't you just said statements are not to be used? Oracle also owned Maker before she got insane and Rachel grey overpowered her, owning her telepathically when she was already insane is not a big deal. Now you are making your own distinctions about what Magus was doing and shit. Classic flip-flop.Originally posted by zopzop
Nice job using a "feat" from a Deadpool comic. laughing
So much fail.
Its canon. Your laughing wouldn't change that. Try again.

leonidas
i think this would need to be ds at his classic levels to have a chance in this match.....

zopzop
Nope. If you want to use one character's statements, you've to use another's too which was made in same circumstances. Again with statements about Galactus killing Thanos, didn't you just said statements are not to be used? Oracle also owned Maker before she got insane and Rachel grey overpowered her, owning her telepathically when she was already insane is not a big deal. Now you are making your own distinctions about what Magus was doing and shit. Classic flip-flop.
Your example doesn't make sense don't you understand that?

You ASSUME that Maker is more powerful than Tyrant, yet Thanos (the common foe) ran from Tyrant YET beat MAKER.

Do you understand how moronic your example is? So Thanos statement is backed up with some on panel proof because vs Tyrant he ran, yet he pursued Maker and beat her ass down.

It's canon?
http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/4258/neverhappened.th.jpg
Like it never even happened. laughing

abhilegend
Now you resort to repeating comments. Nice dodge of my question.
Repeating comments? I answered your question. Pray tell me what's your position about slashing galactus' face means? Thor caved galactus' head, does that makes him skyfather too?

Not my opinion. Its a fact. Name one high herald he's beaten or even stalemated, just one for him being a high herald.

I'm not going to make imaginary scenarios here. I'm just arguing about what was shown in the comic. Terrax did as well as Ganymede. Don't tell me surfer's below both of them. No excuses, that's what happened. You don't like it, sue marvel.

Even without that. Galactus isn't an abstract in most of his appearances.

Lulz at calling me biased. A fully fed galactus hasn't appeared yet in comics. He was sated and that makes him an Elder God-borderline CCU level. Time trapper is an abstract.

Mjolnir has bounced off of Hyperion. A weakened, wounded BRB tossed that stormbreaker. Holy reading comprehension fail batman! Nope. Like he did to Bor's son, amirite?

Laugh all you want.
Because he accomplished what he was trying. I thought statement aren't allowed here. Agree to disagree at this point. Its clear you and I aren't going to change each other's minds.

abhilegend

Your example doesn't make sense don't you understand that? She isn't?

laughing out loud

Maker oneshotted Thanos' purple ass. Just because she was weak mentally doesn't makes her weak in power. Oracle already lobotomized her.

Because he learned that she was mentally weak. That's nothing to do with power.

Do you know how to read scans? Honestly? Deadpool remembers Loki's curse in the same page. Anyway agree to disagree at this point. Sorry to interrupt your gushing of Tyrant. Carry on.

carver9
@ABHI...

What High Herald has Gladiator fought?

curryman
Why are people getting so caught up in the Odin-Thanos fight comparison?

You can agree that Tyrant came closer to killing Tyrant, though Thanos certainly did a lot more damage to Tyrant as well!

You wanna tout the fact that Thanos ran from Tyrant? Well, Thanos got what he came for. Completely different scenarios. They actually showed up to get help from Odin, and they got it....

You say that Thanos had prep yet failed to defeat Tyrant? Thanos was never really out to beat Tyrant. No one seriously believes that the Titan would fail given sufficient prep do they?

zopzop
She isn't?

laughing out loud

Maker oneshotted Thanos' purple ass. Just because she was weak mentally doesn't makes her weak in power. Oracle already lobotomized her.

Maker one shotted Thanos with his guard down. We all saw what happened when he was ready for her. He beat her. Yet he ran from Tyrant.

And Oracle never lobotomized her. She shut down her mind when Maker was in a zoned out state. That's not a lobotomy. That's exactly what Thanos did to her in their rematch and Thanos didn't have the luxury of facing off vs a zoned out Maker (like Oracle did).

Yup. He matched her power output, beat her down, then shut off her mind. That's not how it went down with Tyrant.

I know how to read perfectly well.

You were trying to use a Loki "feat" from a Deadpool comic as some kind of proof. Add in the fact that Loki is a notorious bullsH|t artist and the picture is complete.

He also trolled Hank Pym that way too. By disguising himself as Eternity and bestowing on him the title of Scientist Supreme.

That Deadpool issue is proof of nothing.

zopzop
You say that Thanos had prep yet failed to defeat Tyrant? Thanos was never really out to beat Tyrant. No one seriously believes that the Titan would fail given sufficient prep do they?
Do you realize that was EXACTLY the writer's intent during the entire six issue Cosmic Powers series?

Do you even read comics? Jeezus.

Sundipped
Repeating comments? I answered your question. Pray tell me what's your position about slashing galactus' face means? Thor caved galactus' head, does that makes him skyfather too

No you didn't. G had to prep for Tyrant. Not those two. See the difference?

Not my opinion. Its a fact. Name one high herald he's beaten or even stalemated, just one for him being a high herald

He stalemated Thor until they teamed up to land that jet..

I'm not going to make imaginary scenarios here. I'm just arguing about what was shown in the comic

You are allowed to use your common sense sometimes.

Originally posted by abilegend
Terrax did as well as Ganymede. Don't tell me surfer's altogether level now.

Did well? Ganymede got pimp slapped and Terrax wound up face down.

Originally posted by abilegend
No excuses, that's what happened. You don't like it, sue marvel

It's irrelevant what happenned. Bill got his ass kicked. I'm happy.

Even without that. Galactus isn't an abstract in most of his appearances

He's no less than low level abstract.

Lulz at calling me biased. A fully fed galactus hasn't appeared yet in comics. He was sated and that makes him an Elder God-borderline CCU level. Time trapper is an abstract

Elder God? Like Shuma Gorath level? That's a slap in the face.

Mjolnir has bounced off of Hyperion. A weakened, wounded BRB tossed that stormbreaker.

Hyperions a beast. Haven't you heard? He pushed 2 universes. smile

Holy reading comprehension fail batman!

????????? What made you turn into Robin?

Nope .

Yep.

Like he did to Bor's son, amirite?

Well he did wind up in Odinsleep didn't he?

Laugh all you want

Here are a couple more smileys. laughing out loud laughing out loud

Because he accomplished what he was trying.

Plus dying would kill his accomplishments.

I thought statement aren't allowed here.

But wait, you just used Thor's.

Agree to disagree at this point. Its clear you and I aren't going to change each other's minds.

thumb up Zop you take it from here.

abhilegend

Maker one shotted Thanos with his guard down. We all saw what happened when he was ready for her. He beat her. Yet he ran from Tyrant.

laughing out loud

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/th_t-09-17.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/th_t-09-18.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/th_t-09-19.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/th_t-09-22.jpg

Hahaha, trying to contradict yourself much? Lulz.

Yeah, he just suckered her whens she has already made herself vulnerable.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/th_Thanos10-011.jpg

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/th_Thanos10-015.jpg

Because she made herself vulnerable and Thanos was already shutting her mind down.

Apparently not.

Nope, you think it does. Doesn't makes it true.

Two different things altogether.

Only to you and frankly I don't want to deal with your whining about how marvel's killing their own characters.

zopzop
laughing out loud

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/th_t-09-17.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/th_t-09-18.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/th_t-09-19.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/th_t-09-22.jpg
Yeah, she KOed him when his guard was down. Now post the rematch when he was ready for her. You won't because it destroys your entire argument. He beat Maker yet fled from Tyrant.

You realize you can shut down someone's mind WITHOUT lobotomizing them right? It's called a COMA.

Now post scans where it says Oracle lobotomized her.

Yes, HER MIND. Post scans of the fight. Where he was matching her blast for blast, beating her down, then finally shutting down her mind.

The fact that you had to resort to a DEADPOOL comic in which Loki trolls Deadpool into believing he's his father for a feat is sad and pathetic. Especially when I gave you an example of Loki pulling this sh|t with mortals on another occasion ("Eternity" and Hank Pym).

abhilegend
No you didn't. G had to prep for Tyrant. Not those two. See the difference? He also fed on a planet before coming to asgard.

You mean the future gladiator? Non canon for current gladiator. Also lulz @stalemating, thor caved his face in when he got serious.

You are not using yours though.

They damaged him. Ganymede was still conscious after several attacks.

Weakened, drained BRB. I'm happy too.

Nope.

No, RKT level. Consistent with how he's shown in majority of appearances.

facepalm

I was talking about Squadron Supreme Hyperion.

facepalmx

Nope.

After giving galactus hell in TP battle.

Laugh more.

Tyrant died too. Everyone else returned from nullification even that shitty Air-walker.

You're the guy who's refuting one statement and accepting another. I'm not.

He's already failing harder than ever.

abhilegend

Yeah, she KOed him when his guard was down. Now post the rematch when he was ready for her. You won't because it destroys your entire argument. He beat Maker yet fled from Tyrant. Now just put the scan where Tyrant KOED thanos. Where was Thanos' guard down anyway?

No, you can't. Shutting mind down=lobotimizing in comics. That was also the reason Maker went docile and not tearing shit up.

You mean the fight where he suckered her and was already shutting her mind. Yeah, he is as big a telepath as Oracle. Big deal.

He's loki, that's what he does. How does that means him trapping Death is just trolling? You know, your tantrums are quite pathetic from start. That's a complete different scenario. ODG already shut you up on this once before. Don't make me do that again.

Stoic
Tyrant

zopzop
Now just put the scan where Tyrant KOED thanos. Where was Thanos' guard down anyway?
It was down because he didn't approach her with intent to attack. He went to reason with her. This is made ESPECIALLY clear when he returns and she says "This time you bring pain".

Thanos went into the Tyrant fight ready and with prep + that orb. Thanos STUMBLED into the Maker fight and still kicked her ass.

The fact that you can't grasp this is pathetic.

So you got ZERO proof. Nice. Post scans of Oracle or Thanos lobotomizing Maker or admit you made sh|t up.

No I mean the fight when he came EXPECTING a fight. She turned to face him and the result wasn't pretty for her.

Yeah, he's known for trapping universal abstracts and holding them against their will? Ok, put up or shut up, show me when this happened before concerning Loki. I'll wait.

Do it again please. I quaking with anticipation. roll eyes (sarcastic)

abhilegend

It was down because he didn't approach her with intent to attack. He went to reason with her.

orly

He went to find why Beyonder was in mortal form, he was never going to reason with her. That's because he suckered her. Not that because he wasn't intent upon fighting her before. Anyway his durability was the same with or without the intent of attack.

He only prepped to find Terrax, Ganymede and others to find Tyrant and that Orb only held Morg's powers. We saw Thanos completely tank Tyrant's attack without the orb which was only used to enhance his energy attacks anyway. Have you even read the comic? Honestly? Thanos always knew who Maker was, he never stumbled upon anything.

Your entire stance is pathetic. OMG, Thanos didn't want to attack her. That reduced his durability, you suxxorzzz!!11

First you post the proof that shutting mind=/=lobotomizing.

Yeah he found her weakness and suckered her when she wasn't expecting. Thanos=Oracle. Hurray for him.

Easy.

www.turboimagehost.com/p/15467662/LokiMagicPower24Deadpool34.jpg.html

Now STFU.

I've better things to do than than silencing whining crybabies like you. Now I know why you are FlopFlop. Consider this debate to be over.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Tyrant and pretty easily

zopzop
orly

He went to find why Beyonder was in mortal form, he was never going to reason with her. That's because he suckered her. Not that because he wasn't intent upon fighting her before. Anyway his durability was the same with or without the intent of attack.
He went looking for answers, not a fight (reason being he met her as a child in her Beyonder form, according to the flashback).
http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/1116/answersi.th.jpg

He had six issues of prep and went seeking the orb that Terrax stated were "his greatest strength or his biggest weakness should they be turned against him".

And he stumbled onto the fight because she found him first and later she initiated hostilities. Add to the fact that Gladiator told him Maker was Cosmos aka Beyonder so he learned of her only AFTER he was inside the Kylnn prison (it's not like he had prep) :
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/1511/reveal.th.jpg

It's called a sucker punch/attack. They happen all the time in comics. When Thanos was ready for it the second time (as stated on panel), he wrecked her :
http://imageshack.us/a/img715/8598/43582767.th.jpg http://imageshack.us/a/img822/8108/62471671.th.jpg http://imageshack.us/a/img109/1951/78521568.th.jpg http://imageshack.us/a/img51/6452/55482695.th.jpg http://imageshack.us/a/img132/719/94543025.th.jpg

That's not how it works. You stated she was lobotomized. Where is the proof on panel? On panel it stated that she was in a state of catatonia. Nothing more, nothing less.
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/4373/catatonia.th.jpg

Fail. He announced his arrival to her : I'm coming. Then she turned to face him. Then she got her ass kicked.

Deadpool comic...............again. ROFLMAO. And I'm aware of that scan.

Obviously you don't. Otherwise you wouldn't continue to argue in circles knowing your not making any points and are arguing just to argue.

curryman
Do you realize that was EXACTLY the writer's intent during the entire six issue Cosmic Powers series?

Do you even read comics? Jeezus.

Give up.

You're not winning this.

Or do you wanna get into a prep war between Tyrant (and his pathetic little space-dynasty) vs Thanos (and all he's accomplished).

zopzop
Give up.

You're not winning this.

Or do you wanna get into a prep war between Tyrant (and his pathetic little space-dynasty) vs Thanos (and all he's accomplished).
I already "won" this. See this? That's the writer's intent, Thanos had PREP (six issues of it) going into his fight with Tyrant :

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/1849/cosmicpowers01thanospag.th.jpg http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/1665/cosmicpowers02terraxpag.th.jpg http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/1665/cosmicpowers02terraxpag.th.jpg http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/1665/cosmicpowers02terraxpag.th.jpg

So your opinion means nothing. Writer's intent >>>>>>>>>>>>>>your opinion.

Stoic
Was it ever stated that the Darkseid that Doomsday beat up was a fake?

leonidas
not in so many words.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/841/1607002fb977017jpgorig9.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/17/1607010f9cca559jpgorig2.jpg/

these instances have led many to suppose that it was not the real ds, doomsday beat, but an avatar. which.....doesn't really matter much imo as it would imply nearly ALL ds appearances were avatars.....for my money, dd beat ds--or at least the version of ds we see most consistently.

Stoic
Well since we may have never seen the true Darkseid, we have to go with the one we all know and love. Therefore Tyrant would beat the living shit out of both of these guys.

quanchi112

Obviously you don't. Otherwise you wouldn't continue to argue in circles knowing your not making any points and are arguing just to argue. No one on herochat pays him any mind. They agree with your post of his rationale as well.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Stoic
Was it ever stated that the Darkseid that Doomsday beat up was a fake? It was the real deal.

WhiteWitchKing
Lol. Team still wins. DP Tyrant was getting knocked around by Terrax, Ganymede, and Jack of Hearts.

lol. JOH taking it to Tyrant.
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15462929/CosmicPowers06Tyrant_Page_15_Image_0001.jpg.html

lol. "HRNN" wtf kinda sound is that?
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15462931/CosmicPowers06Tyrant_Page_17_Image_0001.jpg.html

curryman
I already "won" this. See this? That's the writer's intent, Thanos had PREP (six issues of it) going into his fight with Tyrant :

So your opinion means nothing. Writer's intent >>>>>>>>>>>>>>your opinion.

Thanos had prep and he won.

hurr durr writer's opinion.

Okay, that's great. There are still more writers who favor Thanos, and so did actually Ron Marz considering the way he penned Thanos, as you know...coming about the victor against Tyrant and his other portrayal in the Surfer comics.

Not that it matters that much, since we're not here to compare writer opinions. Especially not in a case as vague as this. Try reading the comics instead of chugging down the white hot fanboy juices that you seem to love so much.

Tyrant can't amp off of anything. I say Bor stomps him.

leonidas
Well since we may have never seen the true Darkseid, we have to go with the one we all know and love. Therefore Tyrant would beat the living shit out of both of these guys.

maybe. i tend to see ds and bor about the same level as a pair of thanos's. i think tyrant would have been able to beat even 2 of thanos in that mini, but it would have been a tough fight for him imo. i think these 2 could make tyrant work pretty hard, but in the end he would be too much.

TheLordofMurder
Somehow I fail to see Jack of Hearts taking it to Bor the way he was taking it to Tyrant; Jack of Hearts was actually affecting Tyrant with his attacks...

I can understand people believing Tyrant would win this fight (I could actually see him emerging victorious after a hard fight against these two, but at the same time I cant see him winning every single time under the conditions presented in the OP), but those saying that Tyrant "stomps?"

Sorry...no...someone who he being negatively affected by freaking Jack of Hearts isnt "stomping" Bor and Darkseid at the same time.

Aint happening...

zopzop
Somehow I fail to see Jack of Hearts taking it to Bor the way he was taking it to Tyrant; Jack of Hearts was actually affecting Tyrant with his attacks...

I can understand people believing Tyrant would win this fight (I could actually see him emerging victorious after a hard fight against these two, but at the same time I cant see him winning every single time under the conditions presented in the OP), but those saying that Tyrant "stomps?"

Sorry...no...someone who he being negatively affected by freaking Jack of Hearts isnt "stomping" Bor and Darkseid at the same time.

Aint happening...
Uhm we saw how Thanos "affected" Galactus with his blast (sent him reeling and his armor broken and smoldering). Yet he couldn't budge Odin.

Hence Odin > Galactus! confused

TheLordofMurder
Uhm we saw how Thanos "affected" Galactus with his blast (sent him reeling and his armor broken and smoldering). Yet he couldn't budge Odin.

Hence Odin > Galactus! confused

Thanos "Suckered" Galactus the same way the Maker "suckered" Thanos...

wink

TheLordofMurder
Tyrant was ready for JoH's attacks (just like Odin was ready for Thanos's attacks) and was still being negatively impacted by them, so its not the same situation...

zopzop
Thanos "Suckered" Galactus the same way the Maker "suckered" Thanos...

wink Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Tyrant was ready for JoH's attacks (just like Odin was ready for Thanos's attacks) and was still being negatively impacted by them, so its not the same situation...
Thats not true my friend. I even posted the scan. Thanos went there to reason with Galactus and Galactus turned around to attack him. Thanos just got his attack off first.

I even posted the scan. Galactus turned and faced Thanos then said he was going to kill him.

quanchi112
Thats not true my friend. I even posted the scan. Thanos went there to reason with Galactus and Galactus turned around to attack him. Thanos just got his attack off first.

I even posted the scan. Galactus turned and faced Thanos then said he was going to kill him. Exactly. Galactus made his intentions clear and was looking right at Thanos.

quanchi112
Originally posted by leonidas
maybe. i tend to see ds and bor about the same level as a pair of thanos's. i think tyrant would have been able to beat even 2 of thanos in that mini, but it would have been a tough fight for him imo. i think these 2 could make tyrant work pretty hard, but in the end he would be too much. Based off of what ?

Sundipped
WTF? no expression
The nitpicking is unbelievable. Who here REALLY thinks Jacks attacks had any effect? Especially since Surfer couldn't do anything. Oh, and then there's this.

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b571/superior100/b6053752-907e-405a-b010-c27794b28dd3_zpsd6efeedd.jpg

leonidas

Aint happening...

i can agree with most of this. i don't see jack as being much of a gauge though. he was sort of given his shining moment and was shown doing well. happens all the time in comics. imo it doesn't really translate. we've also seen thanos be all up immune to a full-on ss attack. tools of the author.

i do agree with your oevrall assessment though and i don't think it illogical to believe the team might have a chance to win a couple out of 10 and i also don't see a stomp in any of the fights.....

WhiteWitchKing
Tyrant has had few showings at all and the two times he's fought against the heralds he wasn't doing anything above what these two have performed against herald levelers. Yet people are giving him a stomp win over two trans to skyfahter level being. Nonsense.

zopzop
Tyrant has had few showings at all and the two times he's fought against the heralds he wasn't doing anything above what these two have performed against herald levelers. Yet people are giving him a stomp win over two trans to skyfahter level being. Nonsense.
Gee, I wonder why?
http://imageshack.us/a/img715/2182/silversurferv308237.th.jpg
roll eyes (sarcastic)

quanchi112
Tyrant has had few showings at all and the two times he's fought against the heralds he wasn't doing anything above what these two have performed against herald levelers. Yet people are giving him a stomp win over two trans to skyfahter level being. Nonsense. laughing out loud

Tyrant wins. thor with some of the odinpower killed Bor while Tyrant was beating Galactus. Not even close.

WhiteWitchKing
Gee, I wonder why?
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Oh wow, and then Thanos came and made a mockery out of him and took his orb. They didn't fight so what's you're point?

WhiteWitchKing
Gee, I wonder why?
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Oh wow, and then Thanos came and made a mockery out of him and took his orb. They didn't fight so what's you're point? At the height of Tyrant's power, Galactus wrecked him and took his powers from him already. So no, this doesn't prove he's on Galactus' level or even close.

TheGodKiller
He also fed on a planet before coming to asgard.
A dead world, and it wasn't even specific prep for his eventual showdown with Asgard. He was going about on business as usual when the Surfer noticed the Worldheart's release.

On the other hand, the planet which he fed on for his battle with Tyrant, was specifically mentioned as being one of the most biosphere-rich worlds he had ever eaten.

curryman
This feels like people are claiming that either Tyrant or Odin could actually stand a chance against Galactus. Which to me, is borderline madness. Odin had a very good showing against him recently and Tyrant did very well against a retarded Galactus.

But no one honestly believe that if Galactus and Tyrant were to throw down, Galactus would lose?

Stoic
This feels like people are claiming that either Tyrant or Odin could actually stand a chance against Galactus. Which to me, is borderline madness. Odin had a very good showing against him recently and Tyrant did very well against a retarded Galactus.

But no one honestly believe that if Galactus and Tyrant were to throw down, Galactus would lose?

You do realize that they fought a quasi on panel off panel battle that was spoken of by Galactus himself right? Now what we saw on panel was portions of Galactus' armor being destroyed which also appeared to cause him serious physical damage.

This much is certain, Galactus said that a battle between the two of them would cause vast amounts of destruction. Which lead me to believe that Galactus would have his hands full with him. Before their final confrontation, Galactus was fully fed, and he was still losing that battle.

You also pointed out that Tyrant was staggered by Terrax's blow. I'd like to remind you, Terrax easily destroyed a world with a similar assault. This is something that Darkseid and Bor would feel as well, but I'm thinking that it would do more harm to them, than it did to Tyrant who pretty much tanked it.

Neither Bor, or the Darkseid that has been shown to battle Superman on occasion would defeat Tyrant. Maybe if you threw in Despero (at his best), and The Sphinx they might take Tyrant down. Maybe.

zopzop
Oh wow, and then Thanos came and made a mockery out of him and took his orb. They didn't fight so what's you're point? At the height of Tyrant's power, Galactus wrecked him and took his powers from him already. So no, this doesn't prove he's on Galactus' level or even close.
Mockery of him? I guess we saw a different fight. Because Thanos was all tore up (more so than his fight with Odin) and he ran with his tail between his legs.

Also it was Tyrant that had the last laugh :
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/53031/996242-tyrant_37_38_super.jpg

As shown on panel.

Nice try though.

TheLordofMurder
Exactly. Galactus made his intentions clear and was looking right at Thanos.

And? Thanos was looking right at the Maker as well when she blew him away with a single eyebream from a lone eye...

carver9
Mockery of him? I guess we saw a different fight. Because Thanos was all tore up (more so than his fight with Odin) and he ran with his tail between his legs.

As shown on panel.

Nice try though.

They did well when they created Tyrant, such a monster. I was about to say Marvel should bring Tyrant back but these days, I think they would ruin the character.

zopzop
And? Thanos was looking right at the Maker as well when she blew him away with a single eyebream from a lone eye...
LoM, my friend, I just provided EVERY scan relevant to that encounter.

He had his guard down when she knocked him out. She even admits to this in the rematch when he announced his arrival and she screamed that "This time you bring pain."

Then they fought and the scans speak for themselves. You are entitled to your opinion but on panel evidence contradicts it. If you don't believe me, just scroll up and a page back. It's all there......ON PANEL.

He had NO prep prior to the encounter because he didn't know Maker was Kosmos was Beyonder until he was INSIDE the Kylnn and ONLY after Gladiator told him.

He went seeking her for answers because he encountered her in her Beyonder form when he was a child. It's stated on panel too.

She found him first and initiated hostilities when his guard was down. When he was ready, he literally destroyed her.

zopzop
Originally posted by carver9
They did well when they created Tyrant, such a monster. I was about to say Marvel should bring Tyrant back but these days, I think they would ruin the character.
+1

Better he stay dead than ruin him like they have with all their other properties.

TheLordofMurder
LoM, my friend, I just provided EVERY scan relevant to that encounter.

He had his guard down when she knocked him out. She even admits to this in the rematch when he announced his arrival and she screamed that "This time you bring pain."

Then they fought and the scans speak for themselves. You are entitled to your opinion but on panel evidence contradicts it. If you don't believe me, just scroll up and a page back. It's all there......ON PANEL.

He had NO prep prior to the encounter because he didn't know Maker was Kosmos was Beyonder until he was INSIDE the Kylnn and ONLY after Gladiator told him.

He went seeking her for answers because he encountered her in her Beyonder form when he was a child. It's stated on panel too.

She found him first and initiated hostilities when his guard was down. When he was ready, he literally destroyed her.

So you'd have me believe that Thanos (who is practically always portrayed as a hyper intelligent, careful, individual who always plans ahead) didnt even consider the possibility that this very powerful, crazy, woman just might attack him?

Sorry...I cant believe that.

And in the rematch, none of her attacks were anywhere near the magnitude of the attack that one-shotted him; it stands to reason that she was sabotaging her power output via her weak frame of mind (and she had already sabotaged her durability; Thanos even admits that she made herself vulnerable)...

Think about it...even in the words of staunch Thanos fanboys...Thanos is at best a High Trans to Low Skyfather. A freaking Cube Being (which is beyond Skyfather and Elder God level) was being beaten by someone that was far weaker than it was...that alone speaks volumes about how far gone she was.

Thanos beat her...

But lets not pretend that there isnt context (her weak, unstable, emotional state) that allowed him to win that fight...

curryman
You do realize that they fought a quasi on panel off panel battle that was spoken of by Galactus himself right? Now what we saw on panel was portions of Galactus' armor being destroyed which also appeared to cause him serious physical damage.

This much is certain, Galactus said that a battle between the two of them would cause vast amounts of destruction. Which lead me to believe that Galactus would have his hands full with him. Before their final confrontation, Galactus was fully fed, and he was still losing that battle.

You also pointed out that Tyrant was staggered by Terrax's blow. I'd like to remind you, Terrax easily destroyed a world with a similar assault. This is something that Darkseid and Bor would feel as well, but I'm thinking that it would do more harm to them, than it did to Tyrant who pretty much tanked it.

Neither Bor, or the Darkseid that has been shown to battle Superman on occasion would defeat Tyrant. Maybe if you threw in Despero (at his best), and The Sphinx they might take Tyrant down. Maybe.

Clearly you're off on your rocker when it comes to Tyrant's strength here, just saying stick out tongue

You think it would take Bor, Darkseid, Sphinx and Despero to defeat depowered Tyrant. Feel free to create a thread and test the waters. I'm sure you would find that a lot of people cosign to the idea that full-powered Sphinx would be more than a match for depowered Tyrant.

Also, read up on Galactus. If you think him having a planet is him being "fully fed" then you're in for a real surprise.

Do I realize that they fought off panel? Of course I ****ing realize that. Everyone here's read the "fight" a million times over. Now try to read the post that you actually responded to. I'm pointing out how ridiculous the idea that Galactus, who created Tyrant and gave him most of his power, would forget vital information like that and attack him with that type of energy. Even more ridiculous is the notion that Galactus, who beat full-powered Tyrant, would make a slip up like that against a vastly weaker version and then lose said fight. That kind of nonsense goes in the "Whoops, I dropped the cosmic-cube" category smile

Physical damage to Galactus? Are you serious?

Your idea of Terrax' attack is even more staggering. He has one good feat 15 years after his fight with Tyrant and suddenly all of his attacks are planet-busting attacks laughing

zopzop
So you'd have me believe that Thanos (who is practically always portrayed as a hyper intelligent, careful, individual who always plans ahead) didnt even consider the possibility that this very powerful, crazy, woman just might attack him?

Sorry...I cant believe that.
You don't have to believe anything my friend. Its' RIGHT THERE ON PANEL. It's shown that he had NO CLUE who the Maker was until he was already inside the prison and ONLY after Gladiator told him. I provided the scans.

It's also stated that he went looking for answers not a fight by both Gladiator AND Thanos and that Thanos' mind was in a state of flux and altered awareness.
http://imageshack.us/a/img29/3173/fluxk.th.jpg http://imageshack.us/a/img703/6924/answersq.th.jpg
That's the mindset he was carrying around when the Maker sucker attacked him.

This excuse won't work. She wanted him dead for hurting her, yet for all her wrath, she couldn't put him down when he was ready for her. Power for power he was matching her blasts and owning her. He had her down on her knees from blasts, THEN he shut down her mind. Fight over.

He matched her power output and shut down her mind (her vulnerable spot). That's what was shown on panel.

quanchi112
And? Thanos was looking right at the Maker as well when she blew him away with a single eyebream from a lone eye... Thanos didn't declare himself to be about to destroy her. He was unprepared. When he was prepared he easily dominated her. A cube being was easily dominated by Lord Thanos. Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Oh wow, and then Thanos came and made a mockery out of him and took his orb. They didn't fight so what's you're point? At the height of Tyrant's power, Galactus wrecked him and took his powers from him already. So no, this doesn't prove he's on Galactus' level or even close. He was defeating Galactus and another writer had Galactus back down from him outright. Odin isn't on G's level since Odin ko'd himself against him.

TheLordofMurder
@zopzop

So you ignore the context of Thanos vs The Maker then?

Or are you actually suggesting that there wasnt any context and that Thanos overcame the full power of a Cube Being!?

I mean, do you recall Thanos saying that she made herself vulnerable? Her being vulnerable had nothing whatsoever to do with Thanos...it had everything to do with her...hence, she sabotaged herself.

As petains the power output of The Maker/Beyonder, you know fully well what this beings power is capable of...are you suggesting that Thanos produced universe warping/Galactus defeating power in that fight?

You know he didnt...during that fight he was just a High Trans/Low Skyfather...and the Maker sabotaged herself to that point to where she was less than that during that fight...

Just admit the context and that she wasnt at her best (or close to it) so we can move on...shall we?

TheLordofMurder
An insane cube being that made itself vulnerable and had sabotaged its power output was easily dominated by Lord Thanos.

There...fixed it for you since I am sure you meant to add context to your statement...

Happy Dance

Stoic
Clearly you're off on your rocker when it comes to Tyrant's strength here, just saying stick out tongue

You think it would take Bor, Darkseid, Sphinx and Despero to defeat depowered Tyrant. Feel free to create a thread and test the waters. I'm sure you would find that a lot of people cosign to the idea that full-powered Sphinx would be more than a match for depowered Tyrant.

Also, read up on Galactus. If you think him having a planet is him being "fully fed" then you're in for a real surprise.

Do I realize that they fought off panel? Of course I ****ing realize that. Everyone here's read the "fight" a million times over. Now try to read the post that you actually responded to. I'm pointing out how ridiculous the idea that Galactus, who created Tyrant and gave him most of his power, would forget vital information like that and attack him with that type of energy. Even more ridiculous is the notion that Galactus, who beat full-powered Tyrant, would make a slip up like that against a vastly weaker version and then lose said fight. That kind of nonsense goes in the "Whoops, I dropped the cosmic-cube" category smile

Physical damage to Galactus? Are you serious?

Your idea of Terrax' attack is even more staggering. He has one good feat 15 years after his fight with Tyrant and suddenly all of his attacks are planet-busting attacks laughing

The Sphiinx would never beat Tyrant. Don't kid yourself. The rest is your opinion, it seemed to have very little to do with what happened on panel, and more of a guesstimate on your part.

Granted the story seemed quite strange that Tyrant was a larger threat to Galactus at what appeared to be smaller in stature. Not my problem though. In their very first on panel appearance, Tyrant made Galactus back down. This says much, as Odin himself was unable to make Galactus back down. I guess it's just something else to thing about. Neither of these guys are on his level, so you may have to come to grips with that. Tyrant is closer in power to a minor Abstract like Galactus, than he is to small guys like Darkseid, and Bor.

I'm done with this, as I have on panel evidence that backs up my entire claim. You have opinion.

WhiteWitchKing

As shown on panel.

Nice try though.

Lol, Thanos took his orb despite Tyrant's claim of killing him. Then went about enjoying the fruits of his labor and that last scene has him claiming he believes Tyrant was humbled by him. Tyrant ran off to his chamber to stroke his pussy ego after failing to take back his orb.

Tyrant: Gimme back my orb or I'll kill you.
Thanos: Kill me? Perhaps. Bye lol.
Tyrant: ****!!
*walks off to his chamber*
Tyrant: Well at least I have this bigger orb than he does. :/

quanchi112
There...fixed it for you since I am sure you meant to add context to your statement...

Happy Dance Being insane actually makes it more impressive. I agree.

TheLordofMurder
Being insane actually makes it more impressive. I agree.

Insanity would be impressive if it were causing her to amp up and unleash more power, but it had the opposite effect here; she sabotaged herself to the point to were she was actually less than a High Trans...

Thanos caught her at just to right moment..didnt he?

quanchi112
Insanity would be impressive if it were causing her to amp up and unleash more power, but it had the opposite effect here; she sabotaged herself to the point to were she was actually less than a High Trans...

Thanos caught her at just to right moment..didnt he? You are lying. She still had infinite power and despite her raging at Lord Thanos he easily dominated her pre upgrade. Thanos is on another level. Maker is more powerful than Odin as well.

Tyrant wins. On another level.

iceman24567
Team wins

dmills

... Maybe if you threw in Despero (at his best), and The Sphinx they might take Tyrant down. Maybe.

Sorry for the necro bump Stoic, but I was compelled because this is madness right here lol. They would gang rape the "depowered" Tyrant.

h1a8
laughing out loud

Tyrant wins. thor with some of the odinpower killed Bor while Tyrant was beating Galactus. Not even close.

LOL Tyrant was beating Galactus only because he was draining him through a plot device. In a straight fight Tyrant would have got owned easily. Context is your friend.

We have Jack affecting Tyrant, Gladiator matching power with Tyrant, Morg taking it to him, and Thanos affecting him with a punch.

So yes very close.

operator616
Originally posted by h1a8
LOL Tyrant was beating Galactus only because he was draining him through a plot device. In a straight fight Tyrant would have got owned easily. Context is your friend.

We have Jack affecting Tyrant, Gladiator matching power with Tyrant, Morg taking it to him, and Thanos affecting him with a punch.

So yes very close.

what plot device?

tyrant beat jack and morg more than once including others, simultaneously, gladiator as well, he even one-shotted gladiator.

zopzop
Originally posted by operator616
what plot device?

tyrant beat jack and morg more than once including others, simultaneously, gladiator as well, he even one-shotted gladiator.
Don't mind h1a8. He's.......special.

h1a8
what plot device?

Who Tyrant beat is irrelevant. I'm using Quan's logic against him. Why reply to me when my post is directed towards him to show him something.

I never meant what I said but rather im showing Quanchi that his form of debate is faulty. He constantly lowballs (he looks and memorizes low things for D.C. characters while not even discussing low things for the marvel character he is arguing for).

Lastly, Tyrant didn't one shot Gladiator. Look again. You will see Tyrant cheapshots Gladiator TWICE before Gladiator went down. Second, heralds have one-two shotted other heralds before. So it isn't a massive power difference between a herald leveler and a being who can one-two shot ko a herald leveler.

People argue that Tyrant was vastly more powerful than a high herald. He wasn't. Being vastly more powerful means you can one shot kill a high herald being.

There is no evidence to support Tyrant having that type of power output without draining Galactus.

TheGodKiller
Don't mind h1a8. He's.......special.
So are you.

leonidas
This says much, as Odin himself was unable to make Galactus back down. I guess it's just something else to thing about.

hey bro,

don't really wanna butt in but this comparison has been raised before and i'd meant to comment on it before this. anyway, i agree that tyrant forced g to back down--an impressive feat. there is a little difference though--in the tyrant case g wanted a herald back. in the odin case, he wanted something that would end his hunger FOREVER. g wasn't backing down from that at all. though, ultimately, we saw that he was put into a position where he had to. continue. smile

leonidas
Originally posted by dmills
Sorry for the necro bump Stoic, but I was compelled because this is madness right here lol. They would gang rape the "depowered" Tyrant.

laughing out loud

that would be an interesting combo....

Branlor Swift
hey bro,

don't really wanna butt in but this comparison has been raised before and i'd meant to comment on it before this. anyway, i agree that tyrant forced g to back down--an impressive feat. there is a little difference though--in the tyrant case g wanted a herald back. in the odin case, he wanted something that would end his hunger FOREVER. g wasn't backing down from that at all. though, ultimately, we saw that he was put into a position where he had to. continue. smile Galactus only wanted the seed because it would birth something that would seek to replace him. And since it got lost forever in the World Tree, there was no reason to continue.

Galactus wanted a Morg he could visibly see. Galactus wanted a seed so he could destroy it that got lost forever.

operator616
Who Tyrant beat is irrelevant. I'm using Quan's logic against him. Why reply to me when my post is directed towards him to show him something.

I never meant what I said but rather im showing Quanchi that his form of debate is faulty. He constantly lowballs (he looks and memorizes low things for D.C. characters while not even discussing low things for the marvel character he is arguing for).

Lastly, Tyrant didn't one shot Gladiator. Look again. You will see Tyrant cheapshots Gladiator TWICE before Gladiator went down. Second, heralds have one-two shotted other heralds before. So it isn't a massive power difference between a herald leveler and a being who can one-two shot ko a herald leveler.

People argue that Tyrant was vastly more powerful than a high herald. He wasn't. Being vastly more powerful means you can one shot kill a high herald being.

There is no evidence to support Tyrant having that type of power output without draining Galactus.

so you didn't mean what you said and you're still arguing? weird.

anyways, im referring to silver surfer v3 #79, it's pretty clear that gladiator gets one shotted:

http://i.imgur.com/koSpyKA.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/qVi1s7m.jpg

perhaps what you're referring to is #82 (i think)

considering he defeated half a dozen herald level beings id put him vastly above a high herald, that's also supported by the fact that galactus ate a planet just before confronting tyrant, proving that tyrant was in fact a threat to galactus.

leonidas
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Galactus only wanted the seed because it would birth something that would seek to replace him. And since it got lost forever in the World Tree, there was no reason to continue.

Galactus wanted a Morg he could visibly see. Galactus wanted a seed so he could destroy it that got lost forever.

yeah, i recall that now. at first i only remembered ss's explanation to thor. he still could have gone after the seed though. i see his motivation for wanting the seed>>>than wanting back a herald. i doubt you agree, but, that's how things work sometimes.

h1a8
so you didn't mean what you said and you're still arguing? weird.

anyways, im referring to silver surfer v3 #79, it's pretty clear that gladiator gets one shotted:

http://i.imgur.com/koSpyKA.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/qVi1s7m.jpg

perhaps what you're referring to is #82 (i think)

considering he defeated half a dozen herald level beings id put him vastly above a high herald, that's also supported by the fact that galactus ate a planet just before confronting tyrant, proving that tyrant was in fact a threat to galactus.

That was a cheapshot.
Yes I was referring to the scene where Tyrant and Gladiator were actually fighting.

No it doesn't. Defeating a half of dozen heralds don't make you more than 3x more powerful than each one.

If a being was 3x greater than others in almost everyway then he too would defeat countless others.

There is a vast different between one shot koing someone (non cheapshot) vs. one shot killing someone.

Lastly, I can tell you didn't read the fights correctly. Tyrant only was able to fight Galactus because he was leeching off him. That's like taking away your superior's strength (making him weaker) while at the same time making you stronger. Tyrant in no way is in the league of Galactus without having to leech him.

Branlor Swift
yeah, i recall that now. at first i only remembered ss's explanation to thor. he still could have gone after the seed though. i see his motivation for wanting the seed>>>than wanting back a herald. i doubt you agree, but, that's how things work sometimes. He would have had to scrap the Destroyer (easily), and then he would have had to look somewhere in the infinite World Tree for a seed that he believes would be the safest place for it.

operator616

No it doesn't. Defeating a half of dozen heralds don't make you more than 3x more powerful than each one.

If a being was 3x greater than others in almost everyway then he too would defeat countless others.

There is a vast different between one shot koing someone (non cheapshot) vs. one shot killing someone.

Lastly, I can tell you didn't read the fights correctly. Tyrant only was able to fight Galactus because he was leeching off him. That's like taking away your superior's strength (making him weaker) while at the same time making you stronger. Tyrant in no way is in the league of Galactus without having to leech him.

i never specified that it makes tyrant 3 times more powerful than a herald, not sure from where you're getting these numbers. It does however, indicate that he's vastly more above herald level.

regardless, his battle with galactus speaks for itself.

i have read the battle correctly, than you very much, but you seem to think that tyrant is nowhere near galactus when on panel evidence suggests otherwise:

http://i.imgur.com/K4lnJMW.jpg

now why would galactus need to consume a planet if tyrant, as you make him out to be, is slightly above herald?

Sundipped
People argue that Tyrant was vastly more powerful than a high herald. He wasn't.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/dean-what-gif.gif

zopzop
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/dean-what-gif.gif
It's like he can't even be bothered to read the at least the Respect Thread, since we know he didn't read the comics :
http://imageshack.us/a/img694/8215/silversurferv310510.th.jpg
Galactus : Find me a world for I will need all my strength vs such a foe.

http://imageshack.us/a/img560/5038/silversurferv3106p09.th.jpg
After feasting, Galactus says he needs to face Tyrant on Galactus' home turf, not Tyrants.

Stoic

Kevin Conner (Starbrand) smile

h1a8
It's like he can't even be bothered to read the at least the Respect Thread, since we know he didn't read the comics :
http://imageshack.us/a/img694/8215/silversurferv310510.th.jpg
Galactus : Find me a world for I will need all my strength vs such a foe.

http://imageshack.us/a/img560/5038/silversurferv3106p09.th.jpg
After feasting, Galactus says he needs to face Tyrant on Galactus' home turf, not Tyrants.

Tyrant having to feed off Galactus in order to match him doesn't make him vastly more powerful than a high herald. This is a plot device. Sure he is more powerful than a high herald but not vastly more. Unless I don't know what the word 'vastly' means.

Tyrant outside of feeding off Galactus is a piece of crap to Galactus. He can stomp the living hell out of Tyrant very easily if it wasn't for that.

zopzop
Kevin Conner (Starbrand) smile
Nope. Thor sent that scrub flying back. Tyrant didn't budge.
Tyrant having to feed off Galactus in order to match him doesn't make him vastly more powerful than a high herald. This is a plot device. Sure he is more powerful than a high herald but not vastly more. Unless I don't know what the word 'vastly' means.

Tyrant outside of feeding off Galactus is a piece of crap to Galactus. He can stomp the living hell out of Tyrant very easily if it wasn't for that.
Ok, back this claim up with on panel evidence. I'll wait.

dmills
laughing out loud

that would be an interesting combo....

LOL. It's true man. He was saying that a team consisting of Bor, Darkseid, Despero at his most powerful and the Sphinx might be able to beat depowered Tyrant. But even that's not guaranteed.

leonidas
Originally posted by dmills
LOL. It's true man. He was saying that a team consisting of Bor, Darkseid, Despero at his most powerful and the Sphinx might be able to beat depowered Tyrant. But even that's not guaranteed.

you hear some strange things in the kmc from time to time.....

operator616
i found further evidence that depowered tyrant is close to galactus:

http://i.imgur.com/NC1p1Y7.jpg

galactus says that a battle between them would bring destruction never seen before, and thus it would be in no one's favor to fight one another.

refutation at this point is simply foolish and pointless.

curryman
An obvious hyperbole seeing as pretty much all of creation had been nearly destroyed several times before that smile

zopzop
An obvious hyperbole seeing as pretty much all of creation had been nearly destroyed several times before that smile
What isn't hyperbole is Galactus backing down from his threat to attack Tyrant if Tyrant didn't hand over his herald.

This despite the fact that Galactus fed on a planet (at the end of the Herald Ordeal aka SS #76) and he took Tyrant by surprise.

curryman
What isn't hyperbole is Galactus backing down from his threat to attack Tyrant if Tyrant didn't hand over his herald.

This despite the fact that Galactus fed on a planet (at the end of the Herald Ordeal aka SS #76) and he took Tyrant by surprise.
Yes.

This is well known to all.

Thank you for stating it yet again.

operator616

you've kinda missed the point...........the statement wasn't meant to show that this is going to be the most destructive battle on the face of creation, after all, in cosmic power #6 the exact same thing was stated bin galactus' first battle with tyrant:

http://i.imgur.com/GNq4n29.jpg

point was, to show that the battle between galactus and tyrant would do great damage to the universe because of their immense power.

zopzop
you've kinda missed the point...........the statement wasn't meant to show that this is going to be the most destructive battle on the face of creation, after all, in cosmic power #6 the exact same thing was stated bin galactus' first battle with tyrant:

http://i.imgur.com/GNq4n29.jpg

point was, to show that the battle between galactus and tyrant would do great damage to the universe because of their immense power.
Yup. And keep in mind Marz was Starlin's protege. So him putting those words in Thanos' mouth, especially since this took place after the IG saga when Thanos wielded the IG and wrecked havoc on the universe meant he had something BIG planned for his Galactus/Tyrant showdown.

Too bad he stopped writing SS soon after and Lackey became the writer. That guy was phucking awful.

quanchi112
Tyrant wins.

h1a8
If we are using a well written DS then The OE erases Tyrant or omega sanctions him.

quanchi112
If we are using a well written DS then The OE erases Tyrant or omega sanctions him. Based on ?

h1a8
Based on ?

Based on the fact that it is able to do those things in comics.

quanchi112
Based on the fact that it is able to do those things in comics. No limits fallacy. Back your claim with examples.

h1a8
No limits fallacy. Back your claim with examples.

How is it no limits fallacy? That's like asking if DS can erase a tin can?
What power does Tyrant have to prevent being erased or transported?

quanchi112
How is it no limits fallacy? That's like asking if DS can erase a tin can?
What power does Tyrant have to prevent being erased or transported? He has shown the power to erase a tin can but not the power to erase Tyrant. Failed to erase Doomsday. If you can't give examples then I will have no choice but to use the c word.

h1a8
He has shown the power to erase a tin can but not the power to erase Tyrant. Failed to erase Doomsday. If you can't give examples then I will have no choice but to use the c word.

The OE =/= OB remember. That was your prime argument back in the day.

The Omega Sanction is also a different effect as well.

quanchi112
The OE =/= OB remember. That was your prime argument back in the day.

The Omega Sanction is also a different effect as well. You need examples to prove it twofold.

Prove it can take someone down of Tyrant's level.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>