Luke Skywalker (ROTJ) vs. Ki-Adi Mundi (ROTS)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Excalibur2776
Who would win in a battle to the death?
Setting: Open Field, Dantooine

Galan007
Mundi. Narrowly.

Pwned
Not that narrowly methinks. RotJ Luke isn't all that impressive.

NewGuy01
RotJ Luke is extremely impressive. He stomps this.

Vensai
I love how the last two posts are opposing views. Eh, Mundi should win due to exp at least. He did get a higher kill count than CW Anakin and did better against Grievous than Ti.

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by NewGuy01
RotJ Luke is extremely impressive. He stomps this.

Stomps this? I hope you're trolling.

Ki-Adi has forced Ventress into retreat and dueled on par with GG for (presumably hours) while exhausted.

Jedi Mom
After watching the video over and over again, I have the impression that Grievous stomped the Jedi in that battle. Perhaps I should watch it again.

Vensai
Originally posted by Jedi Mom
After watching the video over and over again, I have the impression that Grievous stomped the Jedi in that battle. Perhaps I should watch it again.

Maybe it wasn't for hours, but Mundi certainly did well against GG in a tired state.

ROTJ Vader
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
Stomps this? I hope you're trolling.

Ki-Adi has forced Ventress into retreat and dueled on par with GG for (presumably hours) while exhausted.

Luke defeated Vader and was considered a master lightsaber duelist according to the novel. Just because he had little training does not make him weak. I'd rank him quite a bit above Maul so he destroys Mundi obviously.

Jedi Mom
As of RotJ the best thing Luke's done is choking some of Jabba's guards. I'm not counting him beating Vader as Vader was holding back on him.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by ROTJ Vader
Luke defeated Vader and was considered a master lightsaber duelist according to the novel. Just because he had little training does not make him weak. I'd rank him quite a bit above Maul so he destroys Mundi obviously.

I agree 100% Percent big grin

Pwned
Uh, no. Maul was one of the highest trained Sith Apprentices in a thousand years, having mastered all 7 Forms and Teras Kasi. He could fight Jar'Kai and with a saber staff (duh) Maul was also a H2H expert. He could take Luke in seconds.

Tell me one thing that Luke has going for him. Master lightsaber duelist in a time where there were 3 of them (including himself) does not mean much, given that the other 2 were beyond Master.

Galan007
Originally posted by Vensai
Maybe it wasn't for hours, but Mundi certainly did well against GG in a tired state. By himself, Mundi didn't do well against Grievous at all. He only managed to parry 3-4 strikes from the good General before being disarmed. When he was teamed up with Shaak Ti, however, he/they did okay.

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by Galan007
By himself, Mundi didn't do well against Grievous at all. He only managed to parry 3-4 strikes from the good General before being disarmed. When he was teamed up with Shaak Ti, however, he/they did okay.

Considering Kenobi had to prepare a team of Arcs, get them into a LAAT, they then had to jump through hyperspace and get to Hypori, there is a gap between CW Chapter 20 and Chapter 21.

Galan007
^ True. I'd forgotten that it wasn't one contiguous battle scene, but rather, a battle that was split between two different episodes. So yeah, it was an extended battle between them(Mundi's thrashed clothing is indicative enough of that.) My bad.

ROTJ Vader
Originally posted by Pwned
Uh, no. Maul was one of the highest trained Sith Apprentices in a thousand years, having mastered all 7 Forms and Teras Kasi. He could fight Jar'Kai and with a saber staff (duh) Maul was also a H2H expert. He could take Luke in seconds.

Tell me one thing that Luke has going for him. Master lightsaber duelist in a time where there were 3 of them (including himself) does not mean much, given that the other 2 were beyond Master.

Luke has the most potential in the series of any character and defeated Vader. The fight was ligit and Lucas himself said this. And Vader is a far better swordsmen then Maul. Maul couldint even defeat a padawan.

Pwned
Ehh, not so sure about that. They actually did fight (or rather, a clone or some shit of Maul. It had all of his skills)'
Maul absolutely wrecked Vader. Vader ended up stabbing himself (and through to Maul) in order to win.

The exact dialogue (I think) was,
Maul- "What could you possibly hate enough to defeat me?"
Vader- "Myself"
Maul was winning, Vader was pretty much no match for him.

Give me the quote and source the quote is from (I.E., website)

Jedi Mom
^true, but we don't know if that is a clone, a hologram, a imagination or whatever, so we really don't know its power.

Vensai
Originally posted by Jedi Mom
^true, but we don't know if that is a clone, a hologram, a imagination or whatever, so we really don't know its power.

At the time, he would be approximately TPM Maul since he wasn't revived by GL yet. He could have been weaker though since he was a copy.

NewGuy01
Yes, I got a bit ahead of myself back there. But I stand ground that Luke still wins this.

Pwned
Based on what feats? Vader not willing to kill his son? The Emperor trying to turn/torture him with lightning? Luke beating some pirates?

Mundi went hours against Grevious and survived.

NewGuy01
Uhuh, Mundi went hours against Grievous eh?

Even though that the longest duel seen in the era was 5-10 mins long? And the fact that Mundi was tooled and thrown out of the fight in seconds earlier in the battle while he had the aid of other masters.

I must say, I doubt Mundi went even close to that against Grievous. He certainly hasn't done anything that I can't see Luke doing...

Pwned
One episode in the old CW toon had Mundi fighting Grevious. Kenobi took the time to assemble ARCs, get onto a LAAT, and get to Hypori, where they were still fighting.

It was somewhere in another thread, though I do remember Mundi fighting Grevious in that series.

ROTJ Vader
Originally posted by Pwned
Ehh, not so sure about that. They actually did fight (or rather, a clone or some shit of Maul. It had all of his skills)'
Maul absolutely wrecked Vader. Vader ended up stabbing himself (and through to Maul) in order to win.

The exact dialogue (I think) was,
Maul- "What could you possibly hate enough to defeat me?"
Vader- "Myself"
Maul was winning, Vader was pretty much no match for him.

Give me the quote and source the quote is from (I.E., website)

Vader didint use the force in that fight, and Vader was winning intill Maul switched to Jar Kar catching Vader of guard and in the end Vader did win meaning Vader > Maul in sabers. Also it was a infinity.

Pwned
Um, no it doesn't mean Vader is better than Maul if he had to stab himself in order to win. That implies complete desperation.

And I never said Maul was great with the Force, just that he was better than Vader with a saber.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.