Sapwn's Angela to Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Vicious
I found this very interesting. i wonder what McFarlane thinks of it.

"Neil Gaiman will return to Marvel Comics as part of its Age of Ultron event.

The celebrated Sandman writer will bring his Spawn creation Angela with him.

Marvel's chief creative officer Joe Quesada said that the move has "been in the works for quite some time".

"We were looking for a good entry point to tease our fans and to let them know she was going to be a major player," he told The New York Times.

Angela will then appear in Guardians of the Galaxy #5, which Gaiman will write with Brian Michael Bendis.

Gaiman won 50% ownership of the character after the conclusion of a long-running legal battle with Spawn creator Todd McFarlane in 2012.

He will also return to The Sandman this year with a JH Williams III-illustrated prequel miniseries for DC Comics' Vertigo imprint."

http://www.digitalspy.com/comics/news/a467445/neil-gaiman-returns-to-marvel-comics-in-age-of-ultron.html

Bentley
I bet McFarlane is proud that Marvel even wants such a character stick out tongue

the ninjak
This is horrible. Why accept such a character?

Was the mispelling a mockery?

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by the ninjak

Was the mispelling a mockery?

Typo embarrasment

Q99
Originally posted by Darth Vicious

Gaiman won 50% ownership of the character after the conclusion of a long-running legal battle with Spawn creator Todd McFarlane in 2012.

And then they made a deal where he'd get 100% in exchange for letting McFarlane have 100% of medieval Spawn.

You can count on her getting a background rework, of course.

Darth Vicious
McF reactions:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/todd-mcfarlane-angela-marvel.html

Bentley
lol at McFarland trying to sound mature talking about the industry... You just got BURNED McFarland mwhahaahaha!

There, we can move on.

roughrider
McFarlane has long been a bit of a douche, and full of himself (kind of like that other McFarlane, Seth.) Nice guy writer Neil Gaiman wins one over him and gets to take Angela wherever he wants, puts a smile on my face.

curryman
""The health of the industry is based upon having good stories and good characters, and a wide customer base," McFarlane said to Newsarama. "If bringing some of these characters back to the fold in a meaningful way adds to that, then it just strengthens our industry.""

Good stories and good characters.

Okay.

So how's Angela related to any of that?

SevenShackles
Originally posted by curryman
""The health of the industry is based upon having good stories and good characters, and a wide customer base," McFarlane said to Newsarama. "If bringing some of these characters back to the fold in a meaningful way adds to that, then it just strengthens our industry.""

Good stories and good characters.

Okay.

So how's Angela related to any of that?
Boobs.

I interested in seeing how they integrate an angel character into the marvel universe. Guardians of the galaxy seems a bit odd for an entry point but still it can turn into something fun. I liked DC's Zuriel And hope this turns out better than that.. With boobs.

Bentley
Angela will be Marvel's answer to Wonder Woman!

biscuits

JakeTheBank
Neil Gaiman...writing with...Bendis.

wat

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

wat

Cosmic Luke Cage in 3... 2...

SevenShackles
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
Cosmic Luke Cage in 3... 2...

With that all I could think of is "Luke Cage herald of Galacta!"

Endless Mike
I hope Gorr the God Butcher kills her.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

wat
I just thought of a reality in which Sandman was written by Bendis.

That was horrible.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.