Thor's vs Doomsday's

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Thor's vs Doomsday's

1 Classic Thor vs DOS Doomsday
2 Warrior Madness Thor vs HP Doomsday
3 OF Thor vs Doomsday War

Thor is willingly to kill and is no longer holding back. If Doomsday is killed he stay dead, who will win the vast majority in each battle?

carver9
Thor in all of them.

juggerman
Originally posted by carver9
Thor in all of them.

You think Thor wins in 2? That's the only one i see DD winning and it's not even close

carver9
Originally posted by juggerman
You think Thor wins in 2? That's the only one i see DD winning and it's not even close

Yes, don't think Doomsday was beyond physical pain and that is what this version of Thor would bring to the table.

juggerman
Yes, don't think Doomsday was beyond physical pain and that is what this version of Thor would bring to the table.

Meh HP was adapting on the spot. He'd overwhelm Thor pretty quickly imo. Thor takes 1 and 3 solidly tho

curryman
He takes 1 and 3.

He loses in 2 unless he has the power gem, in which case he wins.

juggerman
Originally posted by curryman
He takes 1 and 3.

He loses in 2 unless he has the power gem, in which case he wins.

Didn't think about the PG so i agree with this thumb up

Flyattractor
If you have to give Thor the PG then its not really Thor that wins it. Its the gem.

And HP DD took a blast that took out half a planet. He could take OF Thor.

...if he has the power gem.

the Darkone
Guys warrior madness Thor is different from B&T Thor, warrior madness Thor strength and durability increase by 10

Flyattractor
So he gets the Kiyadoken as well as the kamehameya?

leonidas
thor loses 1 and 2 every time imo (but i do enjoy watching people lowball dos doomsday). we never saw enough to know the full limits of dd wars dd, but odin level was likely beyond him.

quanchi112
Thor in all 3.

D-Block
Originally posted by the Darkone
Thor's vs Doomsday's

Thor is willingly to kill and is no longer holding back. If Doomsday is killed he stay dead, who will win the vast majority in each battle?

Thor in 1&3

quanchi112
Originally posted by D-Block
Thor in 1&3 Why not in 2 ?

celeyhyga17
With the stipulations Thor a slight edge in 1, good fight in 2, and wins in 3. Thor in all 3.

For fight 2, no one has ever really seen an actual WM Thor. If B&T Thor is any indication, an actual WM Thor would be ridiculous. Willing to kill Thor and not holding back, he would prolly attempt a godblast in all 3 scenarios.

D-Block
Originally posted by quanchi112
Why not in 2 ? not 100% about 2 either way

TheGodKiller
Doomsday, Doomsday and Doomsday.

Naija boy
Thor in all three. If 2 is actual warrior madness Thor with the 10x amp then no way in hell does HP win 2.

mighty adam
.....im not even going to throw insults DD wins all

pym-ftw
Doomsday
Thor
Thor solidly

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by mighty adam
.....im not even going to throw insults DD wins all
Lol..
Go ahead throw some. We all big boys up in here...

Rao Kal El
1 and 2 DD kills the god, unles BFR is an option

3 his power was not explianed in full but I'll go for Thor.

Damborgson
DOS doomsday isn't weak by any standard, but neither is Thor.

and he also has this:
Thor is willingly to kill and is no longer holding back.

Meaning he'll be hitting harder, blasting harder, etc, etc. He'll beat DOS doomsday. Not to mention BFR is on.

Tony Stark
THOR in all 3

Golgo13
Doomsday in one and two.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Damborgson
DOS doomsday isn't weak by any standard, but neither is Thor.

and he also has this:

Meaning he'll be hitting harder, blasting harder, etc, etc. He'll beat DOS doomsday. Not to mention BFR is on.
Actually that logic dosen;t really hold all that much water in a real fight scenario.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Actually that logic dosen;t really hold all that much water in a real fight scenario.

ok? Would you like a special description of why Thor wins? It was just a brief input on my part, not a detailed battle strategy.

the Darkone
Thor's vs Doomsday's

Thor is willingly to kill and is no longer holding back, this battle takes places on deserted planet. If Doomsday is killed he stay dead, who will win the vast majority in each battle?

Flyattractor
ok? Would you like a special description of why Thor wins? It was just a brief input on my part, not a detailed battle strategy.
No I meant that when you are in a fight like that You are already going to be hitting someone as HARD as you can. To presume otherwize is foolish. DD is tough enough to take Pretty Boys blows and smile them off.

And yes. Give your "description of why Thor wins".

I could use the laugh.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Flyattractor
No I meant that when you are in a fight like that You are already going to be hitting someone as HARD as you can. To presume otherwize is foolish. DD is tough enough to take Pretty Boys blows and smile them off.

And yes. Give your "description of why Thor wins".

I could use the laugh.

No you aren't. erm Wtf is wrong with you? If Thor during his fights would always hit someone with the intention to kill, he wouldn't be very heroic would he? In this case, he's hitting a lot harder, which is something comic books heroes do, ramp up their attacks.

Lightning strikes, hammer throws, damage soak to keep going if Doomsday starts really hammering him, etc.

quanchi112
Originally posted by mighty adam
.....im not even going to throw insults DD wins all Based on ?

abhilegend
Doomsday wins in all. LOL @warrior madness thor winning against H/P doomsday based upon a statement. The actual warrior madness thor was getting manhandled by merged hulk.

Damborgson
Originally posted by abhilegend
Doomsday wins in all. LOL @warrior madness thor winning against H/P doomsday based upon a statement. The actual warrior madness thor was getting manhandled by merged hulk.

Not warrior madness Thor. Warrior Madness has no cure. Not even Odin can cure it. Thor was just bloodlusted.

quanchi112
Doomsday wins in all. LOL @warrior madness thor winning against H/P doomsday based upon a statement. The actual warrior madness thor was getting manhandled by merged hulk. The fight was pretty even and you say he was getting manhandled. I don't think you read half the comics you post about. Plus iirc the ten times amp was stated after their fight so this didn't pertain to this fight.

celeyhyga17
That wasn't real warrior madness. I think he was heading to warrior madness, but got stopped short with Hulk's pseudo bfr. Hulk's strongest punch barely even registered as an inconvenience. Read the fight again. How can u say manhandled when it was more a stalemate?

quanchi112
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
That wasn't real warrior madness. I think he was heading to warrior madness, but got stopped short with Hulk's pseudo bfr. Hulk's strongest punch barely even registered as an inconvenience. thumb up

celeyhyga17
Btw it's Thursday. It's Thor's day! Bow your heads!!! Unworthy sons of bitches!
http://blog.screenweek.it/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Thor.jpg

abhilegend
That wasn't real warrior madness. I think he was heading to warrior madness, but got stopped short with Hulk's pseudo bfr. Hulk's strongest punch barely even registered as an inconvenience. Read the fight again. How can u say manhandled when it was more a stalemate?
He was in the warrior madness at the end when hulk kept him down with one hand. A statement doesn't changes the actual showing. LOL @pseudo-warrior madness. Thor explicitly stated that he was going to enter warrior madness to battle hulk.

quanchi112
He was in the warrior madness at the end when hulk kept him down with one hand. A statement doesn't changes the actual showing. LOL @pseudo-warrior madness. Thor explicitly stated that he was going to enter warrior madness to battle hulk. You also claimed he manhandled him when they were going *** for tat. You can try to twist everything around but people have read it. Expect to be called on it.

Damborgson
Lol @ trying to lol your way out of that. Thor can't pop in and out of WM. laughing out loud that's ridiculous. He tried going into the state before and failed. The only time it was thought genuine, odin said he'd have to kill thor to free him. So, yeah.

quanchi112
Lol @ trying to lol your way out of that. Thor can't pop in and out of WM. laughing out loud that's ridiculous. He tried going into the state before and failed. The only time it was thought genuine, odin said he'd have to kill thor to free him. So, yeah. laughing out loud

celeyhyga17
He was in the warrior madness at the end when hulk kept him down with one hand. A statement doesn't changes the actual showing. LOL @pseudo-warrior madness. Thor explicitly stated that he was going to enter warrior madness to battle hulk.
U don't make sense.

abhilegend
Lol @ trying to lol your way out of that. Thor can't pop in and out of WM. laughing out loud that's ridiculous. He tried going into the state before and failed. The only time it was thought genuine, odin said he'd have to kill thor to free him. So, yeah.
If that's not the warrior madness then Thor has never gone into warrior madness and the second scenario is null and void.

quanchi112
If that's not the warrior madness then Thor has never gone into warrior madness and the second scenario is null and void. In the spirit ofo the thread he's ten times his normal strength levels. If you don't like it don't post in the thread.

abhilegend
U don't make sense.
You never did.

quanchi112
U don't make sense. I agree.

Rage.Of.Olympus

1 - Warrior Madness increasing his strength ten fold was not introduced until after that fight.

2 - Manhandled? We saw one panel of Hulk having the upper-hand, in previous flash backs we saw Thor feeding Hulk his teeth. The entire sequence of events showed each one having the advantage at one point or another, indicating their peer-ship. The fight was literally back to back, either one of them having the advantage, or them stalemating in strength/blows. The narration even goes on to say that Thor shrugs off Hulk's follow up massive uppercut. Clearly he's much weaker. Such faggotry. This is why people question your word.

Also, during that time, Hulk had brain damage or some shit, allowing him to get without any limitations. IIRC Samson said he'd never seen Hulk that mad, that was basically a Mindless Gravage Hulk.

Rao Kal El
I read the issue and there was no clear winner on the fight, but IMO Hulk had the advantage.

Hulk was rational while Thor wasn't.

But that is up to the reader, I guess.

Rage.Of.Olympus
That was Gravage Hulk so he the rare ability to control himself to an extent unlike Savage true. Thor however was completely out of it.

My problem is Abhil pretending Thor is weak or something because we saw Hulk pressing down on him for one scene. It's dishonest faggotry as the formula for the sequence was to show each of them have an advantage at different points.

Here's the scene for everyone to judge:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsHulk40.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsHulk41.jpg

I guess you could argue that Hulk was stronger there in the end but then Thor doesn't even feel Hulk's blow and in the previous flashback we see him having the advantage over Hulk. But that's just my opinion.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
1 - Warrior Madness increasing his strength ten fold was not introduced until after that fight.

2 - Manhandled? We saw one panel of Hulk having the upper-hand, in previous flash backs we saw Thor feeding Hulk his teeth. The entire sequence of events showed each one having the advantage at one point or another, indicating their peer-ship. The fight was literally back to back, either one of them having the advantage, or them stalemating in strength/blows. The narration even goes on to say that Thor shrugs off Hulk's follow up massive uppercut. Clearly he's much weaker. Such faggotry. This is why people question your word.

Also, during that time, Hulk had brain damage or some shit, allowing him to get without any limitations. IIRC Samson said he'd never seen Hulk that mad, that was basically a Mindless Gravage Hulk.
Yeah, I recalled that in-correctly. My bad.

Thor had the upper hand? Where? Also I was talking about the same panel where Hulk was manhandling Thor with one hand.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Fights%20T-Z/HulkvsThor48.jpg

I never said he was manhandling him throughout the fight. Also Thor not feeling hulk's blow was due to the madness he was feeling. Also Thor was explicitly in the warrior madness there, a statement doesn't changes the actual showing of warrior madness. Also the fact that he was in danger of getting killed by a nuke is lulzworthy.

Funnily enough, "savage banner" limitation was still intact.

Starscream M
Thor's vs Doomsday's

1. DOS Doomsday 5.5/10
2. HP Doomsday 10/10
3. Not sure...not familiar with Doomsday War

Rage.Of.Olympus

Thor had the upper hand? Where? Also I was talking about the same panel where Hulk was manhandling Thor with one hand.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Fights%20T-Z/HulkvsThor48.jpg

I never said he was manhandling him throughout the fight. Also Thor not feeling hulk's blow was due to the madness he was feeling. Also Thor was explicitly in the warrior madness there, a statement doesn't changes the actual showing of warrior madness. Also the fact that he was in danger of getting killed by a nuke is lulzworthy.

Okay.

When he struck Hulk with lightning or in the previous scene where he's feeding Hulk his teeth on the screen?

That's my point, Hulk pushed down on Thor for one panel. Your phrasing mocked Thor's strength, as if that was definitive proof of he's inferiority. Hulk had the advantage, previously Thor did, is the sequence really that confusing?

It was revealed that Warrior Madness could increase Thor's power ten fold, before that it was just an enraged Thor, I don't understand what the problem is.

PAD had a high opinion of Nuclear Weapons? How is that relevant? Some writers think Nuclear Weapons can kill Top Tiers, others think they can shrug off exploding Stars, I'm not sure how that changes anything.

Really? I'll have to go re-read the arc because I specifically remember it not being for that sequence.

celeyhyga17

The fuk...?

Rao Kal El
For what I understand that was Young Maestro and apparently the way I saw this Young Maestro Hulk is that He was actually enjoying some extra juice in his power.

That is why I did not have any problems with the overall fight as I saw it it was a warrior madness (or pseudo WM) Thor vs and amped Hulk.

So I thought the showing was good for both. But I do remember seeing Hulk taxing Thor a little bit more than what Thor was taxing the Hulk.

abhilegend
Okay.

When he struck Hulk with lightning or in the previous scene where he's feeding Hulk his teeth on the screen?

That's my point, Hulk pushed down on Thor for one panel. Your phrasing mocked Thor's strength, as if that was definitive proof of he's inferiority. Hulk had the advantage, previously Thor did, is the sequence really that confusing?

It was revealed that Warrior Madness could increase Thor's power ten fold, before that it was just an enraged Thor, I don't understand what the problem is.

PAD had a high opinion of Nuclear Weapons? How is that relevant? Some writers think Nuclear Weapons can kill Top Tiers, others think they can shrug off exploding Stars, I'm not sure how that changes anything.

Really? I'll have to go re-read the arc because I specifically remember it not being for that sequence.
Hulk was temporarily forced to his knees by the lightning and recovered instantly which has nothing to do with strength and where did he feed hulk his teeth literally or figuratively?

It is. That was shown to indicate hulk's superior strength to thor that he can push thor to the ground with a single hand and thor couldn't free himself untill hulk was distracted.

Thor said that the warrior madness could increase his strength tenfold and he couldn't enter the warrior madness even after trying. Both of these contradict the actual showings of warrior madness. Thor entered warrior madness just a few months ago in IH 440 and his strength didn't increase tenfold evidently. Showings>>>>Statements without anything to back them up.

PAD had high opinion for nukes? Really? I remember hulk surviving a nuke without any problem. He also had supergirl survive one IIRC.

I remember it only dulled his intelligence. No mention of the limitation being lifted up was shown in the comic.

abhilegend
The fuk...?
If you don't have anything to add in the conversation other than antagonize me, shut up.

quanchi112
The fuk...? laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
I read the issue and there was no clear winner on the fight, but IMO Hulk had the advantage.

Hulk was rational while Thor wasn't.

But that is up to the reader, I guess. Neither of them had the advantage. It was a dead even stalemate.

DTM
Doomsday
Doomsday
Thor

curryman

I'm laughing so hard I feel like my sides are going to explode laughing

Bro, read the comic. Get out of the respect threads.

carver9

Lol...its always good to laugh.

What is it that he is missing? Point out the context that he is missing in this fight. Here ya go, hater, my bad, I mean, buddy.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%2012/1.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%2012/2.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%2012/3.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%2012/4.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%2012/5.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%2012/6.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%2012/7.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%2012/8.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%2012/9.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%2012/10.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%2012/11.jpg

abhilegend

The joke's on you then. I never post something before reading the comic. You think I haven't read the comic? GTFO.

curryman
The joke's on you then. I never post something before reading the comic. You think I haven't read the comic? GTFO.

Then why are you guys arguing about limitless hulk and banner restraints?

Also, why are you getting so crazy about an atomic bomb. According to the terribad writers of the Hulk comic, that was a really big deal. Thor unleashing less electricity than Electro normally has also completely WOW'ed them.

TheHulk
Thor in all of them. thumb down

abhilegend
Then why are you guys arguing about limitless hulk and banner restraints?

Also, why are you getting so crazy about an atomic bomb. According to the terribad writers of the Hulk comic, that was a really big deal. Thor unleashing less electricity than Electro normally has also completely WOW'ed them.
Because that's just what was in the comic.

PAD is a bad writer because he considered nukes a threat to thor and hulk? Way to go buddy.

curryman
Because that's just what was in the comic.

PAD is a bad writer because he considered nukes a threat to thor and hulk? Way to go buddy.

Yeah way to go.

It's not like Thor's stood right up after being hit by a nuke before....

abhilegend
Yeah way to go.

It's not like Thor's stood right up after being hit by a nuke before....
Its not like he's never went down to lesser force than a nuke either.

curryman
Its not like he's never went down to lesser force than a nuke either.

Killing him?

And you'll find that to be the exception rather than the rule.

abhilegend
Killing him?

And you'll find that to be the exception rather than the rule.
Yep, killing him. He was afraid he would die from falling off a building at one point.

Chalk it up to one of those instances. Lighten up, PAD had Maestro atomized by gamma bomb and he was more than twice as strong as merged hulk. Power levels aren't the indicator of how some should enjoy comic books. Even hulk fans enjoy PAD's stuff far more than Pak's shitty run outside of Planet Hulk.

Delta1938
You also claimed he manhandled him when they were going *** for tat.

(snickers) Censors don't take context into account.

Also, I don't think anybody mentioned this, but this being DOOMSDAY WARS Doomsday can very well be when Brainiac was in control, so above Top-Tier strength plus Brainiac's psionic powers, intellect and tech in #3.

leonidas
hmm, as i reread #3 was that version intended to be the 'ultimate' dd from the GOG wars.....?

curryman
Yep, killing him. He was afraid he would die from falling off a building at one point.

Chalk it up to one of those instances. Lighten up, PAD had Maestro atomized by gamma bomb and he was more than twice as strong as merged hulk. Power levels aren't the indicator of how some should enjoy comic books. Even hulk fans enjoy PAD's stuff far more than Pak's shitty run outside of Planet Hulk.

Thank you for providing the details on possibly the second most known Hulk story out there.

Shouldn't concern yourself too much with what Thor thought might hurt him in the 80s.

I asked you if something less than an atomic bomb had killed him.

Batman-Prime
1 Classic Thor vs DOS Doomsday, DD 6/10
2 Warrior Madness Thor vs HP Doomsday DD 10/10
3 OF Thor vs Doomsday War Thor 6/10

Diesldude
Doomsday in all 3.

abhilegend
Thank you for providing the details on possibly the second most known Hulk story out there.

Shouldn't concern yourself too much with what Thor thought might hurt him in the 80s.

I asked you if something less than an atomic bomb had killed him.
It was my pleasure.

Yeah, its not like those are in-continuity or something.

Is that a serious question?

Shabazz916
DOOMSDAY he has super man speed thor aint hitn him

h1a8
Thor's vs Doomsday's

1. DD
2. DD
3. Remind me again about DD wars? is that Gog wars?

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by h1a8
1. DD
2. DD
3. Remind me again about DD wars? is that Gog wars?
DD wars is Brainiac DD...

quanchi112
Originally posted by Delta1938

Also, I don't think anybody mentioned this, but this being DOOMSDAY WARS Doomsday can very well be when Brainiac was in control, so above Top-Tier strength plus Brainiac's psionic powers, intellect and tech in #3. No, if it were brainiac DD the threadstarter would say that. Doomsday wars ended up just plain old DD at the end.

DTM
Was true, but Doomsday Wars was mostly a Brainiac controlled Doomsday, only at the end was he regular DD (which was basically HP DD). So chances are DW DD does mean Brainiac/Doomsday (the one that took down a Top Level JLA team), though of course the OP would have to confirm that here.

-Pr-
Originally posted by DTM
Was true, but Doomsday Wars was mostly a Brainiac controlled Doomsday, only at the end was he regular DD (which was basically HP DD). So chances are DW DD does mean Brainiac/Doomsday (the one that took down a Top Level JLA team), though of course the OP would have to confirm that here.

Would have to be brainiac/doomsday, yeah.

quanchi112
Originally posted by DTM
Was true, but Doomsday Wars was mostly a Brainiac controlled Doomsday, only at the end was he regular DD (which was basically HP DD). So chances are DW DD does mean Brainiac/Doomsday (the one that took down a Top Level JLA team), though of course the OP would have to confirm that here. I will need the threadstarter to confirm this.

DTM
Agreed.

-Pr-
For now you can assume that it's the Brainiac/Doomsday hybrid, seeing as without Brainiac, he's just H/P.

zeel
thor in all 3 Wm thor is 10 fold stronger I don't see doomsday adapting to that and if he does its shit writing.

This immunity to magic and adapting to everything in comics is gayness.

h1a8
Originally posted by zeel
thor in all 3 Wm thor is 10 fold stronger I don't see doomsday adapting to that and if he does its shit writing.

This immunity to magic and adapting to everything in comics is gayness. HP DD was already a lot stronger than Superman who is a lot stronger than Thor (going by feats). Strength isn't everything as speed plays a bigger role. Even with 10 times Superman's strength (not Thor's) then there would be no one shotting HP DD. HP will evolve greater resistance as the fight goes on. Winning quickly is the only option (and Thor doesn't have the speed or durability to do so).

the Darkone
Yes, it's DD war version with brainiac intelligence

the Darkone
Thor's vs Doomsday's

3 OF Thor w/ odinfirce gear belt, shield guanlets vs Doomsday War w/ brainiac

h1a8
Brainic uses DD's abilities more intelligently.

I say DD in all 3

the Darkone
Thor's vs Doomsday's

3 OF Thor w/ odinforce gear - belt of strength, shield & gantlets vs Doomsday War w/ brainiac intelligence

quanchi112
Yes, it's DD war version with brainiac intelligence Thor in all three but it's closer.

Rao Kal El
Lol I knew that it wont matter to you in the end, OP could have said DD with ALE and you still pick the marvel character any given day.

Delta1938
Thor in all three but it's closer.

So Quanny, going to admit that you were wrong and I was right?

quanchi112
Lol I knew that it wont matter to you in the end, OP could have said DD with ALE and you still pick the marvel character any given day. At ten times his normal strength he's simply too much since Thor has the power already in him to best a weakened Galactus. I go by logic not which company. You are clearly supporting the Hulk over Superman these days given your latest sig.

quanchi112
So Quanny, going to admit that you were wrong and I was right? What was I wrong about ?

Delta1938
What was I wrong about ?

Also, I don't think anybody mentioned this, but this being DOOMSDAY WARS Doomsday can very well be when Brainiac was in control, so above Top-Tier strength plus Brainiac's psionic powers, intellect and tech in #3.

No, if it were brainiac DD the threadstarter would say that. Doomsday wars ended up just plain old DD at the end.

Yes, it's DD war version with brainiac intelligence

So Quanny, going to concede to you being wrong and I was right?

quanchi112
So Quanny, going to concede to you being wrong and I was right? I wasn't wrong about anything. The threadstarter wasn't specific enough.

Delta1938
I wasn't wrong about anything. The threadstarter wasn't specific enough.

So Quan-She. You throw a hissy fit like a spoiled little princess not getting her way that Rao "lied" to you, then have the nerve to truly lie here?

-Pr-
The threadstarter shouldn't need to be any more specific than they were already. The thing that differentiates Wars Doomsday from H/P is Brainiac and nothing else. No excuses. Anyone that has read the arc would know this.

Leobama
Btw it's Thursday. It's Thor's day! Bow your heads!!! Unworthy sons of bitches!
http://blog.screenweek.it/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Thor.jpg sry 2 get off of subject. but what comic is this pic from? im thinking that it was from one of the hulk comics where thor fought the red hulk during his "unbeatable" run where he was practically beating EVERYONE

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by Leobama
sry 2 get off of subject. but what comic is this pic from? im thinking that it was from one of the hulk comics where thor fought the red hulk during his "unbeatable" run where he was practically beating EVERYONE

IIRC it's a cover, one of the first couple issues from the JMS run.

Leobama
oh ok, thanks for setting me straight. i like the pic though

quanchi112
So Quan-She. You throw a hissy fit like a spoiled little princess not getting her way that Rao "lied" to you, then have the nerve to truly lie here? I didn't lie here as DD was himself at the end of the arc. Brainiac DD to me is all that is needed. DD wars is DD at the end of the arc. Some people might disagree but I am not wrong. Not at all.

Delta1938
I didn't lie here as DD was himself at the end of the arc. Brainiac DD to me is all that is needed. DD wars is DD at the end of the arc. Some people might disagree but I am not wrong. Not at all.

You're right, Quanny. You were never wrong.

Not related in the least, Jon Fitch, Thiago Alves, Dan Hardy, B.J. Penn, Josh Koscheck, Jake Shields and Nick Diaz all beat Georges St-Pierre. Oh wait.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_St-Pierre#Mixed_martial_arts_record

Rao Kal El
At ten times his normal strength he's simply too much since Thor has the power already in him to best a weakened Galactus. I go by logic not which company. You are clearly supporting the Hulk over Superman these days given your latest sig.

No, really Quani, you don't go by logic, well not a fair logic, that is.

This is the logic I have seen you use.

High end feats for your favorite character, Low balling for the one you are going against.

Try balancing it out, by either low balling BOTH or High end for both.

Just an advice, I know We all do or are tempted to do the low ball vs High end.

Or at least compare writers points of view that helps too.

Silent Master

High end feats for your favorite character, Low balling for the one you are going against.

Or at least compare writers points of view that helps too.

His charcaters would lose if he did that, so it'll never happen.

quanchi112
You're right, Quanny. You were never wrong.

Not related in the least, Jon Fitch, Thiago Alves, Dan Hardy, B.J. Penn, Josh Koscheck, Jake Shields and Nick Diaz all beat Georges St-Pierre. Oh wait.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_St-Pierre#Mixed_martial_arts_record I explained my perception which makes sense. Like I said I was not wrong.

quanchi112

Or at least compare writers points of view that helps too. I always go high against high or average against average. I won't just conveniently not bring up losses by a character.

Rao Kal El
Ok i guess, i disagree but ok.

Delta1938
I explained my perception which makes sense. Like I said I was not wrong.

The problem is your explanation shows a lack of reading comprehension, as it's been pointed-out that anybody who actually read DOOMSDAY WARS wouldn't make the argument you did. So, you're either lying, or incompetent. Which is it?

quanchi112
The problem is your explanation shows a lack of reading comprehension, as it's been pointed-out that anybody who actually read DOOMSDAY WARS wouldn't make the argument you did. So, you're either lying, or incompetent. Which is it? There were two Doomsdays in that arc. At the end of the arc it was normal DD. If someone says DD wars I assume it's that Doomsday. If someone says with Brainiac in control I assume the former. I am right and you can't stand it.

-Pr-
Guys, drop it and move on. Quan wants to try to save face, let him.

Move on.

Diesldude
I always go high against high or average against average. I won't just conveniently not bring up losses by a character.

Quan, you know that's a lie.

Why don't you ever bring up SBP surviving a universe buster, flying through AM's anti matter wave and busting his armor. Or withstanding multiple high end DC teams, flying through 300 miles thick wall of will powered by thousands of green lanterns and not even slowing down.

Heat vision burning superman like a hot knife through butter. Beating up on Monarch who was above sky father level or subduing Mxy, or beating up on a daxamite empowered by the ion entity.

You ignore all this and many more, but bring up his fight with Conner and make it sound like they were peers and totally ignore the fact that Conner died. You constantly bring up the pis filled teen titans issue where they were ending a series because of flashpoint to lowball sbp also.

Delta1938
Originally posted by -Pr-
Guys, drop it and move on. Quan wants to try to save face, let him.

Move on.

mad

http://2.fimagenes.com/i/1/8/fc/am_72157_4956385_517953.jpg

quanchi112
Originally posted by Diesldude
Quan, you know that's a lie.

Why don't you ever bring up SBP surviving a universe buster, flying through AM's anti matter wave and busting his armor. Or withstanding multiple high end DC teams, flying through 300 miles thick wall of will powered by thousands of green lanterns and not even slowing down.

Heat vision burning superman like a hot knife through butter. Beating up on Monarch who was above sky father level or subduing Mxy, or beating up on a daxamite empowered by the ion entity.

You ignore all this and many more, but bring up his fight with Conner and make it sound like they were peers and totally ignore the fact that Conner died. You constantly bring up the pis filled teen titans issue where they were ending a series because of flashpoint to lowball sbp also. I don't think he survived the blast for one. It teleported him away. Am wasn't even at full power and just received a lethal blow so he was vastly weakened. Prime usually runs from hih end teams. The flash's beat him. In infinite crisis he is flying away from the green lanterns and the heroes. He does beat up random gl's 'but so has DD pre dos.

I agree Prime is more powerful than Superman. No argument from me there. Monarch wasn't above skyfather. Mxy was restrained and beaten due to assistance from a mage. You just ignored the context. I will never do such a thing.

I don't believe in pis. It all counts and pis has always been an excuse to ignore what we don't agree with.

h1a8
I don't think he survived the blast for one. It teleported him away. Am wasn't even at full power and just received a lethal blow so he was vastly weakened. Prime usually runs from hih end teams. The flash's beat him. In infinite crisis he is flying away from the green lanterns and the heroes. He does beat up random gl's 'but so has DD pre dos.

I agree Prime is more powerful than Superman. No argument from me there. Monarch wasn't above skyfather. Mxy was restrained and beaten due to assistance from a mage. You just ignored the context. I will never do such a thing.

I don't believe in pis. It all counts and pis has always been an excuse to ignore what we don't agree with.

You have to abide by the rules though Quan. PIS is not allowed.

Again, you always use one character's low showings against your character's high showings. This isn't debating soundly, but rather conartistry. If you legitimately believe your character wins then don't resort to cheap tricks.

Philosophía
Abhil is owning so hard in this thread, that the only excuse the Thor side has is "the warrior madness increasing his strength ten fold was stated only after the fight!". haermm

The fact that it's a non-excuse, and a defense that even a toddler can punch through, is hilarious in itself.

curryman

quanchi112
This post made no sense. thumb up

quanchi112
You have to abide by the rules though Quan. PIS is not allowed.

Again, you always use one character's low showings against your character's high showings. This isn't debating soundly, but rather conartistry. If you legitimately believe your character wins then don't resort to cheap tricks. Pis isn't a fact it's an interpretation which is subjective and therefore flawed. I am consistent in how I debate whereas you are not.

h1a8
Pis isn't a fact it's an interpretation which is subjective and therefore flawed. I am consistent in how I debate whereas you are not.

Some PIS is an interpretation (borderline PIS) while some is blatantly obvious (a fact). For example, Spider-man vs. Firelord is FACT PIS, Superman lifting infinity is FACT PIS, Thor surviving Celestial blasts is FACT PIS, Squirrel girl beating Thanos is FACT PIS, Thor being mortally wounded by bullets is FACT PIS, Surfer being armbarred by Black Panther is FACT PIS, etc.

curryman
Some PIS is an interpretation (borderline PIS) while some is blatantly obvious (a fact). For example, Spider-man vs. Firelord is FACT PIS, Superman lifting infinity is FACT PIS, Thor surviving Celestial blasts is FACT PIS, Squirrel girl beating Thanos is FACT PIS, Thor being mortally wounded by bullets is FACT PIS, Surfer being armbarred by Black Panther is FACT PIS, etc.

PIS and Plot armor are not the same thing.

PIS refers to plot induced stupidity in characters, where they fight like idiots and don't use any of their abilities/takes a dive.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Diesldude
Beating up on Monarch who was above sky father level or subduing Mxy.
While I agree that quan is quite the hypocrite when it comes to arguing against DC characters, I don't think that Monarch is above skyfather level and Prime had help in subduing Mxy.

quanchi112
Some PIS is an interpretation (borderline PIS) while some is blatantly obvious (a fact). For example, Spider-man vs. Firelord is FACT PIS, Superman lifting infinity is FACT PIS, Thor surviving Celestial blasts is FACT PIS, Squirrel girl beating Thanos is FACT PIS, Thor being mortally wounded by bullets is FACT PIS, Surfer being armbarred by Black Panther is FACT PIS, etc. Explain to me what was pis about the Firelord/Spiderman exchange. I am willing to bet you have never read it and are just saying so since this example is so frequently used. Superman also never lifted infinity. The Celestials weren't trying to kill him. Do you read any of the stuff you cite ? Sg never beat the real Thanos. Some writers view Thor as being able to be hurt by bullets while others don't. The majority of the evidence suggests he can do so but that doesn't wipe the instances off the board when he does. The only fair way is to count it all.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hulk was temporarily forced to his knees by the lightning and recovered instantly which has nothing to do with strength and where did he feed hulk his teeth literally or figuratively?

It is. That was shown to indicate hulk's superior strength to thor that he can push thor to the ground with a single hand and thor couldn't free himself untill hulk was distracted.

Thor said that the warrior madness could increase his strength tenfold and he couldn't enter the warrior madness even after trying. Both of these contradict the actual showings of warrior madness. Thor entered warrior madness just a few months ago in IH 440 and his strength didn't increase tenfold evidently. Showings>>>>Statements without anything to back them up.

PAD had high opinion for nukes? Really? I remember hulk surviving a nuke without any problem. He also had supergirl survive one IIRC.

I remember it only dulled his intelligence. No mention of the limitation being lifted up was shown in the comic.

No it's not, because my point is that alternating sequences showed each one having advantages at different points, none are conclusive of an explicit advantage. Use some intelligence. Figuratively in the bottom screen (Too lazy to repost scan, I'm at work). He did however start breaking Hulk's bones with Mjolnir earlier.

Or maybe Hulk gained the advantage temporarily, like he did earlier. And Thor did etc. Either way, it's not conclusive and the fact that you pretend it is, is insulting our intelligence.

It isn't in line with previous showings of Warrior Madness but comics aren't set in stone. Things can be elaborated on, added etc. This revelation very clearly stated that Thor attempted to enter Warrior Madness so that he could beat Onslaught but due to spending so much time living among mortals, he forgot how to fight like a true God. Apparently, Warrior Madness can increase an Asgardian's strength up to ten fold. It's not like its a big contradiction, Thor's never tried to actively enter Warrior Madness in such a way, and whenever he has been in that state, he hasn't stayed very long.

As far as I recall, Nuclear Weapons could potentially kill Top Tiers in his opinion. But like I said, this is irrelevant so I'm not sure why you brought this up. I don't know of the Supergirl instance.

I will check the issue then because I specifically recall it giving him brain damage, unlocking a different part of his psyche (Maestro) and letting him get as angry as he wanted to without any limitation.

curryman
How many legit Warrior Madness incidents do we have?

The fight against Him, Power-Gem incident and ?

Silent Master
If by the Power-Gem incident you mean B&T, that wasn't true WM.

curryman
Originally posted by Silent Master
If by the Power-Gem incident you mean B&T, that wasn't true WM.

Idd, that was the "valkyrie" madness which Odin confirmed later on.

So what does that leave us with?

Silent Master
I'm not really sure, off hand I can only remember the two that have already been mentioned and I don't currently have access to my collection to check for others.

Being on an out of state assignment for work really sucks.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor first went into the Warrior Madness against Adam back during Lee/Kirby when he kidnapped Sif. He entered it briefly in a fight with Kang during the early Avenger years. He entered the Warrior Madness briefly against the Mindless Hulk as well.

Thor wasn't in Warrior Madness during the Blood and Thunder arc. He was mad, but it was due to Odin's tampering. Every single time Odin created a new Thor (Beta Ray Bill, Masterson, Norvell etc.) he didn't just grant them his son's power, he took a piece of Thor's soul/essence/whatever to give them their immortality or what have you.

This process over the years wore down Thor's psyche, until he created the Valkyrie persona in his mind and she shattered it into bits and pieces.

A bit ironic that Thor at arguably his most powerful was created as a direct result of Odin making him less powerful.

carver9
Thor first went into the Warrior Madness against Adam back during Lee/Kirby when he kidnapped Sif. He entered it briefly in a fight with Kang during the early Avenger years. He entered the Warrior Madness briefly against the Mindless Hulk as well.

Thor wasn't in Warrior Madness during the Blood and Thunder arc. He was mad, but it was due to Odin's tampering. Every single time Odin created a new Thor (Beta Ray Bill, Masterson, Norvell etc.) he didn't just grant them his son's power, he took a piece of Thor's soul/essence/whatever to give them their immortality or what have you.

This process over the years wore down Thor's psyche, until he created the Valkyrie persona in his mind and she shattered it into bits and pieces.

A bit ironic that Thor at arguably his most powerful was created as a direct result of Odin making him less powerful.

Makes senses.

curryman
He entered it briefly in a fight with Kang during the early Avenger years.

I knew there was an incident I was forgetting .)

the Darkone

This makes perfect sense thumb up

It makes you wonder if Odin didn't do that instead gave a portion of the Odin force to Thor counter parts to grant them godlike abilities like BRB, Norvell, Thunderstrike etc; makes you wonder how powerful Thor would really be instead sharing his essence/soul godhood and powerful as Thor is, makes you wonder how really powerful he can become!

TheGodKiller
^There's nothing to wonder about that. Rune King Thor showed us just how powerful he could really become at his absolute peak.

abhilegend
No it's not, because my point is that alternating sequences showed each one having advantages at different points, none are conclusive of an explicit advantage. Use some intelligence. Figuratively in the bottom screen (Too lazy to repost scan, I'm at work). He did however start breaking Hulk's bones with Mjolnir earlier.

Or maybe Hulk gained the advantage temporarily, like he did earlier. And Thor did etc. Either way, it's not conclusive and the fact that you pretend it is, is insulting our intelligence.

It isn't in line with previous showings of Warrior Madness but comics aren't set in stone. Things can be elaborated on, added etc. This revelation very clearly stated that Thor attempted to enter Warrior Madness so that he could beat Onslaught but due to spending so much time living among mortals, he forgot how to fight like a true God. Apparently, Warrior Madness can increase an Asgardian's strength up to ten fold. It's not like its a big contradiction, Thor's never tried to actively enter Warrior Madness in such a way, and whenever he has been in that state, he hasn't stayed very long.

As far as I recall, Nuclear Weapons could potentially kill Top Tiers in his opinion. But like I said, this is irrelevant so I'm not sure why you brought this up. I don't know of the Supergirl instance.

I will check the issue then because I specifically recall it giving him brain damage, unlocking a different part of his psyche (Maestro) and letting him get as angry as he wanted to without any limitation.
Except Thor had no advantage anywhere in that fight. Also, it means thor has gone into warrior madness many times and his strength never increased 10 folds but a statement overrules everything else? You know how ridiculously laughable that is? He was very explicitly in warrior's madness here, just a few monts before Thor 502 which contradicts both statements

Its not upto debate, feats>empty statements which contradict years of continuity. This is just sad.

Horrificus

quanchi112
Originally posted by Horrificus
Don't sell yourself short, you are helping him do so well. Without you massaging his buttocks, he might lose all concentration! big grin laughing out loud

JakeTheBank
lawl

quanchi112
Except Thor had no advantage anywhere in that fight. Also, it means thor has gone into warrior madness many times and his strength never increased 10 folds but a statement overrules everything else? You know how ridiculously laughable that is? He was very explicitly in warrior's madness here, just a few monts before Thor 502 which contradicts both statements

Its not upto debate, feats>empty statements which contradict years of continuity. This is just sad. You can't pretend the statement doesn't exist. You end up tripping all over yourself from one argument to the next. You aren't even consistent in the same thread anymore.

curryman
Okay Abhi, he went into some kind of weird new Warrior Madness that contradicts the previous showings and statements smile

h1a8
Explain to me what was pis about the Firelord/Spiderman exchange. I am willing to bet you have never read it and are just saying so since this example is so frequently used. Superman also never lifted infinity. The Celestials weren't trying to kill him. Do you read any of the stuff you cite ? Sg never beat the real Thanos. Some writers view Thor as being able to be hurt by bullets while others don't. The majority of the evidence suggests he can do so but that doesn't wipe the instances off the board when he does. The only fair way is to count it all. Spider-man shouldn't have the strength to affect Firelord. Firelord should have the speed and reflexes to catch Spidey. Spidey should have his fist burnt off by touching Firelord.

Superman lifted half of inifinity which is still infinity. Him and CM lifted a book with infinite pages. Yes the Celestials were. There is no mention that they weren't. The panel even says they attack Thor relentlessly and WITHOUT MERCY.

There's no proof that Thanos was a clone in the sg exchange.

Based off Thor being able to take blows from high heralds (beings who can strike harder than bullet force) then it is PIS for Thor to be mortally injured by bullets.

Counting isn't necessary (although Thor is shown to resist high heralds attacks and bullets more than 99.9% of the time). And there is a vast difference between a bullet and a high herald level being.

-Pr-
Superman lifted infinity. It's not a quantifiable feat, as infinity isn't quantifiable, but it still happened.

People need to get over it and move on.

quanchi112
Spider-man shouldn't have the strength to affect Firelord. Firelord should have the speed and reflexes to catch Spidey. Spidey should have his fist burnt off by touching Firelord.

Superman lifted half of inifinity which is still infinity. Him and CM lifted a book with infinite pages. Yes the Celestials were. There is no mention that they weren't. The panel even says they attack Thor relentlessly and WITHOUT MERCY.

There's no proof that Thanos was a clone in the sg exchange.

Based off Thor being able to take blows from high heralds (beings who can strike harder than bullet force) then it is PIS for Thor to be mortally injured by bullets.

Counting isn't necessary (although Thor is shown to resist high heralds attacks and bullets more than 99.9% of the time). And there is a vast difference between a bullet and a high herald level being. Tell me exactly what happened in the fight. You still haven't answered my question.
The book had infinite pages but not infinite mass. People need to realize the difference.

Post the scan. The Celestials weren't trying to kill Thor.

Comics don't need to add up and rarely do. You just make up numbers without any evidence to support them. Do you seriously think anyone is fooled ?

-Pr-
So you're arguing with a mod ruling, now...

the Darkone
bump

Delta1938
LOL I forgot how quanny argued idiotically that it was just regular Doomsday and then tried to act like it's the OP's fault. It was glorious.

quanchi112
LOL I forgot how quanny argued idiotically that it was just regular Doomsday and then tried to act like it's the OP's fault. It was glorious. Try to make sense from now on.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.