Redbox Service vs Netflix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supra
Anyone tried both? Im thinking of signing up for redbox service. I guess you can stream and reserve movies online and pick them up at the kiosks all in the same package.

When I had netflix it seemed to take weeks to get new releases, redbox seems like it might be quicker since you can just drive down the street and pick them up. Also you can rent or buy them online with redbox.

Anyone tried it?

focus4chumps
i ordered some dvd's before netflix did their switch of service (though i tended to download new releases via torrent, so cant comment on that) , but at that time the turnaround was very quick. consistently received movies 2 days after ordering.

Supra
What was netflix's switch of service?

Omega Vision
I would use something like Redbox if it was for video games, because with the closure of most video stores renting games is getting harder and harder.

Also, it was my understanding that Netflix owns Redbox.

Supra
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I would use something like Redbox if it was for video games, because with the closure of most video stores renting games is getting harder and harder.

Also, it was my understanding that Netflix owns Redbox.

I think redbox has games?

focus4chumps
Originally posted by Supra
What was netflix's switch of service?

used to be rentals+streaming included. now you have to choose or pay for both

Shabazz916
Netflix is better

siriuswriter
I'd say that Netflix is better for the constant movie watcher, even if you just choose the "stream now" movies, there is tons of variety and some movies make it in even less than a year from their premiere dates.

However, Redbox takes one week for new releases to get there, and has older "new releases" that are around a dollar and change a night. I usually use a combination of streaming Netflix and Redbox when I can't wait to see something.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.