Kung Lao vs nightwolf

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

red sabre
its kung lao vs nightwolf.

kung lao is getting his ass kicked most of the times, he only was able to beat baraka if that counts for anything, on the other hand we got nighwolf who also doesnt have much of a winning record i guess... who do you think wins between those 2 underdogs?

juggerman
In MK9 they both were pretty uber. Kung Lao took out Shang Tsung and Quan Chi at the same time and Nightwolf was the only one able to stand against and stalemate Super Saiyan Sindel. That's far from underdogs imo

red sabre
Originally posted by juggerman
In MK9 they both were pretty uber. Kung Lao took out Shang Tsung and Quan Chi at the same time and Nightwolf was the only one able to stand against and stalemate Super Saiyan Sindel. That's far from underdogs imo

i am taking into account the entire character history, what we had in mortal kombat 9 matches was just weird, everybody beating up goro? everybody beating up noob saibot? everybody beating up the shokans and kintaro? motaro? freaking stryker? really? sonya beating raiden?

or lets look at another point of view, scorpion beating up nightwolf, younger sub zero beating up scorpion, younger sub zero become a more powerful cyborg, same cyborg sub zero owned by sindel with everybody else , then nightwolf beating her up? the mortal kombat 9 fights didnt make any sense at all.

kung lao has been beaten by shang tsung in deadly alliance 1 vs 1, but in mortal kombat 9 he is defeating both shang tsung and quan chi at the same time? no no and once again no.

so basically without the bullshit fest of mortal kombat 9 we got kung lao almost killed by shao kahn, owned by shang tsung, owned by shinoks clone, beating up baraka....

even if we include mortal kombat 9 he still was owned by scorpion , nightwolf as well... beating up the canon fodder kintaro and noob saibot is a joke in that game.

juggerman
I do see your point and stand corrected in my assumption that you haven't played the game. MK 9 rewrote the MK history so all the other things aren't really canon anymore. If we disregard MK 9 entirely you have a point.

red sabre
I do see your point and stand corrected in my assumption that you haven't played the game. MK 9 rewrote the MK history so all the other things aren't really canon anymore. If we disregard MK 9 entirely you have a point.

the storyline of mortal kombat 9 is not some different universe, its the exact same mortal kombat from the past only some things are changed.
however what we are discussing here is the fighters and the fights, the minor changes that were changed in the remake effect events however those are the same mainstream fighters and they fight the same as they always did, different events does not mean different fighters its basically same fighters only fighting different fights than they did in the original thats all.

juggerman
Originally posted by red sabre
how can i not play the game and yet know what happened and who defeated who? reading comprehension is that much of a trouble now days?

the storyline of mortal kombat 9 is not some different universe, its the exact same mortal kombat from the past only some things are changed.
however what we are discussing here is the fighters and the fights, the minor changes that were changed in the remake effect events however those are the same mainstream fighters and they fight the same as they always did, different events does not mean different fighters its basically same fighters only fighting different fights than they did in the original thats all.

You really shouldn't talk about reading comprehension in attempt you make others look bad and then show that you didn't fully grasp what i said.... I asked if you played MK 9 before you mentioned who won in it. Then i said i was wrong assuming you didn't play it. Please actually read what is written and make sure you understand it before responding so we can save time.

red sabre
You really shouldn't talk about reading comprehension in attempt you make others look bad and then show that you didn't fully grasp what i said.... I asked if you played MK 9 before you mentioned who won in it. Then i said i was wrong assuming you didn't play it. Please actually read what is written and make sure you understand it before responding so we can save time.

yes i have seen it and fixed my post sorry about that

juggerman
yes i have seen it and fixed my post sorry about that

Thank you. Disregarding 9 I'm not too sure about this one. I don't recall everything about these characters at the moment just bits and pieces. Didn't Cage die two or three times tho?

red sabre
Thank you. Disregarding 9 I'm not too sure about this one. I don't recall everything about these characters at the moment just bits and pieces. Didn't Cage die two or three times tho?

well i know its not fair to come and disregard 1 of the games, however what happened in this 1 game as far as the fights is just a contrediction to all the other games and doesnt make sense at all, hell the fights in mortal kombat 9 contredict themselves.

and yes cage died a lot of times

juggerman
well i know its not fair to come and disregard 1 of the games, however what happened in this 1 game as far as the fights is just a contrediction to all the other games and doesnt make sense at all, hell the fights in mortal kombat 9 contredict themselves.

and yes cage died a lot of times

I'm not too sure they contredict themselves as much as some believe. Look at boxing or MMA for example. Just because "Fighter A" wins against "Fighter B" and then "Fighter B" wins against "Fighter C" it doesn't mean "A" could beat "C". It also doesn't mean "A" will beat "B" in a rematch. It happens all the time in fights. One day someone could have your number and the next you have theirs.

red sabre
I'm not too sure they contredict themselves as much as some believe. Look at boxing or MMA for example. Just because "Fighter A" wins against "Fighter B" and then "Fighter B" wins against "Fighter C" it doesn't mean "A" could beat "C". It also doesn't mean "A" will beat "B" in a rematch. It happens all the time in fights. One day someone could have your number and the next you have theirs.

yes but the nightwolf/sindel example is too extreme, this is not about 2 fighters in the same power devision having a lucky day, you see nightwolf losing to scorpion, scorpion losing to younger sub zero, younger sub zero, up to this point i would say anyone of those 3 can beat the other in a good day , then the younger sub zero gets an even further amp which makes him more powerful, at this point i think its clear the cyborg sub zero is suppose to be a tier above those 2 , then we have sindel comming in and beating the hell out of everybody and actually killing them, the enhanced sub zero, sonya, jax, jade,kitana, kung lao, everybody are going down to her at the same time, she is clearly uber, and then we got nightwolf appearing from the bottom and beating her up? i am sorry at this point it doesnt make any sense at all.

juggerman
yes but the nightwolf/sindel example is too extreme, this is not about 2 fighters in the same power devision having a lucky day, you see nightwolf losing to scorpion, scorpion losing to younger sub zero, younger sub zero, up to this point i would say anyone of those 3 can beat the other in a good day , then the younger sub zero gets an even further amp which makes him more powerful, at this point i think its clear the cyborg sub zero is suppose to be a tier above those 2 , then we have sindel comming in and beating the hell out of everybody and actually killing them, the enhanced sub zero, sonya, jax, jade,kitana, kung lao, everybody are going down to her at the same time, she is clearly uber, and then we got nightwolf appearing from the bottom and beating her up? i am sorry at this point it doesnt make any sense at all.

Besides that and Kung Lao stomping all over the Deadly Alliance(which f*cking Raiden was unable to do) i don't think there are too many other times a serious issue like that happened. I think they are all supposed to be at least comparable with eachother with some having an edge over others. Like Liu Kang is clearly supposed to be the best EarthRealm fighter next to Raiden but i think he could lose to any of his allies on the right terms

red sabre
Besides that and Kung Lao stomping all over the Deadly Alliance(which f*cking Raiden was unable to do) i don't think there are too many other times a serious issue like that happened. I think they are all supposed to be at least comparable with eachother with some having an edge over others. Like Liu Kang is clearly supposed to be the best EarthRealm fighter next to Raiden but i think he could lose to any of his allies on the right terms

well kung lao wasnt really stomping the deadly alliance, shang tsung had the soulnado in deadly alliance which impowered him and basically won him the fight vs kung lao, the same soulnado gave the deadly alliance a win over raiden.

there arent too many of those however there are, add to this the fact a guy like noob saibot who is basically the original sub zero got beat up by anyone he fought, not to mention the shokans losing yet again to everybody they fought and even to freakin stryker.

overall the fights in mortal kombat 9 dont make any sense at all.

oh yeah forgot to mention liu kang beating shao kahn, raiden beating liu kang, shao kahn treating raiden like a biatch, you see there are way too many of those in the mortal kombat 9 fights, and yes i know at the end raiden let shao kahn beat him but first of all he got owned at the beginning of the game by shao kahn, and second of all if he could defeat shao kahn he wouldnt go thrue all the trouble of bringing the elder gods and would simply own shao kahn.

juggerman
well kung lao wasnt really stomping the deadly alliance, shang tsung had the soulnado in deadly alliance which impowered him and basically won him the fight vs kung lao, the same soulnado gave the deadly alliance a win over raiden.

there arent too many of those however there are, add to this the fact a guy like noob saibot who is basically the original sub zero got beat up by anyone he fought, not to mention the shokans losing yet again to everybody they fought and even to freakin stryker.

overall the fights in mortal kombat 9 dont make any sense at all.

oh yeah forgot to mention liu kang beating shao kahn, raiden beating liu kang, shao kahn treating raiden like a biatch, you see there are way too many of those in the mortal kombat 9 fights, and yes i know at the end raiden let shao kahn beat him but first of all he got owned at the beginning of the game by shao kahn, and second of all if he could defeat shao kahn he wouldnt go thrue all the trouble of bringing the elder gods and would simply own shao kahn.

Stryker did have a gun, bombs and a taser which are all weapons im sure Kintaro had no clue about. Since we don't see a real fight between them we don't really know how he won.

In the beginning Kahn was empowered by Blaze so Raiden had no chance and at the end he did allow Kahn to whip his ass. Raiden stated in the beginning that he could not legally fight unless he was directly challenged and we know he respected the rules. And once Kahn killed Lao Raiden was ready to kill Kahn but Kang jumped in 1st. I think Raiden could kill Kahn but since he honors the Elder Gods and their rules he doesn't.

Also take into consideration that Frazier beat Ali then Foreman beat Frazier then Ali beat Foreman. Fight are not always so easily determined by things like who beat whom before.

red sabre
Stryker did have a gun, bombs and a taser which are all weapons im sure Kintaro had no clue about. Since we don't see a real fight between them we don't really know how he won.

In the beginning Kahn was empowered by Blaze so Raiden had no chance and at the end he did allow Kahn to whip his ass. Raiden stated in the beginning that he could not legally fight unless he was directly challenged and we know he respected the rules. And once Kahn killed Lao Raiden was ready to kill Kahn but Kang jumped in 1st. I think Raiden could kill Kahn but since he honors the Elder Gods and their rules he doesn't.

Also take into consideration that Frazier beat Ali then Foreman beat Frazier then Ali beat Foreman. Fight are not always so easily determined by things like who beat whom before.

stryker had a gun? Lol the entire mortal kombat roaster is able to rip limbs, fire energy balls or some other projectile, you could think if the mortal kombat fighters are able to get hit by those kind of blows one from the other and get his by projectiles like that and survive, i am sure they can survive a gun shot from a pistol as well.

raiden let shao kahn woop his ass to bring in the elder gods, however that only shows us he had to form a plan in order to defeat shao kahn, if he was powerful enough he would just destroy shao kahn in the first place.

raiden can only fight if challenged? he didnt have any problem fighting scorpion by attacking him, didnt have any problem killing motaro, he didnt have any problem beating up liu kang without a challenge, and if you are reffering to being attacked a "challenge" then shao kahn attacked him fairly well.

as i said at some point anyone can beat the other however some consistancy has to be portrayed, in mortal kombat 9 there was nothing like that at all, besides i think you will agree with me that in mortal kombat there is and suppose to be a power differences, someone like freakin jax isnt suppose to be able matching someone like raiden.

juggerman
stryker had a gun? Lol the entire mortal kombat roaster is able to rip limbs, fire energy balls or some other projectile, you could think if the mortal kombat fighters are able to get hit by those kind of blows one from the other and get his by projectiles like that and survive, i am sure they can survive a gun shot from a pistol as well.

raiden let shao kahn woop his ass to bring in the elder gods, however that only shows us he had to form a plan in order to defeat shao kahn, if he was powerful enough he would just destroy shao kahn in the first place.

raiden can only fight if challenged? he didnt have any problem fighting scorpion by attacking him, didnt have any problem killing motaro, he didnt have any problem beating up liu kang without a challenge, and if you are reffering to being attacked a "challenge" then shao kahn attacked him fairly well.

as i said at some point anyone can beat the other however some consistancy has to be portrayed, in mortal kombat 9 there was nothing like that at all, besides i think you will agree with me that in mortal kombat there is and suppose to be a power differences, someone like freakin jax isnt suppose to be able matching someone like raiden.

Gorilla's can also rip people apart yet can be killed/harmed/stopped with guns so yes the point is valid. Plus like i said Kintaro would probably not know what it was and therefore could be taken be surprise

Raiden knew killing Kahn wouldn't stop Armageddon. He believed the only thing that would was the Elder Gods stepping in. His concern was not just Kahn but fixing the future. He was sure Liu Kang killed him yet he returned to cause more mayhem so to him that was not the way nor an option.

He said as much in the beginning of 9. He didn't fight until he was at his wits end but again he felt that defeating Kahn was not the way to avoid disaster. No matter what Shao Kahn did or how many times he was defeated/"killed" he returned causing the future Raiden was trying to stop.

I agree with that tho not much was completely out the realm of possibilty to me. I can see someone winning a fight then losing to that same person later. I can also see an Ali-Frazier-Foreman situation going on so that isn't a huge problem either. I did think Goro, Kintaro, Shang Tsung and Quan Chi should not have been beaten so much but then again it could very well be possible

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.