Battlefield 4 (2014)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
zaddKBTeo3k

3z4jxkkrrKM

Looks like they've added naval warfare to the mix. I'm pretty hyped for this! I've loved pretty much every Battlefield game before this, and recently downloaded the End Game DLC for Battlefield 3. It's been a blast so far. I'm pretty optimistic for this! We should have a full trailer on the 26th.

Morridini
I too have loved every battlefield game so far, but this is too soon. I still love BF3 (and 2...) and will be able to continue playing it for years to come, I see no reason to rush out another game.

Preferably they should continue with the same amount of time between main games as they did with BF2-BF3.

Zack Fair
i agree.

Everyone wants to try the COD formula though -sigh-

-Pr-
Screenshots:

http://kotaku.com/here-your-first-battlefield-4-screenshots-459756480

If they get taken down, lemme know as I've said them. Yes, all three of them.

Tzeentch._
leaked trailer

xb4iJFRS4Mw

-Pr-
17 minutes of gameplay:

U8HVQXkeU8U

Arachnid1
60 sec trailer

ZD9fWUUeL00

Man, this game looks good. Go to 12:10 in that 17 min demo. My god, that was epic.

I'm a little confused about the Fall 2013 release date though. That seems a bit soon, considering the next gen systems don't get released till the winter.

Smasandian
The previous generations had companies release games on the old platform as well as the new platform.

Why would a company put in millions of dollars in a game to only release it on one platform (so far)?

I don't see an issues. It's been two years since the last release and they have supported the game with 4 substantial packs. A year would look better for consumers but you can still play BF3 if you want.

This isn't any different. If you look at the series itself, it's always been about 2 years between major releases.

BF1942 - 2002
BF Vietnam - 2004
BF2 - 2005
BF2142 - 2006
BF:BC - 2008
BF:BC2 - 2010
BF3 - 2011
BF4 - 2012

Zack Fair
Quiet you.

BackFire
A game that will put my new PC through its paces. Looks pretty impressive, graphically.

-Pr-
I didn't play 3 because I heard the campaign was awful (I don't play online. yeah, I know right?). If this one is better, then I'd definitely pick it up.

Smasandian
If you don't play MP then I would wait for a price drop.

I enjoyed the SP in BF3 (especially the airplane level) and I'm looking forward for a graphic intensive game that will put my new computer through it's paces as well.

Also, I love BF MP. Always have.

Zack Fair
Same here. Battlefield is all about the awesome mp sandbox.

-Pr-
I just have no interest in shooter multiplayer. I'm sure it's great; just not for me.

Smasandian
Understandable. I feel the same way about most online shooters games.

Battlefield online is a different breed. Most of the time. If you get into a really good game, it's pretty damn fun and not really a "shooter" per se.

Hell, one game I spent in a AA vehicle shooting down planes/heli's.

-Pr-
Maybe I'll give it a try. I'll see.

So, no Wii-U version:

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/battlefield_4/news/battlefield_4_skipping_wii_u.html

Smasandian
If you buy it for the SP, definitely try it.

Don't get me wrong, it is an online shooter but it's not as competitive as CoD and you can do many things that I don't consider part of the whole online shooter thing.

You can drive tanks, heli's, planes, you can be a long range sniper, or you can kill some people up close as an assaulter. Or, you can be an engi and just fix peoples rides. You can even just ferry people around control points if you want. There is something for everybody and it does't involve running around in circles like CoD.

Zack Fair
thumb up

Looks beautiful. Gonna have to upgrade some.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Smasandian
If you buy it for the SP, definitely try it.

Don't get me wrong, it is an online shooter but it's not as competitive as CoD and you can do many things that I don't consider part of the whole online shooter thing.

You can drive tanks, heli's, planes, you can be a long range sniper, or you can kill some people up close as an assaulter. Or, you can be an engi and just fix peoples rides. You can even just ferry people around control points if you want. There is something for everybody and it does't involve running around in circles like CoD.

Yeah I read about all that. The last shooter I genuinely enjoyed playing online was the First Halo, and Space Marine (if you would classify that as a shooter). Maybe it is different enough to be considered something more.

jinXed by JaNx
i want to seem some naked shit in these graphics

FistOfThe North
Battlefield 4 Confirmed for Xbox One and PS4 by EA.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/battlefield-4-confirmed-for-xbox-one-and-ps4-by-ea

Nemesis X
I know what to buy with my PS4 now.

Zack Fair
thumb up

Morridini
So, for me to buy this game whatsoever: Either PS4 or Xbox ThreeNotOne need to support 64 player matches at equal scale as the PC counterparts. Also, cross-platform multiplayer is way overdue...

Smasandian
I'm on the fence for the game. On one hand, I have brand new computer and I would love to play this game in its full glory right away . Also, I love BF MP. The only online game outside of TF2 where I played more than 5 hours of it.

But it's going to be the same game and because of the exp in BF3, I don't feel the need to buy it because there is like 20 some maps.

Tzeentch._
Originally posted by Morridini
Also, cross-platform multiplayer is way overdue...

No it really isn't. Until Consoles start using a mouse instead of a controller, and all the consoles use the same controllers and the game runs at the same frame-rate and has the same graphical level on each one, cross-platform MP is a turrbile, turrible thing.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
No it really isn't. Until Consoles start using a mouse instead of a controller, and all the consoles use the same controllers and the game runs at the same frame-rate and has the same graphical level on each one, cross-platform MP is a turrbile, turrible thing.

PC gamers'd have the upperhand, I think. The mouse and keyboard config is many times more precise that a controller setup when it comes to first person shooters. It could be a slaughter.

I think he was talking about crossplatforming within console realms.

Tzeentch._
Indeed they would. The Mouse+Keyboard set-up is a lot better for shooters than controllers.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
Indeed they would. The Mouse+Keyboard set-up is a lot better for shooters than controllers.

I read somewhere that first person shooters on consoles come standard equipped with some auto aim assist ace configured into the controllers yet the m/k setup still trumps.

Tzeentch._
Console aim-assist is ridic. I never noticed it until I got a gaming PC last december and started playing shooters on it. I'm complete ass at games on the PC, humbles me alot because I Was good enough on the console to be one of those quick-scoping douches in CoD on the 360.

I play Halo with my friends every now and again and it amazes me how much work the game does for you to help keep a bead on a target. I just got done playing Planetside 2 for an hour and my K/D was .55, I could jump on Halo right now and go 25-3 with no problem.

Arachnid1
0Ro2IgoUYu0

Man, that was amazing. I cant wait for the beta! Next-gen and PC has 64 player battles. This gen has 32 players. The destruction rendered on frostbite is pretty damn amazing. Their E3 multiplayer gameplay blew me away. I don't see CoD standing up to that in any way.

Arachnid1
tqJfCPcu0As

Theres 45 minutes of Battlefield 4 game play. Looks like it will be a blast! Also, zeroing for snipers has been confirmed. They've also confirmed that they will include a spectator mode.

Tzeentch._
Looks like Battlefield 3.5

Zack Fair
Nothing wrong with that.

Smasandian
Yep, all BF games look like BF.

But having the ability to topple buildings and bridges is enough for me.

I hope they make a full fledged WW2 BF game again.

Arachnid1
Ryj5K49T2UI

Obliteration mode. It seems like a better version of rush. You have to arm the bomb at two different objectives, but there is only one bomb that has to be carried over to the site. Also, the two objectives seem to be spaced out really far from eachother as opposed to less than 100 yards like usual. I like it!

FistOfThe North
Battlefield 4 (PC) Recommended Specs

Windows 8 64-bit
AMD six-core CPU or Intel quad core
8GB of RAM
Radeon HD 7870 or GeForce GTX 660, with 3GB of video memory
30GB of drive space

Minimum Specs
Windows Vista SP2 32-bit
AMD Athlon X2 2.8GHz or Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz
4GB of RAM
Radeon HD 3870 or GeForce 8800 GT, with 512MB of RAM
30GB of drive space

So, how does your rig stack up ahead of the game's release on October 31?

I have a single 2gb gtx 680 and I plan on getting another one by then. Seen one on ebay for $300 this week. I have a good gtx 460 1gb i'll get rid of on there, get the monster and sli the suckers. I'll be beyond ready for the next gen for a long while.

Can't wait.

FistOfThe North
http://www.pcauthority.com.au/News/356399,battlefield-4-pc-specs-released.aspx?utm_source=feed&utm_medium=rss& amp;utm_campaign=PC+%26+Tech+Authority+Reviews+fee
d+-+Latest+Articles

Smasandian
I'm good for recommended.

But BF3 was pretty good for low end computers. It still looked fantastic. I wonder how well optimized this one will be.

Arachnid1
The current gen versions launch in an hour here! Is anyone else going to midnight launch for this? Man, I cant wait to play some Battlefield tonight! I wont be getting any sleep.

Also, here's a graphics comparison of the PS4 and XO versions of Battlfield.

8XqWRACk2zY

jinXed by JaNx
looks sharper on xbox but for the most part it just looks like different color settings. no significant difference to me. id like to see a pc/console comparison

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Battlefield 4 (PC) Recommended Specs

Windows 8 64-bit
AMD six-core CPU or Intel quad core
8GB of RAM
Radeon HD 7870 or GeForce GTX 660, with 3GB of video memory
30GB of drive space

Minimum Specs
Windows Vista SP2 32-bit
AMD Athlon X2 2.8GHz or Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz
4GB of RAM
Radeon HD 3870 or GeForce 8800 GT, with 512MB of RAM
30GB of drive space

So, how does your rig stack up ahead of the game's release on October 31?

I have a single 2gb gtx 680 and I plan on getting another one by then. Seen one on ebay for $300 this week. I have a good gtx 460 1gb i'll get rid of on there, get the monster and sli the suckers. I'll be beyond ready for the next gen for a long while.

Can't wait.

Can You Run It? seems to indicate that having anything less than Win 8 64 bit is below recommended, even though Win 7 64 bit runs games pretty much the same if not better. Also, this is the only game on the market right now that would force me to update my CPU.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Can You Run It? seems to indicate that having anything less than Win 8 64 bit is below recommended, even though Win 7 64 bit runs games pretty much the same if not better. Also, this is the only game on the market right now that would force me to update my CPU.

I did end up getting a 2nd 680 (And lovin' it, by the way) and I can run it we'll with win7 64. Under heavy load in bf4 i get about 50 55 fps (with temps and around 60-70d) with all settings maxed out. I gotta core i7 960 an ssd drive, 18 gigs of ram on an 850 psu to help too..

Stealth Moose
18 GB of RAM? Are you running a server?

Also, that's pretty good temps for running two cards. Congrats!

FistOfThe North
18 GB of RAM? Are you running a server?

Also, that's pretty good temps for running two cards. Congrats!

Ha. Nah. I know, it's overkill. I call it future proofing.

All air cooled too. Got 5 fans cooler her.

Stealth Moose
Yeah, I got 5 fans as well plus those coupled with the parts. The quietest thing is actually my PSU fan

FistOfThe North
Yeah, I got 5 fans as well plus those coupled with the parts. The quietest thing is actually my PSU fan

Yeah. My system's mad quiet too, at all times.

I remember those days when my fans would auto turn up and sound like a wind tunnel. The room would heat up because the thing was basically blowing out hot air. My gpu shutting down due to high temps. Messin' around I had a processor pop on me once. Heat was the enemy. I didn't get into water cooling. Those were the frustrating days. Yet I never abandoned pc gaming or my rigs. Now it's just smooth sailing.

Also I haven't even overclocked anything on my new build. Don't really need to, I guess.

FistOfThe North
The main thing I don't like about bf is that it's not as good a twitch shooter, like cod is.

And that's the main thing I love about cod.

jinXed by JaNx
Wish the campaign was longer than a few hours. By the time I really started to enjoy it it ended.

Anyone else have a problem with the multiplayer aspect crashing on their 360? If I try to play the multiplayer ten times it crashes at least six.

Smasandian
Yeah, I wish it was a bit longer by adding a few specialized missions like a sniper mission, or the plane mission from the first.

Arachnid1
http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/29/5040656/battlefield-4-review

Polygon has changed their review for Battlefield from a 7.5 to a 4.

I cant blame them. As much as I love this game, its crashing left and right on my One. Honestly, I had a more stable experience on the 360. Its a month later, and this is still happening for everyone. Its ridiculous. Hopefully, this and EAs stocks taking a hit will prompt DICE/EA to put more manpower into fixing its problems.

JuggernautMania
what a Trash. its been like half an year since it was released and still they didnt fix the freezing issues. and its not like it freeze oncxe in a while, it freeze almost every single game.

Smasandian
For some reason, I haven't had a single issue. I'm not trying to rub it in peoples faces but compared to my experience with BF3, I'm surprised.

Given that, I think BF4 is a much better game than BF3. I like the maps a lot more and I love ability to customize your classes with different weapons from other classes. Makes the class about the abilities and tech and not about the weapons. I can be support and still shoot a DMR.

Arachnid1
Yep. 4 months later and I'm running perfect on my One. They seem to have fixed everything, and this game is a dream come true for me.

I love all the gameplay options and the amazing maps too. There is no map I truely cant stand (vanilla or DLC).

Smasandian
Yeah,

In BF3, there was a few maps I couldn't really get into. Nothing too bad (except Metro). Tehran Highway, Damavand Peak were meh. Some standouts (Caspian Border, Firestorm) and the rest were decent.

In BF4, only Flood Zone and Operation Locker (which is a better Metro) is the maps I don't like. The rest I equally enjoy. Shanghai, and the resort level are the standouts.

BackFire
I've not had any serious problems playing this game on my PS4. Somme lag/rubber banding but nothing horrid. Only thing is I did encounter that annoying bug that wipes save data, and I'm not sure if that's fixed yet. I should try it again.

Smasandian
Yeah, the rubberbanding is the only noticeable issue I have seen but it seems to be on very few maps.

Also, the weird no background sound until a minute or so bug.

I would be interested to see what they do with next installment of the franchise. I know EA has plans to release a BF game every two years but considering the amount of backlash they have received from BF4, will they wait until it's absolute perfect?

I wouldn't mind if they redid a true sequel to the WW2 BF1942. I know BF1943 was released but it was only a dl title and I wouldn't mind seeing an update on a WW2 MP.

Zack Fair
Rubberbanding is super annoying. Still BF4 ranks on top of shooter tier when it wants to work. This and Titanfall.

Smasandian
Yeah, it is annoying when it happens. I don't see it on the PC that much. Some servers are better than others so it could be the problem of the game and/or the server that is being used.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.