King Thor vs PC Darkseid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

red sabre
king thor is going up against the Pre-crisis darkseid who will come out the victor?

yaadaveyaa
king thor end thread

Omega Vision
Darkseid.

Stoic
Wasn't Darkseid of PC era supposed to be on Galactus' level? If so he wins. Good fight, but he should still win.

abhilegend
Darkseid.

SquallX
Originally posted by Stoic
Wasn't Darkseid of PC era supposed to be on Galactus' level? If so he wins. Good fight, but he should still win.

Most of his high end would put him as an equal or a little below Galactus at his best.

Two of his most powerful Pre-crisis eras would be the Great Darkness Saga, and the search for the Anti Life Equation Saga.

zeel
good fight edge to darkseid.

curryman
Early king Thor or late King Thor?

Early gets stomped. Late might break even.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Stoic
Not quite, but Great Darkness Saga Darkseid (when incredibly weakened) one-shotted Mordru, who had been able to laugh off punches from two Pre-Crisis Supermen at once, easily defeat PC Dr Fate (who was amped by the combined power of Hal Jordan and Alan Scott) and who was stated as being a Galaxy buster.

According to GDS Darkseid, he wasn't at his full (PC) level of power even after absorbing Mordru's power, the Timetrapper's power, and the power of numerous artifacts including Excalibur.

Based on that, I'd put PC Darkseid well above King Thor. I'd put him comfortably above Odin too, but I'm sure there are plenty who'd disagree.

Khazra Reborn
Probably Darkseid. The actual Omega Effect from Kirby age Darkseid was a force to be reckoned with.

quanchi112
Originally posted by SquallX
Most of his high end would put him as an equal or a little below Galactus at his best.

Two of his most powerful Pre-crisis eras would be the Great Darkness Saga, and the search for the Anti Life Equation Saga. laughing out loud

Thor beheads him.Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Probably Darkseid. The actual Omega Effect from Kirby age Darkseid was a force to be reckoned with. Based off of what ?

beatboks
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Not quite, but Great Darkness Saga Darkseid (when incredibly weakened) one-shotted Mordru, who had been able to laugh off punches from two Pre-Crisis Supermen at once, easily defeat PC Dr Fate (who was amped by the combined power of Hal Jordan and Alan Scott) and who was stated as being a Galaxy buster.

According to GDS Darkseid, he wasn't at his full (PC) level of power even after absorbing Mordru's power, the Timetrapper's power, and the power of numerous artifacts including Excalibur.

Based on that, I'd put PC Darkseid well above King Thor. I'd put him comfortably above Odin too, but I'm sure there are plenty who'd disagree.

Your facts are a little skewed here.

When DS first awakend from his centuries long sleep he he wanted power to bring darkenss to the universe (issue 288 IIRC). There was no mention of him being weakened, nor were there signs of it. he sent his servants ( that he created upon awakening, showing no leesser power than any other pre COIE showings ) out to obtain artifacts of power for him which they did.

We know of two Excalibre and the Orb of Orthanax for certain because we saw them both taken and DS absorb the energy of both. When the Legion went to protect the Orb it was because Brainy had predicted it based on the several thefts of other Tallok VIII artifacts so we also know there were more. After absorbing the Ord DS stated ( issue 288 again if memory serves) that he had absorbed as much energy as he could without drawing it from something living.

He then with one of his servants went to where Mordru was imprisoned. The servant using the power of the astro force ( IIRC DS referred to one as a mockery of his son) the servant freed Mordru. You see DS was actually at a powered peak at this point not weakened. Mordru having just been freed from incarceration was weakened. DS was prepped Mordru was intent on destroying the one who freed him with his back on DS ( he was going to do so quickly as thanks for his freedom). DS then absorbed Mordru's power.

I'm sure if needed I can lay my hands on the issue within a few days to provide scans to prove.

As to the battle.

I'm not up on King Thor (read a lot of classic Thor but very little over recent decades). As I understand it King Thor is at least Odin Level if not above. Mordru wouldn't be Odin level ( not even 30th Century Mordru), though he could fight Odin only because he has a history of draining power from everything ( Souls of Gem world wizards, Lords of Order and Chaos, Starheart, Dr Fate, Speed Force, Rock of Eternity while battling it's master, and many more). As a Battle progressed between Mordru and Odin Mordru would grow stronger from Odin's own energ. Without Prep and power ups DS is not greater than Mordru so he won't beat someone above Odin level.

h1a8
PC DS would one shot KT. PC Superman was an insect to him. The OE will end it instantly.

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
PC DS would one shot KT. PC Superman was an insect to him. The OE will end it instantly. Based on it oneshotting who ?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by beatboks

When DS first awakend from his centuries long sleep he he wanted power to bring darkenss to the universe (issue 288 IIRC). There was no mention of him being weakened, nor were there signs of it. he sent his servants ( that he created upon awakening, showing no leesser power than any other pre COIE showings ) out to obtain artifacts of power for him which they did.

We know of two Excalibre and the Orb of Orthanax for certain because we saw them both taken and DS absorb the energy of both. When the Legion went to protect the Orb it was because Brainy had predicted it based on the several thefts of other Tallok VIII artifacts so we also know there were more. After absorbing the Ord DS stated ( issue 288 again if memory serves) that he had absorbed as much energy as he could without drawing it from something living.

He then with one of his servants went to where Mordru was imprisoned. The servant using the power of the astro force ( IIRC DS referred to one as a mockery of his son) the servant freed Mordru. You see DS was actually at a powered peak at this point not weakened. Mordru having just been freed from incarceration was weakened. DS was prepped Mordru was intent on destroying the one who freed him with his back on DS ( he was going to do so quickly as thanks for his freedom). DS then absorbed Mordru's power.

I'm sure if needed I can lay my hands on the issue within a few days to provide scans to prove.

As to the battle.

I'm not up on King Thor (read a lot of classic Thor but very little over recent decades). As I understand it King Thor is at least Odin Level if not above. Mordru wouldn't be Odin level ( not even 30th Century Mordru), though he could fight Odin only because he has a history of draining power from everything ( Souls of Gem world wizards, Lords of Order and Chaos, Starheart, Dr Fate, Speed Force, Rock of Eternity while battling it's master, and many more). As a Battle progressed between Mordru and Odin Mordru would grow stronger from Odin's own energ. Without Prep and power ups DS is not greater than Mordru so he won't beat someone above Odin level. \
Assuming we're talking about the same King Thor, there's nothing that puts him at level with Odin, let alone above him.

quanchi112
\
Assuming we're talking about the same King Thor, there's nothing that puts him at level with Odin, let alone above him. Slagging the destroyer armor. Did you read anything about King Thor ?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by quanchi112
Slagging the destroyer armor. Did you read anything about King Thor ?
No, like most people on the forum I glean my facts from what I hear bandied around.

Are you sure that's an Odin+ feat?

quanchi112
No, like most people on the forum I glean my facts from what I hear bandied around.

Are you sure that's an Odin+ feat? That's what makes me different than most of you animals.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by quanchi112
That's what makes me different than most of you animals.
That and the lack of higher brain functions.

quanchi112
That and the lack of higher brain functions. Says the guy who said what's King Thor ever done. You forgot I just pwned you.

Golgo13

As to the battle.

I'm not up on King Thor (read a lot of classic Thor but very little over recent decades). As I understand it King Thor is at least Odin Level if not above. Mordru wouldn't be Odin level ( not even 30th Century Mordru), though he could fight Odin only because he has a history of draining power from everything ( Souls of Gem world wizards, Lords of Order and Chaos, Starheart, Dr Fate, Speed Force, Rock of Eternity while battling it's master, and many more). As a Battle progressed between Mordru and Odin Mordru would grow stronger from Odin's own energ. Without Prep and power ups DS is not greater than Mordru so he won't beat someone above Odin level.

thumb up Nice list of feats.

beatboks
\
Assuming we're talking about the same King Thor, there's nothing that puts him at level with Odin, let alone above him.

As I said I haven't seen King Thor. I am basing this purely on what I have been told by debaters on various forums that I hold in high regard and have found that they are more than fair in their statements ( generally when these debater know one of their fav's looses they say so without a problem).

I am however quite well versed in all things LoSH, JSA and few other things ( Defenders, Doom Patrol, Heroes for Hire, DC and Marvel magic based characters and MIL/ Red Circle). In fact most of those debaters that I hold in high regard for those areas have often stated that I'm the authority on these.

I have pretty much every appearances of LoSH pre COIE and many up to 2008. I'm not as knowledgeable on DS ( only on his LoSH appearances and his Superman no fourth world or New God's) but a debater who is has pretty much told me that GDS was his peak showings. That being the case the statement you made about him being weak was far from the case because everything I remember seeing was amped not weak, and his strike on Mordru was a sneak attack that he was prepped for.

TheGodKiller
As I said I haven't seen King Thor. I am basing this purely on what I have been told by debaters on various forums that I hold in high regard and have found that they are more than fair in their statements ( generally when these debater know one of their fav's looses they say so without a problem).
They were probably talking about Rune King Thor then. As it so happens, they are 2 completely different versions of the character, with the latter being the one who is far above Odin.

beatboks
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
They were probably talking about Rune King Thor then. As it so happens, they are 2 completely different versions of the character, with the latter being the one who is far above Odin.

Actually that sounds right. So there's another "king" Thor?? god, and I thought all the DC reboots and power level changes were hard to keep up with.

TheGodKiller
Actually that sounds right. So there's another "king" Thor?? god, and I thought all the DC reboots and power level changes were hard to keep up with.
Rune King Thor was powered by the Norn Runes(possibly in addition to the Odinforce, although I am not sure of this). The Runes were portrayed as the ultimate Asgardian power source(far beyond the Odinforce) in that arc.

iceman24567
Darkseid

DarkOdin

King Thor only had the odinpower he was shown to me just about being as powerful as Odin however Odin was clearly a better wielder of the Odinpower however King Thor was a wrecking machine maybe a small notch under Odin if anything.

Rune King Thor had the full power of the Odinpower but had Rune magic "which Odin did" beyond Odin and had a very high level of omniscience.

Male Model

Are you sure that's an Odin+ feat?

I wonder was it always like this or did a time exist on these boards when the comic book section was frequented by people who bought and read comic books? That would have been cool......

Damborgson
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Rune King Thor was powered by the Norn Runes(possibly in addition to the Odinforce, although I am not sure of this). The Runes were portrayed as the ultimate Asgardian power source(far beyond the Odinforce) in that arc.

thumb up RKT had the runes and total mastery of the OF.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.