Lobo (Non toon force) vs Nefaria

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Basically, the Logo that Superman usually fights, who does do logic.

No toon force feats allowed.

Who wins?

Stoic
Lobo would eventually kick his teeth in.

cdtm
Heh, Logo.

Auto correct on tablets is more trouble than it's worth.

Stoic
Originally posted by cdtm
Heh, Logo.

Auto correct on tablets is more trouble than it's worth.

We all make mistakes. No big deal.

Flyattractor
....Why would a tablet not recognize the word LOBO????

And that is whom I vote for BTW.

cdtm
Originally posted by Flyattractor
....Why would a tablet not recognize the word LOBO????

And that is whom I vote for BTW.

The thing is, it fills in words after every second letter. v_v;

Only way to avoid it is by "confirming" each letter by tapping the tablet. It's annoying, but I haven't seriously looked into disabling it yet because I usually don't post from my Kindle..

Stoic
The thing is, it fills in words after every second letter. v_v;

Only way to avoid it is by "confirming" each letter by tapping the tablet. It's annoying, but I haven't seriously looked into disabling it yet because I usually don't post from my Kindle..

A wireless keyboard works pretty well, and I think there are portable ones that fold on the fly. This makes them easier to cart around with.

Flyattractor
Thread Offically Derailed....

WOOO!

Omega Vision
If it's current Nefaria then Lobo takes this with ridiculous ease. But I'd argue that you can't really strip the toonforce from Lobo. That's like taking the Power Cosmic from Surfer or taking away Batman's self-righteousness--it doesn't work.

DTM
Nefaria is physically superior to Lobo, he will win. No way is Lobo capable of fighting Thor, Wonder Man, Iron Man, Capt America, Scarlet Witch, Wasp and Black Panther as well as Nefaria did. Personally, I wouldnt even give Lobo the vote to beat Thor alone, let alone the rest of the Avengers.

cdtm
Lobo gutted a guy that gave Infinity Man problems. smokin'

Stoic
Originally posted by DTM
Nefaria is physically superior to Lobo, he will win. No way is Lobo capable of fighting Thor, Wonder Man, Iron Man, Capt America, Scarlet Witch, Wasp and Black Panther as well as Nefaria did. Personally, I wouldnt even give Lobo the vote to beat Thor alone, let alone the rest of the Avengers.

Lobo took on Justice League Europe by himself, so I wouldn't put it past him. His only threat would be in Thor. The rest he'd beat the hell out of. I could actually see him rip Tony out of his suit of those days.

Lobo easily took out a guy that was arguably more powerful than the Thing. I mean he ripped the rock off of the guy. It was when he fought the L.E.G.I.O.N just before Braniac removed his cloning ability.

Flyattractor
...who da f are you ....ohhh you mean STRATA!

And I agree that LOBO can do better then is expected when going up against teams. HE is very easy to underestimate on first meetings. And I have never seen Nefer in acton so I can't really say

cdtm
...who da f are you ....ohhh you mean STRATA!

And I agree that LOBO can do better then is expected when going up against teams. HE is very easy to underestimate on first meetings. And I have never seen Nefer in acton so I can't really say

Scans of his Avengers fight are in the WWH vs Nefaria thread. ^_^

Flyattractor
Oh. Neffer can take on the entire Avg team!?

Well then LOBO wins hands down absolute no proba at all......

DTM
Originally posted by Stoic
Lobo took on Justice League Europe by himself, so I wouldn't put it past him. His only threat would be in Thor. The rest he'd beat the hell out of. I could actually see him rip Tony out of his suit of those days.

Lobo easily took out a guy that was arguably more powerful than the Thing. I mean he ripped the rock off of the guy. It was when he fought the L.E.G.I.O.N just before Braniac removed his cloning ability.

Youre comparing JL Europe to a Top Tier Avengers lineup? smile

Stoic
Originally posted by DTM
Youre comparing JL Europe to a Top Tier Avengers lineup? smile

JL Europe had Captain Atom, Martian Manhunter, Guy Gardener and a few other powerhouses. They weren't weak. The reason why Nefaria wouldn't beat Lobo, is because Lobo doesn't fight fair. He'd punch him in the nutz and while the Count was winded, he'd kick his teeth in. Lobo would do just as well against that Avengers team as Nefaria did. Don't get me started on the beating that he'd give Simon.

guy222
Lobo wins

Classic Nefaria gets the nod

Rage.Of.Olympus
Nefaria hasn't been his best under Bendis, but then again Lobo has had much worse showings than Nefaria.

Classic Nefaria though? He's stronger and tougher than Lobo but he's a bit of a coward until he got some time to adjust. He might be able to just beat Lobo up and down the planet, but under some portrayals that wouldn't keep him down due to his insane healing factor. On the other hand he could just straight up knock him out, even ridiculous healing factors don't make you immune to knock outs as Lobo himself, Hulk, Wolverine etc. have shown (Does increase resistance). Tough call, depends on what version of the healing factor you're going with I guess.

Male Model
Lobo can be a ***** as well ask Vril Dox!

cdtm
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Nefaria hasn't been his best under Bendis, but then again Lobo has had much worse showings than Nefaria.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee113/wolverinerespectthread/wolverinevscountn01.jpg

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee113/wolverinerespectthread/wolverinevscountn02.jpg

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee113/wolverinerespectthread/wolverinevscountn03.jpg

Worse then that?

Stoic
@Rage wat up brah! Hey, Lobo is plenty strong, don't let some of his lower showings fool you, he has kicked his way through 1000 meters of solid rock in about an hour. It took Cain longer to get himself out from under a mountain so...

In DC's Who's Who, it stated that Lobo was one of the most powerful creatures in the known universe, and that he is so strong that he could use a semi tractor trailer like a baseball bat. I'm thinking that's pretty strong.

Flyattractor
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee113/wolverinerespectthread/wolverinevscountn01.jpg

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee113/wolverinerespectthread/wolverinevscountn02.jpg

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee113/wolverinerespectthread/wolverinevscountn03.jpg

Worse then that?
Unfortunatly......yes.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rhfyRZC12kM/Ts7hq6g4zDI/AAAAAAAAAiE/t_fns-1WIuA/s1600/batman_lobo_deadly_serious_2_001.jpg

http://bastich.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/lobo_highway_to_hell_1.jpg

http://i.newsarama.com/images/dsk_cv11_02.jpg

And the worst part about all that crap is that right there at the end of the last Pre DCU reboot. They were actually starting to make LOBO COOL AGAIN!!

ARRRGGHHH I hate DC.

DTM
JL Europe had Captain Atom, Martian Manhunter, Guy Gardener and a few other powerhouses. They weren't weak. The reason why Nefaria wouldn't beat Lobo, is because Lobo doesn't fight fair. He'd punch him in the nutz and while the Count was winded, he'd kick his teeth in. Lobo would do just as well against that Avengers team as Nefaria did. Don't get me started on the beating that he'd give Simon.

Nefarias inexperience would cost him, granted, but to me the power level Nefaria possessed there in that outing was certainly above what Ive seen Lobo at. No way Lobo is catching Mjolnir mid-swing, or letting it bounce off his chest unhurt. Nefarias doubts and inexperience with his powers are the only reason he didnt defeat the Avengers.

cdtm
Originally posted by DTM
or letting it bounce off his chest unhurt.

That was a cover. Never happened in the story.

Lobo's manhandled characters about as powerful as anyone in that Avengers lineup, at least on an individual basis. Devilance the Pursuer alone, that bounty hunter Lobo tore apart in Countdown to Final Crisis, was a Forever People and Infinity Man threat, and you know how powerful Infinity Man is. (Basically he's usually portrayed as at least a step up from Superman/Captain Marvel level.)

Maybe his lows are pretty low, but his highs are pretty high too.. On average, I'd give him halfway decent odds of matching Nefaria's performance against that entire Avengers lineup, Thor included.

Stoic
Originally posted by DTM
Nefarias inexperience would cost him, granted, but to me the power level Nefaria possessed there in that outing was certainly above what Ive seen Lobo at. No way Lobo is catching Mjolnir mid-swing, or letting it bounce off his chest unhurt. Nefarias doubts and inexperience with his powers are the only reason he didnt defeat the Avengers.

Did you know that in their first meeting, Lobo beat Superman so badly that had he have been sober he wouldn't have forgotten what he was supposed to do, and he would have actually killed Superman. Nefaria would surely knock Lobo around, but he wouldn't be able to stop him, and while Lobo would heal near instantaneous, the Count wouldn't.

When Superman hit him with a dose of heat rays, Lobo laughed at him. Then he proceeded to beat the life out of him. IMO that was Lobo's best showing ever.

Flyattractor
How accurate is that above pic with wolvie cutting the guy up with currant Nef standards. Cause if its currant LOBO going to town with Mr.Hooky would be even more devestating

DTM
Did you know that in their first meeting, Lobo beat Superman so badly that had he have been sober he wouldn't have forgotten what he was supposed to do, and he would have actually killed Superman. Nefaria would surely knock Lobo around, but he wouldn't be able to stop him, and while Lobo would heal near instantaneous, the Count wouldn't.

When Superman hit him with a dose of heat rays, Lobo laughed at him. Then he proceeded to beat the life out of him. IMO that was Lobo's best showing ever.

Yep, I have that comic, I also know that Superman had no idea who Lobo was or what he could do (the same was not so in return), and by the time he realized that Lobo was there to fight, and how strong her was, Lobo actually having kryptonite from the Fortress then as well, it was too late. That first Superman / Lobo meeting is HARDLY a good case for how powerful Lobo is, as its HEAVILY favored for Lobo and against Superman. Superman has fought Lobo many times since (sometimes Lobo and others combined), and Superman does just fine against him, to say the least.

Lobo and Thor are a good match, as would Lobo and Hulk, but Nefaria was a step above, and if his mind was in the right place, and he had experience with his powers, Classic Nefaria would have beaten the Avengers, and certainly Lobo as well, IMO.

abhilegend
Lobo wins due to his insane HF. The fight from AOS 464 was retconned in DC First: Superman & Lobo by none other than Lobo's creator Keith Giffen and he had superman kick Lobo's ass throughout the whole comic though.

Flyattractor
Technically LOBO getting a "HF" is really a rather recent addition to HIS power set. At first HE just seemed to be very tough with that mysteriousl Wonder Woman type level of durability.

cdtm
Technically LOBO getting a "HF" is really a rather recent addition to HIS power set. At first HE just seemed to be very tough with that mysteriousl Wonder Woman type level of durability.

The Lobo/Mask crossover in 1997 had the HF in full effect. His early 1990's fights with Superman, Mon El, Captain Marvel, Barda, Gardner, and even Despero had him just being that tough though. Even as a kid, it's hard not to notice that Lobo laughing off high end bricks best attacks happened so often, that he was like DC's version of The Undertaker.. Even when Superman was amped and knocking Lobo through an alien ship in orbit, Lobo wasn't registering pain at all and having completely coherent thoughts as he was launched.

Flyattractor
That and I would think it would be kinda logical for HIM,and the other czarnians to have some kind of HF if they have that Instant Clonenal Replacement Blood thing/

I mean 1 paper cut and there could be like 30 extra copies of YOU running around.

MrMind
lobo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.