Darth Malgus vs LoTF Mara Jade Skywalker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Malgus is stuck in a temporal stasis and finally gets out. The first Jedi he encounters is LoTF Mara Jade Skywalker. The two fight. No rules. Battle site is Dathomir.

Vensai
Does the stasis affect Malgus's performance?

Darth Truculent
No.

Vensai
Whats Maras best feat? I only recall her beating Lumiya somewhere.

ROTJ Vader
Malgus.

Pwned
Does Mara get any prep at all?

If she does, the fight never occurs. She either assassinates him or teams with Luke to win.

If not, she was beating Caedus. He surprised her with the Poison Dart. Caedus was able to take on a large group of Jedi, including Katarn.

Vensai
Originally posted by Pwned
Does Mara get any prep at all?

If she does, the fight never occurs. She either assassinates him or teams with Luke to win.

If not, she was beating Caedus. He surprised her with the Poison Dart. Caedus was able to take on a large group of Jedi, including Katarn.

True, but she has no prep. Malgus wins based on what I've heard about Mara.

Based
Malgus in a minute.

Pwned
I don't even know what Malgus is capable of. I was just supplying a feat and an obvious answer for Mara.

Prepped Mara=Batman.

Ascendancy
Originally posted by Vensai
True, but she has no prep. Malgus wins based on what I've heard about Mara.

Mara may have used everything at her disposal, but regardless she defeated Caedus, and would have nine times out of ten. She was more than thorough in her abilities, combat wise, Force wise, and mentally. Malgus has some decent feats, but he is mostly hype.

As said, with prep Mara smashes him brutally. Her training as a Hand puts her head and shoulders above him there. In straight combat she still takes him. Not easily, but I'd imagine that she is in control for most of the fight and in the end relieves him of his head.

Vensai
Originally posted by Ascendancy
Mara may have used everything at her disposal, but regardless she defeated Caedus, and would have nine times out of ten. She was more than thorough in her abilities, combat wise, Force wise, and mentally. Malgus has some decent feats, but he is mostly hype.

As said, with prep Mara smashes him brutally. Her training as a Hand puts her head and shoulders above him there. In straight combat she still takes him. Not easily, but I'd imagine that she is in control for most of the fight and in the end relieves him of his head.

Wait... She beat Caedus? I read that she lost the duel, even with prep.

Ascendancy
No, she violated him. He simply distracted her for a millisecond via some horrid writing and stuck a poison dart in her. The fact that she didn't finish his ass off right away was not in her character at all and was a weak little plot-driven piece of garbage. She handled him and he should have died, but then there would have been no continuation of the war that was going on.

Vensai
No, she violated him. He simply distracted her for a millisecond via some horrid writing and stuck a poison dart in her. The fact that she didn't finish his ass off right away was not in her character at all and was a weak little plot-driven piece of garbage. She handled him and he should have died, but then there would have been no continuation of the war that was going on.

I checked the book. Caedus managed to beat her with prep by exploiting her weakness for Ben. I wouldn't necessarily classify it as PIS. Anyway, this fight is no prep. I don't know how long she'd last against Malgus though.

Ascendancy
It says that Mara was not one to be fooled by such an illusion and was never in doubt, but was distracted long enough for him to kill her, which is a turd sandwich being fed to the readers.

Vensai
It says that Mara was not one to be fooled by such an illusion and was never in doubt, but was distracted long enough for him to kill her, which is a turd sandwich being fed to the readers.

Ok, Mara probably shouldn't have lost with prep. We get it. This fight is no prep. Ang Malgus is no pushover.

Ascendancy
I don't think Malgus is weak, I just think she falls below Mara in total ability. She won't mop the floor with him, but she takes it.

Arhael
Originally posted by Vensai
I checked the book. Caedus managed to beat her with prep by exploiting her weakness for Ben. I wouldn't necessarily classify it as PIS. Anyway, this fight is no prep. I don't know how long she'd last against Malgus though.
Check out her participation in fight against Jorus C'baot and most notably Lord Nyax.

Ascendancy
*he falls below. Missed that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.