Tommy "Hitman" Monaghan vs. Frank "Punisher" Castle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Hitman from the DC comic book versus movie Punisher (Ray Stevenson).

Fight takes place in a Home Depot store at night. Nobody else is present. The Home Depot is ripe with all kinds of neat toys that can be improvised for weapons.

Both start at 50 feet apart behind cover and can see one another.

Both are armed with two Beretta 9mm pistols with three nine round clips, and an M4 Carbine (3 round burst and single fire) with scope and three 30 round magazines.

Both have knowledge each others' abilities. (Hitman's powers)

To the death.

the ninjak
Tommy if he makes a run and dive behind better cover can maybe use his X-ray vision to get an upper hand on the fight.

Impediment
Tommy has x-ray vision, yes, but Frank, in my opinion, has better combat skills.

Could Tommy's telepathy be used against Frank?

the ninjak
Not certain of his TP feats. Only read a few issues, never liked the character.

Impediment
Oh, man. I LOVE Hitman.

Garth Ennis is my favorite comic book writer of all time.

I was so sad when the series ended with issue #60.

the ninjak
Fan of Ennis as well. Read alot of his stuff buy unfortuntely Hitman fell behind.

I'm more of a Marvel reader though and didn't read enough Hitman issues to give a decent response unfortunately.

Robtard
Originally posted by Impediment
Oh, man. I LOVE penises in my mouth and anus.

FTFY

Eternal Idol
The Punisher ftw, via rebar bender.

abhilegend
Hitman wins. Hitman 34 is one of the best comics I've ever read.

the ninjak
Originally posted by abhilegend
Hitman wins. Hitman 34 is one of the best comics I've ever read.

What happened in Hitman 34?

Impediment
It features Tommy and Superman having a 'broment".

Lots of good dialogue.

cdtm
Originally posted by Impediment
Oh, man. I LOVE Hitman.

Garth Ennis is my favorite comic book writer of all time.

I was so sad when the series ended with issue #60.

It was sad, but one of the best endings I've ever seen. Tommy went out in style.

I'm not sure if he could beat Castle though.. He was good, but Castle probably wouldn't have had any problems with an elite SAS, and even Ringo was arguably better then Tommy. He was good, but not super human good, like Castle, who could tag Spidey or Daredevil, and shoot DD's billy club out of mid air.

cdtm
Originally posted by the ninjak
What happened in Hitman 34?

Ennis writes an amazing Superman/Monaghan conversation. Ennis is known for hating characters with super powers, EXCEPT Superman, who he seems to revere and write better then most writers.

the ninjak
Originally posted by cdtm
Ennis writes an amazing Superman/Monaghan conversation. Ennis is known for hating characters with super powers, EXCEPT Superman, who he seems to revere and write better then most writers.

Cute ending to that issue.

The whole moment was Hitman explaining to Supes about the weakness of humans need for racial segregation. And and a particular individual being a victim of such amongst a country that embraces political freedom.
And uses Supe's history of being an alien, and his intent to be "all he can be" as an example of immigrants in the country choosing to do the right thing whilst forcing Supes to look at a particular opportunist criminal type in a nearby apartment window. And making him believe Hitman was there to reflect on life.

Whereas Hitman was there to kill that man and Supes fell for his bullshit hook, line and sinker.
He even signed his magazine before flying off before he made his kill.

A cool moment in comic book history.

But it won't help him with Castle in regards to this fight. You know that of course.

Impediment
Garth Ennis, without exception, is the best Punisher writer ever.

I adored the 12 issue Marvel Knights by Ennis and Dillon. Ma Gnucci was such a c*nt, but got what she deserved.

After watching the Thomas Jane Punisher film, am I the only one who really wanted the Russian to act like the blabbermouth he was in the issues instead of the mute?

the ninjak
Ennis mastered writing the Punisher I agree.

The creation of the film Punisher Warzone was no doubt inspired by his Punisher MAX series. Unfortunately it had none of the essence.

It makes me wonder sometimes how far some great comic writers attempt to write screenplays or present storyboards to producers.
Or if they even have the ability to break from the medium they excel in.

It pisses me off.

cdtm
Originally posted by the ninjak
Cute ending to that issue.

The whole moment was Hitman explaining to Supes about the weakness of humans need for racial segregation. And and a particular individual being a victim of such amongst a country that embraces political freedom.
And uses Supe's history of being an alien, and his intent to be "all he can be" as an example of immigrants in the country choosing to do the right thing whilst forcing Supes to look at a particular opportunist criminal type in a nearby apartment window. And making him believe Hitman was there to reflect on life.

Whereas Hitman was there to kill that man and Supes fell for his bullshit hook, line and sinker.
He even signed his magazine before flying off before he made his kill.

A cool moment in comic book history.

And that moment comes back on Hitman, in JLA/Hitman, which culminates in one of the greatest lines in comic book history:

"..what people are gonna believe about you. I guess you can't help who's gonna believe in you, either."

Impediment
JLA/Hitman was an awesome 2 part story, but the ending pissed me off when Tommy saw how the JLA was in the end.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.