How important is height for a woman?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VG_Addict
How important is it that a guy be tall, so that a woman is attracted to him?

LanceWindu
You seriously need to get over your height issues.

Male Model
Originally posted by VG_Addict

Whatever this is about dude... it's not biiggie, trust!

TheGodKiller
Let's just say that based upon your previous butthurt thread, it's important enough that you'll never get any pussy. Unless you're visiting a brothel or something.

Sancty
did you really need to make a second thread on this?

Bardock42

You don't want to date the girls that think it is important.

To paraphrase John Green (and taking over the slight mistakes in Venn Diagramming):

"The Venn Diagram of girls who don't like small boys and girls you don't want to date is a circle."

I'm sure you'll find someone who loves you for your important qualities. And maybe if they really like you they'll let you touch their genitals.

Batman-Prime
Very important, every girl saying something else is lying

Astner
Let me put it this way. I'd bet money that you'd get a girl if you walked up to a hundred total strangers went through the following steps.
Start off with a cheesy line, like the following: "Do you know how much a polar bear weighs? Not enough to break the ice."

Continue with: "I thought you were so pretty that I had to go up and talk to you. Is it OK if I take you out for a cup of coffee?"Just remember to keep eye contact, act comfortable, and don't get discouraged if you get a "no". It's a process and it gets easier over time, don't expect to get lucky from the get-go.

Also. If the girl is wearing head phones or walking with a friend you may skip step one to keep it concise. Women-folk love to get complements from strangers, and even if you come out empty handed you've made someone's day a bit brighter.

Astner
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Let's just say that based upon your previous butthurt thread, it's important enough that you'll never get any pussy. Unless you're visiting a brothel or something.
Kid, get back to your comic books and HBO drama series, real men are talking.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Astner
Kid, get back to your comic books and HBO drama series, real men are talking.
Use this:
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/6240/buttcream.jpg
It'll really help in relieving the pain that you're still feeling from the butthurt of your anal rape from past interactions.

apnavarun
I think 5 ft should be enough although it depends on person and his personality.

Scarlet Fox
Heres a good line!

'Hi! My name is ____! Does this smell like chloriphorm to you?!'-holds up rag-

xD Cant remember that movie name but it makes me smile.

As for the 'Tall' thing it varies from person to person. Some women like tall men, or at least taller then themselves, some like guys to be the same height and others like smaller guys, mostly Femenists who try to be the 'butch' of the couple.

Myself I dont really care as long as the guy is nice.... to me at least. ^.^

Robtard
Originally posted by Scarlet Fox
Heres a good line!

Hall Pass (2011)

Astner
I'm not upset with you, TGK, I just don't like you.

Male Model
Look at Millionaire Hollywood Actor Tom Cruise, he is tiny and he is always banging hot chicks.

Sancty
Let me put it this way. I'd bet money that you'd get a girl if you walked up to a hundred total strangers went through the following steps.
Start off with a cheesy line, like the following: "Do you know how much a polar bear weighs? Not enough to break the ice."

Continue with: "I thought you were so pretty that I had to go up and talk to you. Is it OK if I take you out for a cup of coffee?"Just remember to keep eye contact, act comfortable, and don't get discouraged if you get a "no". It's a process and it gets easier over time, don't expect to get lucky from the get-go.

Also. If the girl is wearing head phones or walking with a friend you may skip step one to keep it concise. Women-folk love to get complements from strangers, and even if you come out empty handed you've made someone's day a bit brighter.
oh god noooo
I wear headphones specifically to avoid weirdos like this
leave people in headphones alone

Heres a good line!

As for the 'Tall' thing it varies from person to person. Some women like tall men, or at least taller then themselves, some like guys to be the same height and others like smaller guys, mostly Femenists who try to be the 'butch' of the couple.

awecrac

Bardock42

Well, if you do it a hundred times you can probably just say "Herka derka derr" and end up with at least 1 date.

Robtard
Originally posted by Sancty
oh god noooo

Stalker types don't care about privacy and personal space.

Astner
oh god noooo
No offense, but you're not the kind of woman a sober stranger would walk up to and ask out in broad daylight.

Either way, VG Addict, the only thing people around you will think if you walk up and talk to a girl is "damn, guy's got balls" or "I wish guys hit on me too". Being social is by no means a psychosis.

Originally posted by Bardock42
Well, if you do it a hundred times you can probably just say "Herka derka derr" and end up with at least 1 date.
You wouldn't know.

Bardock42

You wouldn't know.

True, I got lucky the first time I tried. Probably my stunning looks.

Astner
Definitely. http://www.chatslang.com/images/shortcuts/twitch/admins/kappa.png

AbnormalButSane
mostly Femenists who try to be the 'butch' of the couple.

What the f**k?

Sancty
No offense, but you're not the kind of woman a sober stranger would walk up to and ask out in broad daylight.

Either way, VG Addict, the only thing people around you will think if you walk up and talk to a girl is "damn, guy's got balls" or "I wish guys hit on me too". Being social is by no means a psychosis.

I'm not sure if you're trying to say I'm ugly or scary & unapproachable, in any case it still happens to me unfortunately. x:

Nahh, people might be creeped out by sad pickup lines from strangers.. also some people have places to be

on that note maybe you should try this VG
hgEZkSWv2LE

Scarlet Fox
Originally posted by AbnormalButSane
What the f**k?
There out there man!
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/hehehehehehe.gif

Robtard

1 out of 1. Way better than Astner's 1 out of 100. thumb up

Astner
I'm not sure if you're trying to say I'm ugly or scary & unapproachable,
No. It's just that people that do that go for straight tens. Me, and my friend whom I did this with, were overly selective which ones we'd walk up to. You do it to step out of your comfort zone and develop confidence, not to get laid.

in any case it still happens to me unfortunately. x:
Right, and I'm sure Marius scares them away by flexing and grunting.

Nahh, people might be creeped out by sad pickup lines from strangers.. also some people have places to be
You couldn't make it more obvious that you've never been asked out in this fashion.

Sancty
No. It's just that people that do that go for straight tens. Me, and my friend whom I did this with, were overly selective which ones we'd walk up to. You do it to step out of your comfort zone and develop confidence, not to get laid.

Right, and I'm sure Marius scares them away by flexing and grunting.

You couldn't make it more obvious that you've never been asked out in this fashion.
That may be true for you, but it happens to a lot of people, "ugly" girls included
how did it go?

Of course it doesn't happen when Marius is with me. awebrow

It's sad that you think someone mentioning they've been approached is bragging. This happens to a **** ton of people, it doesn't mean you're extremely beautiful

though some people do take it that way & this is what happens:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2124246/Samantha-Brick-downsides-looking-pretty-Why-women-hate-beautiful.html

Astner
That may be true for you, but it happens to a lot of people, "ugly" girls included
No it doesn't. I've talked to the girls I've chat up. I know how it is.

how did it go?
I deleted most of the numbers I got, mainly because I didn't have the balls to make something out of it. But if it wasn't for that practice I would probably have been single now.

Of course it doesn't happen when Marius is with me.
Of course not.

It's sad that you think someone mentioning they've been approached is bragging. This happens to a **** ton of people, it doesn't mean you're extremely beautiful
I never expected you to admit that I was right, I made that clear from the beginning. I know that you know that I'm right, and that's good enough for me.

though some people do take it that way & this is what happens:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2124246/Samantha-Brick-downsides-looking-pretty-Why-women-hate-beautiful.html
You went from "you're pretty and I'd regret if I decided not ask you out for a cup of coffee" to "this bottle of champagne is from the captain who wishes you a nice flight"?

Robtard
So you get the phone numbers from "10's" and you then delete them mostly. LoLz.

Sancty
No it doesn't. I've talked to the girls I've chat up. I know how it is.

I deleted most of the numbers I got, mainly because I didn't have the balls to make something out of it. But if it wasn't for that practice I would probably have been single now.

Of course not.

I never expected you to admit that I was right, I made that clear from the beginning. I know that you know that I'm right, and that's good enough for me.

You went from "you're pretty and I'd regret if I decided not ask you out for a cup of coffee" to "this bottle of champagne is from the captain who wishes you a nice flight"?
such great evidence.

You're not right though, this happens to a lot of women (and young girls).. there are creeps everywhere.
Also people find different people beautiful so.. your "10" is not someone else's
There's literally too many ways you are wrong so I think we should just get you in a wig & dress, put some mascara on you, and see if anyone approaches (they will in time, believe me) flirt

She uses people approaching her to call her beautiful as proof that she's perfect. most people don't take a strangers compliments that seriously, because they are meaningless

Bardock42
Originally posted by Robtard

He'd have to buy a new house for all the hard drives to store the numbers.

Astner
This was five years ago. But yes.

Astner
such great evidence.
I'm sharing my experiences, and while I know that you're wrong, that's not what I'm trying to prove.

You're not right though, this happens to a lot of women (and young girls).. there are creeps everywhere.
Didn't your parents let you sleep over at Marius' (who was in his 20's at the time) when you were only 15? And you think it's creepy when a man asks a woman out?

Look, Sancty, this thread isn't about your ego. It's about helping VG Addict out on the dating market. And your nonsensical "he's talking to me, he must be a creep"-mindset isn't helping, especially since you've never really talked to strangers that weren't behind a fast food counter.

I have nothing against you. I don't even know how you look. However, from what I've read it's apparent that your experience on the topic is very limited, and I don't care to extend this thread to the point were you'd give up. I'm sure you feel the same.

NemeBro
What's creepy about going up to an attractive woman, complimenting her, and then asking if you two could get a cup of coffee?

I don't get it. That is perfectly normal behavior.

Bardock42
Just to make sure we all know Astner is wrong...

Didn't your parents let you sleep over at Marius' (who was in his 20's at the time) when you were only 15? And you think it's creepy when a man asks a woman out?

She obviously didn't say that, what she said is that some women might find certain cheesy pick up lines creepy in certain circumstances. As well as some women preferring not to be bothered (which is a good enough reason for a decent person not to bother them).

Obviously a more nuanced, intelligent and true point of view than your "everybody will think you are so ballsy". Now perhaps you want to help VG out, but lying to him doesn't seem like a good way to do that.

Look, Sancty, this thread isn't about your ego. It's about helping VG Addict out on the dating market. And your nonsensical "he's talking to me, he must be a creep"-mindset isn't helping, especially since you've never really talked to strangers that weren't behind a fast food counter.

Again not at all what's been said, you should perhaps read more closely, and realize that you are the only one making absolute claims.

I have nothing against you. I don't even know how you look. However, from what I've read it's apparent that your experience on the topic is very limited, and I don't care to extend this thread to the point were you'd give up. I'm sure you feel the same.

She told you that she has had these experience, that she'd been asked out multiple times, has been approached more often than that, and has also been harassed on the street beyond those two things. If this happens to someone who, as you gathered, is not particularly often in social places, you can imagine how often it would happen to women who are.

You have a very myopic point of view on this issue, and had you really talked to women you'd know about their experience, I can not imagine you wouldn't know that woman are often harassed on the street, or approached in inappropriate places that make them uncomfortable.

Of course there are places where it is more appropriate to approach women. Where chances would be slimmer to creep them out.

However, if a person, any person, wears headphones, perhaps just leave them alone altogether, there's a good chance they do not want to be bothered.

Sancty
I'm sharing my experiences, and while I know that you're wrong, that's not what I'm trying to prove.

That you think it's about my "ego" shows where you're going wrong.
It's not a compliment when some weirdo approaches you when you're in public, wants you to take your headphones off to comment on your looks and use pick up lines. it's not "special", it happens to women a lot, especially when they are alone.
I don't think anyone who talks to me is a creep, I think a lot of creeps do this though, in an inappropriate setting & fashion

imo it's fine in the right certain circumstances, but you definitely shouldn't tell people all women will love it.. because it's just not true.

also what the hell does this mean "you've never really talked to strangers that weren't behind a fast food counter." ? lol

Astner
You're comparing asking a woman out for a cup of coffee in public to sexual harassment? You need help.

Sancty
You're comparing asking a woman out for a cup of coffee in public to sexual harassment? You need help.
it's "street harassment", not sexual harassment
Unwanted advances and comments on their looks are counted towards the findings

Obviously it ranges from those things to more extreme encounters

like in the video I posted, a man is "complimenting" women, but it's clearly inappropriate, uncomfortable for the woman, and harassment.

It's about realizing when it's appropriate. if a woman is wearing headphones or busy with something it's probably not a good idea.

Asking a woman out for a cup of coffee can be fine, but it depends on the circumstances.

pqEdWgfCAH4
QRe5xbIWKWs

this just isn't true, and a lot of people who harass women have this sort of mentality "they enjoy the attention!" some women will enjoy it, others won't

Sancty
Astner, did you ever hit on a girl when she appeared to be walking with her boyfriend? slide

Robtard
To be fair, if the woman being approached on the steet finds the guy attractive, there's less chance of her feeling creeped out. You can take two men using the same approach and that same woman could have a polar opposite reaction depending.

Also, creeps often don't realize they're creeping out women. It's like they're oblivious the women aren't interested.

Male Model
Many women like a midget....

Sancty
To be fair, if the woman being approached on the steet finds the guy attractive, there's less chance of her feeling creeped out. You can take two men using the same approach and that same woman could have a polar opposite reaction depending.

Also, creeps often don't realize they're creeping out women. It's like they're oblivious the women aren't interested.
Yeah, that's because of physical attraction bias IMO. people assume someone attractive is less likely to be a psycho

that second part is a problem yeah, and the mentality that all women like it, so people assume a woman is acting "coy" and secretly enjoys the attention

I don't think they're all creeps obv, I think some people who are genuinely nice make people uncomfortable without realizing at the time

the guy in those videos is definitely a creep though. mmm

Male Model
Yeah, that's because of physical attraction bias IMO. people assume someone attractive is less likely to be a psycho

that second part is a problem yeah, and the mentality that all women like it, so people assume a woman is acting "coy" and secretly enjoys the attention

I don't think they're all creeps obv, I think some people who are genuinely nice make people uncomfortable without realizing at the time

the guy in those videos is definitely a creep though. mmm

All women like sexual harassment, to say otherwise is feminism.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Male Model
All women like sexual harassment, to say otherwise is feminism.

Not sure if genius or sexist.

Male Model
Not sure if genius or sexist.

In the 60's women didn't know it was sexist to be goosed, so they enjoyed it..... or that's what 'Carry On' films taught me.

TheGodKiller
I'm not upset with you, TGK, I just don't like you.
Concession accepted, my adorable little Scandinavian kitty.

ThorinWoofer
I've seen tons of short dudes get loads of pussy.

Don't fret.

Barker
i'm tall so i'm good

Bardock42
Originally posted by Barker
i'm tall so i'm good

Aww, you have other terrible qualities that will make no one ever love you

Barker
like my crippling oneitis

Mairuzu
Its important to the ones that don't matter and it doesnt matter to the ones who are important

OH SHIT IT JUST GOT REAL

Kharhmah
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Its important to the ones that don't matter and it doesnt matter to the ones who are important

OH SHIT IT JUST GOT REAL
I always thought it was: "Those who mind dont matter, and those who matter dont mind." shrug

VG_Addict
On the plus side, I'm 5'4-5'5 in shoes.

Raisen

asian?

Astner
And you think that will help to compensate for your lacking confidence?

Yurika
Height for a woman does not matter so much as height to a man. Anyway tall guy attracts you, at least at first sight.

Jim Colyer
The perfect height for a woman is 5'6".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.