Team Video Game vs. Team Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Alex Mercer
Master Chief
Kratos
Bayonetta
Dante
Cyborg Raiden
Albert Wesker
Star Killer

Vs

Optimus Prime
Neo
Hancock
Harry Potter
Yoda
Selene (underworld)
Terminator (Arnold)
Hulk

Feats used in all movies & games that these characters have appeared in may be considered for this fight. Fight takes place on Monguls War World. Standard gear for everyone. Each team receives a briefing on the other team 2 hours before the fight to come up with some type of strategy. Teams start 100 yards away from each other at beginning of fight.

Neo has all abilities he displayed in the Matrix

Who wins?

KingD19
Team VG has several people who sh$t all over Team Movie's best, which are Hancock, Hulk, and Optimus.

BloodRain
^thumb up

Harry? Harry what are you doing here? Go home Harry.

ScreamPaste
I dunno, doesn't Hancock have some ridiculous feats?

KingD19
Yeah. Hancock has some crazy feats, but they don't put him in a class that can take down Kratos, Bayonetta, Dante or Mercer.

Especially when's he's so heavily outnumbered by heavy hitters.

the ninjak
Alot of those movie characters are a joke compared to their enemy.

Charlotte DeBel
Does that means that Neo is able to "hack" the laws of physics during the match at its own heart's desire in which case he solos or his Matrix stats/feats are more generalized and not to the Demiurg Almighty level?

Charlotte DeBel
Also what hasT800 forgot there? He's even more of a weak link than Potter. T1000 would be so much better.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by KingD19
Yeah. Hancock has some crazy feats, but they don't put him in a class that can take down Kratos, Bayonetta, Dante or Mercer.

Especially when's he's so heavily outnumbered by heavy hitters. Hancock branded the moon. haermm

Dante/Mercer/Bayonetta aren't the ones I'm worried about.

BloodRain

Charlotte DeBel
Once again, my opinion depends on what is allowed.
And Harry Potter is not the most useless team movie member. At least he has Reparo and the likes of support spells and may act as healer to Optimus paired with him.

BloodRain
Can Harry repair something as complex as Optimus? 'cause besides being a geese monkey there isnt much else he can do to support the rest or defend himself from Mercer, Wesker or Chief.

Charlotte DeBel
I think that "Reparo armor plate" will work if it gets dented.

BloodRain
I'm not thinking so much about dents so much as his arm being blown off.

Utrigita
Originally posted by BloodRain
I'm not thinking so much about dents so much as his arm being blown off.

Reparo should (in theory) handle that as well, it repairs the object. The spell doesn't to my knowledge require knowledge on the components in order to fix them.

With that said assuming we are only using the movies and Video games as sources, then team Video Game ripes team movie apart.

Scarlet Fox
Master Chief snipes Harry Potter
Cyborg Raiden destroys Terminator
Kratos steps on Yoda
Wesker rapes and tears of Selenes head. -new fanfic idea-
Starkiller hacks Optimus to peices
Dante eats Neo

The rest are hard to match up since I dont know anything about Bayonetta or Mercer

Not to mention I am unsure how to pit Hulk and Hancock against the others since they are practically invulnerable.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Does that means that Neo is able to "hack" the laws of physics during the match at its own heart's desire in which case he solos or his Matrix stats/feats are more generalized and not to the Demiurg Almighty level? Neo at his best couldn't even inconvenience Kratos.

Neo was never omnipotent.

KingD19
I unfortunately see Starkiller slinging Optimus around like an AT-ST.

Charlotte DeBel
A boyfriend of mine believes that Neo given ALL his powers in the real world will be somewhat like a Virtual Adept mage from WOD. However eventually he agree that he won't live long enough against Dante or Bayonetta to think about all the implications of that powers.

As for the rest, I've just realized that Starkiller is the MVP in dealing with Hancock.
We know for sure that he's rather weak-willed, being drunkard and stuff, and thus is suspectible to mindf*cking.
So the team VG strategy goes like:
1. Kill Yoda as fast from the start as possible since he is vital in protecting Hancock from Starkiller's mindtrick.
2. Distract Hancock while Yoda is getting killed.
3. Mindtrick Hancock into believing he has just drank a tanker full of Jack Daniels.
5. Profit!
=============
In fact, I see the best strategy for killing opponents for team VG going like that.
Mercer will assist Starkiller in taking down Yoda or take him down himself - he's next to immune to TP due to multiple personalities.
Bayonetta will tango with Neo (Dante may do this also, Quicksilver does the same as Witch Time, but he has better chances agaist Hancock so he'll be distracting him long enough for Starkiller to join the party).
On the question of speed - Dante's top speed not counting for Quicksilver = "speed of lightning" (=0.015 of light speed) which while possibly slower than Hancock's is in fact enough to replicate the "flight to the Moon" feat technically. Add in Quicksilver and I don't think that Hancock is speedblitzing him. Actually causing long-lasting harm is questionable, but then again, Dante only needs to last long enough to get Starkiller join the party and use the Force to mindtrick the hell out of Hancock.
Wesker, as said above, gorily kills Selene.
Raiden will display his mad skillz in giant robot dispatching on Optimus Prime.
Master Chef will take down the "normals" of opposing team (Harry and T800).
Kratos will fight Hulk in the most epic ways possible... then maybe assisted by ones hoo finished down their weaker opponents since Hulk, like Hancock, requires team efforts to be taken down properly.

juggerman
A boyfriend of mine...

How many do you have?

Charlotte DeBel
Right now just one...The sounds much better for this purpose, thank you. Though he thought I got a little...strange thoughts in my head after telling about pushing a lightsaber up Hancock's butt... but that's irrelevant.

BloodRain
..I like where this is going.

Charlotte DeBel
Funny how discussing a debate may turn into BDSM discussion...yeah.

BloodRain
I don't see why all debates don't fall down this path.

Charlotte DeBel
BS aside, Harry Potter and T800 are SERIOUS weak links in team movie that negate every advantage their heavy hitters may have and allow 2 vs 1 on Hancock and/or Hulk for VG folk. Any substitute ideas?

BloodRain
What about...

Andrew
http://0.tqn.com/d/scifi/1/0/g/d/0/-/chronicle-movie-image-5.jpg

..and..

Clover
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7iLoq9vUd4M/UHBeEF_a8MI/AAAAAAAACqc/MPlexeZTmmU/s1600/clover02zc5.jpg

KingD19
Andrew and Matt were pretty powerful towards the end of the movie; tossing city buses like nothing. But concentration and focus is everything. And Andrew is a mental wreck. One of the VG characters will break his concentration and kill him.

And Kratos has beaten monsters far bigger than Clover.

Charlotte DeBel
If we allow Andrew, then maybe, to keep symmetry, we'll replace Master Chief or Wesker with this guy, Nick Scryer:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psi-Ops:_The_Mindgate_Conspiracy#Gameplay

Charlotte DeBel
Or replace Bayonetta with Nick? One less Tier 1 character for Team VG makes this match more strategic...

ScreamPaste
The moon has 27% of the Earth's diameter, what Hancock did to it could feasibly allow him to solo.

Just throwing it out there.

NemeBro
Paint?

Painting sure was an impressive feat.

No but Kratos puts his hand through Hancock's chest, real talk.

ScreamPaste
Being paint makes it more impressive since that'd take billions of gallons of paint all of which he'd need to transport to the moon and use to make his design.

NemeBro
Now be a dear and prove he got it all there in one trip.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by NemeBro
Now be a dear and prove he got it all there in one trip. Be a dear and point out the part where that's a problem? Multiple trips to the moon and back in a day? haermm Followed by a mark left on the moon almost as big as Australia?

BloodRain
That was paint?

NemeBro
It was red. Like, bright red.

Of course it was paint.

Also, prove he made those trips in just one day, rather than preparing for this many many days in advance.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by NemeBro
It was red. Like, bright red.

Of course it was paint.

Also, prove he made those trips in just one day, rather than preparing for this many many days in advance. People would have noticed the mark if it took him longer than one day to make it. The point remains that in one day he flew to the moon and made a mark on it comparable in size to Australia.

Being red doesn't make it paint, but whatever. If it is paint than him getting that much of it to the moon, let along getting that much, just makes it better.

BloodRain
Where would he get 15 billion cans of red paint from?

Not like he'd steal it :T

Charlotte DeBel
Since we don't know how long Hancock was steal... err gathering paint for this feat, the speed of lightning (which is 0.015 of the speed of light) is sufficient to do this feat, and I've already provided the calculations that it is manageable when using Quicksilver/Witch Time etc. What's more, the Million Stab move in DMC is described in-lore as being performed at exactly this speed.

And he's not likely to survive mindrape - the verse of Hancock movie included no telepaths and he does not look strongwilled to me.

ScreamPaste
I have legitimately never come across a legitmate lightning timing feat for Dante.

Fair enough on the telepathy, thoguh.

Charlotte DeBel
That comes more like All There In the Manual. This speed is intended to be shown in Alastor-acquiring cutscene with the shards of glass frozen in place from Dante's point of view and figures in Million Stab move description. And time manipulation, once again.
Also, the best speed feats from Hancock are TRAVEL speed feats. Even painting one - he didn't include a ton of fine details in it. And his best COMBAT speed feat - catching a rocket in midair - will make Dante and Cyborg Raiden LOL.

ScreamPaste
I dunno, it'd s pretty big painting, though seriously I refuse to actually math it. Laziness. It does surpass anything I've seen from Dante based on me preconceptions though. 131 Cyborg Raiden is just something I'd rather not touch in terms of reaction time though.

At the end of the day what I'm trying to push home is that Dante and co are not the 'tier one' of the VG team. Kratos is.

Charlotte DeBel
Strengthwise, yes, Kratos is strongest one there is. However strength is better left for Hulk, and we're talking about speedblitzing here.
And we've already agreed that a mindtrick from Starkiller is the best way to put Hancock down - he's an alcoholic who has never faced a telepath in his life, so no punching contest there - just someone who can last agaist Hancock long enough for some patented Sith/Jedi mindf*ck.
If we replace Chief or Bayonetta with Nick Scryer the things become even funnier since Nick has POSSESSION as one of his powers. Possessed Hancock, anyone?

ScreamPaste
Possessed Hancock does kind of make this thread hilarious haermm But yeah, as I already admitted, I have no answer to telepathy other than perhaps killing the telepaths first if basic knowledge is given.

Charlotte DeBel
Alex Mercer
Master Chief
Kratos
Bayonetta
Dante
Cyborg Raiden
Nick Scryer (Psi-Ops)
Star Killer

Vs

Optimus Prime
Neo (for the purposes of the fight he is put in cybernetic body with same speed/strength/flight/durabilty stats, bullet timing is treated the same as Dante's Quicksilver/Bayonetta's Witch Time)
Hancock
G-Girl (My Super Ex-Girlfriend)
Yoda
Professor Xavier (in walking young body from X-Men: First Class, however, feats from all the movies apply)
Iron Man (the movie version)
Royal Pain (Sky High)
-----------------
A more balanced version of this VS. Minus Hulk, plus less weaklings for team Movies.

Charlotte DeBel
Note to the roster change above:
Gear Exchange specific rule.
Royal Pain has no access to her rejuvenation ray since I'm not sure this is a standard gear for her. However she is given a (movie) War Machine armor and a practice time (2 hours of pre-match planning time) to adjust to it using her technopathy powers.
On VG side Nick Scryer is given Spiral rifle from Dante's arsenal instead of a sniper rifle from his usual gear, but still keeps his regular Desert Eagle pistol.

BloodRain
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
I dunno, it'd s pretty big painting, though seriously I refuse to actually math it. Laziness. It does surpass anything I've seen from Dante based on me preconceptions though. 131 Cyborg Raiden is just something I'd rather not touch in terms of reaction time though.

At the end of the day what I'm trying to push home is that Dante and co are not the 'tier one' of the VG team. Kratos is.
Can't be mathed. It think it'd be pretty impossible to paint at fast speeds, after assuming it is actually paint. No timeframe either.

Kratos' brings the BoO, rage amps and strength a hundred times that of Bay and Dante. They all still have greater combative speed over him. Then theres Bay's Witch Time and summons, Starkillers lightsabers, force lightning and powerful.. powerful TK, Dante's time powers, hellfire, clones, DT amps, other strength/speed amps, teleport, damage absorption/redirection, regeneration, Yamato's cutting powers and BFR shots. They all have things to be in that tier.

Not so much Raiden.. but his strength, speed and powerful sword would allow him to easily solo every character under the top 5 here.

Charlotte DeBel
Standard gear, so I'm afraid Yamato and Ifrit are out for Dante...Other than that you are right.
And as for painting feat I thought that it was more "flying with the tank of paint over Moon surface and letting gravity do the rest" and not something that involves great dexterity feats.

By the way, how do you like an updated roster version? I'm afraid I've made it too much of a "kill a telepath" thing.

BloodRain
Oh yeah, well strip those two. Still a bunch of great abilities.

Ahh missed that. Well G-Girl, a Techopath War-Machine and Ironman definitely to replace Hulk somewhat increases their side, though leaves only Neo and Hancock for the physical side. Neo's speed amp puts him into tier 1 easy.

Trump card is the Prof.. no sure what would happen with him.

Charlotte DeBel
Well, I was going like - 3 speedsters for each side (Dante, Bayonetta, Raiden vs Hancock, G-Girl, Neo in cyber body with the same speed feats he did in Matrix (clarification to keep it fair - Matrix physical stats but no claims of "hacking the opponents' code' and other BS. To clarify which Matrix powers count and which do not count).
TK match - Yoda vs Starkiller
Telepathy match - Xavier vs Scryer (though Scryer is a Cable-lite so he's weaker in TP but more versatile than Prof). However, Scryer's rogue gallery included a Yuri (Red Alert3) expy and he's quicker on draw than movie Xavier, being a trained soldier.
(By the way, Mark (my boyfriend) suggested Yuri for VG side but I thought it would be stupid. That and his "Neo=Virtual Adept mage" theory.)
The rest - whatever BS I was able to throw in to make team Movie look less like a bunch of sitting ducks. On a side note, Kratos is now free from Hulk-wrestling duty and is ready to kick whatever ass needs kicking.

Charlotte DeBel
http://youtu.be/a1mHrEsQU3Q
On the side note, Leonov DID almost make Scryer kill himself with mind control...so Prof is an ace up the sleeve in this game.

BloodRain
Ah I see what youre going for. Yeah, makes things more equal.

Wasn't there a scene in X2 or 3 where Prof mind controlled tons of people? Curious to if he can make people do his bidding.

Can one persons mind control stop anothers? Like if Prof got in Kratos' head, but then Scryer attempted to get in Kratos' head too?

Charlotte DeBel
I'm not sure what'll happen. One of Scryer's powers (I gave a wiki article on him on previous page) is a psychic vampirism. He can drain psychic energy from other telepaths\psychically empowered normals to replenish his own.
And yes, Xavier froze a bunch of normal people in a museum. He also mindcontrolled an officer of Soviet ship and held Shaw in place in the First Class movie.
Xavier vs Scryer will probably go like Xavier vs Emma Frost in First Class movie (though she had additional bonus of diamond form, and Scryer, while a weaker telepath, has extra powers such as telekinesis, pyrokinesis and psychic vampirism).
In general, though, I think that getting into Kratos' head is not something a sensible telepath would do - Xavier struggled with Wolverine's mind and I think that in terms of RRRRAGE Kratos> movie Wolverine. ESPECIALLY a powered up Kratos.

BloodRain
I guess he could drain Xavier, probably until he catches on and retaliates.

Xavier will be a massive glass cannon. A great mental skill but it wouldn't take much to kill him. A stray bullet or shrapnel, not much he can defend from.

The Fat Rambo
Once again, my opinion depends on what is allowed.
And Harry Potter is not the most useless team movie member. At least he has Reparo and the likes of support spells and may act as healer to Optimus paired with him. Harry has many spells that he can employ. He can vanish Raiden in an eyeblink. Imperio, anyone?

KingD19
Harry's speed is massively inferior to Raiden.

Utrigita
I guess he could drain Xavier, probably until he catches on and retaliates.

Xavier will be a massive glass cannon. A great mental skill but it wouldn't take much to kill him. A stray bullet or shrapnel, not much he can defend from.

Scryer has to be in physical contact with the person in order to drain his mental reserves. Scryer will imo be fairly quickly overpowered by Xavier, atleast based on how he faired against Jov Leonov and Wrightson.

KingD19
That depends. Can Xavier get into Nick's head before Nick tosses him like a rag doll? I think the time it would take to fight Nick and break through his defenses is a lot longer than the point and click of TK.

Utrigita
That depends. Can Xavier get into Nick's head before Nick tosses him like a rag doll? I think the time it would take to fight Nick and break through his defenses is a lot longer than the point and click of TK.

I think he can, Scryer isn't (from what I recall from the game) a multitasker with his psionic powers. If Xavier attacks him Scryer will have to focus on the task of keeping Xavier out, he can't both focus on keeping Xavier out and at the same time focus his TK.

Charlotte DeBel
As Scryer vs Leonov shows, that's right. And as Xavier vs Frost shows, overpowering other TP users denying them access to their psychic powers, is entirely possble.

But then at least Xavier is a better glass cannon than Pottersmile

KingD19
There's still the fact that there's a lot of people in this fight. Xavier gettins his mental hands on Nick before someone kills him is an absolute best case scenario.

Charlotte DeBel
I've also noted a funny thing with updated roster. Out of 3 team movie speedsters all three are fliers, while on VG side - Raiden = grounded, Bayonetta - grounded for combat purposes and only Dante with Sparda DT has any aerial combat feats.
However Hancock and Neo lack precise ranged attacks...

KingD19
Hancock can just sling tornadoes though, so there's that, lol.

BloodRain
But they can all have godly jumps to compensate for flight :3

Charlotte DeBel
But they can all have godly jumps to compensate for flight :3
When I think of this tactic for Raiden I can't help but think of Thancrus hyperzoanoid from Guyver franchise, LOL.

The Fat Rambo
Harry's speed is massively inferior to Raiden. True, but Harry has a much larger arsenal.

Charlotte DeBel
Slow as hell, needs to connect and muggle repellent spell will not work on almost half of Team VG due to them having magic power source.

CosmicComet
That comes more like All There In the Manual. This speed is intended to be shown in Alastor-acquiring cutscene with the shards of glass frozen in place from Dante's point of view and figures in Million Stab move description. And time manipulation, once again.
Also, the best speed feats from Hancock are TRAVEL speed feats. Even painting one - he didn't include a ton of fine details in it. And his best COMBAT speed feat - catching a rocket in midair - will make Dante and Cyborg Raiden LOL.

The shards of glass were not frozen in place however.

You could still see gravity taking affect there in that scene.

Charlotte DeBel
That debate took 3 pages of Dante's respect thread. I really- REALLY - don't want to bring it there. However, even 147 km/sec calculated there is enough to fly around the Earth in 5 minutes. Which is as fast as anything we saw from Hancock, Neo and G-Girl.

ScreamPaste
That debate took 3 pages of Dante's respect thread. I really- REALLY - don't want to bring it there. However, even 147 km/sec calculated there is enough to fly around the Earth in 5 minutes. Which is as fast as anything we saw from Hancock, Neo and G-Girl. Dante's not moving at 147 km/s. no expression Not trying to drag you into a rehash but:

Does no one else remember the most blatant aspect of that scene? That we see Dante moving at human speed due to adjusted slow motion, and the lightning in it is still instant and much faster than he is? >_> That kinda sinks things.

The Fat Rambo
Holy shit, Dante Sparda is in this fight?

BloodRain
Do those 3 even have speed feats?

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Dante's not moving at 147 km/s. no expression Not trying to drag you into a rehash but:

Does no one else remember the most blatant aspect of that scene? That we see Dante moving at human speed due to adjusted slow motion, and the lightning in it is still instant and much faster than he is? >_> That kinda sinks things.
The slow down with the lightning isn't at the same rate as the slow down with the slashes, as seen with the falling glass.

KingD19
Hancock has a speed feat sort of. In the bank robbery scene, he flies by and snatches up the robber so fast they just disappear in a gust of wind. And his reflexes are fast enough to swat an rpg, which is propelled at around 700mph.

Charlotte DeBel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfT7dybYoek
Changing clothes on superspeed.
There's also a messing up the office feat however she did nothing to put her over Mach 3-4. Including catching rocket.
Hancock and G-Girl have nothing in term of combat speed over Dante and Bayonetta, to be honest.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by The Fat Rambo
Holy shit, Dante Sparda is in this fight?
You may officially get scared now, darling.

BloodRain
Soo Raiden pretty much has the speed advantage over most?

The Fat Rambo
You may officially get scared now, darling. Dante Sparda rapes like a Boss.

Charlotte DeBel
Yeah. Neo is high-end bullet timer (has flight feat of outflying the explosion), best combat-relevant speed feats of Hancock and G-Girl are moving faster than human eye can see and catching some rockets/missles.

The Fat Rambo
I'm a Dante Sparda fanboy so my opinion here is biased, lol.

Charlotte DeBel
Welcome to the club, darlingwink Everything is in the sig, I'm the one who created RT for DMC games and tie-in comics on this site.

The Fat Rambo
My player emblem on Blackops 2 is a DMC emblem.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.