The Wolverine (2013)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

marwash22
IMDB Synopsis:
Wolverine faces his ultimate nemesis - and tests of his physical, emotional, and mortal limits - in a life-changing voyage to modern-day Japan.

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2012/10/the-wolverine-teaser-poster.jpg

Starring: Hugh Jackman, Will Yun Lee, Brian Tee, Svetlana Khodchenkova, Hiroyuki Sanada, Tao Okamoto & Rila Fukushima.

frP8WaBvxIs

marwash22
new poster:

http://www.horror-movies.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/wpid-Photo-2013-03-25-737-AM.jpg

marwash22
Extended teaster trailer

the ninjak
Cinematography looks kinda cheap. But it was just a teaser and I love low budget cinema with substance.
Rukio looks heavily anime as well...they didn't need to do that.

Action looks fast paced and aggressive though. Need to see more.

BruceSkywalker
can't wait to see this

marwash22
First International and Domestic trailers:

qorMmKKpJDk

z-Yu9uwHLVI

the ninjak
Quality is much better than the MTV sneak peek.

This film looks awesome. Thanks Marwash.

BruceSkywalker
looks very good..

Robtard
Trailers do make it look pretty badass, but I'm still skeptical of another Orgins-level flick.

Also seems like Jackman ups his workout with each Wolverine portrayal, looks considerably more ripped and stockier across the chest and shoulders. /no homo

Impediment
Originally posted by Robtard
Also seems like Jackman ups his workout with each Wolverine portrayal, looks considerably more ripped and stockier across the dreamy chest and shoulders. /FLAMING homo

Fixed.

Robtard
Originally posted by Impediment
Fixed.

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/7263/hellohhhh.jpg

Esau Cairn
I'm in 2 minds about this movie, mainly due to the fact that it was filmed in Fox Studios which is only about a 20 minute walk from where I work & also my fav pub which was closed down lastyear is the interior setting for one of the japanese Temple scenes.
To me, watching the film, I'll know it's "Fake-Japan filmed down the road."

Ascendancy
Liking what I see. Will be avoiding all further trailers.

siriuswriter
SQUEE!!

Sorry, I try to keep the fan girl down, but she just has to pop up sometimes or I'll explode.

marwash22
no, no, let her explode, let her explode all over the place.

Placidity
Originally posted by the ninjak

This film looks awesome.

Don't be so sure...

the ninjak
Originally posted by Placidity
Don't be so sure...

Agreed.

I've learnt to never judge completely a film by its trailer.

But I always get giddy when a new comicbook movie is coming out.
I drag my bored friends along by force.
And I tend to always enjoy all of them.

Then a few days later......after the vibe has worn off I lie there and think (especially in regards to X-men films) God that film sucked!

I actually had a fight once at the opening day of X-men 1.
Some douche said Cyclops was a *** and it was on.

Robtard
You force your friends and then enjoy them? Kinky.

Placidity
Agreed.

I've learnt to never judge completely a film by its trailer.

Actually, I just said that because it was the last line in the trailer.

Mindset
Looks a lot better than that garbage they made the first time.

Placidity
I got a feeling they are going to mess up Silver Samurai.

Mindset
Meh, it's only Silver Samurai.

As long as they don't do another "Deadpool" level **** up, they should be ok with some liberties.

steverules_2

Was it a fist fight and can I find it on youtube?

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by steverules_2

Popcorn was thrown & parents were called. embarrasment

Darth Martin
Trailer looked interesting. Keeping my expectations low.

Some douche said Cyclops was a *** and it was on. Really?

the ninjak

It was nothing to write home about.

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Popcorn was thrown & parents were called. embarrasment

Something along those lines. wink

Ascendancy
Cyclops was a whiny twit. I hope you were appropriately throttled for defending such a pansy.

steverules_2
^^ Uh oh, round 2

It was nothing to write home about.

Parents were called? Was Mrs. Ninjak angry with you? I want the details on this fight cause I love fights no matter what they are, even if it was just a few rubbish insults

dadudemon
Also seems like Jackman ups his workout with each Wolverine portrayal, looks considerably more ripped and stockier across the chest and shoulders.

I was thoroughly impressed, actually. I can't believe how hard he worked for this role. He's leaner than the Origins film...but significantly bigger. For a dude that doesn't body build, this is an amazing transformation.

He is...almost large enough to be passable as a real "comic-book" like wolverine. He just needs more hair on his arms to look more the part.

Still, I think in order to pull of a wolverine look, in real life, you have to be 5'6" and weight 210lbs.

I look forward to this film.

Edit - Don't feel like a homo. I was just as thoroughly impressed with what Jessica Biel did to get read for her part in Blade Trinity. Sexuality does not have to be involved with the appreciation of hard work and thorough dedication. Jackman is just beastly.

the ninjak
^^ Uh oh, round 2

Parents were called? Was Mrs. Ninjak angry with you? I want the details on this fight cause I love fights no matter what they are, even if it was just a few rubbish insults

Lets just say Mrs Ninjak is someone nobody wants to deal with.

Ascendancy

You don't shower often, eh? Gotcha eek!

jaden101
This looks absolutely dreadful and you people saying otherwise should be ashamed of yourselves.

steverules_2

Yes I hope I never have to

marwash22
derp

Supra
What did you guys think of the preview?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh1LdTFkm7I

Logan does a guy a favor and he repays him my setting him up and taking his immortality? Thats what I got out of it..What did you guys get?

Kazenji
Looking foward to it

even if they've changed the plot slightly from what the movie is supposedly based on

http://www.amazon.com/Wolverine-Chris-Claremont/dp/0785137246

Kazenji
L3YSOR63MuI

DARTH POWER

thumb up Good man.

But the real person to kick off with is Bryan Singer.

Kazenji
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Ash_ED/shapi_zps94bc0d79.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Ash_ED/shap2_zpsd2e9a8fe.png

DARTH POWER
Whooaa! That actually looks good!

Placidity
Looks like a robot.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Kazenji
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Ash_ED/shapi_zps94bc0d79.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Ash_ED/shap2_zpsd2e9a8fe.png

Wait...SS is a robot?

Kazenji
Not sure....might be a robot suit for Harada

because there has been a picture from the set with someone wearing silver armour from last year

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2012/10/12/first-glimpse-of-silver-samurai-on-the-set-of-the-wolverine/

if it a robot suit for Harada..obviously they got the idea from this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Ash_ED/2183543-silversamurai1_zps3e8503b8.png

steverules_2
Does look pretty bad ass, I hope we get a good proper fight with wolverine and SS

I have yet to see a comic book movie fight outdo Ock/Spidey train fight from spiderman 2, still imo one of the best fights in a movie

nmaheshbalan
I watch the trailor of this movie in theater,really amazing.very much eager to see this movie.but still I have to wait for another 2months for release of this movie wacko

Kazenji
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Ash_ED/941481_10151635550771788_814965014_n_zpsf170b97f.jpg

BruceSkywalker
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Ash_ED/941481_10151635550771788_814965014_n_zpsf170b97f.jpg

thats my cover photo on facebook.. lol

Newjak
Got back from IM 3 and saw the trailer for this. Looks like it might be pretty good.

quanchi112
I was never a big a Wolverine fan but the more fantasy the better.

nannasin28
it is the interior setting for one of the japanese Temple scenes. IRF3205

quanchi112
I finally saw the preview and the movie looks surprisingly well.

Kazenji
Yeah it looks good

alot better then what they did for the first movie.

Arachnid1
Does look pretty bad ass, I hope we get a good proper fight with wolverine and SS

I have yet to see a comic book movie fight outdo Ock/Spidey train fight from spiderman 2, still imo one of the best fights in a movie I agree, for the most part. Hulk and Abomination came pretty damn close though.

SunKing
It's going to be trash. The best Xmen Movie was First Class simply because Wolverine wasn't in it

Wolverine is a terrible character in comics and all media so it' no wonder his films are bad.

Kazenji
th1NTVIhUQU

Uhhhh why is Viper a snake woman?

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I agree, for the most part. Hulk and Abomination came pretty damn close though. Blade vs Nomak?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
that is certainly plausible..

just watched.. I like what I see.. still don't care for Will Yun Lee though so hopefully he will make me believe in him

Tzeentch._
I didn't like that trailer very much...

Why is Logan dreaming of Jean? I thought this took place before he met the X-Men.

The giant robot samurai looks like a gimmick that he fights only once and for a few seconds on that bridge.

idk man... Still going to watch it of course, but now I have some doubts.

steverules_2
First one was, second one is set after X3

Esau Cairn
I'm not sure how "serious" I can take this movie knowing that it was filmed here in Australia...

I mean the bar scene was shot 5 minutes from where I work, in a pub they just decorated with props to give it an Oriental feel.

And the Japanese Temple/garden scenes is actually The Chinese Gardens, a well known tourist attraction.

Kazenji
Its called movie magic

work it out.

marwash22
I'm not sure how "serious" I can take this movie knowing that it was filmed here in Australia...

I mean the bar scene was shot 5 minutes from where I work, in a pub they just decorated with props to give it an Oriental feel.

And the Japanese Temple/garden scenes is actually The Chinese Gardens, a well known tourist attraction. /humble brag

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by marwash22
/humble brag

What's to brag about?

I work 10 mins away from Fox Studios.
The 1st Wolverine movie, The last 3 Star Wars,
Babe, The Matrix Films, Dark City, MI 2 were all filmed using local areas close by.

Honestly, it takes the "magic" away.

Kazenji
I agree with the magic part

after going to America and seeing some of the places in films takes that "magic" away when you re-watch those movies.

marwash22
What's to brag about?dunno.

seems like a weird thing to take you out of a movie. I thought maybe you just wanted to slyly throw in how you've been to the bar where the movie was filmed.

Esau Cairn
Its called movie magic

work it out.

Riiiight.

I've spent many a drunken night listening to local bands at The Hopetoun Hotel...I'm now supposed to believe it's a bar in Japan because they hang some Japanese paintings on the wall & have a "Japanese-looking" guy behind the counter.

I'm supposed to believe The Chinese Gardens (10 minutes from CHINA TOWN) is actually Japan because there's guys running around dressed liked ninjas....

Gullible much, Kaz?

Kazenji
How is that any different with the Lord of the rings/Hobbit with them going to New Zealand for an English countryside.

Esau Cairn
dunno.

seems like a weird thing to take you out of a movie. I thought maybe you just wanted to slyly throw in how you've been to the bar where the movie was filmed.

Nah....I've always been fascinated with "behind the scenes" when it comes to movie-making.

About 10 years ago I went to California for the 1st time & the feeling of de ja vu was uncanny. There was places, buildings, roads that just felt so familiar & yet I'd never been to America before...

Then my host pointed out what movies were filmed in the area....one particular stretch of road was famous for "road trip" movies, an antique store was converted to look like a bank for SwordFish, an observatory tower was an exterior shot to BladeRunner.
Different parts of Venice Beach that were used for various tv series.

It kinda killed the magic knowing that these locations were chosen simply because they were within close proximity to all the movie studios in Hollywood.

Esau Cairn
How is that any different with the Lord of the rings/Hobbit with them going to New Zealand for an English countryside.

The difference for me is that I've never been to NZ so yeah that magic still exists that MiddleEarth is "real"...not NZ or an English country side.

BruceSkywalker

And the Japanese Temple/garden scenes is actually The Chinese Gardens, a well known tourist attraction.

smdh

Impediment
Why does the Silver Samurai look like ED-209 from Robocop had sex with a power loader suit from Aliens?

Esau Cairn
smdh

If they filmed this movie in your suburb, using places you've constantly been to... THEN pretend it's an exotic overseas location...you would understand where I'm coming from.

Kazenji
Hugh Jackman Explains why THE WOLVERINE is not WOLVERINE 2

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men_movies/wolverine_2/news/?a=80207

Rambo Moe
LOL at not actually filming in Japan.

DogAteMyWookie
Is it me or has the marketing been all over the place for this one. Teasing us with proper art for the posters and tehn releasing two horrific posters in the US and one in the UK that reminds us of X-Men Origins.

I want this film to be great and while I love X-Men First Class, I'm worried that Fox are going to slip into old habits!

Kazenji
Some early reviews

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=83420

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Impediment
Why does the Silver Samurai look like ED-209 from Robocop had sex with a power loader suit from Aliens?

not sure, but will know next saturday..

If they filmed this movie in your suburb, using places you've constantly been to... THEN pretend it's an exotic overseas location...you would understand where I'm coming from.

hahahahahahahaha.. once again thanks for the laughs.. ton of movies filmed here in los angeles often times will pretend to be someplace else so not worried about it or crying over it.. Movies are constantly filmed in Australia , but pretend to be Japan, China or someplace in the United States, its nothing knew.. it happened long before you were born and will continue to happen long after you are six feet under

Some early reviews

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=83420

I will give Arishem type judgment big grin

Esau Cairn

hahahahahahahaha.. once again thanks for the laughs.. ton of movies filmed here in los angeles often times will pretend to be someplace else so not worried about it or crying over it.. Movies are constantly filmed in Australia , but pretend to be Japan, China or someplace in the United States, its nothing knew.. it happened long before you were born and will continue to happen long after you are six feet under

As you've stated, "pretend to be Japan".

And as I've mentioned before & you seem to grasp the simplicity of my observation...The Japanese bar scene in the trailer was filmed at my local pub, 2 minutes from where I work. A pub I've frequented at least twice a week for the past 10 years.

Placing bottles of sake on the shelf & hanging up Japanese decorations on the wall does not pass it off as Japan.

BruceSkywalker
As you've stated, "pretend to be Japan".

And as I've mentioned before & you seem to grasp the simplicity of my observation...The Japanese bar scene in the trailer was filmed at my local pub, 2 minutes from where I work. A pub I've frequented at least twice a week for the past 10 years.

Placing bottles of sake on the shelf & hanging up Japanese decorations on the wall does not pass it off as Japan.

who the frack cares... I don't.. Kazenji prolly doesn't either.. can't you grasp the fact that movie studios will film in Australia and other countries, it is a way for Australia to make money and for tourists to come visit to see the places that were in movies??? Many, many cities, countries are transformed to things.. Take Tim Burton will transformed London to be Gotham, that is one example , I can give more, but I hope, hope you can understand

Esau Cairn
Dude if simple props fool you, then ignorance must be bliss.

BruceSkywalker

dude please, thats you , not me.. I don;t care and why exacty are you worried about it??? The movie commission of Australia far supercedes you.. They will let any and every movie into Australia to film so they as a country can make money so keep crying and crying about it ... The movie commission of Australia most likely don;t even know you exist so why worry about it

Kazenji

Someone didn't have an imagination when growing up......

seriously they do this all the time, Going to other places to transform it to look like another place which BruceSkywalker brought up.

Esau Cairn
Oh fer F-sake Kaz, do you really think I'm that ignorant not to realise that films get filmed in REAL PLACES ALL OVER THE WORLD?

The difference between you, Bruce S. & I is that neither of you both knows or has ever been in The Hopetoun pub in Surry Hills. It's not a place that neither of you both frequent on a weekly basis for the past 10 years NOR do you work & live in the same suburb that it's located in.

So yeah as I've stated, my imagination is hard pressed to believe it's in Japan when I'm about to walk pass the venue tonight on my way home.

Patient_Leech
The ads for this are all over TV. Never was sold on the first one, but I might get around to checking it out, cause hopefully this one will get better reactions. Hugh Jackman is awesome, so I should give his Wolverine a chance.

marwash22
So yeah as I've stated, my imagination is hard pressed to believe it's in Japan when I'm about to walk pass the venue tonight on my way home. phuck your imagination. ahah

dadudemon
dude please, thats you , not me.. I don;t care and why exacty are you worried about it??? The movie commission of Australia far supercedes you.. They will let any and every movie into Australia to film so they as a country can make money so keep crying and crying about it ... The movie commission of Australia most likely don;t even know you exist so why worry about it

lulz

On another note, it would be awesome if you and I could go see this movie. It's always nice to go with friends and talk about it afterwords.

My local friends are all busy. sad

marwash22
ddm, did you just ask him out on a date?

gotta say I'm pretty jelly. sad

dadudemon

We have had those plans for a couple of years, now. When I visit his neck of the woods, we are definitely going on a bro-date.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by dadudemon
lulz

On another note, it would be awesome if you and I could go see this movie. It's always nice to go with friends and talk about it afterwords.

My local friends are all busy. sad

perhaps after I see my first script I could fly down to Oklahoma

I think I have seen you here in los angeles sad stick out tongue . I hope you don;t sit next to me next saturday for the Wolverine big grin stick out tongue

Kazenji
Oh fer F-sake Kaz, do you really think I'm that ignorant not to realise that films get filmed in REAL PLACES ALL OVER THE WORLD?

Sounds like you are ignorant.....to alot of things.

dadudemon
perhaps after I see my first script I could fly down to Oklahoma

Sounds like a plan. Get rich and famous, mang!

BruceSkywalker
Sounds like a plan. Get rich and famous, mang!

yep.. first things first though.. my script is almost done

Kazenji
Just back from seeing this....

Harada is in the movie but unfortunately he doesn't wear no silver armor, He's a ninja for this movie

The two character changes aside

and as predicted somone was in the robot suit

its a good movie 8/10

Mindset
So a lot better than the first.

Kazenji
Yes

also stay after the movie has finished, there's a scene setting up the next X-men movie.

TheHulk
The after credits.....i already know about Days of Future past....but...I still could not help marking out XD

Wolverine deserves an 8/10

BruceSkywalker
can't wait to see this on saturday

DARTH POWER
Great movie. But end credit scene was the best scene for me. All stoked for the next movie now.

srankmissingnin
I was really liking the movie at the beginning. It starts strong with a fantastic WW2 scene of Wolverine in a Japanese interment camp right before the nukes get dropped (the placement of the scene could have used some tinkering, it's a little too serendipitous that he just happens to be reminiscing about Yashida right before Yashida's emissary shows up to collect him - I would have placed that scene when he is in the car with Yuikio looking at the sword but whatever) then continues it's upward trajectory until the last third of the movie where it completely goes of the rails. Every thing from after his fight with Shingen (which I had a lot of problems with from the stand point of the source material) to the end of the movie (end credit scene excluded) is bad. I can't divorce myself from the source material, so maybe it won't be a problem for someone who is unfamiliar or just not particularly attached to it, but I can't get over how much better the comic ended. All the changes detracted from the poignancy of the comics ending and the character arc that Wolverine was on... and frankly the last act is just goofy action figure product placement that doesn't fit with the tone of the rest of the movie.

End Credit scene was awesome.

Kazenji
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I can't divorce myself from the source material, so maybe it won't be a problem for someone who is unfamiliar or just not particularly attached to it,

I'm familiar to the source material and i was okay with it all..... no expression

yeah the X-men franchise is back on track, Unless of course your a cyclops fan then its not.

DARTH POWER

yeah the X-men franchise is back on track, Unless of course your a cyclops fan then its not.

Well I've heard Cyclops might be part of X-Force. So you never know they might redeem him yet. (Unlikely but still a possibility).

Kazenji
Sounds like that they might be using some of the recent stuff, Where Cyclops formed a black ops team.

Estacado
Just saw this it was okay.
7/10

rudester
I want to go watch this but im stuck at home huge zit..looks alive, anyways wats the plot about?

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by rudester
I want to go watch this but im stuck at home huge zit..looks alive, anyways wats the plot about?

It's about a man who becomes a wolverine. Kind of like that movie about a man becoming a spider and a man becoming a bat and a man becoming super and a man becoming a hulk and a man becoming iron and a man becoming America...

You know, really original stuff.

Robtard
Probably seeing this tonight, expecting another turd of the likes of Origins; hoping for better.

Patient_Leech
^ Fool you once, shame on them. Fool you twice, shame on you. *wags finger*

dadudemon
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
^ Fool you once, shame on them. Fool you twice, shame on you. *wags finger*

That wasn't a finger. gaspity!

Kazenji
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
It's about a man who becomes a wolverine. Kind of like that movie about a man becoming a spider and a man becoming a bat and a man becoming super and a man becoming a hulk and a man becoming iron and a man becoming America...

You know, really original stuff.

Idiot....

he was born as the Wolverine, so he can't really become that character.

Probably seeing this tonight, expecting another turd of the likes of Origins; hoping for better.

This movie is alot better then that turd.

rox
I totally marked out at the end credits

Kazenji
Marked?

Mindset
Ejaculated.

Kazenji
Ah okay.

Mindset
Did he say bub in the movie?

Esau Cairn
Ah okay.

Something to look forward to Kaz.

When you reach puberty.

Kazenji
I think he might have.

Mindset

When you reach puberty. lol

Kazenji

When you reach puberty.

And you still haven't reached it.

Esau Cairn
Yes Kaz, I can be as under-age as you want me to be... wink

Kazenji
Lame

but to this nonsense again.....

Mindset
You two need to just kiss.

Do it.

http://bit-tramp.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/1667981-creepy_smile_super.jpg

Kazenji
As long as Esau gets to kiss you first.

Darth Martin
Another case where the trailer is actually better than the move.

Meh, Hollywood just doesn't get Wolverine.

dUZC5VgBx5g

That's my dream but it'll never happen.

Kazenji
That Origins movie....Personally i think they should've done it as a trilogy

crammed too much into one movie.

Darth Martin
Nope. Convinced Fox can't do Wolverine effectively. Closest they came was in the first X-Men film.

They try to make these family friendly movies. That just isn't Wolverine.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Darth Martin

They try to make these family friendly movies. That just isn't Wolverine.

They have done family friendly Wolverine with the comics.

don't know what your ranting on about.

Darth Martin
Honestly, the best scene for me was probably seeing Picard and Gandalf at the end.

Pains me because I LOVED what they did with First Class.

http://screencrave.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/X-Men-First-Class-Magneto-2-9-11-kc.jpg

Need more of that and less of this guy who has had five feature films to try and when us over.

Kazenji
Nope. Convinced Fox can't do Wolverine effectively. Closest they came was in the first X-Men film.

Yes....

that's the only way to do Wolverine's Origin as a trilogy imo.

DARTH POWER
Honestly, the best scene for me was probably seeing Picard and Gandalf at the end.

Pains me because I LOVED what they did with First Class.

http://screencrave.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/X-Men-First-Class-Magneto-2-9-11-kc.jpg

Need more of that and less of this guy who has had five feature films to try and when us over.

I agree but I'm hyped now about DOFP after that end credit scene. And I honestly don't think Wolverine will be the main character evem if he is the one going back in time. I still think it will focus mainly on Charles and Eric but young and old.

rox
Originally posted by Mindset
Did he say bub in the movie?

Yes

dadudemon
Imma see the 1:10 showing of this. I look forward to it.

Ridley_Prime
Aside from Fox still not getting Wolverine right far as being faithful to the comics, this movie still wasn't horrible like Wolverine Origins but.. average at best. It says something when people were most excited during the credits scene than the rest of the movie.

Was expecting the Silver Samurai to appear a lot earlier in the film than he (or should I say "it" ?) did and though the revealing of SS's identity was done to be a shock factor, I feel they kinda ****ed up the character... Cutting off Wolvie's adamantium clawz was cool though.

So does that mean Logan's stuck with the bone claws again?

srankmissingnin
The Wolverine is not a good movie, it starts strong and holds it's course for a while but the last third of the movie is so terrible that it completely destroys all the good will I had up until that point. It's a shame, there is a good movie in there somewhere. A competent director free if the shackles of studio interference could fix this movie with two month of re-shoots and a trip to the editing bay. The Wolverine only had a production budged of 115 mil, FOX should have tossed another 40 into and salvaged project... of course they are the reason the movie degenerates into mindless action figure product placement in the first place so I guess it's not reasonable to to think they'd like to fix anything.

For the life of me I can't see how in a world where we have critically and financially successful Avengers and Iron Man and Batman movies FOX executives are sitting around shoehorning Batman Forever style garbage into these X-Men movies. How is it possible they are so oblivious that they haven't seen what has been working for other studios? They haven't even taken an measures to correct the crap people have very vocally maligned from the last three X films. It's the same goofy shit over and over again. It's embarrassing.

Still liked it better than Man of Steel. Not a great summer for super hero movies... at least Iron Man 3 as good.

Darth Martin
What bugged me out was he never had the extended ninja fight that we saw from the trailers. This was one of the main things that hyped me up.

The Wolverine is not a good movie, it starts strong and holds it's course for a while but the last third of the movie is so terrible that it completely destroys all the good will I had up until that point. It's a shame, there is a good movie in there somewhere. Agreed. The movie had potential and looked promising in the trailer. To it's credit, it had some strong things going for it. Maybe two mutants besides Logan in the film. The first two thirds of the film seemed to be a character driven story. They just don't know how to make Wolverine cool. The closest they came was in the first film. The only time I felt where Jackman embodied Wolverine in this entire franchise was the scene in the bar from the first X-Men. Every other time I've watched him it looks as if he's playing Wolverine. Robert Downey, Jr. became Iron Man. It's a shame, too, because I like Jackman. I blame the people behind the scenes more than I do him. He's just working with the material given. Not all of it is bad. Most the stuff with him is pretty good. It's mainly the action that is sub-par. Again, Wolverine is a violent, bloody character. You have to portray that onscreen. You can't flaunt this badass guy down our throats without proving to us why we should accept him as such.

For the life of me I can't see how in a world where we have critically and financially successful Avengers and Iron Man and Batman movies FOX executives are sitting around shoehorning Batman Forever style garbage into these X-Men movies. How is it possible they are so oblivious that they haven't seen what has been working for other studios? They haven't even taken an measures to correct the crap people have very vocally maligned from the last three X films. It's the same goofy shit over and over again. It's embarrassing. To Fox' credit, First Class was excellent.

Still liked it better than Man of Steel. Not a great summer for super hero movies... at least Iron Man 3 as good. http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Gary-Coleman-Confused-Gif-On-Diffrent-Strokes.gif

srankmissingnin
What bugged me out was he never had the extended ninja fight that we saw from the trailers. This was one of the main things that hyped me up.

Agreed. The movie had potential and looked promising in the trailer. To it's credit, it had some strong things going for it. Maybe two mutants besides Logan in the film. The first two thirds of the film seemed to be a character driven story. They just don't know how to make Wolverine cool. The closest they came was in the first film. The only time I felt where Jackman embodied Wolverine in this entire franchise was the scene in the bar from the first X-Men. Every other time I've watched him it looks as if he's playing Wolverine. Robert Downey, Jr. became Iron Man. It's a shame, too, because I like Jackman. I blame the people behind the scenes more than I do him. He's just working with the material given. Not all of it is bad. Most the stuff with him is pretty good. It's mainly the action that is sub-par. Again, Wolverine is a violent, bloody character. You have to portray that onscreen. You can't flaunt this badass guy down our throats without proving to us why we should accept him as such.

To Fox' credit, First Class was excellent.

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Gary-Coleman-Confused-Gif-On-Diffrent-Strokes.gif

FOX doesn't have the stones to do the character justice. I feel Jackman does a commendable job with what he is given in all the X films, that just doesn't end up being much. The movies never delve into the core of the character, his struggles with his rage or his struggles to redeem himself of his past sins and regain his lost honor. The crux of the character is that he has done some truly bad things, but he is striving to make up for his crimes... but the movies don't hint that he has made even the slightest transgression. It's like you said, we don't know why we are supposed care about him.

The first 2/3 of the movie is more of an neo noir introspective character study and a reflection on immortality, which was great... too bad it all of which gets dropped without any resolution so Wolverine can fight ninjas and robotic samurai armor. Really disappointing. Also, why would a studio set a movie in Tokyo and not use the city more? This movie need more neon night time city scapes.

I didn't like Man of Steel. Why is that a surprise? Most people didn't...

steverules_2
Why didn't you like MOS?

srankmissingnin
Why didn't you like MOS?

Same reason I didn't like Wolverine more or less. It's starts out decent as a character study, then degrades into standard block buster fodder to appease the masses with shot for shot remake of Agent Smith vs Neo that goes on way to long than ends on a sour note that is counter to the essence of the character. The pacing was also terrible because Synder is borderline incompetent as a director.

BruceSkywalker
just saw this.. i liked it a lot.. i have the story arc on which this is based upon.. i for one do not worry about changes because that always happens when comic books become live action films... this time around this is a much better film than X-O: Wolverine.. better action, definitely better story.. Hugh is always good as Logan.. the ladies, liked Rila as Yukio, Svetlana as Viper, and Tao as Mariko.

all in all 8/10

steverules_2
Same reason I didn't like Wolverine more or less. It's starts out decent as a character study, then degrades into standard block buster fodder to appease the masses with shot for shot remake of Agent Smith vs Neo that goes on way to long than ends on a sour note that is counter to the essence of the character. The pacing was also terrible because Synder is borderline incompetent as a director.

I think it could be hard to have Zod vs Superman and not have it come out like Neo vs Smith

Darth Martin

Man of Steel was far superior at everything. From acting, action sequences, cinematography, music, etc. the film just made this one seem laughable in comparison.

Everyone hates on the climactic battle between Zod and Superman. I get it. Superman could have tried to cause less collateral damage. Realistically, innocent bystanders should've been killed. So we're just going to act like they don't smash through buildings constantly in the comic books?

Shot for shot remake of Neo and Agent Smith? So Superman is supposed to apologize for The Matrix of all franchises attempting to copy him? Nonsense. Clearly remember everyone disliking that scene in Revolutions anyway.

Don't get me started on Iron Man 3.

Iron Man 3 - 5/10
Star Trek: Into Darkness - 8.5/10
Man of Steel - 8.5/10
Pacific Rim - 7/10
The Wolverine - 6/10

srankmissingnin
Man of Steel was far superior at everything. From acting, action sequences, cinematography, music, etc. the film just made this one seem laughable in comparison.

Everyone hates on the climactic battle between Zod and Superman. I get it. Superman could have tried to cause less collateral damage. Realistically, innocent bystanders should've been killed. So we're just going to act like they don't smash through buildings constantly in the comic books?

Shot for shot remake of Neo and Agent Smith? So Superman is supposed to apologize for The Matrix of all franchises attempting to copy him? Nonsense. Clearly remember everyone disliking that scene in Revolutions anyway.

Don't get me started on Iron Man 3.

Iron Man 3 - 5/10
Star Trek: Into Darkness - 8.5/10
Man of Steel - 8.5/10
Pacific Rim - 7/10
The Wolverine - 6/10

I don't even really know where to start.

You liked the acting in Man of Steel? The only person who showed up to do his job was Crowe... and it pains me to say that because I love Michael Shannon but even he wasn't given any thing to work in the thankless role of living in Terence Stamp's shadow. Cavill was so wooden through out the entire film. The guy doesn't have an ounce of charm or charisma in his entire body. Outside of the terrible performance from the "actress" who played Viper, overall the acting in The Wolverine was better, especially comparing the two leads, and unlike Cavill and Amy Adams their was actually some chemistry between Jackman and Tao Okamoto. Was the score better? I didn't hate it when I watched the movie, but it wasn't John Williams and like The Wolverine it was completely forgettable now that I've left the theater.

The action was better in Man of Steel, I'll give you that. The one thing Synder can do is story board and film an action scene... but that is the worst part of the movie, and it went on FOREVER. The Wolverine could have benefit from a second unit director coming into guide the action scenes. Man of Steel could have benefit from a real director coming into to direct everything BUT the action. Synder doesn't know how (or care enough) to get a good performance out of an actor and it showed it. He just wants to do cool fight scenes... I expect more than that when I go to the movies.

Don't get me started on Pacific Rim... actually just read everything bad I said about Cavill and replace his name with Charlie Hunnam.

Tzeentch._
lol.

Nope.

Kazenji
Srank is just too high brow for alot of things.

dadudemon
I give Wolverine 5-6 out of 10. Don't know how I feel about it. It was the biggest let down in a long long long long time.

I mean...half of the people posting on this forum could have written a better script. That's how bad I think the film was.

But...it still had awesome stuff. Enough to make me not drop it below a 5.

jaden101
You really expected anything more than mediocre? After origins? More fool you. I'm going into this with low expectations and will at least not come out disappointed. I'm learning to do this a lot. The 3 films of the last couple of years I really looked forward to were all letdowns. Man of Steel, Prometheus and Star Trek Into darkness.

Kazenji
People had high expectation's for this movie?

only one i had was, I was hoping it was better then the Origins movie and it was.

Darth Martin
I don't even really know where to start.

You liked the acting in Man of Steel? The only person who showed up to do his job was Crowe... and it pains me to say that because I love Michael Shannon but even he wasn't given any thing to work in the thankless role of living in Terence Stamp's shadow. Cavill was so wooden through out the entire film. The guy doesn't have an ounce of charm or charisma in his entire body. Outside of the terrible performance from the "actress" who played Viper, overall the acting in The Wolverine was better, especially comparing the two leads, and unlike Cavill and Amy Adams their was actually some chemistry between Jackman and Tao Okamoto. Very much so. I thought everyone did a good job. No weak links at all. Sure, Shannon wasn't as badass as some of us hoped he would be but that's not entirely a bad thing. He portrayed the character from a sympathetic standpoint. Like we knew he was the antagonist but could also see his motivations and how he thought he was doing the right thing. Crowe killed it. Period. Costner also was very effective as Pa Kent. Every scene he was in he came through. Amy Adams was the only major character who I didn't feel was superb. But that doesn't mean she was bad. She could have been ALOT worse(Katie Holmes). Was the love story between Clark and Lois as fleshed out as you may have hoped? Probably not. Again, not a bad thing. I went to see a Superman film. Not an episode of Lois & Clark. Cavill nailed Superman. I'm sorry but I'm hearing "lack of charisma" and I'm just thinking what did he have to do to impress you. You want jokes like Iron Man 3 or Bayformers? Please..... He was fine.

Was the score better? I didn't hate it when I watched the movie, but it wasn't John Williams and like The Wolverine it was completely forgettable now that I've left the theater. Blasphemy. Not even going to debate this.

The action was better in Man of Steel, I'll give you that. The one thing Synder can do is story board and film an action scene... but that is the worst part of the movie, and it went on FOREVER. The Wolverine could have benefit from a second unit director coming into guide the action scenes. Man of Steel could have benefit from a real director coming into to direct everything BUT the action. Synder doesn't know how (or care enough) to get a good performance out of an actor and it showed it. He just wants to do cool fight scenes... I expect more than that when I go to the movies. Atleast you can admit to MOS being superior from an action standpoint. It really isn't at all close. Only film of the genre with action arguably better is Avengers. More shitting on Snyder as a director. I thought he did just fine. Was the film perfect? Negative. Did he make a Superman as badass as it potentially could be, all the while improving on the dreadful Superman Returns, and effectively breathing life into the franchise? In my opinion, yes. He wants to do cool fight scenes? I'm glad you brought that up because I, honestly, don't see one director doing fight scenes quite as good as Snyder right now in comic book movies. From 300, to Watchmen, to now Man of Steel his fight scenes(and action sequences in general) remain supreme. Even the fight between Jor-El and Zod on Krypton looked better than almost ALL of the Nolan Batman fight scenes. Let's not take his action prowess for granted. Nor the look of his films. The cinematography is beautiful. Much more so than Wolverine(although I did feel this was an improvement over Origins).

Don't get me started on Pacific Rim... actually just read everything bad I said about Cavill and replace his name with Charlie Hunnam. Pacific Rim was an inferior film to Man of Steel IMO as my ratings justified. It's a fun, cheesy, action flick with no brains. Not for everyone. Charlie Hunnam played a generic role(everyone in that film did), sure, but it wasn't terrible.

Patient_Leech
Any movie with a director named "Mangold" can't fail.

jinXed by JaNx
I give Wolverine 5-6 out of 10. Don't know how I feel about it. It was the biggest let down in a long long long long time.

I mean...half of the people posting on this forum could have written a better script. That's how bad I think the film was.

But...it still had awesome stuff. Enough to make me not drop it below a 5.

I agree. It's definitely a disappointing, Wolverine movie but as for being just another conventional action movie it is satisfying. However, i don't think it ever becomes anything more than standard. After about halfway through the movie i stopped watching for the story and found myself waiting only for the next action sequence. This isn't to say the story is a complete waist. It's certainly more coherent and deep than the last Wolverine movie but i don't feel the potential was ever realized. I think that can also be said for the action. Although some of the action was thrilling some of it felt uninspired, at least when you consider the type of characters the Director had to work with.

I don't mean to condemn the movie and i would in fact recommend it to those that seem interested. If you're on the fence i would say pass or wait for dvd. If you were excited to see this and haven't gotten around to doing so yet ii'm sure you'll have a good time.

the ninjak
I often have conversations with friends about a more adult/violent Wolverine.
And their responses are "you can't have the Logan you want in modern day cinema cause the industry is focused on family viewing".

Though I dislike Fox X-men films (though First Class had it's strengths) I still believe in this day and age of mature TV shows and edgy comic themed films that we can one day have the Wolverine film fans have always wanted.

But it will never happen as long as FOX retain the rights. Which unfortunately will always remain so.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>