Thor vs S2 Goku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheHulk
No BFR,No prep who wins?

BloodRain
Still Thor.

TheHulk
Originally posted by BloodRain
Still Thor. Based on? And lol first time i ran into you XD mostly i stick to the Comic versus forum XD

remigio_coldez
I'm sure GOKU can snatch that HAMMER.

BloodRain
Originally posted by TheHulk
Based on? And lol first time i ran into you XD mostly i stick to the Comic versus forum XD
So we're meeting again for the first time mhmm

Thor is able to react to anything Goku has, and due to his physical strength being massively above anyone in DB, getting tagged would end it for him. Thor has the power to one-shot Goku, can also survive his strongest attacks.

Originally posted by remigio_coldez
I'm sure GOKU can snatch that HAMMER.
Thats if it finds him worthy.

TheHulk

Thor is able to react to anything Goku has, and due to his physical strength being massively above anyone in DB, getting tagged would end it for him. Thor has the power to one-shot Goku, can also survive his strongest attacks.

Thats if it finds him worthy. ummm maybe we met once i can't remember lol

Yea Thor has close to lightspeed reaction and yea this is the most stupid thing about DB characters..they have the power to easily destroy a planet but they don't have the power to tank a city busting punch -_-

Goku is as pure hearted as you can get...hell i say his "niceyness" is a little and just a little more than Supermans..

Astner

TheHulk

Gecko4lif
ummm maybe we met once i can't remember lol

Yea Thor has close to lightspeed reaction and yea this is the most stupid thing about DB characters..they have the power to easily destroy a planet but they don't have the power to tank a city busting punch -_-

Goku is as pure hearted as you can get...hell i say his "niceyness" is a little and just a little more than Supermans..
Being worthy doesnt have shit to do with being pure hearted.

that being said even if he is a idiot goku is actually a true warrior and so he could lift it

The only time he touches mjolnir is when it caves his skull in

TheHulk
Originally posted by Gecko4lif

that being said even if he is a idiot goku is actually a true warrior and so he could lift it

The only time he touches mjolnir is when it caves his skull in Yea i kinda realise that already....

So you have to be a honorable warrior eh? Sounds reasonable....

Lololol yea No way Goku could survive a hammer throw...SS2 Goku might though....

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Gecko4lif

The only time he touches mjolnir is when it caves his skull in I agree Goku might be able to lift it.

TheHulk
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I agree Goku might be able to lift it. thumb up

KAIKAGE
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I agree Goku might be able to lift it. I agree too, Goku is every bit as worthy as Thor if not more so, he's as pure as superman if not more so and is every bit as honourable in battle as Thor, and at super saiyan 2 Goku should at least be able to disarm Thor or at least grab the hammer and take control of it, and then the vast majority of Thor's power will be added to Goku's super saiyan 2 power, and Goku could still transform up to super saiyan 4 or the new super saiyan god form, and if that happens I think Thor would be screwed.

BloodRain
No Z character has the physical might to manage to disarm Thor, assuming they don't receive a hammer to the face for getting close.

KAIKAGE
No Z character has the physical might to manage to disarm Thor, assuming they don't receive a hammer to the face for getting close. This really depends on what interpretation of Thor were talking about, like superman Thor's upper limits are what the writers decide for that specific situation, and I assume your thinking of the Thor that lifted a planet sized serpent. It is just typical that you guys only ever base your arguments on the ultimate incarnations of characters like Thor and superman instead of their common incarnations, its obvious you people greatly prefer comics to anime so why don't you guys stick to the comic forums instead of the anime forums, I can't help but feel you comic fanboys come to these anime forums to gang up and tell us how much better you THINK all your comic book characters are than the anime characters based on your biased preference.

BloodRain
I don't read or pay much attention to comics, barely know anything about Thor. And DB is still one of my favourite anime's from growing up with it. Facts are still facts, even if I favour DB (greatly).

And ultimates? Isnt that the same for DB's 'common' showings being far below their actual feats?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by KAIKAGE
I agree too, Goku is every bit as worthy as Thor if not more so, he's as pure as superman if not more so and is every bit as honourable in battle as Thor, and at super saiyan 2 Goku should at least be able to disarm Thor or at least grab the hammer and take control of it, and then the vast majority of Thor's power will be added to Goku's super saiyan 2 power, and Goku could still transform up to super saiyan 4 or the new super saiyan god form, and if that happens I think Thor would be screwed.
yeah, if not more so

Based
SSJ4 Goku got this. SSJ2 gets stomped.

TheHulk
This really depends on what interpretation of Thor were talking about, like superman Thor's upper limits are what the writers decide for that specific situation, and I assume your thinking of the Thor that lifted a planet sized serpent. It is just typical that you guys only ever base your arguments on the ultimate incarnations of characters like Thor and superman instead of their common incarnations, its obvious you people greatly prefer comics to anime so why don't you guys stick to the comic forums instead of the anime forums, I can't help but feel you comic fanboys come to these anime forums to gang up and tell us how much better you THINK all your comic book characters are than the anime characters based on your biased preference. If this is wankage...lol you never been to the lounge forums..there wankage is worst than his.expect their wanking Anime characters....

TheHulk
Originally posted by Based
SSJ4 Goku got this. SSJ2 gets stomped. SSJ4 True he beats Thor...but how about SSJ3??

KAIKAGE
If this is wankage...lol you never been to the lounge forums..there wankage is worst than his.expect their wanking Anime characters.... Ease up on the wankage term will you, don't come here insulting fans for being fans, true some fans can get a bit extreme, but don't insult every fan for backing there side of the versus thread because it differs from your opinion.

BloodRain
SS4 has City level strength and is 3% lightspeed. His strong charged attacks will damage Thor.

Thor will still survive for a while. With his speed and strength he'll still hammer-tag SS4 Goku, who wont last as long.

TheHulk
Ease up on the wankage term will you, don't come here insulting fans for being fans, true some fans can get a bit extreme, but don't insult every fan for backing there side of the versus thread because it differs from your opinion. Umm i ain't insulting you in anyway..i'm just saying the wankage in the Lounge forum is worse than how we hype the comic char in this forum,in your eyes at least,hell they say even yamcha back in DB! note not DBZ but freaking DB Yamcha can beat Hulk -_-

TheHulk
SS4 has City level strength and is 3% lightspeed. His strong charged attacks will damage Thor.

Thor will still survive for a while. With his speed and strength he'll still hammer-tag SS4 Goku, who wont last as long. Despite the fact i am skeptical about SSJ4 Goku having city busting strength...it is a fact Almost all DB,DBZ,DBGT chars lack Physical fts...all those surviving planet busting attacks are energy durability...physical durability is a almost whole different story...

KAIKAGE

Thor will still survive for a while. With his speed and strength he'll still hammer-tag SS4 Goku, who wont last as long. Yes but that is GT your talking about, you really can't take its feat limits seriously, I mean goku's base form which is supposed to be around buu's level couldn't handle one little building when back in dragon ball z a super saiyan 3 level battle would shake apart a planet with the force of their blows, the physical strength that would take goes far beyond city lifting, heck when goku was super saiyan 2 he counter a dive bomb from orbit from kid buu with brute strength and it did a serious number on the planet, and by Gt Goku's base form is supposed to equal that.

BloodRain
Despite the fact i am skeptical about SSJ4 Goku having city busting strength...it is a fact Almost all DB,DBZ,DBGT chars lack Physical fts...all those surviving planet busting attacks are energy durability...physical durability is a almost whole different story...
It was against one of the dragons that started submerging part of a city. Goku flew under it, went SS4 and pushed it back up. Unknown how much he pushed up though.

Yes but that is GT your talking about, you really can't take its feat limits seriously, I mean goku's base form which is supposed to be around buu's level couldn't handle one little building when back in dragon ball z a super saiyan 3 level battle would shake apart a planet with the force of their blows, the physical strength that would take goes far beyond city lifting, heck when goku was super saiyan 2 he counter a dive bomb from orbit from kid buu with brute strength and it did a serious number on the planet, and by Gt Goku's base form is supposed to equal that.
SS1 GT Goku is around Buu's level, and I don't recall a SS3 battle shaking the planet with punches.

The best strength feat in Z is the vollyball from SS3Gotenks which made a Town level (Below City level) crater, though unknown to whether the rings around Buu were explosive or not.. likely as otherwise it would just be the same as a punch.

SS3Gotenks is 8x stronger than SS3Goku.

TheHulk
It was against one of the dragons that started submerging part of a city. Goku flew under it, went SS4 and pushed it back up. Unknown how much he pushed up though. I actually meant Skeptical about SSJ4 *only* having city busting strength lol sorry.

BloodRain
Only mean his physical strength. Ki blasts are still far above their punches.

Freeza saga base Goku's best kick was City block level.

Buu saga SS3 Gotenks best punch was below Town level.

Even by that scale SS4 having City level strength fits with this increase.

Yamcha
Goku is impressive, he's ridiculously powerful but sadly I don't feel like he could stand up to Thor, Mjolnir alone would be able to deal with any ki related attack I would think...If Thor used all of his powers I could see him taking a vast majority but personally I feel he could probably fight like a brick and take this he's just one of those comic characters out of the DBZ league in my opinion

TheHulk
Originally posted by Yamcha
Goku is impressive, he's ridiculously powerful but sadly I don't feel like he could stand up to Thor, Mjolnir alone would be able to deal with any ki related attack I would think...If Thor used all of his powers I could see him taking a vast majority but personally I feel he could probably fight like a brick and take this he's just one of those comic characters out of the DBZ league in my opinion and so says Yamcha,one of the weakest Z fighter of all time evil face

Yamcha
and so says Yamcha,one of the weakest Z fighter of all time evil face
http://i49.tinypic.com/rrjel3.jpg

carver9
Goku stomps. Super Saiyan Goku stomps at lol and Goku not being able to hurt Thor let alone ko him. Stop basing everything on these characters high showings and look at their average.

TheHulk
Originally posted by carver9
Goku stomps. Super Saiyan Goku stomps at lol and Goku not being able to hurt Thor let alone ko him. Stop basing everything on these characters high showings and look at their average. Lol thats how everyone does it Carv....look at all high showings...and lol even averagely Thor can tank city busting attacks while Base/average Goku can barely punch down a building stick out tongue

KAIKAGE
Lol thats how everyone does it Carv....look at all high showings...and lol even averagely Thor can tank city busting attacks while Base/average Goku can barely punch down a building stick out tongue And let me guess your basing that on what you saw in GT.

BloodRain
Hulks got a point, using 'averages' dramatically lowers DB.

-Best destruction feats come from a few (only 2 shown, more implied) planet busting ones. Average strong ki doesn't do this much damage.
-Durability comes from Freeza surviving the planet exploding, and characters taking those ki blasts. Average has them falling to (at most) Town level physical punches, plus using the average ki blast.
-Speed feats only come from Snake way and Gotenks' two feats, and scaling from those 3. Average speed feats are not at these Massively Hypersonic levels, like Freeza taking a while to fly a few km.

Even though the average showings from DB has them far from Planetary or MHS, we still all agree they are because they have shown to be able to do so.

carver9
Uuuuummmm, when did Goku ever had a problem punching down buildings?

TheHulk
And let me guess your basing that on what you saw in GT. I did not finish even a quarter of GT...I gave that up already and only read the story...

TheHulk
Uuuuummmm, when did Goku ever had a problem punching down buildings? The most basic thing they did that showed average strength was punching down ironically Hulk size boulders...lol most evident. When SS Goku final round with Frieza at fullpower...and other Irony the best high end showing was in that final round...

Damborgson
Goku wouldn't even be able to keep his super saiyan aura on. Thor would drain him dry.

Goku would probably run circles around him in combat speed, but Thor's taken hits from a lot stronger punchers than Goku. Goku on the other hand, has not taken Mjolnir. Or Thor's lightning.

TheHulk
Originally posted by Damborgson
Goku wouldn't even be able to keep his super saiyan aura on. Thor would drain him dry.

Goku would probably run circles around him in combat speed, but Thor's taken hits from a lot stronger punchers than Goku. Goku on the other hand, has not taken Mjolnir. Or Thor's lightning. thumb up

JakeTheBank
Thor. Mjolnir's the perfect counter for DBZ characters.

TheHulk
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Thor. Mjolnir's the perfect counter for DBZ characters. True...lol can we say the same for Stormbreaker?

Luffygear4
THOR right? ssj2 is impressive, i mean earthbusting impressive, but THOR isnt limited to his current state while goku is to ssj2... i give it to THOR.

carver9

Goku would probably run circles around him in combat speed, but Thor's taken hits from a lot stronger punchers than Goku. Goku on the other hand, has not taken Mjolnir. Or Thor's lightning.

This isn't a CISless battle...Thor isn't draining anyone here. Lol...Thor isn't withstanding Goku blitzing the hell out of him with class 100 punches. Thor isn't hitting Goku, Thor isn't blasting Goku. Thor is wide open to any attack Goku wants to hit Thor with. You all are not getting it...

carver9
Hulks got a point, using 'averages' dramatically lowers DB.

-Best destruction feats come from a few (only 2 shown, more implied) planet busting ones. Average strong ki doesn't do this much damage.
-Durability comes from Freeza surviving the planet exploding, and characters taking those ki blasts. Average has them falling to (at most) Town level physical punches, plus using the average ki blast.
-Speed feats only come from Snake way and Gotenks' two feats, and scaling from those 3. Average speed feats are not at these Massively Hypersonic levels, like Freeza taking a while to fly a few km.

Even though the average showings from DB has them far from Planetary or MHS, we still all agree they are because they have shown to be able to do so.

There you go lowballing again.

dadudemon
This isn't a CISless battle...Thor isn't draining anyone here. Lol...Thor isn't withstanding Goku blitzing the hell out of him with class 100 punches. Thor isn't hitting Goku, Thor isn't blasting Goku. Thor is wide open to any attack Goku wants to hit Thor with. You all are not getting it...

Thor has never fought so fast that "regular eyes" would be unable to follow the movements. Thor simply is not fast enough to keep up with Goku, base-level.

And before the comic book butthurt starts pouring in because Thor can keep up with and tag speedsters: that's hyperbolic writing that I reject and throw out. Bad writing on Thor's character.

Threads like these should not be made. 616 Thor is not the same even within 616. It varies from author to author. So, for threads like these, I would prefer someone name a specific iteration of Thor and the clust**** of variation from the entirety of 616.

Damborgson

Something Thor has repeatedly done throughout his history isn't CIS off mode bro. We're talking draining, not soul sucking.

Thor's taken repeated beatings from the Hulk and gotten up asking for more. Goku can't keep up with that physically.

Of course Thor will hit Goku. Just like he's hit Surfer, Hpyerion, Gladiator, Quicksilver, and the many other speedsters he's fought.

Just saying "no he won't" isn't an argument.
Originally posted by dadudemon

And before the comic book butthurt starts pouring in because Thor can keep up with and tag speedsters: that's hyperbolic writing that I reject and throw out. Bad writing on Thor's character.

What you choose to accept hardly matter. Thor's got a history of keeping up with speed. He's had a hard time with the little guys from time to time, but has had just as many more more good showings against the big boys. If you're going to pick and choose what to accept and reject, It'll be easy enough to reject Goku's speed period. It's bad writing on his character.

Supra

Thats if it finds him worthy.

If anyone could lift it besides Thor, it would be Goku

psycho gundam
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir193-EnergyAbsorptionAEMH.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir149-EnergyAbsorption.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir184-EnergyAbsorptionv222.jpg

dadudemon

carver9
It's sad when Thor say Wolverine is too fast for him. The only way he is hitting Goku is if Goku allowed it. Thor had never fought anyone that fight in the fighting fashion Goku does. Saying he fought Surfer and Gladiator is all nice and dandy but he would get blitzed just like Surfer and Gladiator would if thety fought Goku.

Damborgson

BloodRain
There you go lowballing again.
That was the point.

If a bunch of high-end or even high-average feats from Thor are to be flat out ignored, why not do the same to DB?

" Even though the average showings from DB has them far from Planetary or MHS, we still all agree they are because they have shown to be able to do so."

carver9
That was the point.

If a bunch of high-end or even high-average feats from Thor are to be flat out ignored, why not do the same to DB?

" Even though the average showings from DB has them far from Planetary or MHS, we still all agree they are because they have shown to be able to do so."

The crazy thing about your posts are, you keep basing things off of collateral damage, it doesn't work like that and anyone who knows anything about DBZ knows this. Sad thing, you all entire argument is based entirely off of collateral damage. Is this an anime thing? Is this how you all debate. You might as well say Frieza>>>Cell or Nappa>>>>>Tien. It's a terrible way to debate and on AVERAGE, Goku is above planetary and collateral damage doesn't change this.

Supra
SSJ God Mode ftw!

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by psycho gundam
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir193-EnergyAbsorptionAEMH.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir149-EnergyAbsorption.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir184-EnergyAbsorptionv222.jpg

Goodbye, ki.

dadudemon
That is a horrifically flawed way of thinking. Throughout Thor's history, he's had his highs and lows of course.

Alright, you've admitted that I am right. That's as much as any reasonable person could hope for in a comic book fanboy. You've satisfied my interest this discussion, already.

Which is what is used in forum fights to make things fair.

I've been around this forums for years: that's not what people use in vs. debates regarding Thor. Nice try, but you won't be able to use that. I know how it works.

Thor isn't like a manga character who has one really long story where powerlevels flux immensely. He'll have his low, his high, and his average. All of which are taken into consideration and an average is figured. It's why Thor is a high herald and not an abstract. He's certainly hurt enough of the big boys to justify it. But only a fool would call him one. erm

Wrong: people use his high-end feats in vs. discussions in the comic book vs. forum. They don't try to approach it with an "average" either. And since Thor has some absurd outliers (both low and high), an average is not appropriate. An average that does not include at least 5 high and low extremes would be more appropriate. If we were to use that, the top 5 high end and low end feats are thrown out. Then you're left with a plethora if low end feats (because there are quite a few of this) and the high end feats being thrown out. We have a Thor that is not nearly as strong as most retards debate him as.

No they can't lol. They'd be retarded if they did that. "Thor" with no elaboration, suggests standard Thor. Why the hell would you think any other way? The thread starter isn't saying" Goku vs Thor*

*Possibly King Thor, Rune King Thor, Mortal Thor, B&T Thor, Old King Thor, Teen Thor, etc."

laughing out loud

Thor is Thor. With his bad speed showing and his good ones. You can lowball if you'd like and someone else will highball him. Averages however are the way to go. If you don't read enough of him to know what average, it's not my problem.

Wrong. If you believe as such, you're obviously ignorant of how varied Thor actually is (and your post indicates you are not which means you're just trolling). Thor is so varied it's stupid. As specific version of Thor needs to be specified because "Thor is not Thor."

You're inability to discuss more complicated character with non-bullet train histories doesn't have anything to do with what comic fanboys would say. If that's not what you're trying to say, it's what you're suggesting.

"Inability?"

laughing laughing laughing laughing

Your intellectual limitations are the only inability in this discussion. You literally do not get it. Not all iterations of Thor are the same.

You don't know a thing. laughing out loud Much less what gets me bent out of shape.

Says the guy that admitted I was right.

remember this:

"King Thor, Rune King Thor, Mortal Thor, B&T Thor, Old King Thor, Teen Thor, etc."

hahahahahahaha

You think (and I can understand your logic to a point) that Thor needs to be specified with different writers. Such as a JMS Thor right? In that case, it would work because JMS Thor is typically considered OF Thor. But if you're seriously trying to say that every varying interpretation of Thor, or a Thor written by a different writer needs to be specified that way like "Jurgens Thor" or "Fraction Thor" "AvX Thor" or some such, you need some help there. Thor throughout his history has had his different incarnations of course, but those are specified. And VIA Forum rules unless also specified, a character goes in with his standard gear. So you thinking simply saying "Thor" means he has an entire arsenal of his weapons throughout time at his disposal, is flawed thinking.

If I intended that to be what I meant, then I would have stated that. Sure, many writes have different versions of Thor, but not all writers have different versions of Thor. Some are similar. It is when we have stupid version of Thor getting pwned by low-end contenders that we should throw that shit out. Also, the absurdly high end bull-shit should be thrown out, too. lol at your reply, here.

"Thor" means standard, high herald, Mjolnir wielding Thor. It's really not complicated unless you try to make it complicated like you seem to be doing. In Goku's case, had it just said "Goku" I'd have assumed he'd get everything he usually has. SSJ3 capabilities, maybe some senzu, things like that.

Wrong: Goku, in SSJ2, can be hugely varied. Thor is MUCH worse than that. At least, with Goku, you can specify which chronological arc and it scales: not so with Thor because Thor is all over the place. You have to be very very specific with Thor.

So, yeah. What you choose to accept hardly matters. smile

Wrong: what you choose to acknowledge hardly matters since I'm inexorbly correct and you woefully ignorant. Wallow in your ignorance all you want: I'm still right.

Imagine if I did that. "No. Goku can't blow up planets. It hurts his character and creates too many inconsistencies." Wow that was easy.

That'd obviously be incorrect, thought. That's what you don't get: planet busting was an early established feat for beginning DBZ characters. That's the problem with your logic and why it fails.

Damborgson
Alright, you've admitted that I am right. That's as much as any reasonable person could hope for in a comic book fanboy. You've satisfied my interest this discussion, already.

Ok lol? taking my statement out of context satisfies you? Cool. Feel free to get lost if you're so satisfied stick out tongue But you won't. Because you're not.

I've been around this forums for years: that's not what people use in vs. debates regarding Thor. Nice try, but you won't be able to use that. I know how it works.

yeah...obviously you don't. I'd love for you to go and use that in the VS forum though thumb up "NO. I REJECT THOSE SHOWINGS. SPECIFY WHICH INCARNATION OF STANDARD THOR WE'RE USING!" laughing out loud

Wrong: people use his high-end feats in vs. discussions in the comic book vs. forum. They don't try to approach it with an "average" either. And since Thor has some absurd outliers (both low and high), an average is not appropriate. An average that does not include at least 5 high and low extremes would be more appropriate. If we were to use that, the top 5 high end and low end feats are thrown out. Then you're left with a plethora if low end feats (because there are quite a few of this) and the high end feats being thrown out. We have a Thor that is not nearly as strong as most retards debate him as.

Not quite. An average Thor, is a high herald Thor. That's how he's viewed even with the super mega high end ridiculous feats he has.
Now why could that be? Oh, because he's being averaged down. no expression

Well of course. Depending on the discussion. But those high end feats (and I mean the real high end feats) are not used to prove that Thor can beat a peer with. It's not like you'll see someone saying "Thor clearly beats Thanos because he knocked out the PF." Know what I'm saying?

Damborgson

Wrong. If you believe as such, you're obviously ignorant of how varied Thor actually is (and your post indicates you are not which means you're just trolling). Thor is so varied it's stupid. As specific version of Thor needs to be specified because "Thor is not Thor."

I don't think I'm trolling. I found your post fairly funny though so I felt like hassling you a bit. Not much more to it.

Thor is Thor though. That's what you can't get apparently. If Thor's being lowballed, the poster gets called on it. If he's being highballed, he also gets called on it. Until a standard power level is reached. That's really not difficult to understand. From your posts, I can infer that you actually believe in what you're saying, and it's kinda depressing. /shrug. Thor's a lot more simple to argue with than you're trying to make him be.

You are correct about something though. Thor is very varied. It's the reason averages are there though. Throwing out horrendously low end feats, and not using super high end feats either because those aren't as consistent with history as Thor's averages are.

"Inability?"

laughing laughing laughing laughing

Your intellectual limitations are the only inability in this discussion. You literally do not get it. Not all iterations of Thor are the same.

Yes sir. Inability. That you're even arguing what you are is more then enough proof.

Damborgson

Says the guy that admitted I was right.

remember this:

"King Thor, Rune King Thor, Mortal Thor, B&T Thor, Old King Thor, Teen Thor, etc."

hahahahahahaha

Dadu...relax XD Of course I agree with some of what you're saying. I just disagree with most of it. If you're going to pretend you find that hilarious for some reason, I simply won't give any slack and just hammer the point down over and over smile

anyway though

...What? confused You actually think people get confused over what Thor is being used when only "Thor" is specified? The only reason other titles like that are specified is to stray from classic standard power level Thor.

If I intended that to be what I meant, then I would have stated that.
You don't need to slap me in the face and straight up word for word your intention. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/renske.gif It's easy enough to infer.

Sure, many writes have different versions of Thor, but not all writers have different versions of Thor. Some are similar. It is when we have stupid version of Thor getting pwned by low-end contenders that we should throw that shit out. Also, the absurdly high end bull-shit should be thrown out, too. lol at your reply, here.

Holy Crap. Do you know what you just did there? You just averaged Thor. laughing Well done my friend thumb up

Wrong: Goku, in SSJ2, can be hugely varied. Thor is MUCH worse than that. At least, with Goku, you can specify which chronological arc and it scales: not so with Thor because Thor is all over the place. You have to be very very specific with Thor.

What on Earth are you talking about? laughing out loud SSJ2 Goku is...SSJ2 Goku. The one who fought Majin Vegeta and in the anime, kid buu for a bit.

Comparing him to Thor's variation is...interesting anyway.

Wrong: what you choose to acknowledge hardly matters since I'm inexorbly correct and you woefully ignorant. Wallow in your ignorance all you want: I'm still right.

Ignorant? About many things yes. But on this. This is your ego not accepting its wrong. I've been there many times thumb up

That'd obviously be incorrect, thought. That's what you don't get: planet busting was an early established feat for beginning DBZ characters. That's the problem with your logic and why it fails.

But why? Most of their attacks shown rarely blow up mountains let alone planets. It's too much inconsistency for me. I need specifications!

BloodRain
The crazy thing about your posts are, you keep basing things off of collateral damage, it doesn't work like that and anyone who knows anything about DBZ knows this. Sad thing, you all entire argument is based entirely off of collateral damage. Is this an anime thing? Is this how you all debate. You might as well say Frieza>>>Cell or Nappa>>>>>Tien. It's a terrible way to debate and on AVERAGE, Goku is above planetary and collateral damage doesn't change this.
So if I asked you to show me all of DB's power and speed feats, you'll be able to post tons that by themselves show planetary+ power and MHS (or FTL) speed feats to make it them average? Because every unknown strength attack just comes from powerscaling one characters single feat.

(Note, not actually saying DB characters are only Hypersonic+ Mountain busters, )

psycho gundam
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Goodbye, ki. light work

Zack Fair

Seriously? So you get to discard feats just like that?

Damborgson
well, he tried to discard feats like that. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/excellent.gif

Zack Fair
Awesome I shall now apply this tactic in life.

KAIKAGE
Thor has never fought so fast that "regular eyes" would be unable to follow the movements. Thor simply is not fast enough to keep up with Goku, base-level.

Threads like these should not be made. 616 Thor is not the same even within 616. It varies from author to author. So, for threads like these, I would prefer someone name a specific iteration of Thor and the clust**** of variation from the entirety of 616. Exactly, that's the problem with characters like Thor and Superman, their feats and upper limits change like the weather to fit the story or to suit the author. The people who make these threads need to state what interpretation of their characters there talking about like what generation and whether it is the comic character or the cartoon character, because from what I've seen there's a big difference between the comic versions and the cartoon versions.

TheHulk
Exactly, that's the problem with characters like Thor and Superman, their feats and upper limits change like the weather to fit the story or to suit the author. The people who make these threads need to state what interpretation of their characters there talking about like what generation and whether it is the comic character or the cartoon character, because from what I've seen there's a big difference between the comic versions and the cartoon versions. Have you ever been to the Comic Versus forum? if not go there and see how we debate,what you are saying right now is as good as bashing everyone who argues in the Comic Versus forum. No better yet complain to the mods LOL!

edit:i just saw your post history and you never been in the Comic Versus forum,okay seriously who are you to judge how we make a thread when things fly differently when it comes to Comics What the f**k?

JakeTheBank
Actually, Thor has moved faster than not just the human eye before on one occasion, but also faster than what Heimdall could perceive. Heimdall is the guy who can see an ant crawling on the Great Wall of China from Asgard and can perceive cosmic phenomenons like you or I could spot a rain cloud.

In any case, if even you want to dismiss all the times Thor's tagged speedsters, he still has omni-directional attacks, and a hammer that can home in on a target when thrown (which can range from supersonic speeds to grossly beyond lightspeed).

Thor's power set, namely Mjolnir, is just too much of a metagame against the likes of DBZ characters.

Omega Vision
I believe the conclusion in the Thor vs Vegeta match was that Vegeta drains himself with energy blasts that Thor absorbs through Mjolnir.

NemeBro

Interesting point of view, considering Walt Simonson's run, the definitive run on the character, had Thor being described as "fast as the lightning he wields" and blitzing and out-speeding space-faring Skyfathers like Surtr.

CosmicComet
Thor has few concrete physical speed feats, but he has thrown a punch or two within a microsecond. --A microsecond is enough time for light to move about a thousand feet, so quite good--

It's a hella old feat, but take it for what you will.

Personally, its probably more like outlier territory, but if taken serious you have to give Thor the speed edge by far.

NemeBro
A punch in a microsecond would be less than mach 3,000.

That isn't out of Goku's speed range.

Marvel is shitty with speed in general. If you have super speed, better hope to God that it is your only power, because otherwise it will be entirely plot-dependent.

CosmicComet
It's more like mach ~9000.

No one in DBZ thus far that I know of has demonstrated this level of physical speed or thought process (maybe in Battle of the Gods which I doubt I'll see anytime soon), seeing as a whole second doesn't feel like hours or anything to them. Afterall, 30 minutes is considered a somewhat short amount of time for them, not a long amount.

We have SSJ Goku failing to outrun Kid Buu's not even remotely lightspeed vanishing ball attack that blew up the Earth--we know the scene takes place in real time seconds since Mr. Satan was in the scene and witnessed it just fine--and we also know that in DBZ that your flight speed is above your physical speed as Goku notes on Snake Way.

So Goku runs, and thus moves his limbs in general, at speeds slower than his flight speed.

edit: Thor also has that one feat where he builds a fairly large tower with his bare hands, in no more than a minute iirc.

NemeBro
It isn't mach 9,000, unless you believe his fist traveled three meters (Thor is only like two meters tall). Or, if he did indeed throw like three punches in a microsecond.

CosmicComet
Messed up on some mental math. It's actually more like Mach 900 (if we assume Thor's fist only traveled a single foot), not 9000.

KAIKAGE
Have you ever been to the Comic Versus forum? if not go there and see how we debate,what you are saying right now is as good as bashing everyone who argues in the Comic Versus forum. No better yet complain to the mods LOL!

edit:i just saw your post history and you never been in the Comic Versus forum,okay seriously who are you to judge how we make a thread when things fly differently when it comes to Comics What the f**k? Someone's touchie LOL laughing

-Pr-
Exactly, that's the problem with characters like Thor and Superman, their feats and upper limits change like the weather to fit the story or to suit the author. The people who make these threads need to state what interpretation of their characters there talking about like what generation and whether it is the comic character or the cartoon character, because from what I've seen there's a big difference between the comic versions and the cartoon versions.

No, they really don't.

NemeBro
To be fair, comics do have a bad habit of making their character forget their powers.

Sometimes it is fairly rare and so obvious no one takes it seriously (Flash's showing against Deathstroke in Identity Crisis), but Thor should not be getting blitzed by Wolverine, Spiderman, or some other popular street level to low meta character, considering his showings.

-Pr-
Originally posted by NemeBro
To be fair, comics do have a bad habit of making their character forget their powers.

Sometimes it is fairly rare and so obvious no one takes it seriously (Flash's showing against Deathstroke in Identity Crisis), but Thor should not be getting blitzed by Wolverine, Spiderman, or some other popular street level to low meta character, considering his showings.

Well yeah, that's the writers having no imagination and using plot to justify shit.

Was speaking more about high showings than low ones, though.

TheHulk
Someone's touchie LOL laughing There is a difference between being touchie and stating facts....

KAIKAGE
There is a difference between being touchie and stating facts.... Well if you were just stating facts then you would have stated them in a less angry and aggressive way, your reaction to my harmless comment was obviously touchie.

Omega Vision
Well if you were just stating facts then you would have stated them in a less angry and aggressive way, your reaction to my harmless comment was obviously touchie.
The sky appears blue because of Rayleigh Scattering, you son of a *****!

TheHulk
Well if you were just stating facts then you would have stated them in a less angry and aggressive way, your reaction to my harmless comment was obviously touchie. I'm touchie only towards complete,utter,pissed off,terrible pure ass bullshit.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Omega Vision
The sky appears blue because of Rayleigh Scattering, you son of a *****! Like hell it does! It's reflecting the water, dumbass!

TheHulk
Btw lol Mjlonir just found Hulk worthy so yea prob Goku is worthy too XD

KAIKAGE
I'm touchie only towards complete,utter,pissed off,terrible pure ass bullshit. And you don't find it pathetic that your getting this worked up over nothing. laughing

KAIKAGE
And why on earth has this thread been moved to foreign cinema??? What the f**k? confused

TheHulk
And you don't find it pathetic that your getting this worked up over nothing. laughing To you it's nothing...

TheHulk
And why on earth has this thread been moved to foreign cinema??? What the f**k? confused This

BloodRain
Foreign Cinema is used as the unofficial All Vs Forum, so Comic vs Anime/Manga goes here.

Impediment
And why on earth has this thread been moved to foreign cinema??? What the f**k? confused

The Foreign Cinema Forum is dead, so now this is the All Versus Forum.

Spread the word! We need more threads and activity.

Just please read the rules.

Cross genre matches only, please.

Tell all of those guys in the Comic Versus Forum!

TheHulk
Lol okay but what about the Anime versus? Strictly just Anime characters?

juggerman
Lol okay but what about the Anime versus? Strictly just Anime characters?

And manga

TheHulk
^okay

Terryc250

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by Impediment
The Foreign Cinema Forum is dead, so now this is the All Versus Forum.

Spread the word! We need more threads and activity.

Just please read the rules.

Cross genre matches only, please.

Tell all of those guys in the Comic Versus Forum!

Can't the name be changed at all? I took me quite a while to figure out this forum and how it functions currently (i assume some others did as well).

Nevan
Originally posted by CosmicComet
It's more like mach ~9000.

No one in DBZ thus far that I know of has demonstrated this level of physical speed or thought process (maybe in Battle of the Gods which I doubt I'll see anytime soon), seeing as a whole second doesn't feel like hours or anything to them. Afterall, 30 minutes is considered a somewhat short amount of time for them, not a long amount.

We have SSJ Goku failing to outrun Kid Buu's not even remotely lightspeed vanishing ball attack that blew up the Earth--we know the scene takes place in real time seconds since Mr. Satan was in the scene and witnessed it just fine--and we also know that in DBZ that your flight speed is above your physical speed as Goku notes on Snake Way.

So Goku runs, and thus moves his limbs in general, at speeds slower than his flight speed.

edit: Thor also has that one feat where he builds a fairly large tower with his bare hands, in no more than a minute iirc.
There are multiple feats that surpass that in the original manga and BOG has a MFTL feat

Supra
Why is is S2 Goku and not SS3 or SS4? If Thor is at full power then so should Goku

ScreamPaste
It wouldn't make a difference.

Supra
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
It wouldn't make a difference.

Maybe. I just dont see how Goku could not stand up to Thor, I mean Goku has fought some really tough people and won, he never gives up.

TheHulk
Originally posted by Supra
Maybe. I just dont see how Goku could not stand up to Thor, I mean Goku has fought some really tough people and won, he never gives up. So has Thor and other Superman like characters eek!

Supra
So has Thor and other Superman like characters eek!

Goku would not just fall over and play dead, he can take a beating like no one else.

Placidity
Thor way too slow.

ScreamPaste
Thor has tagged much faster characters.

Placidity
Thor has tagged much faster characters.

Does Thor have super speed on Goku's level?

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Nevan
There are multiple feats that surpass that in the original manga and BOG has a MFTL feat

Name them. We have SSJ Gotenks taking almost an entire minute to fly to Fat Buu's house, which if we assume was on the other side of the planet would be a mach 1000+ feat. Less if it was closer. People fly to other spots in DBZ because they cannot run as fast as they fly--ergo, their physical muscular speed is less than their flying speed.

And no, BOG does not, other than an implied flying speed.

We have Goku and Bils fighting at a speed where water droplets look like they are simply falling in slow motion, but not even remotely frozen.

Placidity
People fly to other spots in DBZ because they cannot run as fast as they fly--ergo, their physical muscular speed is less than their flying speed.

Possibly. But there are other reasons why one would fly rather than run - namely you can fly in a straight path where as there would be obstacles to running. Flying could also be more energy efficient.

Either way, in DBZ I don't believe there is a clear cut "muscular speed", or "muscular" anything really. It's more complicated than that, it's tied in with their ki.

CosmicComet
Their ki is tied to their physical conditioning though.

A stronger body can have more ki.

As for for energy efficiency, think about this, flying actually uses ki, whereas them running simply uses their cardiovascular system.

But nah, their flight is faster than their muscular speed. As seen by when they take a running start just before they take off, and in the same length of time, their running takes them nowhere near as far as their flight speed does.

Lord Lucien
Their ki is tied to their physical conditioning though. Which is bullshit when you notice the ridiculous discrepancies between Frieza and Nappa. Or Cell and Gohan. Or anyone and anyone else. Seriously, WTF?

Nevan
Name them. We have SSJ Gotenks taking almost an entire minute to fly to Fat Buu's house, which if we assume was on the other side of the planet would be a mach 1000+ feat. Less if it was closer. People fly to other spots in DBZ because they cannot run as fast as they fly--ergo, their physical muscular speed is less than their flying speed.

And no, BOG does not, other than an implied flying speed.

We have Goku and Bils fighting at a speed where water droplets look like they are simply falling in slow motion, but not even remotely frozen.
1) Multiple ki blast reaching far into space in seconds and Gotenks circling the earth multiple times before we see the earth rotate any significant distance

2) It was less than a minute

3) Whis travels from another solar system to earth in less than a day which makes him more than a thousand times c

BloodRain
Whis also travels to King Kai's planet in another dimension.. its hardly normal flight.

vansonbee
Thor hammer vs. Goku being able to grab it. Personally I feel he can, its similar to Goku magic cloud that could only carry pure of hearts. Though it belong to Roshi (cloud), he could not ride it.

Wei Phoenix
Thor wins.

VoidLord
Thor has tagged much faster characters. Like who? Silver Surfer? That clown got blitzed by Ganymede

Thor has been blitzed by Spiderman, Mongoose, Wolverine and he couldn't even hit Quicksilver without an AOE Attack

Goku at SSJ2 Can destroy galaxies in the blink of an eye,

Goku blinks = Thor dies

TheHulk
Originally posted by VoidLord
Like who? Silver Surfer? That clown got blitzed by Ganymede

Thor has been blitzed by Spiderman, Mongoose, Wolverine and he couldn't even hit Quicksilver without an AOE Attack

Goku blinks = Thor dies It's either you are from the lounge forums or you are another DBZ wanker.

Factchecker
Thor one shots

juggerman
Originally posted by VoidLord

Goku blinks = Thor dies

Just curious when goku has ever destroyed a galaxy at all, let alone with an eye blink. I must have missed that page/episode

Zack Fair
LOL@Goku SSJ2 blowing up Galaxies in the blink of an eye

pym-ftw
What did SSJ4 Goku do exactly that Thor couldn't.

bbrem123
current goku shits all over thor...dbz character are becoming overpowered after this last movie

bbrem123
Originally posted by pym-ftw
What did SSJ4 Goku do exactly that Thor couldn't. Being not canon

ScreamPaste
I haven't heard anything game changing. Especially nothing to get around Mjolnir.

bbrem123
you guess know that bills placed his finger on ss2 vegeta in the head and koed him. Goku can compete with him...no way in hell thor does anything here

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by bbrem123
you guess know that bills placed his finger on ss2 vegeta in the head and koed him. Goku can compete with him...no way in hell thor does anything here
That's not that big of a deal, though. Physical power was never the Z fighters' forte, it was ki projection. I still need to see the movie, but until I know how powerful Bills is and whether he compares I can't make the call. What I have seen so far does not point to a gamechanger, and Mjolnir still has it's energy absorption.

bbrem123
they punch eachother through mountains on the regular. They beat the hell out of eachother physically. What show are you watching?

ssj3 goku vs kid buu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBLzLn447RQ

Lord Lucien
Physical power was never the Z fighters' forte, it was ki projection. The very weakest of incarnations of DBZ characters regularly withstood the physical force necessary to pulverize countless tons of solid rock. The second weakest villain in the series casually tore holes through military-grade metal. A little 7 year old Saiyan through rocks hard/fast enough they bored holes through solid rock. There are times when two characters fists or knees make contact and the shockwaves crack stone and kick up debris. None of these feats required effort on their part. Immense physical power has always been the Z fighters' forte.

What show were you watching?

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
The very weakest of incarnations of DBZ characters regularly withstood the physical force necessary to pulverize countless tons of solid rock. The second weakest villain in the series casually tore holes through military-grade metal. A little 7 year old Saiyan through rocks hard/fast enough they bored holes through solid rock. There are times when two characters fists or knees make contact and the shockwaves crack stone and kick up debris. None of these feats required effort on their part. Immense physical power has always been the Z fighters' forte.

What show were you watching?
A lot of that stuff isn't in the manga, and anyway, all of those characters could do much greater things with ki projection than physical blows. All of them.

Nappa rips a wing? His ki blast levels a city or something, (forget, been a long time) Frieza punches Goku into a hole? His ki attacks can bust planets. So on and so forth.

During the Buu saga base Goku was stated to struggle with 40 tons. shrug[/csm All in all, Dragonball is nutty inconsistant with that, but meh.

Their ki will always and has always been greater, thoguh, that is their strength. (Forte is literally french for strong or strength, I forget which).

Unfortunately for DBZ characters, Mjolnir.

ares834
It's sad when Thor say Wolverine is too fast for him. The only way he is hitting Goku is if Goku allowed it. Thor had never fought anyone that fight in the fighting fashion Goku does. Saying he fought Surfer and Gladiator is all nice and dandy but he would get blitzed just like Surfer and Gladiator would if thety fought Goku.

lol, would Supes blitz Thor then as well?

bbrem123
A lot of that stuff isn't in the manga, and anyway, all of those characters could do much greater things with ki projection than physical blows. All of them.

Nappa rips a wing? His ki blast levels a city or something, (forget, been a long time) Frieza punches Goku into a hole? His ki attacks can bust planets. So on and so forth.

During the Buu saga base Goku was stated to struggle with 40 tons. shrug your statement about them being physically weak is wrong. The have the physical strength and some to put thor down. Never mind adding in the crazy speed as well

ScreamPaste
your statement about them being physically weak is wrong. The have the physical strength and some to put thor down. Never mind adding in the crazy speed as well I never said they were 'physically weak'. I said physical power isn't their forte, and that is true. Thor has the durability and damage soak to handle anything I've ever seen from a DBZ character. shrug They lack a way to handle Mjolnir's energy manipulating powers.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by ares834
lol, would Supes blitz Thor then as well? Of course not.

Superman is a DC.

ScreamPaste
Anyone actually seen BOG yet?

bbrem123
nahh you need to wait till it hits dvd...then you can get the english sub

which should be soon tho

Lord Lucien

During the Buu saga base Goku was stated to struggle with 40 tons. shrug You're right about their physical "power", the ability to inflict damage with their body parts. But physical "strength" as taken to be "endurance"--nope. Cut in half, drained of energy, duck-faced, and having a planet explode around him, still wasn't enough to destroy Frieza's tattered remains. Non-SSJ, already injured, and Vegeta's body still withstands 400Gs. Their "punching power" may be inconsistent, but their physical endurance is f*cking enormous. I don't know what Mjolnir can do, but it better be able to deliver more damage than an exploding planet did to Frieza's nearly-dead body. Except... you know, to SSJ2 Goku.

ares834
It can. Easily.

In his battle with Gorr, Thor was hitting him so hard that nearby planets were shattering.

Link.

ScreamPaste
You're right about their physical "power", the ability to inflict damage with their body parts. But physical "strength" as taken to be "endurance"--nope. Cut in half, drained of energy, duck-faced, and having a planet explode around him, still wasn't enough to destroy Frieza's tattered remains. Non-SSJ, already injured, and Vegeta's body still withstands 400Gs. Their "punching power" may be inconsistent, but their physical endurance is f*cking enormous. I don't know what Mjolnir can do, but it better be able to deliver more damage than an exploding planet did to Frieza's nearly-dead body. Except... you know, to SSJ2 Goku.
I dunno, man, their endurance when put against physical blows seems to be vastly different than their endurance to ki and energy attacks.

The simple fact that their ki and energy attacks are so much more powerful and yet they can be physically blocked with the forearms without exploding a character who takes similar damage from the punches and kicks of his enemies makes me think as much.

As for Mjolnir and Thor, they are not short on destructive feats. Most recently in God of Thunder Thor was shattering planets and moons with the shockwaves from his attacks against an enemy. He's harmed Surtur with it and hurt galactus in the past.

The real problem though is that mjolnir can manipulate energy, IE ki. It can absorb, drain, and deflect it and stuff. It has other exotic powers, too, but yeah.

Also, Thor's fought inside the sun and other stars before, and even did so again in issue 9 of God of Thunder, where the collateral damage from his blows was wrecking things, and has durability and damage soak that I don't think any Z fighter could possibly get through. shrug

Lord Lucien
Woah wait wait wait... Thor's hammer can manipulate an energy that doesn't exist in his own fictional universe? blink

Can he manipulate the Force, too?

Zack Fair
Magic is tricky like that and there is chi/ki in marvel iirc.

Lord Lucien
F*cking comics... I'm glad I don't read them.

Zack Fair
Dont be hating. Lots of good reads in comics.

it is just that the main marvel/DC universes are really vast and have a lot of history behind them.

bbrem123
Im glad thor is getting the beast showings he should be having. Bout damn time!

ScreamPaste
Im glad thor is getting the beast showings he should be having. Bout damn time!
You should really read God of Thunder, then, only 9 issues so far, not much to catch up on. Has some glorious shit in it.

bbrem123
I am definitely gonna have to pick those issues up

Wei Phoenix
F*cking comics... I'm glad I don't read them.

You're mad because chi and ki, two forces that weren't created by Marvel or Toriyama exist in the Marvel universe?

iscaremonkeys
thor would lose to the freaking Kiaoken times 4.

Wei Phoenix
No.

NemeBro
Thor's been getting some beast as **** showings lately.

Casual FTL combat with Gorr (Even young!Thor has FTL reaction-time and shit, though he can't fly), Mjolnir hitting so damn hard that nearby planets begin to break apart, etc.

ares834
There was nothing suggesting that they fought at FTL speeds. All they did was fly at such speeds not fight at it.

NemeBro
Originally posted by ares834
There was nothing suggesting that they fought at FTL speeds. All they did was fly at such speeds not fight at it. You mean other than Gorr being sent flying several lightyears in moments, only for Old King Thor and current Thor to be there to continue the assault momentarily?

Try harder assclown.

ares834
That means jack shit. Once again they flew there at light speed, but there is no indication they fought at light speed.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>