Darth Bane -vs- Luke Skywalker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

§hroud
http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww231/Thallah/LukeBane_zps7c6b809b.png

Darth Bane, during the beginning of Dynasty of Evil, is whisked away by the Force to Dromund Kaas.

Bane, upon wandering into the Dark Temple, immerses himself in the Dark Force energies there, meditating on them.

Elsewhere, the current incarnation of Luke Skywalker is whisked away by the Force and arrives on Dromund Kaas, at the entrance of the Temple.

He walks in, and Bane turns around from his kneeling position.

He arises, and the two face each other.

Without a word, there is a hiss-snap as Bane lights his saber.

Luke realizes this is a Sith Lord, but does not know who he is.

He wants to defeat this Sith Lord, but in typical character, he doesn't want to give into the Dark side by killing him.

Bane of the Sith recognizes before him, a powerful Jedi Master - he doesn't want to hold back, and will indeed kill Luke if he can.

The two take deep stances, and prepare to hurl themselves at one another.

Jedi Mom
Luke lol

Lighter332
i'm going with Luke here

Jedi Mom
11 votes with 2 replies.

I smell socks.

Hehe. excellent

ROTJ Vader
Luke duh.

Ascendancy
The main thing with Luke here is that he's so inconsistent. We have him dominating some powerful Force users, then finding himself unable to step up and destroy enemies like Lumiya, Alema Rar, etc.

Luke is the most powerful mortal Force user in the lexicon, but he's just hesitant at so many points. Even against Palpatine he didn't work to crush him at the outset. He had Leia to aid him there, and is certainly more powerful here, but his unwillingness to go all out may cost him.

Q99
Still, it's not like he loses either. He just doesn't let lose and win.

tarfeef101
First of all, they are in the temple on Dromund Kaas, which is extremely potent with dark side energies. This gives Bane a huge advantage, and hinder's Luke's abilities.

Both are skilled duelists, but Bane's abilities have ben proven against countless Sith, including Kas'im, who was a far better duelist than anyone Luke has ever faced. On the other hand, Luke's physical condition is likely better than Bane's (depending on the exact time of this event). Bane's hand tremor's would be quite costly in lightsaber combat.

In terms of the force, both are very powerful. While Luke is a grand master and son of the chosen one, Bane is the Sith'ari. This means they are both incredibly powerful, and it is unlikely either would be able to effectively use something like force choke. However, Bane is extremely proficient in force lightning. He proved this on Tython, and later in DoE against Darth Zannah. This would help him stay fresh in the battle, as his physical exertion would be lessened.

In summation, this would be an intense battle, but Bane would emerge victorious. His skills are closely linked to battle and aggression, and his advantage of the dark side nexus would result in Luke's death and Bane's victory.

Jedi Mom
no

rots sidious>bane
yoda=sidious (roughly)
luke>yoda

Pwned
Originally posted by Jedi Mom
no

rots sidious>bane
yoda=sidious (roughly)
luke>yoda A>B>C logic does not work. Don't try to use it.

In response to the post above, Luke has actually defeated somebody much more powerful than anyone Bane has: Sidious.
Nobody Bane has ever fought is at the tier Sidious is. Kas'im is rougly Caedus tier, whom Luke manhandled. And humiliated.

Q99
Originally posted by Pwned
A>B>C logic does not work. Don't try to use it.

Eh, it's not the end-all, but it can be a starting point.

Pwned
I said don't use it. miffed

NemeBro
A>B>C logic does not work. Don't try to use it.

In response to the post above, Luke has actually defeated somebody much more powerful than anyone Bane has: Sidious.
Nobody Bane has ever fought is at the tier Sidious is. Kas'im is rougly Caedus tier, whom Luke manhandled. And humiliated.

You uh, do realize that you said not to use A>B>C logic, and then used it, right?

I mean, to reword your argument...

Luke > Sidious > Kas'im =?= Caedus, therefore Luke wins.

Pwned
Originally posted by NemeBro
You uh, do realize that you said not to use A>B>C logic, and then used it, right?

Luke > Sidious > Kas'im =?= Caedus, therefore Luke wins. Troll successful.

And I misphrased in that case, I had meant to use them as basic comparisons, not as, "Well since A beat C who equals B the A>C"

Especially in a jacked up universe like Star Wars.

NewGuy01
Luke can probably pull out a win here.

Vensai
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Luke can probably pull out a win here.

He's Luke, of course he can.

tarfeef101
In repsonse to all who say Luke beat sidious, he never did anything to him in his original form. That was all Anakin. As for his clone, the clone was not nearly as powerful as the original. And Kas'im may not as powerful in force strength, but his lightsaber fighting skills were the best in the galaxy, and Bane could hold his own against him. Luke has not shown such prowess in Saber combat.

Jedi Mom
Originally posted by tarfeef101
As for his clone, the clone was not nearly as powerful as the original.
trololol

Galan007
In response to the post above, Luke has actually defeated somebody much more powerful than anyone Bane has: Sidious. Curious, when did Luke ever defeat a healthy Palpatine w/o aid?

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by Galan007
Curious, when did Luke ever defeat a healthy Palpatine w/o aid?

In fan-fiction

Arhael
No, no and just no. Caedus is Luke's tear.

Luke sneak attacked him from behind, which gave him significant advantage at the beginning. On top of that Luke demonstrated on Caedus far more lethal and deadly performance than ever. And despite all of that Caedus still heavily battered him in return. Brining Cardus in this thread is completely misplaced and unnecessary.

tarfeef101
exactly

NewGuy01
Caedus is Luke's tier--with a lightsaber. But he's no match for Luke's TK, hate to break it to you.

Ascendancy
I also enjoy how many people ignore the situation during the fight: Caedus utilized the Vong environment to his advantage where he could. Caedus was not at Luke's level in a head to head saber duel. He only survived the day because Luke allowed him to, which is again the very weakness I see possibly causing Luke's death here.

Zampanó
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
In fan-fiction
Into the Storm has been declared canon.

Lighter332
Luke wins. Luke is immune to Banes death-cocoon.

Pwned

KuRuPT Thanosi
How is this even a fight?

Lighter332
Luke is completely invincible in every conceivable way. Bane cannot harm him.

Luke is basically God.

tarfeef101
I'm sorry but Caedus is in no way at Luke's tier. Luke is the most powerful jedi of his time, and also mastered the Baran-Do techniques faster than Jacen. That is by far the most important fact to decide this. Also Caedus was decent when in a rage, and then was average. Jaina defeated him, and Luke can defeat Jaina. And he definitely would have less emotional qualms about killing Caedus than Jaina did.

Ascendancy
Originally posted by tarfeef101
I'm sorry but Caedus is in no way at Luke's tier. Luke is the most powerful jedi of his time, and also mastered the Baran-Do techniques faster than Jacen. That is by far the most important fact to decide this. Also Caedus was decent when in a rage, and then was average. Jaina defeated him, and Luke can defeat Jaina. And he definitely would have less emotional qualms about killing Caedus than Jaina did.

That's just the thing, though: he had several chances to kill Caedus and didn't, which is exactly why she went to train with the Mandos to learn how to take him down.

Arhael

Lighter332

Arhael

§|gn

Darth Banus
Luke all the way, but i think bane is still one of the few that will cause him to work up a sweat @ very least.

Dolos
Bane could win if he had the Orbalisks.

Without them Luke is more powerful, despite Bane's advantage of the Dark Side.

GM Skywalker
Luke wins.

axel_jovan
Originally posted by Dolos
Bane could win if he had the Orbalisks.
Nah, Luke still mops the floor with him.

Nephthys
I agree that Bane has a chance to win with the orbalisks. Especially given that this threads location is the Dark Temple. Even without them he has the possibility of doing that drain for a win.

Originally posted by Arhael
I don't deny that Luke's TK might be superior. But that superiority is negligible.

Er, no:

'Luke's StealthX nudged him again from behind-how? Caedus couldn't see. Force push? Something metallic inside the fuselage shrieked. He had a sense of someone rummag-ing furiously in the drives as if looking for a dropped hydrospanner, throwing fragments into the coils. He's ripping the thing apart...

Caedus tried to block Luke in the Force and suddenly got an idea of just how much power Luke could muster. His seat shot forward, sheared off the runners, tipped to one side, and he hit the console at an angle before he could buffer the collision with the Force. Something cracked in his chest. Pain flared, stopping his breathing. Then he was aware of brilliant white light coming right at him. In the moments before he managed to veer off to starboard, al-most blinded, he got a glimpse of a StealthX's uneven out-line with two grappling arms extended, and the sense of a Jedi other than Luke.'

Jacen tries to block Luke with the Force and Luke proceeds to fracture his collarbone. A direct contest between them shows that Luke is the clear superior.

GM Skywalker
Originally posted by NemeBro

Luke > Sidious > Kas'im =?= Caedus, therefore Luke wins.

lol

truejedi
speaking of Luke's and Jacen's TK abilities,don't forget when Luke wouldn't let Jacen move a muscle after picking him up and throwing him into his chair. Jacen couldn't even get his finger to twitch until Luke let him go.

NewGuy01
Luke wins.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Luke has the superior force feats and the superior blade work.. the question is.. how does he not win?

The Ellimist
how does Luke survive if Bane jumps and smashes?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.