DCnU Superman Vs Beta Ray Bill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
Who wins?

carver9
Beta Ray 8 or 9/10 but fights hard for each win.

Batman-Prime
^laughing

Rage.Of.Olympus
Superman bench pressed the Earth, clearly he one shots Bill into oblivion.

Anyways, I think Superman would beat Bill for a close 6/10. If the current Superman is on the level of his Pre-Flashpoint level, he wins. If not he losses. Imo, Bill beats anybody except the cream of the crop of High Heralds.

quanchi112
Bill wins.

Stoic
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Anyways, I think Superman would beat Bill for a close 6/10. If the current Superman is on the level of his Pre-Flashpoint level, he wins. If not he losses. Imo, Bill beats anybody except the cream of the crop of High Heralds.

I'm with on this,except for one thing, I think Bill is the cream of the crop. It's the crazy speed that would get Bill.

-Pr-
At this point, it's not hard to argue that Superman is at or around his pre-flashpoint levels. The concentration of feats in the last year and a half has been borderline ridiculous.

He can win, but it'll be close.

abhilegend
Superman.

Batman-Prime

thumb up At least you are reasonable. I would say split.

guy222
Bill slight edge

Golgo13

Good call. thumb up

armedforbattle
I think bill wins. But it definitely isn't 9/10.

More like 5.5-6/10

Originally posted by Stoic
I think Bill is the cream of the crop.
thumb up for sure. Definitely one of the best in marvel.

JakeTheBank
Reeeeally close fight.

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Reeeeally close fight.

Happy Dance Where have you been buddy? Good to see you back.

JakeTheBank
lol hey Carver. I've had some internet and rl issues - nothing too wild, though. Good to be back.

Golgo13
lol hey Carver. I've had some internet and rl issues - nothing too wild, though. Good to be back.

Have you ever used the libraries internet?

JakeTheBank
I did, but you have like an hour or two limit at least at mine.

Damborgson
You're not getting your title back in case you're wondering. I'm the All-Father around these parts nowadays. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/uhuh.gif

Good to see you back. stick out tongue

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Damborgson
You're not getting your title back in case you're wondering. I'm the All-Father around these parts these days. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/uhuh.gif

Good to see you back. stick out tongue

You've been a nice steward to the throne, my son.

And thank you lol

abhilegend
Dambo is more like Lady Sif to Jake's Thor and Rage's Odin.
ha-som

JakeTheBank
If Rage is Odin, he's undoubtedly Fraction's psychotic and bi-polar Odin.

abhilegend
You're Bendis Thor and Dambo is Simmonson's Sif who prefers horses.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by abhilegend
Bendis Thor

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-jSzeb_3uFoM/TxNQGBN53aI/AAAAAAAAAoY/95VmMxRil1Y/s1600/flipping-table-gif.gif

eaebiakuya
Dcnu Superman can tank Brb attacks ?

Damborgson
You're Bendis Thor and Dambo is Simmonson's Sif who prefers horses.

Pffft beats being a testicle-less, dork, shopping pal to Lois Lane. Abhi? smokin'

CosmicComet
DCnU Superman's balls haven't dropped yet

-Pr-
Guys, back on topic please.

keiththegreat
If Superman uses his speed at it's best, this is a non fight. In a standard comic book fight, Superman wins a hard fought victory.

curryman
Originally posted by keiththegreat
If Superman uses his speed at it's best, this is a non fight. In a standard comic book fight, Superman wins a hard fought victory.

Bill has plenty of options also, you act like Superman's being held back more than Bill laughing

keiththegreat
Originally posted by curryman
Bill has plenty of options also, you act like Superman's being held back more than Bill laughing

what options does he have to deal with a speed blitz?

curryman
what options does he have to deal with a speed blitz?

His ability to react to fast than light movement?

keiththegreat

When has he successfully reacted to a speed blitz at FTL speeds before? Do u have any evidence of that? Every time I've ever seen him speed blitzed it hit him. Superman read every medical book ever written in minutes.

CosmicComet

If you can 'react' at lightspeed, that means you are moving your body at that speed.

Bill CANNOT move his arms or legs anywhere near that.

If he could simply 'see' at that speed yet not move his body anywhere near that fast, then his own body's speed would be a statue to him, meaning he would get hit anyway.

It's a sham distinction made by those who don't know any better in comic discussions. You cannot react fast without BEING fast.

curryman
When has he successfully reacted to a speed blitz at FTL speeds before? Do u have any evidence of that? Every time I've ever seen him speed blitzed it hit him. Superman read every medical book ever written in minutes.

Have you ever seen any evidence of him being speedblitzed? Has anyone ever tried to speedblitz him? He doesn't have that many fights to his name.

Surfer hit him with his board I guess but that's hardly any proof him being weak to speed. It's not like Superman's not been hit....

eaebiakuya
Bill dont fighted against surfer at Ftl speed ? They fighted and at the same time his ship was moving in their back.

curryman
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
Bill dont fighted against surfer at Ftl speed ? They fighted and at the same time his ship was moving in their back.

Unless it's explicitly stated you'll never see a concession from the Superman fans smile

And for the record; I don't have a problem with Superman being faster, I think he is. I just disagree with the notion that Superman will somehow ultra outspeed Bill.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by eaebiakuya

That's not a combat speed feat. They are both flying at the same speeds thus in a straight course. Any extra movements/turns/spins etc that they do while going at that flying speed is not lightspeed+ just because they are flying at that speed. That's like saying All-Star Superman turning his head to look back at the Earth while flying into the blue sun is a faster than light feat because he's flying faster than light. No. He had several seconds of time, so that's plenty of time to turn your head.

It's like saying your combat speed is 100 mph if you're in a shoot out with another car going at 100 mph.

curryman
Originally posted by CosmicComet
That's not a combat speed feat. They are both flying at the same speeds thus in a straight course. Any extra movements/turns/spins etc that they do while going at that flying speed is not lightspeed+ just because they are flying at that speed. That's like saying All-Star Superman turning his head to look back at the Earth while flying into the blue sun is a faster than light feat because he's flying faster than light. No. He had several seconds of time, so that's plenty of time to turn your head.

It's like saying your combat speed is 100 mph if you're in a shoot out with another car going at 100 mph.

Does Surfer have faster than light reactions?

keiththegreat
Superman had to manually find and grab flip through the pages of all those books within minutes and read them. That's speed BRB has never had to contend with.

curryman
Superman had to manually find and grab flip through the pages of all those books within minutes and read them. That's speed BRB has never had to contend with.

Then I stand in awe with Superman's bookreading-speed.

JakeTheBank

I guess Bill is doomed if this is a speed-reading competition, then.

Villelater
speed reading? uhh...look at the scan...Superman was looking for Specific words...equels if you asked him exactly what each said he might NOT be able to tell you

pym-ftw
Superman has an eidetic memory...

Bill 6/10 for now

keiththegreat
It means superman can move his hands faster than anyone bill has ever faced. Bill is a weaker version of Thor and considering how many People have one shot Thor lately it doesn't look good for bill.

JakeTheBank
Define "recently" and who's one shot the guy? I've been reading Uncanny Avengers, Avengers, and Thor: God of Thunder, and nothing from any of those books suggest he's been "depowered". Unless we're cherry picking low showings for Thor.

Silent Master
Define "recently" and who's one shot the guy? I've been reading Uncanny Avengers, Avengers, and Thor: God of Thunder, and nothing from any of those books suggest he's been "depowered". Unless we're cherry picking low showings for Thor.

They are, the board has been flooded with bait posts/threads recently.

abhilegend
Does Surfer have faster than light reactions?
Not even close to it. He's at best below spider-man level in reflexes.

-Pr-
He's not below Spider-Man. Don't bait, please.

abhilegend
I'm not baiting, at all. He's fought spidey three times in three different eras and spidey blitzed him all three times. Its not just an isolated showing.

-Pr-
It doesn't have to be isolated to be retarded.

abhilegend
Its not retarded and its not just spider-man. Midnight sun has blitzed him, Ganeymede has blitzed him etc. Surfer literally has no reflex feats to call his own outside of a nanosecond statement which ironically quasar, Daredevil, Captain America and a number of other character with no superspeed have. All below spidey level in reflexes. Surfer is just like Thor, he just uses a board to travel instead of mjolnir.

-Pr-
I know all about Surfer. I know about his low feats.

I asked you to stop already.

abhilegend
Originally posted by -Pr-
I know all about Surfer. I know about his low feats.

I asked you to stop already.
Ok. May I ask what are his high feats reflex wise?

curryman
Not even close to it. He's at best below spider-man level in reflexes.

Reflexes or agility? smile

abhilegend
Reflexes.

carver9
You are a brave man ABHI. Brave guy. I think we should get off of the subject of Surfer speed and get back to the battle just like Pr said. As for the fight, ould go either way.

armedforbattle
You couldn't possibly read a book that fast logically. You would just tear out every page... Oh wait, Comic book logic!

CosmicComet

Agility depends on heavily reflexes and muscle strength/coordination in the first place.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.