Beta Ray Bill vs Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armedforbattle
BrB vs Sentry (no void)

No prep or BFR
In character
Fight in space

carver9
Sentry.

JakeTheBank
Bill.

armedforbattle
What majority's are they taking?

Good to see you Jake! big grin

JakeTheBank
Thanks!

And, idk, Bill probably like 6 out of 10 assuming Bob isn't being an idiot.

carver9
Don't see how Bill is beating Bob.

quanchi112
Sentry stomps.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
Don't see how Bill is beating Bob.

Stormbreaker.

Damborgson
Sentry without any void influence, is going to fall short to Bill.

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Stormbreaker.

Sentry just seems like he is on another level.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
Sentry just seems like he is on another level.

Sentry's the top tier sucktastic character of the recent decade.

quanchi112
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Sentry's the top tier sucktastic character of the recent decade. You are wrong.

Damborgson
Sentry looks awesome

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/sentrym_zps6b5638e5.png

Unfortunately he spent too much time doing that:

http://muchadoe.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/sentry.jpg

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by quanchi112
You are wrong.

He's powerful when he's on his A-Game, sure, but as far as a character goes, Marvel completely messed up. Perhaps if they just kept him with Jenkins instead of letting Bendis get a hold of him, but even so, his very inception more or less rewrote history all to cater to him and his backstory. I appreciate the "darker take" on the whole Superman aspect, but really, by the time Siege rolled around, Sentry was a complete mess through and through. They don't even reference him anymore.

SevenShackles
I can see bill taking no void sentry by a slight majority. Bob just as Bob came across way to inconsistent and tactically inept Without outside influence (including his inner-outward influence the void) BRB skills in combat and consistent usage of his powers in combat (unlike that one vs molecule man feat sentry has) just makes me feel he would scratch by with 6/10.

tkitna
Bob caves Bills horse face in.

-Pr-
Without Void, Bob would be lucky to be upper high herald, tbh.

Eternal Idol
Beta Ray Bill breaks Bob's face.

armedforbattle
Originally posted by -Pr-
Tiers within tiers.
Tierception

curryman

If he's high-high then who's low-high?

-Pr-
Originally posted by curryman
If he's high-high then who's low-high?

I don't consider him to be high high in general. You could make the argument for it, but I don't agree with it. He's always been a mid herald to me.

Low high? I dunno really, i'd have to think about it.

curryman
I don't consider him to be high high in general. You could make the argument for it, but I don't agree with it. He's always been a mid herald to me.

Low high? I dunno really, i'd have to think about it.

I was just a bit confused by your statement, that Sentry would be in the high-end of high herald, is all smile

I agree.

-Pr-
Originally posted by curryman
I was just a bit confused by your statement, that Sentry would be in the high-end of high herald, is all smile

I agree.

I was just trying to be diplomatic, I guess.

The Sorrow
Bill wins on average but Sentry would stomp that ass at his best.

bbrem123
at best sentry is high high herald easy and would stomp BRB...being his average in character mental case he will have a tough time with bill if he doesnt bfr himself first.

h1a8
Well the Sentry in his conception was probably trans level or higher.
The Sentry who fought Genis and broke Terrax axe like a twig.

the Darkone
BRB 6/10, Sentry was a complete nut case!

pym-ftw
I think Sentry is high herald all around, just cis prevents him from being a top tier similar to absorbing man.

That said bill breaks him 8/10

Tornatic
Originally posted by the Darkone
BRB 6/10, Sentry was a complete nut case! Bill would hang tough but Sentry to me is more powerful. Sentry should crush him

armedforbattle
Why do so many people have to say its a stomp?
There is such thing as a close match. Almost every answer says ______ crushes ______ like a its nothing.

quanchi112
Originally posted by pym-ftw
I think Sentry is high herald all around, just cis prevents him from being a top tier similar to absorbing man.

That said bill breaks him 8/10 Based on ?

Stoic
I think Sentry would win convincingly if we are going with him at his best. The guy briefly contained a Cosmic Cube that fought to escape his grasp. Now that's impressive.

TheHulk
Tough one for me....my heart goes with Sentry though..

Me personally Sentry has always been close to a high end herald...but CIS or his Mental Issues always prevented that...

Tony Stark

Tell that to Genis, Terrax, Collective, Ares, MM etc...

Bob wins

curryman
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Tell that to Genis, Terrax, Collective, Ares, MM etc...

Bob wins

Of whom only Genis has something impressive to his name...

abhilegend
Originally posted by Stoic
I think Sentry would win convincingly if we are going with him at his best. The guy briefly contained a Cosmic Cube that fought to escape his grasp. Now that's impressive.
That's so impressive that Red Skull has also done it, multiple times to boot. Mar-vell destroyed one with a chop, cap is skyfather level at best!

leonidas
i think bob as he was perhaps initially conceived would take this, and he has some showings to suggest he could possibly do so convincingly in at least a couple matches. but he really was one of the most underwhelming characters in the end. his character was so muddled and messed up that trying to decide just where he finally was powerwise is really tough. he could def take some here, but based on the f'd up nature of his character, it's really hard to give him a majority imo. i do think there is a better chance of bob stomping than bill though, for whatever that's worth.....

TheHulk
Originally posted by leonidas
i think bob as he was perhaps initially conceived would take this, and he has some showings to suggest he could possibly do so convincingly in at least a couple matches. but he really was one of the most underwhelming characters in the end. his character was so muddled and messed up that trying to decide just where he finally was powerwise is really tough. he could def take some here, but based on the f'd up nature of his character, it's really hard to give him a majority imo. i do think there is a better chance of bob stomping than bill though, for whatever that's worth..... thumb up

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by abhilegend
That's so impressive that Red Skull has also done it, multiple times to boot.

When has Red Skull contained an unstable cosmic cube against its will?

Mar-vell destroyed one with a chop,
You're talking about the device which eventually evolved into Kubik, and according to Thanos himself the cube itself had been drained of power at that time.
Edit: This same cube showed up in later story arcs as well.

cap is skyfather level at best!
You really suck at this game.

yaadaveyaa
i dont kow how there is even an argument here sentry wins 10/10 close the thread

quanchi112
That's so impressive that Red Skull has also done it, multiple times to boot. Mar-vell destroyed one with a chop, cap is skyfather level at best! The feat is still impressive but I will agree it doesn't determine this matchup. It's just an impressive feat not really any in sort of combat related fashion.

JakeTheBank
cap is skyfather level at best!

reported for lowballing.

Golgo13
Sentry.

Naija boy
Bill would win typically. Sentry would win if he was at anything like WWH levels or upwards.

yaadaveyaa
dont we automatically take them at there strongest? i thought that was the point sentry wins 10 of 10 with ease here no contest

armedforbattle
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
dont we automatically take them at there strongest? i thought that was the point sentry wins 10 of 10 with ease here no contest
huh

bbrem123
at there best he is right

keiththegreat
I'm not sure how Bill has any chance here. Sentry handled Absorbing Man with ease. He fought and almost beat a Hulk who would have one shot Bill. He's so much faster, he is clearly stronger considering Bill could barely hold up a mountain with help.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by keiththegreat
I'm not sure how Bill has any chance here. Sentry handled Absorbing Man with ease. He fought and almost beat a Hulk who would have one shot Bill. He's so much faster, he is clearly stronger considering Bill could barely hold up a mountain with help.

Wait.

You think WWH would have one shot Bill?

What?

TheGodKiller
^Based on the Planet Hulk movie, he most certainly would. evil face

TheHulk
Originally posted by keiththegreat
I'm not sure how Bill has any chance here. Sentry handled Absorbing Man with ease. He fought and almost beat a Hulk who would have one shot Bill. He's so much faster, he is clearly stronger considering Bill could barely hold up a mountain with help. Are you basing this off from the Planet Hulk movie?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
^Based on the Planet Hulk movie, he most certainly would. evil face

Or, y'know, basing it on nothing from comics.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.