Thor/Hercules vs Superman/Orion (skill challenge)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
All of them are given Captain America physical stats (strength, speed, durability). They have a month to get use to their new bodies. Who wins in a fist/skill fight? No armor, weapons, just pure skill.

-Pr-
Team 1.

celeyhyga17
Orion solos

abhilegend
Superman/Orion.

pym-ftw
Hercules

Silent Master
Team 1

Flyattractor
Which version of Herc? Cause if its the Fun Loud Mouth jerky Herc I give it 15 minutes until he and thor start going at t instead of Supes and Orion.

curryman
Team 1, pretty hard.

h1a8
If Superman uses his pressure point ability then team 2 wins.
If not then team 1 wins.

quanchi112
Team 1, hard.

Damborgson
Thor/Hercules

abhilegend
Any reason why team 1 is being favored here? Orion is easily most skilled here and thor as skilled than superman outside his fabled "thousands of years of experience".

CosmicComet
Definitely a close fight.

abhilegend
Also, it would only take a single strike for superman to paralyze thor (batman), knock him out (tempest) or make his muscles unable to move (ultraman). He can also go punch for punch against him if needed and at least get a split.

curryman
Originally posted by abhilegend
Also, it would only take a single strike for superman to paralyze thor (batman), knock him out (tempest) or make his muscles unable to move (ultraman). He can also go punch for punch against him if needed and at least get a split.

Thor?

I'm quite confident Hercules would break both on his own.

SevenShackles
Doesn't Hercules have more exp fighting at a diminished capacity?

abhilegend
Originally posted by curryman
Thor?

I'm quite confident Hercules would break both on his own.
Orion is easily more skilled than hercules and would beat him.

curryman
Originally posted by SevenShackles
Doesn't Hercules have more exp fighting at a diminished capacity?

Indeed.

Thor's also been depowered at quite a few occasions.

He did especially well during the world-engine arc where he kept up with Captain America smile

stan5677
Herc wins

Batman-Prime
Team one, 5-6/10
Hercules and Orion are the best h2h fighters on the field, with Thor close behind and Superman a notch below.

red sabre
when ever a thread about skills is made i find it kinda funny the answers people give.

for some reason people think skills = MA knowledge, the more MA you know the better fighter you are which is so wrong.
as a martial artis i can say that when someone who practice martial arts seriously and then get involved in a street fight, the best asset of the fighter is not the moves he learned but the reflex, speed, durability and striking power he achieved thruought the training.

i have seen a boxing match where russian team fought cuban team, when they were fighting they did everything a boxer does, lean to the sides, uppercut, jab, cross and whats not.
however when the fight ended and the results were given, both fighters really didnt like the results and guess what happened? they started to fight for real in the middle of the ring.
now funnies thing is suddenly they didnt use boxing moves and all the techniques, they tried to graple and take each other down, their teams got involved and guess what? they all fought like your averege street fighter with 90% of the time trying to take down and windmill punches.

my whole point is that in a fight the more importent thing is the stats, seeing how everybody are as fast, strong, durable atc atc atc as captain america their MA knowledge wont change too much, orion being skilled at stand up, hercules being skilled at wrestling, superman and thor being very good brawlers... i seriously think team herc will take it due to his wrestling he will just choke the others out IMO.
but seriously its much more even then people are thinking.
this is my personal opinion based on my experience in the world of fighting , if you think otherwise its great smile

Batman-Prime
^You aren't wrong but you aren't right either. Don't forget that in comics, MA are like a superpower, sometimes they are a superpower. So when considering who wins, you always have to consider the world of comics.

red sabre
^ so basically each team has a high level brawler (superman and thor), which are in my opinion kind of even in that aspect, seeing as well how they have the same exact stats? Lol they will punch each other for a veryyyyy long time.
orion vs hercules? i give it to herc based on superior ground skills and wrestling which is in most cases the determining factor, after herc takes orion out by choking him out like he did to thor, you get the end of the picture.

h1a8
Originally posted by red sabre
^ so basically each team has a high level brawler (superman and thor), which are in my opinion kind of even in that aspect, seeing as well how they have the same exact stats? Lol they will punch each other for a veryyyyy long time.
orion vs hercules? i give it to herc based on superior ground skills and wrestling which is in most cases the determining factor, after herc takes orion out by choking him out like he did to thor, you get the end of the picture.

Superman knows pressure points though. That alone would probably give him the nod over Thor.
Hercules is definitely the one to beat. With him I can see why some think team 1 wins. I'm leaning towards team 2 or at worst a split mainly because of Superman's pressure point ability and Hercules wrestling ability.

pym-ftw
eek! what's with you and pressure points lately

They are used used at plot devices, not to mention superman uses his X ray vision to accomplish them

h1a8
Originally posted by pym-ftw
eek! what's with you and pressure points lately

They are used used at plot devices, not to mention superman uses his X ray vision to accomplish them Because they are a factor in arguing fighting skill. They are one shot cheap tricks.

Superman has applied pressure points without his x ray vision. And If Superman did ever apply x ray vision then he now knows where they are (he doesn't need to use x ray vision anymore).

pym-ftw
Superman ever land a pressure point without his x ray vision and superspeed?

CosmicComet
He landed them on Ultraman, whose speed is equal to his own.

So that's technically not using a speed advantage because he didn't have one.

curryman
Originally posted by CosmicComet
He landed them on Ultraman, whose speed is equal to his own.

So that's technically not using a speed advantage because he didn't have one.

He still hit Ultraman a ton of times before Ultraman reacted tho.

And it's not like pressure points are that much better... Superman could've just bashed in Ultraman's adam's apple or gouged out his eyes. It's only the best non-lethal way of dispatching people in comics.

Superman might have taken like 5 or 10 hits to completely disable Ultraman. He could've killed him in 2 if he wanted.

abhilegend
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Superman ever land a pressure point without his x ray vision and superspeed?
He doesn't uses X-ray vision for pressure-point attacks. How does using superspeed cancel out his knoweldge? Also he did just fine against batman.Originally posted by curryman
He still hit Ultraman a ton of times before Ultraman reacted tho.

And it's not like pressure points are that much better... Superman could've just bashed in Ultraman's adam's apple or gouged out his eyes. It's only the best non-lethal way of dispatching people in comics.

Superman might have taken like 5 or 10 hits to completely disable Ultraman. He could've killed him in 2 if he wanted.
No, he didn't. He just used a tornado to dis-orient ultraman and then used pressure points to lock his muscles.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.