Silver Surfer and Superman Vs. Thor and Hyperion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Male Model
Which Strong duo wins this balanced match up?

Lord Feron
Supes - So you can basically emit any type of energy? How about solar?
Surfer - This is well within my abilities but I have no idea what you are getting at...
Supes - Just hit me with some sun rays silver *****!
Surfer - Okays...

Wham wham wham.. . T1 wins.

Male Model
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Supes - So you can basically emit any type of energy? How about solar?
Surfer - This is well within my abilities but I have no idea what you are getting at...
Supes - Just hit me with some sun rays silver *****!
Surfer - Okays...

Wham wham wham.. . T1 wins.

So you think Surfer and 'Sooperman' would make a team supreme and 'Sore' would have zero chance!

team 1

Dampyre
Team 1.

pym-ftw
Dcnu?

Team 2

Thor beats Surfer
Supes beats Hype

Thor over Superman 6/10

carver9
Hyperion is the most powerful on the field.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Doubt it. Hickman is writing Hyperion probably just like he'd write Superman but I don't think he's stronger than Hulk or more powerful than Thor.

And Thor looked at least as tough as him against Starbrand. Tougher imho.

Team 1 wins because Superman and Surfer are cemented elite Top Tiers but Hyperion would I think be able to match any Elite, a true Superman clone.

Male Model
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Not really suprisingsmile

celeyhyga17
Team 1 wins. Hype is the weak link.

-Pr-
Team 1.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Male Model

Glad you agree.

Thor took a direct hit and was seemingly unhurt while Hyperion made a ***** scream and seemed to be rocked more.

carver9
Everyone here is a super elite but Hyperion have on of the best showing out of anyone in here.

-Pr-
No.

DTM
Going with Surfer and Superman, each of who I personally would pick over either hero on the other team.

guy222
T1

Damborgson
Originally posted by Male Model

How exactly did he not look tougher in that fight?

Hyperion got one shot and shat himself in the process. Thor took it like a man and only had broken armor and scuffed clothes.

CosmicComet
Thor got revived off panel. He didn't make a noise because he actually died on the spot from that blast.

sneer

Damborgson
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Thor got revived off panel. He didn't make a noise because he actually died on the spot from that blast.

sneer

Hah, preposterous. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/haermm.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdeelqsRCB1rivr2ao1_250.gif

The Sorrow
Didn't Hyperion take a direct hit from Starbrand whereas Thor and co were caught in the blast radius? I remember Cap being caught in the same attack aswell iirc.

Hyperion doesn't have enough feats yet, Team 1 ftw.

Damborgson
cap's shield and Ironman were caught in the blast's side effects. Thor took it head on:

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/avengersvsstarbrand5_zps2cc0ba41.jpg

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/avengersvsstarbrand6_zps5c9c7451.jpg

Sin I AM
aieeeeeeeeeeeeee lol classic

JakeTheBank
Da faq? Hyperion is the most powerful one here? Carver, step up your trolling, bro.

Also, from Hickman's Avengers alone it's clear Thor looked superior to Hyperion. That's without factoring in Thor's storied history of great feats as opposed to Hyperion's.

Still, Team 1.

leonidas
yeah, despite this little push hyperion has been getting, i'll take team 1 everytime.

quanchi112
Originally posted by leonidas
yeah, despite this little push hyperion has been getting, i'll take team 1 everytime. Every time ?Based on what ?

Dolos
Originally posted by quanchi112
Every time ?Based on what ?

The little push Superman always gets, in all three crises so far.

Superman does have the best high end showings, (Megaddon Warhead, Our Worlds At War, etc.), we are using Post-crisis aren't we?

That's not the only reason team 1 wins, the other reason is that The Silver Surfer can mess with solar energy, making Superman even more of a powerhouse, just like saw after sun-dip in OWAW, except continually throughout the battle, with constant renewal of solar reserves Superman could easily damage soak everything and keep busting out high end feats.

My two cents. Take it for what it's worth.

TheHulk
Doubt it. Hickman is writing Hyperion probably just like he'd write Superman but I don't think he's stronger than Hulk or more powerful than Thor.

Team 1 wins because Superman and Surfer are cemented elite Top Tiers but Hyperion would I think be able to match any Elite, a true Superman clone. Rage I personally think this is the bad/wrong type of reasoning sick

guy222
hype weak link

TheHulk
Funny thing after that blast...Hype did not look as damaged as Thor roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dolos
Silver Surfer could also take away solar energy from Hyperion, and give it to Superman in a parasitic cycle. Killing Hyperion while SS and an equivalent of a sun-dipped Superman proceed to wtf pwn Thor.

leonidas
yeah, ss vs hyperion would not end well for hyperion imo. at all. at any time. hence i think this would end in a 2on1 more often than not. but that's just my opinion.

curryman
Hyperion's still lagging behind and Superman still strikes me as far more versatile.

Unless Thor goes all out then they're behind in just about every category, and that's not going into all the things Surfer could do to supercharge Superman.

Mindship
T1. Don't mess with SS and S.

Dampyre
Originally posted by Dolos
Silver Surfer could also take away solar energy from Hyperion, and give it to Superman in a parasitic cycle. Killing Hyperion while SS and an equivalent of a sun-dipped Superman proceed to wtf pwn Thor.

Hyperion is also vulnerable to Argonite It's not unreasonable to say that the Surfer could easily take Hyperion out just like he threatened to do Gladiator. Team two isn't winning this fight.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by TheHulk
Rage I personally think this is the bad/wrong type of reasoning sick
hysterical

The Sorrow
Originally posted by Damborgson
cap's shield and Ironman were caught in the blast's side effects. Thor took it head on:

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/avengersvsstarbrand5_zps2cc0ba41.jpg

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/avengersvsstarbrand6_zps5c9c7451.jpg
laughing out loud
Thanks, and damn Hyperion really did scream like a *****. I suppose we could get a better understanding of their power levels in comparison to each other when they fight a confident Starbrand next ish.

Stoic

Team 1 wins because Superman and Surfer are cemented elite Top Tiers but Hyperion would I think be able to match any Elite, a true Superman clone.

The fight against Starbrand. When did this happen, and in what book? I gotta know LOL.

pym-ftw
Avengers #8
Marvel now

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.