G.I. Joe vs. Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Snake Eyes
Storm Shadow
Jinx

Vs

Captain America
Hawkeye
Black Widow

Fight takes place on an abandoned military base

Each team gets their standard weapons

Who wins?

Mindset
Jeremy Renner.

Darth Martin
The G.I. Joe squad wins. Hawkeye is great and all but if there is any closing of gaps he dies quickly.

Mindset
Jeremy Renner is great at hth.

Don't anger me.

FrothByte
Cap is still superhuman...

KingD19
Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow are superhuman as well, maybe not at Cap's level, but close enough that they surpass both Widow and Hawkeye and either will give him fits. And Storm Shadow is fast enough to slice a bullet in two, and Snake Eyes is shown as better than him. In the end I see at least the twin ninjas against just Cap, and he can't handle both of them. And he'll definitely crumple if Jinx makes it that far. I don't know how good she is as I haven't seen the new movie yet though.

Mindset
Renner shoots an exploding arrow at them and they die.

KingD19
After he gets shot in the face by Snake Eyes right?

Mindset
No, after he dodges the shot and oneshots the GI Joe team.

KingD19
Somebodies on a kick.

The Fat Rambo
Hawkeye was tagging mofo's without looking at them.

KingD19
And they weren't looking at him either. It was a full scale invasion. Great shot, but still, these three will be fully aware he intends to shoot them with arrows. And Snakes Eyes has a gun, the others probably do too but I remember Snake Eyes having one.

Placidity
Originally posted by Mindset
Jeremy Renner is great at hth.

Don't anger me.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8punsL3A41rb2uaio1_250.gif

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Martin
The G.I. Joe squad wins. Hawkeye is great and all but if there is any closing of gaps he dies quickly.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7ukcrrlf31ranhnao1_500.gif

the ninjak
Avengers win.

Clint launches an explosive arrow on the lot of them whilst Cap keeps his shield handy for defense and Black Widow just shoots like crazy.

GAME OVER for the Joes.

KingD19
Yeah. By the time Hawkeye draws his arrow back, Snake Eyes shoots him in the face.

the ninjak
Originally posted by KingD19
Yeah. By the time Hawkeye draws his arrow back, Snake Eyes shoots him in the face.

I have to agree to an extent. If Snake Eyes has his uzi ready he can arguably shoot the arrow before it reaches its mark. A few metres as on screen feats permit.

But his feats were all short distance in regards to shooting the shurikens.
We don't know how far apart the teams are.

And Clint releasing an early explosive arrow even if hit by Snake Eyes will result in the Joe's area of influence being blown apart.

And Clint has two such arrows on film.

KingD19
Still, any bullet has a longer range than an arrow. And at least SE and SS are bullet timers, so they could dodge, cut the arrow out of the air, whatevs. And I doubt Hawkeye will open with that. The only time he used his explosive arrow was on Loki.

Mindset
Jeremy Renner's arrows > bullets.

I don't think you even saw Avengers.

Reported for trolling.

KingD19
Whatever you're smokin man, I want some.

the ninjak
Still, any bullet has a longer range than an arrow. And at least SE and SS are bullet timers, so they could dodge, cut the arrow out of the air, whatevs. And I doubt Hawkeye will open with that. The only time he used his explosive arrow was on Loki.

Dude he used an arrow on the SHIELD Helicarrier and another on Loki.

And the Joes don't have Loki's durability.

Hawkeye also has a laser arrow, when it hits it's target with radial tracking heat beams.

The ninjas in GIJoe could affect projectiles in short distance from themselves.
But could barely shoot a target 10 metres away from them.

KingD19
Originally posted by the ninjak
Dude he used an arrow on the SHIELD Helicarrier and another on Loki.

And the Joes don't have Loki's durability.

Hawkeye also has a laser arrow, when it hits it's target with radial tracking heat beams.

I remember the Hellicarrier shot, but he was under Loki's control and was attacking the Hellicarrier, not a person.

And he used the exploding arrow on Loki precisely because of his durability. He had plenty of chances to use it on the Chitauri, but he didn't because they went down to normal arrows and him smacking them upside the head with his bow. Also, he didn't seem to have many trick arrows. Probably 1 explosive at a time(he had plenty of time to re-stock during the movie), and that zipline arrow.

And he didn't have a laser arrow. He had a laser sight on his bow which helped him aim. Which he only used once for that ridiculous shot.

The time it takes to pull an arrow, nock it, draw the bowstring back, aim, and release is a lot longer than aiming and squeezing the trigger on a gun. And Snake Eyes is a great shot.

the ninjak
I remember the Hellicarrier shot, but he was under Loki's control and was attacking the Hellicarrier, not a person.

And he used the exploding arrow on Loki precisely because of his durability. He had plenty of chances to use it on the Chitauri, but he didn't because they went down to normal arrows and him smacking them upside the head with his bow. Also, he didn't seem to have many trick arrows. Probably 1 explosive at a time(he had plenty of time to re-stock during the movie), and that zipline arrow.

And he didn't have a laser arrow. He had a laser sight on his bow which helped him aim. Which he only used once for that ridiculous shot.

The time it takes to pull an arrow, nock it, draw the bowstring back, aim, and release is a lot longer than aiming and squeezing the trigger on a gun. And Snake Eyes is a great shot.

Wrong.

He used 2 explosive arrows in Avengers.
And 1 radial laser arrow in Avengers against the Chitauri.

And assuming Loki's control in any way affected him in his skills is a lost cause.

KingD19
I wasn't saying being under the control of Loki took away from his skills. I was saying he wouldn't normally use that on a person. I didn't count the explosive arrow against the hellicarrier because he shot a boat, not a person. And then he used another one on Loki because of how tough he was, notice he never tried to blow up a chitauri with an arrow, because normal ones worked on them. I don't remember the laser arrow.

And as for the amount of explosive arrows. He used 2. We can't assume he just has an assload, because he used way more normal arrows than explosives. And keep in mind when he blew up Loki, he'd had time to restock.

Mindset
Whatever you're smokin man, I want some. But seriously, if you watched Avengers and don't think Renner's arrows > bullets, you are a fool and I no longer want to have any dealings with you.

KingD19
None of his shots were beyond arrow range for an above competition compound/torque bow which he had. They took a crazy amount of skill, but weren't beyond the range. But still, a bullet is smaller, more aerodynamic, and has a more powerful launching mechanism than an arrow. It will always go farther. Unless you get a gun that shoots arrows.

Mindset
I wasn't saying being under the control of Loki took away from his skills. I was saying he wouldn't normally use that on a person. Why not?

Mindset
None of his shots were beyond arrow range for an above competition compound/torque bow which he had. They took a crazy amount of skill, but weren't beyond the range. But still, a bullet is smaller, more aerodynamic, and has a more powerful launching mechanism than an arrow. It will always go farther. Unless you get a gun that shoots arrows. LOL, everyone laugh at this guy.

the ninjak
I wasn't saying being under the control of Loki took away from his skills. I was saying he wouldn't normally use that on a person. I didn't count the explosive arrow against the hellicarrier because he shot a boat, not a person. And then he used another one on Loki because of how tough he was, notice he never tried to blow up a chitauri with an arrow, because normal ones worked on them. I don't remember the laser arrow.

And as for the amount of explosive arrows. He used 2. We can't assume he just has an assload, because he used way more normal arrows than explosives. And keep in mind when he blew up Loki, he'd had time to restock.

As I said in my first post......Hawkeye has two explosive arrows. And one laser radial arrow(an arrow that releases lasers into it's targets upon arrival).

He has proven to be a master high ground stealth operative whilst everybody gets up and close.

He will await his moment. And launch silent arrows that will reach their marks and cause devastating results.

If you argue Hawkeye's stealth tactics at gaining high ground then I recommend you watch Avengers again.

EDIT: Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow can only hit what's close to them.

KingD19
How can you say he'll find the high ground when the environment is a military base. He'd had to work his way up to a watch tower or something like that, and with all the buildings, he'd barely have a clear sight line.

THere's also the fact that usually unless stated otherwise, the teams start at a distance where they can easily see and engage one another, and since it's only 3 people, it's not like he can just sneak away.

the ninjak
How can you say he'll find the high ground when the environment isn't even stated? Maybe it's just one big flat parking lot?

OP states it's an abandoned military base!

KingD19
Just went back and edited.

the ninjak
Just went back and edited. Originally posted by KingD19
How can you say he'll find the high ground when the environment is a military base. He'd had to work his way up to a watch tower or something like that, and with all the buildings, he'd barely have a clear sight line.

THere's also the fact that usually unless stated otherwise, the teams start at a distance where they can easily see and engage one another, and since it's only 3 people, it's not like he can just sneak away.

Obviously they start at opposite ends of the base.

And all 3 of the Avengers team are practically ninjas in their own right in regards to holding ground and finding perfect cover considering they held their own against an alien invasion of zombies with laser weapons.

Weapons that can't be blocked besides Cap's shield.

And Clint has 2x explosive arrows + 1 radial laser arrow.

2 of the Joes are experts ninjas in close range and 1 is a newb.

And HE is a range expert with devastating arrows. BW can hold her ground whilst Cap is a beast who can enter the enemies area and beat the lot of them to death.

KingD19
Obviously they start at opposite ends of the base.

And all 3 of the Avengers team are practically ninjas in their own right in regards to holding ground and finding perfect cover considering they held their own against an alien invasion of zombies with laser weapons.

Weapons that can't be blocked besides Cap's shield.

And Clint has 2x explosive arrows + 1 radial laser arrow.

2 of the Joes are experts ninjas in close range and 1 is a newb.

And HE is a range expert with devastating arrows. BW can hold her ground whilst Cap is a beast who can enter the enemies area and beat the lot of them to death.
Obviously? It wasn't stated so you can't assume. It's just as safe to assume they start 10 feet away from each other.

No one on the Avenger's squad did anything like "holding ground and finding cover" except Hawkeye. Cap and Widow were down on street level fighting nearly the entire time. And you're obviously downplaying the contributions of Hulk, Thor, and Iron Man if you're trying to make it seem like the 3 "humans" held out simply on their own without any help. They're good, but not that good.

And if Storm Shadow can slice a bullet in two, making him a legit bullet timer, so can Snake Eyes. Making both of them easily fast enough and skilled enough to take out Widow without much trouble. And both of them are clearly superhuman, shown by Snake Eyes in the 1st movie when he was chasing down the truck. THey'd give Cap trouble solo, but together he'd be overwhelmed. And with Jinx helping them he gets stomped.

And you keep saying Clint has 2 explosive arrows. He used 2, doesn't mean he has 2 at any given time. He used the first one, then got more arrows after he was back with the team. I can just as easily say he re-stocked as you can say he has 2 all the time, despite him only using 1 against Loki. Would have made sense for him to fire off more than 1 wouldn't it?

the ninjak
I'm going by film feats KingD19.

Hawkeye used 2x Explosive arrows in one film and 1x radial laser arrow.

I could argue that he would use more. But I won't because that's beyond the rules.

If you argue that they the teams could be 10 ft away from each other then Cap can use his shield to protect widow like he did in the movie whilst a giant Leviathan got exploded not far away from them whilst Stark exploded the area.

The ninjas in GI Joe could only effect the area close to them, not at a distance that would effect the Avengers.

Avengers win via explosive influence + defence.

If Hawkeye was in GI Joe 2 he would have killed them all.

KingD19
I'm going by film feats as well. And film logic. Hawkeye used the first explosive arrow to cripple the hellicarrier, and the next to attack Loki because a normal arrow wouldn't work. There's also the fact that out of the massive number of Chitauri, he never used an explosive arrow on any of them, even large groupings. Makes sense that he didn't have many, and he didn't want to waste an arrow since normal ones worked. Why would he act differently here? He probably only had the 1 he used. Especially considering how expensive an explosive arrow would be.

And Cap's not good enough to take on the twins by himself. Either one of them would have him with his hands full, and they're fast enough to get past his guard. And either of them is more skilled than Widow. She goes down hard.

the ninjak
I'm going by film feats as well. And film logic. Hawkeye used the first explosive arrow to cripple the hellicarrier, and the next to attack Loki because a normal arrow wouldn't work. There's also the fact that out of the massive number of Chitauri, he never used an explosive arrow on any of them, even large groupings. Makes sense that he didn't have many, and he didn't want to waste an arrow since normal ones worked. Why would he act differently here? He probably only had the 1 he used. Especially considering how expensive an explosive arrow would be.

And Cap's not good enough to take on the twins by himself. Either one of them would have him with his hands full, and they're fast enough to get past his guard. And either of them is more skilled than Widow. She goes down hard.

So you agree that all of my points in this fight are grounded and are true......thanks.

If you read all of my previous posts you will realize that I was always on the ball. Thankyou.

The Joes die via violent explosion.

Argue Widow all you want for she is the weak link in the fight.

KingD19
All the points I made pointed out that he more than likely wouldn't use the arrow. He wouldn't feel he needed it.

I don't know how I can explain it anymore clearly that there were several obvious reasons he only used blow up arrows twice.

the ninjak
All the points I made pointed out that he more than likely wouldn't use the arrow. He wouldn't feel he needed it.

I don't know how I can explain it anymore clearly that there were several obvious reasons he only used blow up arrows twice.

You are arguing that Hawkeye wouldn't in a vs fight use his 2 explosive arrows????

roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing laughing laughing

He surely would! and will kill the Joes in the process. Cap and Widow are simply cleanup duty. And they will do it well.
It's too easy now.

KingD19
And you're arguing that against thousands of Chitauri, he never once decided he could do some serious damage with his one explosive arrow? So he just used normal arrows on them and saved it for Loki.

If he didn't use it against literally overwhelming odds, why would he use it against 3 people?

And to say a trained soldier can't shoot Hawkeye from as far as Hawkeye can shoot him is bs. Snake Eyes is one of the most skilled Joes period; probably the most in terms of fighting ability. To say he can't shoot Hawkeye while Hawkeye can shoot him is reaching.

the ninjak
And you're arguing that against thousands of Chitauri, he never once decided he could do some serious damage with his one explosive arrow? So he just used normal arrows on them and saved it for Loki.

If he didn't use it against literally overwhelming odds, why would he use it against 3 people?

And to say a trained soldier can't shoot Hawkeye from as far as Hawkeye can shoot him is bs. Snake Eyes is one of the most skilled Joes period; probably the most in terms of fighting ability. To say he can't shoot Hawkeye while Hawkeye can shoot him is reaching.

lolz. This was my whole point if you look back on my first argument.

I've based my whole argument upon the weapons Hawkeye has used.

2x Explosive arrows. 1x laser arrow.

Nothing more. and yet now you are complaining against the fact why he didn't use MORE against his enemies in the Avengers........a shame.

For these 3 arrows is all he needs. I knew it all along!

And you keep complaining!

Complain about why BE didn't use more of the arrows. If he did use more I'll use them in this fight!

He didn't have more! Stop bitching....

KingD19
Bitching? WTF are you talking about? I'm pointing out that based on how he used them, he didn't have both explosive arrows at the same time. Because it would have made a lot of sense for him to blow up a crapload of Chitauri at once wouldn't it? He probably would have if he had more than one explosive arrow to waste. But you obviously don't get what I'm saying.

So Joe's win a majority, Avengers don't.

the ninjak
Hawkeye: 2x explosive arrows + 1 laser arrow.

Deal with it.

Mindset
Hawkeye: 2x explosive arrows + 1 laser arrow.

Deal with it. thumb up

Placidity
+ 1 laser arrow.

Doesn't matter cause its not tri-laser.

^ You should know this mindset.

Mindset
He'll shoot 3 simultaneously.

Placidity
Originally posted by Mindset
He'll shoot 3 simultaneously.

He's never done that. Sorry.

http://www.twinsofevil.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/dahmer01.gif

Mindset
Yes he has.

Reported.

jinXed by JaNx
reported

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.