The Ultimate Space Battle!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hutchy1345
The full fleet of the Mass Effect Universe as seen in Mass Effect 3 vs the full imperial fleet (including the executor but not the death star!)

Which super-fleet would win in a space battle till the end?

Mass Effect fleets include: turians, alliance, krogan, salarian, quarian, ex-cerberus, geth and others!

hutchy1345
I think the Mass Effect Fleet stomp because of sheer number and the Asari Destiny Ascension destroys the Executor!!!!!

Jedi Mom
lol

Pwned
ermm....

There was more than 1 SSD. And there is a ban on the Death Star, but no other superweapons....

So, I gotta say Imperials, quite easily. Sun Crusher just goes in and blows the whole fleet up, along a star or two.

Or the Eclipse blows them up.

Or the Galaxy Gun blows them and their planets up.

Or the fleet all just converges and outnumbers the Mass Effect fleet, oh, 10-1.

Seriously, the Imperial fleet was the largest in galactic history.

Mizukage Yoda
A single Imperial Star Destroyer can vaporize a reaper capital ship with a single turbolaser bolt. A single ISD could solo the Reaper fleet. I am not even trolling. Mass Effect gets RAPED.

Q99
The Mass Effect fleet has a mere 20 dreadnaughts.

Also, the Mass Effect galaxy can only colonize where there's relays, meaning they have a *much* lower population and far fewer species.

The Citadel Races are in big big trouble.

Mizukage Yoda
Mass Effect "Dreadnoughts" max yield is 38KT
Reaper capital ships have a yield between 132 to 450 kilotons of TNT.
^Each of these ships only has one of these canons
An Acclamator-I class assault ship has TWENTY FOUR point laser cannons each rated at 6 GIGATONS per shot and TWELVE Quad-turbolaser cannons rated at a maximum of TWO HUNDRED GIGATONS PER SHOT.

For those who aren't math savy that's 200,000,000 Kilotons PER CANNON PER SHOT.
Acclamator shields can shrug off similar shots.

In other words a single transport ship has the firepower of approximately a MILLION reaper CAPITAL SHIPS in everyone of it's TWELVE cannons. A single Acclamator in a single barrage of it's turbolasers can equate the firepower of between 6 and twenty four MILLION reapers A single acclamator can easily solo the Reaper armada, the Citadel Fleet, the Turians, the Asari, and the humans combined. With it's captain sipping brandy while he does it. Not even counting the twenty four point laser batteries, have the firepower of thousands of reapers in each cannon.

Q99
I will note there are alternate calcs that put things at lower than the ICS ones... but even so, they still give Star Destroyers well more power than Reapers.

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by Q99
I will note there are alternate calcs that put things at lower than the ICS ones... but even so, they still give Star Destroyers well more power than Reapers.

Perhaps but the canon statements take precedent over calcs. And with firepower like that from Assault ships I don't even wanna guess at what an ISD or...a SSD could do.

Q99
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
Perhaps but the canon statements take precedent over calcs.

Eh, arguable. The others are taken from canon visuals from movies and shows while the statement is just from a book, after all.

Based
Reaper main guns are in the kilotons. I'm pretty sure there are heavy blasters in Star Wars capable of more damage than that.

hutchy1345
q99 u said that the mass effect fleet has a mere 20 dreadnoughts! I'm afraid that you are badly mistaken!!! The Turians alone have 39 dreadnoughts! The asari have 21, salarians have 16 and humans have 6!!!! Thats 82 dreadnoughts!!!!!!!!!

I had no idea thats how powerful star wars cannons were but I have to ask where you got this information?

Pwned
Originally posted by hutchy1345
Thats 82 dreadnoughts!!!!!!!!!? And the Imperial Fleet has thousands of Victory-class Star Destroyers, tens of thousands of Acclimator-class dreadnoughts, (Acclimator is correct, yes?) A few Executor-class Super Star Destroyers, and I think two Eclipse-class Super Star Destroyers (which have superlasers) as well as millions of TIE fighters, Interceptors, and Bombers.

Mass Effect is outnumbered 100:1. They just can't win.

Lord Lucien
Acclamator's were the troop transport ships from AotC (that were eventually rendered obsolete). Venator-class are the ones with the double bridge seen in RotS and TCW. Victory-class are the little, "mini" Star Destroyers, and the Imperial or Imperator-class are the main ones seen in the original films. It's the Imperial type that's numbered as 25,000. The rest are unnumbered, though due to their smaller size and cost, they're likely more numerous. This doesn't include the Star Destroyer-esque Interdictor ships, or the various non-SD ships. Or the countless millions of starfighters, gunboats, or bombers. Or the four Executor-class circa 4 ABY.

The number is in the tens of millions of vessels, easily, with even the smallest fighters putting out more energy in their weapons and shields than most of the Mass Effect vessels combined.

It's all kind of overboard, and gay, really.

Q99
The high numbers comes from the "Attack of the Clones: Incredible Cross Sections" book.

Other numbers come from stuff like noting the power it'd take to blow up the astroids in Empire Strikes Back.

Originally posted by Pwned
And the Imperial Fleet has thousands of Victory-class Star Destroyers, tens of thousands of Acclimator-class dreadnoughts, (Acclimator is correct, yes?) A few Executor-class Super Star Destroyers, and I think two Eclipse-class Super Star Destroyers (which have superlasers) as well as millions of TIE fighters, Interceptors, and Bombers.

You've got stuff from different eras mixed up there smile

The Acclamators ('assault ships,' basically just smallish star destroyers that could land) were clone war era ships largely gone by the original trilogy, there were still some around but no longer a front line ship class, the Victory was largely their replacement.

The Imperial Star Destroyer was the main one, and iirc one of the West End Games books pegs their number at 25,000.

The Executor class had about 8 ships around Endor, but there was also multiple classes of other not-as-big-but-still-huge battlecruisers (that is, anything from 2k-5k) and dreadnaughts (anything above 5k. Though some stuff outside the range used the name too, to confuse you).

The Eclipse class didn't come around until years after the Empire's height.

Based
Per the codex:

hutchy1345
O sorry people I had no idea that the imperial fleets were so vast and powerful! That kind of power just isn't portrayed in the movies!!!!!

Q99
Yea. It is a *galactic* civilization after all.

I will mention that most of it is tied up simply in patrolling and keeping an eye on space, which there is a lot of, meaning they can't deploy too much at once without losing control elsewhere. Hence you're more likely to see a few dozen at a fight than a big number (also, I will note that the numbers are largely based on just how big a galaxy is- 'few dozen, maybe a hundred or two at a particularly huge battle' is about all you'll see on screen or page at once).

Consider Return of the Jedi- that wasn't nearly the entire Empire fleet, that was just what they could use in a trap without tipping the rebels off, i.e. they had to leave their forces elsewhere intact enough to not raise eyebrows.

It had, the Executor, 30+ Star Destroyers, and a good number of smaller ships.

The Rebels had almost as many capital ships, though theirs tended to be smaller.

So in other words, in the one battle, there were more forces deployed than the 39 dreadnaughts the Turians had.

Pwned
Meh, I never really have been too into the space ships of SW.

Plus, it says that its the full Imperial Fleet. Never mentioned a time frame. That's why I included the Eclipse-class.

Q99
Originally posted by Pwned
Meh, I never really have been too into the space ships of SW.

Plus, it says that its the full Imperial Fleet. Never mentioned a time frame. That's why I included the Eclipse-class.

By that I'd just take it as "The Imperial Fleet at it's absolute most powerful."

Because if we're mish-mashing time-frames, then the fleet sizes all get multiplied by how many eras you're talking about, and throw things out of whack. After all, the Citadel has 2,500 years of history. It'd take awhile just to guess how many ships each side has, and no real solid ways of knowing because I don't think we have a clear picture of either side's ship replacement rate.

hutchy1345
the quarians have 50,000 ships all with dreadnought cannons but 'Ascension is a beast as well, it is more powerful than the whole asari fleet combined!!!!!!

I think I'm going to ban all imperial superweapons!!!

Pwned
They provided that statistics for the Fleet. The superweapons I mentioned came a few years after the Fleet they are talking about.

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by hutchy1345
the quarians have 50,000 ships all with dreadnought cannons but 'Ascension is a beast as well, it is more powerful than the whole asari fleet combined!!!!!!

I think I'm going to ban all imperial superweapons!!!

First off the Quarians have 50,000 jury rigged civillian vessels, HOWEVER, only 3 of their vessels, the liveships have dreadnought grade weapons. And they are glass cannons. Not that it matters.

You could ban Star Destroyers, SSDs, hell you could limit to a single Acclamator which is canonically a mere troop transport, and it'd still be a rape in Star War's favor.

Mass Effect is better placed against factions like the Covenant or the UNSC of Halo.

hutchy1345
ok i agree now, i can clearly see that mass effect universe is clearly outmatched.

I'm interested to see the result is if it was a ground battle ( minor air support is allowed) because mass effect has the krogans, sheer power and numbers, the turians beast ground army and air support, the asari with all the biotics and the salarians with their STG units! Then you have Shepard!!!!!

Pwned
And Star wars has Jedi and Sith, along with enough troops to fight a galaxy-wide civil war.

Based
ME has nothing on Star Wars but the Quarians have a lot more than 3 ships with Dreadnaught type weapons.

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by Based
ME has nothing on Star Wars but the Quarians have a lot more than 3 ships with Dreadnaught type weapons.

No they don't. I just played through that scene yesterday.

"Before the war we jury rigged every civilian ship for battle, even our live ships have cannons."

"You've converted them into dreadnoughts, that's a violation of the Treaty of Firaxen."

The Quarians have 3 liveships-->3 dreadnought-class weapons.

Trust me I am a huge Mass Effect fan.

Based
3 added into an unspecified number of already existing dreadnaughts. However I did misinterpret the scene but it would seem foolish to go to war with the Geth with only 3 glass cannons.

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by Based
3 added into an unspecified number of already existing dreadnaughts. However I did misinterpret the scene but it would seem foolish to go to war with the Geth with only 3 glass cannons.

Show me one source that states the Quarians have cruisers let alone Dreadnoughts.
*There wasn't a single ship in their fleet capable of even breaching the Geth Dreadnought's shields.
*When Shepard asks about their fleet strength, the heavy fleet is stated to be made up of Heavy Frigates and advanced fighter forces. The patrol fleet light frigates.
*They don't have 3 glass cannons, they have 50,000ish. They have 3 big glass cannons.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.