Superman durability Vs. Trans character durability

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Male Model
Please post scans, let's settle this: do any trans or heralds have durability exceeding superman at:

1) His Best
2) i. Can we define Superman's average durability compared to other high heralds such as Thor and Surfer using scans.

ii. Can we work out who has the greater blunt force durability between Supes and Thanos (ONCE AND FOR ALL) at best and at average.

iii. Can we work out who has the greater energy protection/explosion durability between Supes and Thanos (ONCE AND FOR ALL) at best and at average.

I can see how it could look like Thanos Vs. Superma; however, it's not. Thanos is the most obvious Trans I can think of with the most feats. I would be interested in other characters termed trans as well. Wouldn't you? and wouldn't you be interested in solving all the on panel evidence ambiguity and arguments with a direct on panel comparison? I know I would be.

Let's leave our bias and ego's at the door and actually base this on feats!

-Pr-
So this is just Superman and Thanos, then?

Male Model
Originally posted by -Pr-
So this is just Superman and Thanos, then?

Not completely and not even really, I can see how it could look that way though; however, Thanos is the most obvious Trans I can think of with the most feats. I would be interested in other characters termed trans as well. Wouldn't you? and wouldn't you be interested in solving all the on panel evidence ambiguity and arguments with a direct on panel comparison? I know I would be.

I've edited the title to reflect this.

Batman-Prime
Superman > Thanos in every possible way uhuh

Rao Kal El
Superman has tanked a supernova and a magical blast that destroyed blaze, Blaze has challenged the wizard shazam iirc under the same writer.

Thanos has good showings because of his SHIELDS.or usualy other sources of power like when he fought tyrant.

When sm cuts loose is when he can challenge this guys as it is often portrayed like that. This is why he has been able to defeat Darkseid, elder gods and so on.

But is understandable why some people may believe Thanoos can take a lot of punishment. Because he does, but in a lot of times the shields help

googol
Originally posted by Male Model

ii. Can we work out who has the greater blunt force durability between Supes and Thanos (ONCE AND FOR ALL) at best and at average.

Let's leave our bias and ego's at the door and actually base this on feats! Why Trans? why Thanos? Classic Juggernaut>>Superman Durability(Blunt/piercing) and he is just a herald level guy. cool

SevenShackles
So Pre flash point superman?

carver9
Why is this thread opened when its going to lead to arguments, bashing, flaming? This is a bate thread and this Male Model guy has been nothing but trouble since his first post.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by carver9
Why is this thread opened when its going to lead to arguments, bashing, flaming? This is a bate thread and this Male Model guy has been nothing but trouble since his first post.

quit back seat modding

as for the thread....youd be hard pressed to find many characters who have as many durability feats as Superman, especially in the trans tier since they are so often used

h1a8
There is no such thing as where high herald level ends and trans level begins in a particular category.

For example, not all trans/high herald level beings have the same power output/durability/speed/etc. It is the mere combination of things that make you a Trans/high herald. For example, Superman can have Trans strength, trans durability, trans speed, but character stupidness (holding back), weakness to certain things that ultimately makes him a high herald.
Thor can have trans power output, and enhanced human speed and high herald strength/durability/etc. that leads him to be in high herald level.
Juggernaut has near Abstract level durability but high herald level strength, peak or athletic human speed, Zero power output, Zero flight, etc. that all leads him to high herald level.

So again, you can't but a cap on durability for a certain class.
But how does Superman's durability compares to Thanos?

Superman is more durable to blunt force strikes and being cut.
Thanos is more durable in the energy projection category (not by a whole lot either). Superman is weaker to magic than Thanos is. Superman has kryptonite and red sun radiation weaknesses. Thus averaging his overall durability to be less than Thanos. But make no mistake, he we are referring to blunt force strikes and energy blasts then they are equals (Superman has him in blunt force and Thanos has Superman in energy durability).

Lastly, Thanos has high herald level strengh, meta level speed, etc. What makes him a trans is his low skyfather energy blast durability and his smarts and his versatility (shields, mind attacks etc.)

Diesldude
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Superman > Thanos>WBH every possible way

thumb up

googol
Originally posted by h1a8
Juggernaut has near Abstract level durability but high herald level strength, peak or athletic human speed, Zero power output, Zero flight, etc. that all leads him to high herald level.
Juggernaut was More than a Birck back in his Classic days, before the Retcon, he cast spells, shoot orbs, walked on air, had mental powers and all

Diesldude

Lastly, Thanos has high herald level strengh, meta level speed, etc. What makes him a trans is his low skyfather energy blast durability and his smarts and his versatility (shields, mind attacks etc.) Thano has high tras/low skyfather level strength and durability especially with his shields.

Sin I AM
There is no such thing as where high herald level ends and trans level begins in a particular category.

For example, not all trans/high herald level beings have the same power output/durability/speed/etc. It is the mere combination of things that make you a Trans/high herald. For example, Superman can have Trans strength, trans durability, trans speed, but character stupidness (holding back), weakness to certain things that ultimately makes him a high herald.
Thor can have trans power output, and enhanced human speed and high herald strength/durability/etc. that leads him to be in high herald level.

So again, you can't but a cap on durability for a certain class.
But how does Superman's durability compares to Thanos?

Superman is more durable to blunt force strikes and being cut.
Thanos is more durable in the energy projection category (not by a whole lot either). Superman is weaker to magic than Thanos is. Superman has kryptonite and red sun radiation weaknesses. Thus averaging his overall durability to be less than Thanos. But make no mistake, he we are referring to blunt force strikes and energy blasts then they are equals (Superman has him in blunt force and Thanos has Superman in energy durability).

Lastly, Thanos has high herald level strengh, meta level speed, etc. What makes him a trans is his low skyfather energy blast durability and his smarts and his versatility (shields, mind attacks etc.)

No

h1a8
Originally posted by Sin I AM
No Stop being lazy and point out the NOs and whys to the NOs. This is a debating forum.

h1a8
Originally posted by Diesldude
Thano has high tras/low skyfather level strength and durability especially with his shields. Skyfathers don't have a minimum strength. A character can be as physically strong as a human and yet be a skyfather. Superman is physically stronger than any skyfather. But that doesn't mean Superman has skyfather strength since such a term doesn't exist.

Bottom line Thanos is physically stronger than SS, Thor, etc..

He is not stronger than say HP DD, Superman, WWH, Gladiator, etc.

Shields don't make durability since you can't attack with them up.

Diesldude
I meant that a sky father can use his power to amp his strength. Like how Zeus did against WWH.

h1a8
I meant that a sky father can use his power to amp his strength. Like how Zeus did against WWH. Yes but to what extent? And can all skyfather level beings amp in strength?

Beating on WWH hardly suggest strength greater Superman. Zeus and Odin seems to amp by growing. Like when Zeus amped in order to lift the mountain.
It's not their natural strength or natural size.
It's my firm belief that since Superman holds back and doesn't kill then it makes him appear as a peer to many others who don't hold back. When Superman let's loose then he is on a different level.

And I'm pretty sure there are some skyfather beings that can't boost their strength at all, or at least never shown to be able to. But according to rules and logic we can only allow a skyfather a limit of amping equal to the highest they have ever shown. Which is still under Superman level IMO.

Delta1938
Originally posted by carter9

Carter, what's a "bate thread?"

carver9
Originally posted by Delta1938
Carter, what's a "bate thread?"

Lol...you knew what I meant.

As for the thread, there are a couple of trans beings Superman is more durable than.

Delta1938
Originally posted by carter9
Lol...you knew what I meant.

Trolololol.

carver9
Originally posted by Delta1938
Trolololol.

laughing out loud

golem370
Wouldn't Superman's weakness be a factor in this because I mean people like Thanos etc etc has no discernible weakness.

Delta1938
Originally posted by golem370
Wouldn't Superman's weakness be a factor in this because I mean people like Thanos etc etc has no discernible weakness.

One of the two categories was Superman at his best. If we go with Superman's durability feats against his weaknesses, well.....there's just insane ones. People were impressed by Superman tanking a nuke while exposed to Kryptonite(he was actually also worn down and had some energy drain, although it seemed to be a virtual non-factor) and that example is pretty meh compared to other durability feats involving his weaknesses.

golem370
He is also still limited to being in a solar systems with yellow suns too right?

Delta1938
Originally posted by golem370
He is also still limited to being in a solar systems with yellow suns too right?

Nope. Blue, white and orange stars also empower him, albeit to different degrees.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Superman has tanked a supernova and a magical blast that destroyed blaze, Blaze has challenged the wizard shazam iirc under the same writer.

Thanos has good showings because of his SHIELDS.or usualy other sources of power like when he fought tyrant.

When sm cuts loose is when he can challenge this guys as it is often portrayed like that. This is why he has been able to defeat Darkseid, elder gods and so on.

But is understandable why some people may believe Thanoos can take a lot of punishment. Because he does, but in a lot of times the shields help can you be anymore wrong in a post?

Thanos never used sheilds against Odin or Tyrant, give other only other times except Galactus , Omega and Champion as they are only the real times he has used his full sheilds

h1a8
Originally posted by Insane Titan
can you be anymore wrong in a post?

Thanos never used sheilds against Odin or Tyrant, give other only other times except Galactus , Omega and Champion as they are only the real times he has used his full sheilds He used a shield in the beginning against Odin as shown. I think Odin busted the shield and Thanos was just getting hit with blasts regularly.

Insane Titan
He used a shield in the beginning against Odin as shown. I think Odin busted the shield and Thanos was just getting hit with blasts regularly. stop lying troll.

Everytime Thanos uses a shield it's either stated , shown or Thanos commands them.

Plus if Odin busted the so called sheild it would have been shown, you have ZERO proof to back up your claim as usual

LeonBuco666
I meant that a sky father can use his power to amp his strength. Like how Zeus did against WWH.

Was he amping his actual phyiscal strength then? I thought he was just charging his fists with magical energy as a means to overcome Hulks healing factor.

Oh well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.