Superman vs Tyrant (No holds barred)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
Recently I had a discussion with a friend, and he was adamant that Superman would defeat Tyrant. So if these two fought it out with everything that they had, on an indestructible planet (The planet heals the moment damage happens).

Which one would win?

Please be objective.

No BFR.

CIS is off.

googol
Originally posted by Stoic
Recently I had a discussion with a friend, and he was adamant that Superman would defeat Tyrant. So if these two fought it out with everything that they had, on an indestructible planet (The planet heals the moment damage happens).

Which one would win?

Please be objective.

No BFR.

CIS is off. Highest of Feat.. Superman>Thanos I can see a case being made for Superman geting a 5/10 or 6/10 out of DP Tyrant

JakeTheBank
T-vo.
Counter vibrations.

Sin I AM
clark will tire long before tyrant does

Stoic
Originally posted by googol
Highest of Feat.. Superman>Thanos I can see a case being made for Superman geting a 5/10 or 6/10 out of DP Tyrant

So you think that Superman could easily defeat all of the Herald level characters that Tyrant did without really breaking a sweat?

Sin I AM
So you think that Superman could easily defeat all of the Herald level characters that Tyrant did without really breaking a sweat?

thats not what he said

googol
So you think that Superman could easily defeat all of the Herald level characters that Tyrant did without really breaking a sweat? thats low showing and low balling for most of them.. had they fought at the highest they could have taken him

TheLordofMurder
Heres the thing...

Supes is DC's Golden Boy, and as a result, he has the bulls**t factor on his side (otherwise known as PIS); with everything on the line, there is practically no one he cant beat...

In a DC comic, Superman could defeat Tyrant under the right conditions; in a forum fight (which is PIS'less), this is spite against Superman...

Diesldude
Superman going all out, Tyrant is in big trouble.

Stoic
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Heres the thing...

Supes is DC's Golden Boy, and as a result, he has the bulls**t factor on his side (otherwise known as PIS); with everything on the line, there is practically no one he cant beat...

In a DC comic, Superman could defeat Tyrant under the right conditions; in a forum fight (which is PIS'less), this is spite against Superman...

It wasn't meant as spite, but more on how many people thought that Superman could win. I thought that Tyrant would waste Superman, but that's just me. Others believe otherwise.

Stoic
Originally posted by Diesldude
Superman going all out, Tyrant is in big trouble.

See what I mean?

bbrem123
wtf...Tyrant would shit all over Superman...only fanboys would say otherwise

Dolos
Is this post-crisis?

TheLordofMurder
It wasn't meant as spite, but more on how many people thought that Superman could win. I thought that Tyrant would waste Superman, but that's just me. Others believe otherwise.

I gotcha... thumb up

Well my official answer is that Superman would only win in a DC comic with the PIS Force functioning at full force...

The only other way Superman could win is if Tyrant was already at Deaths Door before the fight even started or Superman has some kind of ultra uber amp of some sort (like Cosmic Armor)...

In all other senario's, Tyrant rage stomps Superman 10/10, then traps him in his tech to leech power off of him...

Dolos
Pre-crisis has survived the big bang, moved a star by pushing it's core, moved a planet at millions of times faster than light speeds, lifted infinity, moved at infinite speed (he's practically omnipresent), he's pushed a star with his super breath, he's destroyed a solar system with a sneeze.

googol
Originally posted by Dolos
Is this post-crisis? ANY superman has the potential of beating DP Tyrant

Stoic
Is this post-crisis?

Yeah

Dolos
Yeah

What does Tyrant have destruction wise, can he destroy a solar system? I know that's beyond Thor's Godblast. Can he erase half of existence, thus was the power of Mageddon's Warhead, this much energy Superman absorbed.

What about durability, has Tyrant tanked planet busting strikes? What about 5,000 per second? Can Tyrant's brain or other inner organs survive heat vision powerful enough to weld together space and time? Can he tank space time warping blows? What about 5,000 per second??

Thus is Post-crisis Superman's highest end feats with all low and mid end feats dropped and erased from the equation.

Supes is DC's Golden Boy

He's AMERICA'S Golden Boy.

mLXQltR7vUQ

Dampyre
Tyrant shit-stomps the boy scout. HARD.

Dolos
Originally posted by Dampyre
Tyrant shit-stomps the boy scout. HARD.

You're entering a world of pain.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
T-vo.
Counter vibrations.
thumb up

In all honesty, tyrant wins.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol, this is stupid.

Tyrant is the kind of opponent that would beat the f*ck out of the JLA and would require some kind of alternative method to beat.

Dolos
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol, this is stupid.

Tyrant is the kind of opponent that would beat the f*ck out of the JLA and would require some kind of alternative method to beat.

Potentially, so is Superman.

He jobs 24/7 according to Mongul II.

No holds barred, Superman can go sun-dip.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Potentially, so is Superman.

He jobs 24/7 according to Mongul II.

No holds barred, Superman can go sun-dip.

That could be said for multiple characters, fortunately that's not how usually it works.

And Tyrant feeds on the biosphere, his orbs of power or whatever silliness.

Like it or not, Tyrant would beat the shit out of Clark pretty much every time. The circumstances for him losing straight up are so rare, it's almost not worth bringing up.

Dolos
That could be said for multiple characters, fortunately that's now how it works.

And Tyrant feeds on the biosphere, his orbs of power or whatever silliness.

Like it or not, Tyrant would beat the shit out of Clark pretty much every time. The circumstances for him losing straight up are so rare, it's almost not worth bringing up.

As per DC, it can consistently be said specially for Superman. Even in his new 52 depiction Lex believes he'd whoop H'el if he didn't have mental blocks. Don't forget what Helspont said about Kryptonians either. Basically along the lines of inventing new superpowers is apart of that species' genetic arsenal under a yellow sun. He even could give others super powers under a blue sun. What if in a supposed fight with Tyrant he flees, dips in a blue sun for an hour, than goes back and proceeds to over power him with no mental blocks (high end feats) and with an array of new super powers? With high end feats, that doesn't seem entirely out of the question in a no holds barred.

If that's true, the circumstance couldn't be any different from no holds barred. Unlike Tyrant, Superman's abilities really really fluctuate under special circumstances. In character.

Rage.Of.Olympus
As per DC, it can consistently be said specially for Superman. Even in his new 52 depiction Lex believes he'd whoop H'el if he didn't have mental blocks. Don't forget what Helspont had to say for the Kryptonian.

Consistently? Lol? You think there's enough evidence to support him consistently winning here? In comparison to him losing?

You mean Lex questioning why H'el is so much more powerful than Superman, that perhaps Clark is limiting himself (Which is a lot different from what you're implying fyi)? Helspont calling Clark the most powerful Superhero?

You don't seem to understand, I'm not questioning the fact that Superman is on average DC's most powerful hero barring the odd push or whatever. I'm saying that it doesn't matter, because Tyrant is the kind of threat that would require the JLA to come together to beat and that barring some kind of extreme scenario, he'd tentacle rape Clark.

JakeTheBank
If abhi doesn't think Superman can win this, that says a lot. biscuits

Dolos
Consistently? Lol? You think there's enough evidence to support him consistently winning here? In comparison to him losing?

You mean Lex questioning why H'el is so much more powerful than Superman, that perhaps Clark is limiting himself (Which is a lot different from what you're implying fyi)? Helspont calling Clark the most powerful Superhero?

You don't seem to understand, I'm not questioning the fact that Superman is on average DC's most powerful hero barring the odd push or whatever. I'm saying that it doesn't matter, because Tyrant is the kind of threat that would require the JLA to come together to beat.

So was Darkseid, Imperiax, War World, Solaris, so is Helspont, in the end - an All Star esque, or an end of series Action Comics WOS or OWAW esque, Superman is a ***** to keep up with. He even took out Doomsday by copying the Flash and inventing a new super power. Intangibility.

I'm going to hit and run, and leave it at that.

Rage.Of.Olympus
So was Darkseid, Imperiax, War World, Solaris, so is Helspont, in the end - an All Star esque, or an end of series Action Comics WOS or OWAW esque, Superman is a ***** to keep up with.

I'm going to hit and run, and leave it at that.

laughing out loud

Bro, the arcs you're mentioning had so much shit involved beyond Superman to squeeze out the win, that it boggles my mind that you think it's relevant.

Darkseid is the only real reference I can take seriously, and honestly, Tyrant would rape Darkseid worse than he would Superman. Not sure how the Helspont arc ended, didn't keep up with that.

Alright, that's fair enough I guess.

googol

Like it or not, Tyrant would beat the shit out of Clark pretty much every time. The circumstances for him losing straight up are so rare, it's almost not worth bringing up. let see.. Sun Dipp for 10 minutes, move at FTL speeds, he is Superman for **** sake

Rage.Of.Olympus
let see.. Sun Dipp for 10 minutes, move at FTL speeds, he is Superman for **** sake

Nothing Super about self battle field removal.

JakeTheBank
Tbf, if you used Superman's highest most absurd feats of all time and ignored everything else, thereby butchering Superman as a character and skewing his entire powerset, you could probably begin to make some sort of insane and ludicrous argument for him beating Tyrant.

Dolos
Tbf, if you used Superman's highest most absurd feats of all time and ignored everything else, thereby butchering Superman as a character and skewing his entire powerset, you could probably begin to make some sort of insane and ludicrous argument for him beating Tyrant.

It wouldn't skew him as a character if every other showing was just him with mental blocks and maybe a little less solar energy.

Because in all of those situations, at least in the feats I brought up, the stakes were extremely high for the Man of Steel.

Emotionally, he's a human. He's very conflicted between the roles of Clark, Kal, and Superman. That human part is as terrified of his Kryptonian part as Superman would be of an existential threat such as Tyrant.

However, he's Superman. He has sooo much versatility at his disposal and a scary potential power level.

googol
Nothing Super about self battle field removal. All I'm saying is Superman WILL find a Way to beat Tyrant

Rage.Of.Olympus
All I'm saying is Superman WILL find a Way to beat Tyrant

All I'm saying is that Batman WILL find a way to beat Superman.

JakeTheBank
All I'm saying is that Batman WILL find a way to beat Superman.

lol this reminds me...

There was a comment on the DC Nation Facebook page by some disgrunted fanboy who was mad that Geoff Johns hasn't had Batman "pwn the League" yet and has dropped the title because of it.

googol
lol this reminds me...

There was a comment on the DC Nation Facebook page by some disgrunted fanboy who was mad that Geoff Johns hasn't had Batman "pwn the League" yet and has dropped the title because of it. Come at me brah..... mad

Diesldude

This explains why the hate for superman being so powerful is absurd and biased. People hate him because he is so powerful but even at those levels he has no chance against Tyrant?

If you want to go that route, you tell me if tyrant is beating a superman who can locate a dead universe devoid of life, fly to it and blow out a solar system like you would a candle all before the reaction to sneeze runs its course. Now tell me, what's more absurd? This feat or this superman having a insanely minuscule chance of beating tyrant?

In DCU online, a serious superman beat Black Adam like a red headed step child before he got impaled with a spear made of Green K.

JakeTheBank
This explains why the hate for superman being so powerful is absurd and biased. People hate him because he is so powerful but even at those levels he has no chance against Tyrant?

If you want to go that route, you tell me if tyrant is beating a superman who can locate a dead universe devoid of life, fly to it and blow out a solar system like you would a candle all before the reaction to sneeze runs its course. Now tell me, what's more absurd? This feat or this superman having a insanely minuscule chance of beating tyrant?

In DCU online, a serious superman beat Black Adam like a red headed step child before he got impaled with a spear made of Green K.

What? How does my post equate into "Superman hate" at all? erm

I like Superman, pretty much in all of his incarnations and enjoy his stories. That doesn't mean I think he can beat anyone. And pointing out that you'd have to specifically use high end/crazy showings of Superman and throw out everything else to justify him beating or even having a chance against certain characters doesn't translate into "hating him because he's so powerful".

Not sure why you'd bring up a Pre-Crisis feat here, but okay?

And yeah, Superman had been hovering next to the sun for God knows how long. And the fact he still was done in by Kryptonite makes hardly any sense considering the fact he was super charged enough to dismiss Black Adam with minimal effort, anyway.

Brockalizer
Heres the thing...

In a DC comic, Superman could defeat Tyrant under the right conditions; in a forum fight (which is PIS'less), this is spite against Superman... This

Dolos

What was even more insane about that was the fact that he heard Diana's scream from the Sun's orbit.

carver9
Who has Superman defeated to make people think he could last against Tyrant?

Diesldude

I like Superman, pretty much in all of his incarnations and enjoy his stories. That doesn't mean I think he can beat anyone. And pointing out that you'd have to specifically use high end/crazy showings of Superman and throw out everything else to justify him beating or even having a chance against certain characters doesn't translate into "hating him because he's so powerful".

And yeah, Superman had been hovering next to the sun for God knows how long. And the fact he still was done in by Kryptonite makes hardly any sense considering the fact he was super charged enough to dismiss Black Adam with minimal effort, anyway.

not you, people hate superman's character because he was/is way too powerful. Maybe just the casual comic fans, but then to say that even then he has maybe a slight chance to win.

I only brought up the pre crisis feat because you yourself said to bring up the high end insane feats and he may have a chance. This superman will beat up tyrant in his sleep.

the dcu online superman wasn't in the sun, like a true sundipped superman, It was more of a sun amp and don't give a fuk superman. AND he treated BA like a flea.
I don't think a sun amp will cure him of his k weakness. I think he evolve past it over time like KC Superman.

DTM
Unless this is some kind of Super Amped Superman, Kal stands No Chance to defeat Tyrant. Tyrant beat a near Superman clone, plus several other High Heralds, and a few other characters, together. Tyrant would Destroy Superman solo.

Rao Kal El
Truth is that Superman has the feats that dwarf many and somehow is hard to digest that a serious superman can challenge some characters on the next tier. Specially since the superman portrayed the most moves in a world made out of paper, he grew up like that and is part of his behaviour.

Thor or Ss are other two characters that hold back as well.

Tyrant defeated those heralds stealing energy out of those heralds.

Having said that, I think Tyrant will win, but also, a serious superman will put a better fight, than those weakened heralds did.

Uhmmm. Intersting, how will those heralds would have fared at full power vs Tyrant? Probably, he wouldn't look so hot.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by carver9
Who has Superman defeated to make people think he could last against Tyrant?

Dominus???

DTM
I didnt think Tyrant drained any of that grouping until after he beat them unconscious (easily at that), or maybe Im remembering that wrong.

carver9
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Dominus???

Context?

-Pr-
Not sure if serious thread...

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by DTM
I didnt think Tyrant drained any of that grouping until after he beat them unconscious (easily at that), or maybe Im remembering that wrong.
Ill check it out later and try to post, for what i remember, is that he basically ambush most of them, ko them and then when he started feeding on their energies

Originally posted by carver9
Context?

TVO IIRC, but you should read it

Originally posted by -Pr-

I think is more an inquire trying to see why some may believe that and if is based on something more than wishful thinking.

Which HE has some high end feats that sugggest he could move between tiers like others.

Dampyre
You're entering a world of pain.

Superman would be in a world of pain if this fight ever happens.

Stoic

It;s serious, I really wanted to see how many people believed that Superman could beat him. I mean look, people don't debate based on characters much more, because the tier system at times means an auto win for certain characters. Sometimes it's flat out wrong, so I just wanted to see how many people thought that Kal stands a chance, if he were to go at it with Tyrant like Lois depended on it.

Plus as I mentioned, a friend believes that Superman is stronger than Tyrant. I wanted to prove him wrong.

celeyhyga17
Sad part is that it actually is for some..

Brockalizer
Lol, this is stupid.

Tyrant is the kind of opponent that would beat the f*ck out of the JLA and would require some kind of alternative method to beat. Agreed, this would be a "crisis" level incounter.

DTM
Plus as I mentioned, a friend believes that Superman is stronger than Tyrant. I wanted to prove him wrong.

Consider him proven, Id say. smile

-Pr-
mmm

Starting to wonder if we should re-do the tiers thread in this forum...

JakeTheBank
That would result in a Crisis level event on KMC.

celeyhyga17
might even end up multiforumal..
a crisis on infinte forums..

abhilegend

He wasn't super charged, he was there to get his powers back as luthor points it out at the beginning.

Stoic
mmm

Starting to wonder if we should re-do the tiers thread in this forum...

Sounds like a lot of work. I think it's a good idea as well. For certain characters like Sentry, you should get an opinion of at least 5 people to decide what tier he is exactly though.

JakeTheBank
Sounds like a lot of work. I think it's a good idea as well. For certain characters like Sentry, you should get an opinion of at least 5 people to decide what tier he is exactly though.

Suckass Tier.

-Pr-

That would be the point.

badawe

Seriously though, it's something to think about, I guess.

Maybe. I hadn't even thought of how it would be decided.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by bbrem123
wtf...Tyrant would shit all over Superman...only fanboys would say otherwise

yes

There isn't any version of Superman that can beat Tyrant PERIOD!!!

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Tony Stark
yes

Sure there is.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

-Pr-
Originally posted by Tony Stark
yes

You need to read some DC, friend.

Rao Kal El
Team wreckers and low trans

Characters like Hulk, Thor, Silver Surfer and others move between tiers based on need and not holding back, IMO

TheGodKiller
Unlike Tyrant
I had a hearty laugh at this. Have you even read the comics containing the character you're arguing against, or are you just mindlessly spamming your fanboy crush of Superman in this thread?

quanchi112
This thread really is telling. Nicely done Stoic.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Team wreckers and low trans

Characters like Hulk, Thor, Silver Surfer and others move between tiers based on need and not holding back, IMO
Not really. Hulk only differs because it's in his powerset to continually amp. Every hero in comics is able to find hidden/reserve strength from somewhere, doesn't mean they suddenly change tiers. It's just a high-end showing if anything.

Damborgson

Your tears give me nourishment superman hater.

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Not really. Hulk only differs because it's in his powerset to continually amp. Every hero in comics is able to find hidden/reserve strength from somewhere, doesn't mean they suddenly change tiers. It's just a high-end showing if anything. Exactly and those who act like this is only what Superman does are just wrong. Every hero can dig deep and hit another level on occasion.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Damborgson
Your tears give me nourishment superman hater.

laughing out loud

a88378438
superman stronger

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by a88378438
superman stronger
Captain Caveman in da house.

DTM
I wonder if we used the most powerful versions of each, Pre Crisis Superman vs. Full Powered Tyrant, who would win?

abhilegend
Not really. Hulk only differs because it's in his powerset to continually amp. Every hero in comics is able to find hidden/reserve strength from somewhere, doesn't mean they suddenly change tiers. It's just a high-end showing if anything. Not exactly. Superman does change tiers when he stops holding back. Its been ingrained in his character for decades dating back to sixties.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by quanchi112
Exactly and those who act like this is only what Superman does are just wrong. Every hero can dig deep and hit another level on occasion.

You should be wise enough to don't speak mr "sif saved odin" laughing out loud

Originally posted by armedforbattle
No prep or bfr
The opponents will attack thanos the second the previous one drops.
------
Round 1: No healing between rounds
Round 2: Healing between rounds
------
1. Warriors 3
2. Ares & Heimdall
3. Thunderstrike & Hercules
4. Loki
5. Beta Ray Bill
6. Thor
7. King Thor
---------
And for those of you who think very highly of thanos:
8. Destroyer
9. Odin
10. Mangog Originally posted by quanchi112
Clears it. Originally posted by quanchi112
Without a doubt he clears it.

laughing out loud

Rao Kal El
Not really. Hulk only differs because it's in his powerset to continually amp. Every hero in comics is able to find hidden/reserve strength from somewhere, doesn't mean they suddenly change tiers. It's just a high-end showing if anything.

High herald stops holding back and wreaks a team. Is pretty simple. A lot of characters do this.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by abhilegend
Not exactly. Superman does change tiers when he stops holding back. Its been ingrained in his character for decades dating back to sixties.
Maybe in the distant past yes but you would do well to prove that statement to be true now.

-Pr-
Maybe in the distant past yes but you would do well to prove that statement to be true now.

Even just before the reboot, he was doing it pretty consistently.

You could even argue that he's been doing it since then too.

abhilegend
OWAW says hi.

Rao Kal El
Is just as easy as to read "the weird"

Character wrecks the JLA, Superman gives a fight.

This happened on the first issues after the post crisis and is been a constant

The Sorrow
Even just before the reboot, he was doing it pretty consistently.

You could even argue that he's been doing it since then too.
I'd disagree, in his own series his feats toned down a lot towards the end. Since the reboot, Clark isn't the center of DC's universe as he once was (although he's still arguably the most powerful on Earth) and looks more vulnerable aswell. It's only in the last few months he's really been producing high herald level feats with any kind of regularity.

-Pr-
I'd disagree, in his own series his feats toned down a lot towards the end. Since the reboot, Clark isn't the center of DC's universe as he once was (although he's still arguably the most powerful on Earth) and looks more vulnerable aswell. It's only in the last few months he's really been producing high herald level feats with any kind of regularity.

He was only toned down in the Krypton series by Robinson, and even then he was taking on teams of people.

The reason he's seemed more vulnerable, imo, is because either a) it was in Action, when he was still growing, or b) because since the reboot he's been faced with a consistently higher level of villain.

Dolos
@That Ignored Fellow who can't behave...

Tyrant doesn't job like Superman, getting ko'd by a Predator esque Extradimensional Alien because he's too quick and then go out and tag the Flash or tank lunar collisions in battles with the likes of Helspont.

Going from struggling with Street Levelers like random mutants, and then go out and cut a moon in half at 2.5 times the speed of light because he found out Obama Luthor is president, or containing a black hole by grabbing it like it doesn't even have an event horizon.

I meant it as in his power REALLY fluctuates, and it can be attributed to his mental blocks. Don't blame me you took it offensively to one of your Tyrannical Idols.

-Pr-
Superman hasn't struggled with a street leveller in years.

Dolos
Superman hasn't struggled with a street leveller in years.

Yeah, a few years ago he gets sent into a solar coma by Doomsday, then a little bit ago he uses the Flash's super power to overcome a far stronger Doomsday who had Heat Vision of his own.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by abhilegend
OWAW says hi.
So one (PIS filled) arc in like 3 decades that doesn't apply to current Superman? Also what about the times he has gone all out and not inexplicably become more powerful than his peers several times over?

TheGodKiller
@That Ignored Fellow who can't behave...

Tyrant doesn't job like Superman, getting ko'd by a Predator esque Extradimensional Alien because he's too quick and then go out and tag the Flash or tank lunar collisions in battles with the likes of Helspont.

Going from struggling with Street Levelers like random mutants, and then go out and cut a moon in half at 2.5 times the speed of light because he found out Obama Luthor is president, or containing a black hole by grabbing it like it doesn't even have an event horizon.

I meant it as in his power REALLY fluctuates, and it can be attributed to his mental blocks. Don't blame me you took it offensively to one of your Tyrannical Idols.
Read a comic, you tool. It's clear that you don't know what the hell you're talking about, spouting inane bullshit like that. Struggling with street-levelers? That's an obsolete argument made by pre-pubescents on comicvine.

I mean, there's a reason that at their averages, Tyrant is placed in a whole tier above Superman in the KMC comic forums. I am also guessing that you've never heard of DP Tyrant. Again, read a comic for a change. It'll benefit you greatly the next time you post on this forum.

Stoic
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Read a comic, you tool. It's clear that you don't know what the hell you're talking about, spouting inane bullshit like that. Struggling with street-levelers? That's an obsolete argument made by pre-pubescents on comicvine.

I mean, there's a reason that at their averages, Tyrant is placed in a whole tier above Superman in the KMC comic forums. I am also guessing that you've never heard of DP Tyrant. Again, read a comic for a change. It'll benefit you greatly the next time you post on this forum.

Don't make me have to come in there and separate you two. stick out tongue

Dolos

Hang on......

cool

K, I'm good.

TheGodKiller
Reported. wink

for backseat modding

Dolos
Okay, your assertion is that I'm uninformed for claiming that Superman fluctuates more than Tyrant between jobbing specifically and high end feats, then you reference a stronger depiction of Tyrant?

How exactly does that counter what I said?

In any case, that's one example of a high end feats, versus typical old Tyrant, Superman is actively portrayed lower than usual and higher than usual.

I believe this is because the author's attempts at trying not to overpower him...it's not like they haven't created a shit storm of weaknesses specially for the Man of Steel.

TheGodKiller
Okay, your assertion is that I'm uninformed for claiming that Superman fluctuates more than Tyrant between jobbing specifically and high end feats, then you reference a stronger depiction of Tyrant?
DP Tyrant stands for "Depowered" Tyrant, smartass. Clearly, just going by the title alone, it's a stronger version of Tyrant. LOL at you talking about jobbing when a mod(who also happens to be a Superman fan himself btw) rectified your obsolete pre-pubescent argument about street-levelers.

How exactly does that counter what I said?
If you were anywhere close to as smart as you pretend to be, maybe you'd know.

In any case, that's one example of a high end feats, versus typical old Tyrant, Superman is actively portrayed lower than usual and higher than usual.
What example are you talking about? Take all their showings into account, including both high-end feats and low showings, Tyrant still comes out ahead by a significant margin.

I believe this is because the author's attempts at trying not to overpower him...it's not like they haven't created a shit storm of weaknesses specially for the Man of Steel.
Get back to me when you yourself are sure about what you're trying to convey.

a88378438
superman wins,thread over

Dolos
Originally posted by TheGodKiller What example are you talking about? Take all their showings into account, including both high-end feats and low showings, Tyrant still comes out ahead by a significant margin.

Get back to me when you yourself are sure about what you're trying to convey.

Just because you misinterpreted the first comment you quoted, and what I was getting at in the first place, doesn't mean I don't know what I'm trying to say.

I'm not averaging out low and high end feats...I am saying that Superman's high end feats, the ones that have been claimed in this very thread to be absurd showings, space time shattering strikes, strikes that take apart planets, numerous ftl showings, tanking a super nova, tanking the Mageddon Warhead...can be attributed to the epitome of Superman when the stakes are highest and there are no mental blocks...

Thus I could make an argument that discards his low end feats.

So how does Tyrant's feats stack up against the aforementioned Superman feats while powered by the Heralds?

Are we using depowered Tyrant, Stoic?

TheGodKiller
I'm not averaging out low and high end feats...I am saying that Superman's high end feats, the ones that have been claimed in this very thread to be absurd showings, space time shattering strikes, strikes that take apart planets, numerous ftl showings, tanking a super nova, tanking the Mageddon Warhead...can be attributed to the epitome of Superman when the stakes are highest and there are no mental blocks...

I was talking about it in a general sense, that is one averaged out all or most of their showings, then Tyrant still comes out ahead by a significant margin. Superman at his highest showings has done stuff that is hardly beyond the scope of the power of a skyfather level character, a tier Tyrant is easily capable of belonging in.

I am not sure how you could do that. Unless the same standard is being applied to Tyrant as well.

So how does Tyrant's feats stack up against the aforementioned Superman feats while powered by the Heralds?

Read the comics that Tyrant has appeared in, or browse his respect thread. I am not sure what you mean by "powered by Heralds" as well, because Tyrant's power source is derived from the biosphere of every (life-sustaining)planet in the universe.

I am fairly sure that even DP Tyrant will come out ahead.

Edit: Also, if you have me on ignore then honor the function and stop playing peek-a-boo.

a88378438
superman wins

Batman-Prime
OWAW or FC Superman could win a majority. Standard loses though.

Diesldude
Originally posted by quanchi112
This thread really is telling. Nicely done Stoic. says the guy who picked thanos over lucifer and TOAA. erm

-Pr-
Thinking that this should be closed for spite. Any objections? Or rather, any serious, educated objections?

Dolos
That's the main point I've been trying to make.

Even without sun-dip amp, or similarly to Tyrant being powered up, or the Hulk being angry, Superman's power fluctuates with his mental blocks. In OWAW we get Mongul II training him to overcome his mental blocks, and his feats sky-rocket.

Superman has both solar radiation and sun dip to attribute to why his feats fluctuate, more so than Tyrant does. Why not drop more feats from Superman? Especially because it's in character for him to make overpowered opponents, opponents stronger than him in the past like Darkseid, Imperiax, Doomsday Rex, (and War World and Solaris with sun-dip or sun-orbit amp,) etc, job to him. It's not like he doesn't make up powers on the fly sometimes.

Dolos
Thinking that this should be closed for spite. Any objections? Or rather, any serious, educated objections?

I have no argument with this...

My argument is more of an in-character/portrayal of characters argument. More along the lines of CIS, a kind of he wins because he's Superman and he needs to win and "Superman is as strong as he needs to be."

I'll humbly admit that, as TGK has demonstrated, I know very little of Tyrant. Despite my limited knowledge, the members of KMC have put him in a higher tier than Superman, so obviously his feats must average out higher..

This I guess is a spite thread for Stoic's "friend", if said individual isn't an excuse for a normal spite thread. Either way, lower tier vs higher tier looks like spite - and I think Stoic has received sufficient feedback on that subject.

says the guy who picked thanos over lucifer and TOAA. erm

Replies like that "clears it" should not be taken seriously.

pym-ftw
Cis is a major part of a powerset or else you have guys like Crusher creel and Juggernaut in skyfather range

Stoic
Just because you misinterpreted the first comment you quoted, and what I was getting at in the first place, doesn't mean I don't know what I'm trying to say.

Yes because I don't know what a full powered Tyrant is. I mean we've never seen him do much on panel. Let's stick to what we know is what I'm thinking.

curryman
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Juggernaut in skyfather range

How do you figure CIS keeps Juggernaut from becoming more powerful than the deity that powers him?
smile

Naija boy
lool @ this thread. My goodness. facepalm

pym-ftw
Originally posted by curryman
How do you figure CIS keeps Juggernaut from becoming more powerful than the deity that powers him?
smile
Cytorrak the Elder god?

curryman
Cytorrak the Elder god?

The very same.

pym-ftw
Eldergods > skyfathers
no expression

curryman
Eldergods > skyfathers
no expression

Dear god my sides laughing

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by DTM

Yep, I just confirm it.

He did beat most heralds via ambush.

Worth to mention here, some of those heralds were already very weak.

Morg and Terrax were just being battling each other for a while.

Like Beta just woke up from the beating he got from B&T Thor. If any I believe B&T Thor actually faced a more well rested team of charatcters than Tyrant and b&t Thor was not syphoning energy from his enemies like Tyrant was doing right before He faced the Heralds.

And B&T Thor did not have an army of herald powered robots to help him fight. AND Morg and Terrax did not really help vs Tyrant.

If any was 4 weakened Heralds vs Tyrant.

Lots of context actually change points of view.

Now I wonder b&t Thor vs Tyrant who will come out on top?

D-Block
Tyrant and easy Spite

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.