The Jade Emperor vs The Buddha (Journey to the West battle)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
The setting is heaven, within the the Hall of Miraculous Mist. Sun Wukong, in his rampage, assumes the visage of the Buddha with his transformation powers, and just before the true Buddha arrives, he flees the scene. The Jade Emperor mistakes the Buddha for the imposter, and attacks with his entire army, and all of his allies (Which include demons, and the True Lord Erlang who was the only other character in the story that could defeat Sun Wukong, though not nearly as easily as the Buddha, and with some help.)

The Jade Emperor, and all he commands, vs the Buddha who subdued Sun Wukong.

Who wins?

dynamix
was googling this online and saw this thread lol! I'm very familiar with the JOurney to the West story (sometimes referred to as a chinese odyssey) and also saw practically all the films and serials about that story. From my observation, i think i rank Buddha higher and more powerful than the Jade Emperor. The Emperor got shook by Sun Wukong and all the heavenly hosts couldn't do anything to the Monkey King. Buddha was able to subdue Sun Wukong pretty easily. Buddha's influence is alluded to be so great that his palm alone contains the universe (his fingers represented the pillars at the edge of the universe where Sun Wukon pissed on lol). Jade Emperor

awraru
Jade Emperor easily

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.