Kenobi (ROTS) and Anakin (ROTS) vs. Sids (Sabers Only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KuRuPT Thanosi
who wins this fight.

Bonus:

Kenobi and Kun vs Sids (Sabers only)

ROTJ Vader
Team.

Galan007
Team.

I'm assuming that Anakin will be at his peak(ie. the nigh-unbeatable kid who bested Dooku with a godly degree of ease.) Kenobi would be a good distraction, but wouldn't lend much more than that to this battle, imo.

JakeTheBank
Team.

NewGuy01
Team has a serious advantage here.

Q99
Originally posted by Galan007
Team.

I'm assuming that Anakin will be at his peak(ie. the nigh-unbeatable kid who bested Dooku with a godly degree of ease.) Kenobi would be a good distraction, but wouldn't lend much more than that to this battle, imo.

Kenobi's great if he can stay in sabers, less good when it gets to force.

Galan007
This match is sabers only.

Anyway, even though it has never been confirmed exactly which saber style(s) Palpatine uses, Gillard did confirm that Palpatine is "a master of every weapon and every style"-- and clearly Juyo is heavily emphasized in the combat style he utilizes. Really, Palpatine's style comes off as a Juyo/Ataru/Makashi hybrid. /shrug

Either way, AMfSotF confirms that Juyo's attacks are sufficient to "eviscerate the defenses of a form III master." So even IF Palpatine didn't know that form III is Kenobi's form of choice before facing him, and even IF Juyo weren't a huge part of Palpatine's style, he would still undoubtedly be able to discern as much very swiftly(just as Dooku did), and adjust his style accordingly(even though I don't think he'd need to.)

At any rate, Kenobi could, at the very least, run a little interference while 'Christ-akin' launches his assault and ultimately prevails.

mnat801

Anyway, even though it has never been confirmed exactly which saber style(s) Palpatine uses, Gillard did confirm that Palpatine is "a master of every weapon and every style"-- and clearly Juyo is heavily emphasized in the combat style he utilizes. Really, Palpatine's style comes off as a Juyo/Ataru/Makashi hybrid. /shrug

Either way, AMfSotF confirms that Juyo's attacks are sufficient to "eviscerate the defenses of a form III master." So even IF Palpatine didn't know that form III is Kenobi's form of choice before facing him, and even IF Juyo weren't a huge part of Palpatine's style, he would still undoubtedly be able to discern as much very swiftly(just as Dooku did), and adjust his style accordingly(even though I don't think he'd need to.)

At any rate, Kenobi could, at the very least, run a little interference while 'Christ-akin' launches his assault and ultimately prevails. WTH are you on about...

Galan007
Comprehension is your friend.

Q99

The bonus round is.

Vensai
Team.

You think Anakin is superior to Sidious in sabers?

Jedi Mom
Anakin solos.

NTJack0
God mode Anakin should be able to take this, Obi-Wan is no slouch but he's a bit out of his depth.

Galan007
Originally posted by Vensai
You think Anakin is superior to Sidious in sabers? Yes. I don't think Palpatine could have bested Dooku in sabers with nearly as much ease.

Vensai
Yes. I don't think Palpatine could have bested Dooku in sabers with nearly as much ease.

What evidence did you use to come to that conclusion? Anakin, who beat Dooku, could barely make out Mace and Sidious when they were fighting. Seems like Sidious would overwhelm Dooku with his speed.

Jedi Mom
Don't underestimate Anakin;

''This is Anakin Skywalker:

The most powerful Jedi of his generation. Perhaps of any generation. The fastest. The strongest. An unbeatable pilot. An unstoppable warrior. On the ground, in the air or sea or space, there is no one even close. He has not just power, not just skill, but dash: that rare, invaluable combination of boldness and grace.

He is the best there is at what he does. The best there has ever been. And he knows it.''

mnat801
Originally posted by Jedi Mom
Don't underestimate Anakin;

''This is Anakin Skywalker:

The most powerful Jedi of his generation. Perhaps of any generation. The fastest. The strongest. An unbeatable pilot. An unstoppable warrior. On the ground, in the air or sea or space, there is no one even close. He has not just power, not just skill, but dash: that rare, invaluable combination of boldness and grace.

He is the best there is at what he does. The best there has ever been. And he knows it.'' "You underestimate my power, my master"

5 seconds later he is in a pool of lava with no arms or legs...

Zett
What evidence did you use to come to that conclusion? Anakin, who beat Dooku, could barely make out Mace and Sidious when they were fighting. Seems like Sidious would overwhelm Dooku with his speed.

Well, Dooku on the other hand was on par with Mace, and was able to hold his own against Yoda (the one, who disarmed Sidious in their fight).

Galan007
What evidence did you use to come to that conclusion? Anakin, who beat Dooku, could barely make out Mace and Sidious when they were fighting. Seems like Sidious would overwhelm Dooku with his speed. Non-canon. In the film(which supersedes the novelization), Anakin didn't enter the chamber room until after Palpatine had already been overpowered/disarmed by Mace-- he never saw any part of their saber battle.

As far as the evidence I used to come to my conclusion: imo, Palpatine has yet to display saber skills indicative of being able to best Dooku in a duel nearly as effortlessly as Anakin did. Not saying Palps wouldn't ultimately beat Dooku-- I just think it'd be a close(r) battle.

DARTH POWER

Apart from the fact that this didn't happen in the film, I've never bought the idea that this even means he couldn't fight them. Mace himself thinks of Sidious as a "Blur" in that fight.

"Your eyes can deceive you. Don't trust them" (Ben Kenobi ANH)

Vensai
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Apart from the fact that this didn't happen in the film, I've never bought the idea that this even means he couldn't fight them. Mace himself thinks of Sidious as a "Blur" in that fight.

"Your eyes can deceive you. Don't trust them" (Ben Kenobi ANH)
Alright, thanks for clarifying that. It makes the whole Yoda=Dooku=Obiwan=Anakin<Mace=Yoda=Sidious>Fisto, Tiin, Kolar speed contradiction make sense.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.