Superman is DCs Last Hope Against Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dolos
As you can see, DC is fighting a losing battle against Marvel Comics in the Box Office...

http://i.imgur.com/ZuamO.jpg

Not only that, but Marvel is upping up the ante not just with the three staged Avengers set up and independent films, it's also realeasing a shit load of other films. Dare I say it will keep up with the shit storm of Star Wars shit about to be flooding Hollywood.

However, as you can see - Superman was a major character and his film made a lot of money, even though it got bad reviews. This is because of how iconic he is, everyone flocked to see him at first. Zack Snyder's 300 was a hit, I personally thought what he did with Watchmen was miraculous, and he has TDK's Goyer writing his script, and this film has a huge budget, courtesy of Nolan.

Silent_Bomber
You're missing loads of DC movies, such as the Swamp Things, and Constantine

Esau Cairn
I honestly don't understand the need to do a VS thread of DC against Marvel.
Marvel invested in their own film production company, DC didn't & has chosen not to.

Regardless it's a win win for us geeks wanting superhero movies.

Mindset
Originally posted by Silent_Bomber
You're missing loads of DC movies, such as the Swamp Things, and Constantine ST probably made like 10 million lol.

Supra
I like Marvel and DC so I dont really care who wins

-Pr-
I want both companies to do well.

juggerman
Originally posted by -Pr-

thumb up

the ninjak

Yeah I always found this attitude of I'm a DC, I'm a Marvel to be pointless.

I hope this Superman film is awesome. The last one left a bad taste in my mouth.

Marvel creating their own studio and now venturing into a TV universe that's connected to the movies........just blows my mind though.

They're making all the right moves. Who would've thought DC would be playing catch-up after all the great animations they have made throughout the years.

Galan007
Originally posted by Mindset
ST probably made like 10 million lol. It probably made less than STEEL, tbh.

-Pr-
Originally posted by the ninjak
Yeah I always found this attitude of I'm a DC, I'm a Marvel to be pointless.

I hope this Superman film is awesome. The last one left a bad taste in my mouth.

Marvel creating their own studio and now venturing into a TV universe that's connected to the movies........just blows my mind though.

They're making all the right moves. Who would've thought DC would be playing catch-up after all the great animations they have made throughout the years.

DC always seems to play catch-up, I think. It's just that in a lot of cases, they catch up and then take the lead.

Whether that happens with movies, I dunno.

Robtard
ST probably made like 10 million lol.

Adjust for inflation; that's like a trillion dollars.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Supra
I like Marvel and DC so I dont really care who wins

thumb up

jinXed by JaNx
DC makes the better movies

quanchi112
I view it in the same way as a Smith/Neo conversation with Smith telling him, It is inevitable. Marvel is just better.

Dolos
@Quanchi, I don't care as long as Superman gives ya'll a run for your money. Pun intended.

Robtard
If you take DC's heaviest hitter The Dark Knight and adjust for inflation, it only made about 22mil less than Marvel's heavy hitter, Avengers.

Factor in that TDK only had one previous film building up the hype compared to Avenger's five films. DC is holding their own.

I personally like the idea of Marvel and DC having a movie-war, in the end, it just means higher production value films for the fans, which I am of both. So win-win.

Tzeentch._
Wouldn't say DC is holding their own, because Batman is literally the only superhero they've managed to successfully market in the movie environment since Superman in the 80's. Every single other venture they've has failed, and not just failed, but catastrophically.

Robtard
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
Wouldn't say DC is holding their own, because Batman is literally the only superhero they've managed to successfully market in the movie environment since Superman in the 80's. Every single other venture they've has failed, and not just failed, but catastrophically.

That's cos you is whacked.

Also, just realized those $$$ numbers on that list are also whacked.

Dolos
Originally posted by Tzeentch._

Watchmen did great considering the comparable budget and fan base of Superman and Batman.

marwash22
i wonder why the person who made that movie graphic only included domestic numbers.

Robtard
Originally posted by marwash22
i wonder why the person who made that movie graphic only included domestic numbers.

Cos Mer'ka.

marwash22
Captain Mer'ka?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Dolos
@Quanchi, I don't care as long as Superman gives ya'll a run for your money. Pun intended. One hit won't give marvel a run for their money. They are already onto phase 2 which seems like a well orchestrated musical symphony compared to hey let's reboot Superman and hopefully we can make a hit.

juggerman
Originally posted by quanchi112
One hit won't give marvel a run for their money. They are already onto phase 2 which seems like a well orchestrated musical symphony compared to hey let's reboot Superman and hopefully we can make a hit.

It will when directly competing with a heavy hitter like Ironman this summer. If MOS does significantly better then we will be seeing some shit pop off. If not well then eh

the ninjak
Ironman III has left the bad taste in the publics mouths due to Ironman II.
And MOS has left a bad taste in the publics mouths due to Superman Returns.

Marvel has the advantage because they are pushing their universe ahead into Phase Two. And Ironman III being an evolution of the character.

DC are at a disadvantage for playing the same old game.
Creating a origin story for a character we already know in the flavor of the Nolanverse. Grounded, dark and gritty.

In the end it all depends on how good the films are. But DC are along way off succeeding in creating a Justice League, whereas Marvel are burning ahead with a successful Avengers movie, a TV series based on the universe and films not only based on their lesser popular characters but entering their outer space based characters.

Man of Steel better be the seed that spawns their universe, for the Dark Knight series ended. And nobody is going to except a Bale Batman as a Justice League level hero.

marwash22

not sure how you came to that conclusion considering no one has seen either movie yet and there are no box office numbers to support the statement.

also, i guarantee both of those movies make a profit twice over.

Jim Colyer
Looking forward to Man of Steel on June 14. Just found out about it. Glad they found a new guy to play Superman.

IamEvangeline
anything is going to be better than the Green Lantern IMO...

-Pr-

Marvel has the advantage because they are pushing their universe ahead into Phase Two. And Ironman III being an evolution of the character.

DC are at a disadvantage for playing the same old game.
Creating a origin story for a character we already know in the flavor of the Nolanverse. Grounded, dark and gritty.

In the end it all depends on how good the films are. But DC are along way off succeeding in creating a Justice League, whereas Marvel are burning ahead with a successful Avengers movie, a TV series based on the universe and films not only based on their lesser popular characters but entering their outer space based characters.

Man of Steel better be the seed that spawns their universe, for the Dark Knight series ended. And nobody is going to except a Bale Batman as a Justice League level hero.

have you even seen the man of steel trailer?

Silent_Bomber
ST probably made like 10 million lol.
Well Constantine made 75 million odd in the US

History of Violence made 30 million
Road to Perdition made 100 million

Robtard
They're doing the marketing right for MoS, that "creepy" General Zod trailer was great as a means to stir interest and the regular trailers are making it look better with each release.

Bardock42

marwash22
Originally posted by Robtard
They're doing the marketing right for MoS, that "creepy" General Zod trailer was great as a means to stir interest and the regular trailers are making it look better with each release. They're kinda copying TDK's strategy, which is a good thing.

quanchi112
Originally posted by juggerman
It will when directly competing with a heavy hitter like Ironman this summer. If MOS does significantly better then we will be seeing some shit pop off. If not well then eh This still won't derail marvel. That's the point. Their plans are something dc can only hope to copy as the inferior brand that they are. If dc's golden boy can't outperform IronMan then shame on dc.

stefenspark
I like Marvel and DC.

-Pr-

the ninjak
have you even seen the man of steel trailer?

I saw the recent one and it looks great. The previous ones seemed overly dramatic honestly.
The third trailer had more of a light hearted feel to it. Which is a great advancement.
And Russell Crowe's speech was awesome.

Darth Vicious
Same here. DC has so much good material in their library and it sucks that they can't figure how to make good movies. Nolan's Batman excluded from that.

Mindset
i wonder why the person who made that movie graphic only included domestic numbers. That's all that matters.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Same here. DC has so much good material in their library and it sucks that they can't figure how to make good movies. Nolan's Batman excluded from that. It is kind of funny though.

Darth Martin
As long as DC continues to put out quality products I'll be happy.

Man of Steel will be much better than Iron Man 3.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Martin

Man of Steel will be much better than Iron Man 3. Thats subjective ie. inarguable.

playa1258
Iron Man 3 was trash. MOS will wipe its ass with that movie.

Kazenji
Originally posted by playa1258
Iron Man 3 was trash.

Far from it.

nannasin28
that's connected to the movies.. TL494

quanchi112
Iron Man 3 was trash. MOS will wipe its ass with that movie. Let's predict box office take for both movies then.

Mindset

Man of Steel will be much better than Iron Man 3. Doubtful.

Robtard
Iron Man 3 has the second biggest opening numbers (second to Avengers) and has made 680 million already. MoS going to be severely pressed to beat those figures.

juggerman
Iron Man 3 has the second biggest opening numbers (second to Avengers) and has made 680 million already. MoS going to be severely pressed to beat those figures.

Yeah i see Ironman taking it but i'm still rooting for MoS

quanchi112
Yeah i see Ironman taking it but i'm still rooting for MoS If Ironman beats Superman then marvel clearly is on another level.

DARTH POWER

MOS would do well to make that in total. But its all down to hype. Not quality.

quanchi112
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
MOS would do well to make that in total. But its all down to hype. Not quality. Wrong. Hype can only get you so far.

SupezM'
Had big hopes for Iron Man 3, sadly I was let down. I have big hopes for MoS, hopefully it's as good as some of the early reviews say it is.

I fall under the category of wanting to see both companies to do well, we all benefit if they do. I love the DC universe and the characters in it, Superman is the biggest comic icon there is so hopefully MoS smashes the box office.

quanchi112
Originally posted by SupezM'
Had big hopes for Iron Man 3, sadly I was let down. I have big hopes for MoS, hopefully it's as good as some of the early reviews say it is.

I fall under the category of wanting to see both companies to do well, we all benefit if they do. I love the DC universe and the characters in it, Superman is the biggest comic icon there is so hopefully MoS smashes the box office. I personally don't think Superman is the biggest icon.

SupezM'
I personally don't think Superman is the biggest icon.

lol, I'd like to hear who you think is a bigger icon than Superman? How many T-shirts, tattoos, stickers and countless other places you see his world renown symbol?

Make no mistake, Superman IS the biggest comic book icon...

quanchi112
lol, I'd like to hear who you think is a bigger icon than Superman? How many T-shirts, tattoos, stickers and countless other places you see his world renown symbol?

Make no mistake, Superman IS the biggest comic book icon... Spider-Man. Marvels phase one is also guaranteeing an entire generation is more familiar with the marvel universe.

Robtard
I personally don't think Superman is the biggest icon.

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Point-And-Laugh-Reaction-Gif.gif

quanchi112
http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Point-And-Laugh-Reaction-Gif.gif He isn't.

SupezM'

quanchi112

SupezM'

Robtard
He hates DC, this is his only reasoning/angle. It's well known in these parts and one of the reasons why he got chased out of the Comic Vs forum.

-Pr-
Superman is probably the most recognisable superhero in the world. Probably the most merchandised, too.

Batman would probably be the most popular.

Spider-Man has shot up ever since the movies cameo out though.

Robtard
He isn't.
You're clearly wrong.

quanchi112
Huh? First of all both of those lists were made within the past couple years and ticket sales aren't the end all when it comes to icon status.. I didn't say it was but things are clearly changing drastically in marvels favor. Movies effect the enteral public more than comics.

quanchi112
You're clearly wrong. I'm clearly right.

SupezM'
He hates DC, this is his only reasoning/angle. It's well known in these parts and one of the reasons why he got chased out of the Comic Vs forum.

Oh, I see now.

quanchi112
He hates DC, this is his only reasoning/angle. It's well known in these parts and one of the reasons why he got chased out of the Comic Vs forum. I wasn't chased I left of my own accord. You try too hard.

Robtard
Oh, I see now.

Notice how he claimed your links were outdated and then claimed he never made the claim after you showed they were fairly recent? He uses lie-tactics all the time.

playa1258
Avatar is the highest grossing film ever. I guess Jake Sully is more iconic than Superman.

Robtard
I wasn't chased I left of my own accord. You try too hard.

laughing out loud Stop lying, guy.

At least you stopped denying you hate DC, that's a start to a better you! thumb up

-Pr-
Collectively, Marvel is more popular right now because it has more characters that are popular right now. No single one has quite broken through that glass ceiling though. Spidey is close.

DC really needs to step up its game and get guys like Flash, Lantern and Aquaman more in to the public eye (and in a more accurate, positive note in Aquaman's case).

marwash22
Marvel is more popular right now because they actually had the balls to actively push their characters into the mainstream.

DC is too busy deepthroating Superman and Batman to care about their other characters. Yoou can't expect the mainstream to care about your characters if you don't.

Mindset
Collectively, Marvel is more popular right now because it has more characters that are popular right now. No single one has quite broken through that glass ceiling though. Spidey is close.

DC really needs to step up its game and get guys like Flash, Lantern and Aquaman more in to the public eye (and in a more accurate, positive note in Aquaman's case). No one is ever gonna care about Aquaman.

-Pr-
Marvel is more popular right now because they actually had the balls to actively push their characters into the mainstream.

DC is too busy deepthroating Superman and Batman to care about their other characters. Yoou can't expect the mainstream to care about your characters if you don't.

lol, no shit.

No one is ever gonna care about Aquaman.

Or you.

Robtard
No one is ever gonna care about Aquaman.

Wrong.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111010042535/entourage/images/9/9e/Aquamanad.jpg

marwash22
to be fair, that movie made money because Vinny Chase is a sexy beast, no one actually cared about Aquaman.

-Pr-
Not many people cared about Iron Man before that came out.

marwash22
Not many people cared about Iron Man before that came out. yup; that's my point about Marvel having the balls to make the movies.

-Pr-
yup; that's my point about Marvel having the balls to make the movies.

They'd already had success before Iron Man, though. It was a safer bet than if, say, DC made a Flash or Aquaman movie right now.

marwash22
They'd already had success before Iron Man, though. It was a safer bet than if, say, DC made a Flash or Aquaman movie right now. I think it's pretty safe bet for DC at this point.

While the financial successes obviously belong to Marvel, the fact that Marvel has made Superhero franchises ridiculously popular should be sufficient to make DC comfortable enough to think people will support their movies too.

They need to make a good movie (which its looking like MoS will be) and then make it very clear that MoS's universe is connected to other characters who will eventually all be seen together on screen like Marvel's Avengers.

The most important thin is that first step, they have to make a good movie... and follow it up with more good movies. Not all of Marvel's movies have been outstanding, but none of them have sucked. One misstep could make a lot of people lose interest in the larger plan.

-Pr-
I think it's pretty safe bet for DC at this point.

While the financial successes obviously belong to Marvel, the fact that Marvel has made Superhero franchises ridiculously popular should be sufficient to make DC comfortable enough to think people will support their movies too.

They need to make a good movie (which its looking like MoS will be) and then make it very clear that MoS's universe is connected to other characters who will eventually all be seen together on screen like Marvel's Avengers.

The most important thin is that first step, they have to make a good movie... and follow it up with more good movies. Not all of Marvel's movies have been outstanding, but none of them have sucked. One misstep could make a lot of people lose interest in the larger plan.

A part of me agrees with you; I just don't think WB think it's as safe a bet. Look at Green Lantern.

I do think, though, that MOS is the springboard, so I'm optimistic.

marwash22
They need to make a good movie

green Lantern was a turd in the punch bowl.

They'll probably pretend Ryan Reynolds GL never happened.

marwash22
if Renner wasn't already Hawkeye i think he'd make a good Hal.

Mindset
lol, no shit.

Or you. u mad

Wrong.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111010042535/entourage/images/9/9e/Aquamanad.jpg laughing out loud

Mindset
if Renner wasn't already Hawkeye i think he'd make a good Hal. Renner could be any hero he wants.

marwash22
you think so?

mhmm

could he be your hero?

could he kiss away your pain?

would he stand by you forever?

does he take your breath away?

-Pr-
u mad

laughing out loud

only because you hurt me so.

quanchi112
Oh, I see now. Don't believe him he's known to lie.

Mindset
you think so?

mhmm

could he be your hero?

could he kiss away your pain?

would he stand by you forever?

does he take your breath away? Yes.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m584q4TiKW1r350zq.gif

quanchi112
laughing out loud Stop lying, guy.

At least you stopped denying you hate DC, that's a start to a better you! thumb up Ive denied it enough because I don't hate them but I do prefer marvel.

juggerman
Not all of Marvel's movies have been outstanding, but none of them have sucked.

Daredevil, Elektra, and the Ghost Riders disagree with you

Kazenji
Daredevil is actually good if you watch the directors cut.

juggerman
Originally posted by Kazenji

I did not so maybe I'll give that a shot. What about the others?

Kazenji
Unfortunately those two are still mediocre.

DARTH POWER

Not seen Director's cut, but I actually like the original version.

marwash22
Daredevil, Elektra, and the Ghost Riders disagree with you those aren't Marvel's movies.

take a seat.

Robtard
Speaking of, is Marvel due to get the Daredevil rights back anytime soon?

I'd not mind a reboot of that with Marvel Studios helming the project.

marwash22
I believe they have the rights to Daredevil.

Future Marvel Studios projects

quanchi112
Daredevil is actually good if you watch the directors cut. Yeah right.

Robtard
Yeah right.

Have you seen the director's cut?

Robtard
I believe they have the rights to Daredevil.

Future Marvel Studios projects

Good. Most good.

Just please don't let them cast Channing Tatum as Murdock though.

quanchi112
Have you seen the director's cut? I just find it very hard to believe its that different.

playa1258
MOS Superman will be stronger than anyone in the Marvel Cinematic universe. Calling it now.

marwash22
MoS is gonna make more than $10m on opening weekend. Calling it now.

Robtard
laughing out loud

-Pr-
Have you seen the director's cut?

I was amazed at the difference in quality when I sat down and watched it. It was like watching a different movie, and the way they shuffled around the arcs made it feel much more like a Daredevil story.

Even Elektra was less annoying.

Darth Martin
Anybody seen the new animated film Superman: Unbound? Worth seeing? Buying?

quanchi112
MOS Superman will be stronger than anyone in the Marvel Cinematic universe. Calling it now. Not the Hulk. Calling it now.

marwash22
Anybody seen the new animated film Superman: Unbound? Worth seeing? Buying? Worth seeing.

I'm gonna buy it just to keep the collection going.

marwash22
Not the Hulk. Calling it now. i seriously doubt they made this Superman weaker than Routh Superman...

Routh Superman > Hulk.

quanchi112
i seriously doubt they made this Superman weaker than Routh Superman...

Routh Superman > Hulk. No way. Hulk proved himself in combat against very superior obstacles than Luthor's punching bag.

marwash22
Routh Superman lifted an island (mountain... whatever it was) made of Kryptonite.

no expression

quanchi112
Routh Superman lifted an island (mountain... whatever it was) made of Kryptonite.

no expression But yet was owned by human level strength. Hulk was combat effective strength far beyond Superman. It's not even close.

marwash22
he had kryptonite in his back.

Quan, stop it.

Robtard
I was amazed at the difference in quality when I sat down and watched it. It was like watching a different movie, and the way they shuffled around the arcs made it feel much more like a Daredevil story.

Even Elektra was less annoying.

Yeah, pretty much sums it up.

Robtard

Worth seeing. Not worth buying.

quanchi112
he had kryptonite in his back.

Quan, stop it. Funny how you excuse the weakness when he did the feat but cling to it when humans kick the crap out of him.

Hulks definitively stronger than him as will remain so.

-Pr-

I thought it was a good adaptation of one of the best Superman arcs of the last decade. I'd buy it, personally.

marwash22
Funny how you excuse the weakness when he did the feat but cling to it when humans kick the crap out of him.

Kryptonite being inside of his body vs. Kryptonite being next to him. I don't believe you to be this stupid.

troll harder.

Robtard
Funny how you excuse the weakness when he did the feat but cling to it when humans kick the crap out of him.

Protip: You're trying too hard again. Tone it down, it won't be as obvious; you might get a real bite. smile

quanchi112
Kryptonite being inside of his body vs. Kryptonite being next to him.

troll harder. Not my fault he has a weakness. Lifting something is well good and dandy but we clearly see human level strength destroy him. Hulk easily destroys him.

marwash22
I thought it was a good adaptation of one of the best Superman arcs of the last decade. I'd buy it, personally. unbiased opinion right here.

biscuits

marwash22
Not my fault he has a weakness. Lifting something is well good and dandy but we clearly see human level strength destroy him. Hulk easily destroys him. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-4CNVYFbRSRw/T7P5M8gH25I/AAAAAAAABNA/zNmXXM3DUJY/s1600/cheryl-cole.gif

quanchi112
Protip: You're trying too hard again. Tone it down, it won't be as obvious; you might get a real bite. smile Hulks combat stronger. I've never relied on strength aka lifting feats to determine anything on these boards. It's hilarious when people do.

Hulk is stronger don't let it get you down.

-Pr-
unbiased opinion right here.

biscuits

laughing out loud

Yeah, I know I'm going to get more out of it than people who wouldn't be in to Superman. I still thought it was a solid movie in general though, and I didn't have to make excuses for a good part of it.

==

So if we're discussing Superman's combat feats when weakened by Kryptonite, are we discussing Banner's too?

Robtard
Hulks combat stronger. I've never relied on strength aka lifting feats to determine anything on these boards. It's hilarious when people do.

Hulk is stronger don't let it get you down.

You should heed my advice. No one takes you seriously.

quanchi112
You should heed my advice. No one takes you seriously. I value your opinion strongly.

quanchi112
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-4CNVYFbRSRw/T7P5M8gH25I/AAAAAAAABNA/zNmXXM3DUJY/s1600/cheryl-cole.gif Yeah, Hulk is shown to be combat stronger whereas Superman can be hurt by human level strength when near the same substance for his greatest strength feat.

-Pr-
Superman had a large part of the kryptonite taken out of his body before he lifted the island. People just innocently forgot that, right?

Not to mention the sundip.

quanchi112
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/08/marvel-studios-boss-kevin-feiges-advice-for-justice-league-movie

Offering friendly advice to Marvel's whipping boy. Hilarious.

-Pr-
You're so bitter I can almost taste it.

quanchi112
You're so bitter I can almost taste it. Just rubbing it in marvels dominance. Don't let it faze you. Marvel is clearly better.

-Pr-
Just rubbing it in marvels dominance. Don't let it faze you. Marvel is clearly better.

If your trolling wasn't so transparent, it might actually have an effect.

I'm sure you'll have plenty of excuses when DC movies do well, too.

SupezM'
http://comicbooks.about.com/od/characters/tp/topsuperhero.htm

Boom.

Robtard

I'm sure you'll have plenty of excuses when DC movies do well, too.

He'll just do the DC bandwagon jump then. Watch. I suspect right after MoS kicks ass.

quanchi112
If your trolling wasn't so transparent, it might actually have an effect.

I'm sure you'll have plenty of excuses when DC movies do well, too. I liked the Batman trilogy. Loved Batman Begins. I don't hate dc I just prefer marvel.

I want marvel to feel competition at some point but you know it is bad whe your rival offers you friendly advice.

quanchi112
He'll just do the DC bandwagon jump then. Watch. I suspect right after MoS kicks ass. Let's make a bet then. Lets see if Mos can at least beat Ironman which it definitely should since Ironman recently just stormed onto the scene and into the mainstream.

quanchi112
http://comicbooks.about.com/od/characters/tp/topsuperhero.htm

Boom. I disagree and marvel is making sure they are changing the mainstream's minds.

-Pr-
He'll just do the DC bandwagon jump then. Watch. I suspect right after MoS kicks ass.

Maybe.

I liked the Batman trilogy. Loved Batman Begins. I don't hate dc I just prefer marvel.

I want marvel to feel competition at some point but you know it is bad whe your rival offers you friendly advice.

Or rather he just knows that if DC wins, everyone wins because healthy competition is a good thing.

If you really liked DC, you wouldn't be so eager to see them fail. You're contradicting yourself.

I disagree and marvel is making sure they are changing the mainstream's minds.

They need another fifty years or so.

SupezM'
I disagree and marvel is making sure they are changing the mainstream's minds.

Sigh. Superman is the epitome of a superhero. His mythology is unsurpassed and when you ask the general public what their version of a superhero is Superman is the answer in most cases...

Don't know what your beef is with DC but even objectively speaking, Superman is the biggest and most iconic Superhero figure. The progenitor of comics and superheroes, #1 time and time again.

quanchi112
Maybe.

Or rather he just knows that if DC wins, everyone wins because healthy competition is a good thing.

If you really liked DC, you wouldn't be so eager to see them fail. You're contradicting yourself.

They need another fifty years or so. I prefer marvel so of course I want to see them in the lead. Grew up reading marvel. Always preferred them. No, I'm not.

Marvel is clearly changing the landscape with these younger generations. They won't need fifty years with technology nowadays.

-Pr-
I prefer marvel so of course I want to see them in the lead. Grew up reading marvel. Always preferred them. No, I'm not.

Marvel is clearly changing the landscape with these younger generations. They won't need fifty years with technology nowadays.

Quan, your own posts say as much. You want to deny it, that's fine.

DC is holding on to the landscape just fine, like they always have done. Yes, more Marvel characters are getting exposure, but that means they're only catching up to DC, who've had well known characters for decades now.

I really don't see what you're expecting them to magically achieve, especially when DC is as strong as it is.

There's room for both companies, always has been.

Robtard
Let's make a bet then. Lets see if Mos can at least beat Ironman which it definitely should since Ironman recently just stormed onto the scene and into the mainstream.

Who the hell cares if MoS beats IM? That's right, you.

I'm hoping MoS does better than Avengers(it won't), not cos of some stupid "I like one so the other has to fail lol lol lol" idiot's stance, but because I'm a fan of both franchises and the better they both do = the better quality superhero flicks all around the audience (which I'm part of) will get to enjoy.

You simply just don't get it.

quanchi112
Quan, your own posts say as much. You want to deny it, that's fine.

DC is holding on to the landscape just fine, like they always have done. Yes, more Marvel characters are getting exposure, but that means they're only catching up to DC, who've had well known characters for decades now.

I really don't see what you're expecting them to magically achieve, especially when DC is as strong as it is.

There's room for both companies, always has been. No, and knowing me all these years you should understand my posting style. I go fr the throat in debating its nothing personal. I like rubbing it in people's faces. That's just who I am. I do hate Superman though save Kingdom Come and Reeves Superman.

Not at all. X Men, Hulk, Spider-Man, now Iron Man, captain America, Thor and more to come.

Marvel is a lot stronger than dc is. Has been this way for quite some time.

I don't lie about what I hate and don't hate.

quanchi112

I'm hoping MoS does better than Avengers(it won't), not cos of some stupid "I like one so the other has to fail lol lol lol" idiot's stance, but because I'm a fan of both franchises and the better they both do = the better quality superhero flicks all around the audience (which I'm part of) will get to enjoy.

You simply just don't get it. Certain fans of the companies do care. Just because you don't quit pretending no one else has the right to.

I prefer marvel. Better characters, better stories, richer history IMO.

Robtard
Certain fans of the companies do care. Just because you don't quit pretending no one else has the right to.

I prefer marvel. Better characters, better stories, richer history IMO.

ie you. "DC has to fail cos I hate them and I love Marvel" nonsense.

We know. Great and you're welcome to those opinions. Why do you want DC to fail cos of them though?

-Pr-

You simply just don't get it.

Pretty much my feelings on the matter too.

No, and knowing me all these years you should understand my posting style. I go fr the throat in debating its nothing personal. I like rubbing it in people's faces. That's just who I am. I do hate Superman though save Kingdom Come and Reeves Superman.

Not at all. X Men, Hulk, Spider-Man, now Iron Man, captain America, Thor and more to come.

Marvel is a lot stronger than dc is. Has been this way for quite some time.

I don't lie about what I hate and don't hate.

Trying to justify being a dick doesn't make you any less of a dick. But like I said, feel free.

No one of those characters is even close to Superman in terms of world-wide popularity and simply being recognisable, so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

In terms of movies, yes. In terms of most other things, they're neck and neck with DC even beating them in some cases. You act like Marvel is superior across the board, when it isn't.

Sure, if you say so.

marwash22
I'm hoping MoS does better than Avengers(it won't), not cos of some stupid "I like one so the other has to fail lol lol lol" idiot's stance, but because I'm a fan of both franchises and the better they both do = the better quality superhero flicks all around the audience (which I'm part of) will get to enjoy. this.

Though, i don't really care if MoS does better than Avengers, so long as it does very well. I'm honestly not worried about it being a financial success, I'm more worried about the quality of the movie. It will make money hand over cock.

quanchi112
ie you. "DC has to fail cos I hate them and I love Marvel" nonsense.

We know. Great and you're welcome to those opinions. Why do you want DC to fail cos of them though? I want marvel to perform better I don't want dc out of business. I enjoyed the Batman films and never acted they weren't quality films. I am honest you should try doing the same.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>