Pixar's Finding Dory

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

-Pr-
So yeah, a sequel to Finding Nemo, and Ellen DeGeneres is playing the lead role, apparently:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/04/02/nemo-finds-a-sequel-finding-dory-announced

btw if this is supposed to be in the animation section, my bad.

BruceSkywalker
i will be taking my nieces and nephews to see this

Impediment
Gah.

This will be another Cars 2. sick

Let it be. The ending of Finding Nemo was magical.

siriuswriter
I never thought the "Cars" movies were as fun as the rest of Pixar's bunch. I mean, Toy Story's sequel was the best of the bunch, for me... and the threequel was pretty damn good. Out of all major movie production groups, Pixar definitely is the most original.

I'm looking forward to Monsters Inc, 2 as well.

Esau Cairn
Seriously it's taken 10 years for a sequel, that alone says Pixar's struggled hard to come up with a decent storyline.

siriuswriter
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Seriously it's taken 10 years for a sequel, that alone says Pixar's struggled hard to come up with a decent storyline.

... 10 years since Finding Nemo came out? I was a sophomore in high school....

AUGH. I'm sooooo old!

KingD19
Originally posted by Esau Cairn

Or that they've been focusing on new stuff while working on it at their leisure. They've come out with a loooot of stuff since Finding Nemo came out.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by KingD19
Or that they've been focusing on new stuff while working on it at their leisure. They've come out with a loooot of stuff since Finding Nemo came out.

Considering the amount of money Nemo generated, I doubt production's been "at their leisure".
Only Toy Story 3 topped Nemo & there was five features in-between.

BruceSkywalker
will any butthurt, salty ignorant folks cry over the fact that this is making money.....

http://deadline.com/2016/06/finding-dory-box-office-central-intelligence-captain-america-totals-1201774498/

Impediment
Just returned from seeing this in 3D with the wife and kid.

The CGI was magical, as always, but the story was ho-hum and forced.

Overall, I enjoyed it but the first movie is still the best.

Kazenji
You can thank Ellen degeneres for getting this made.

riv6672
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
will any butthurt, salty ignorant folks cry over the fact that this is making money.....
Probably.

BetaMaximum601
The family has been wanting to see this movie for a while. I'm pretty eager to see how Pixar handled this familiar name.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by siriuswriter
I never thought the "Cars" movies were as fun as the rest of Pixar's bunch. I mean, Toy Story's sequel was the best of the bunch, for me... and the threequel was pretty damn good. Out of all major movie production groups, Pixar definitely is the most original.

I'm looking forward to Monsters Inc, 2 as well.

Dreamworks consistently has the best animated movies lately.

They just dunno how to **** up.

Cept for Shrek the Third.

Everything else was great.

All 3 Kung Fu Panda movies are fantastic.

HTTYD is an awesome movie series.

Kazenji
Read something regarding the upcoming Pixar movie sequels (Cars 3, Incredibles 2 & Toy Story 4) once they've done those they're moving onto new movies.

riv6672
That'll be fine with me.

The only one of those i'm looking forward to is Incredibles 2 (nothing against Toy Story but the last one wrapped things up well), as it never got any sequel.

Focusing on new movies will just put the company in a good position for the NEXT ten to fifteen years (factoring in sequels to those movies). Thats a sweet deal.

HelloLove
Can't get too much Nemo and Dory - so welcome back!!! clapping

riv6672
I've seen a couple of reviews (that help re-enforce my general ambivalence towards reviews) that called the movie formulaic.
Well no shit, you can say that about 90% of all movies, most of which arent made half as well.

Kazenji
^ Let me guess from Rotten Tomatoes?

screw that place.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.