KMC Green Lantern Battle Royale

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blair Wind
"KMC member, you have the ability to overcome great fear. Welcome to the Green Lantern Corps."

After 12 months of training with Kilowog, Hal, John, Guy, and Kyle these 10 rookies are told that there will be a battle royal to see which 1 contestant will be able to join the Honor Guard and keep the ring. The others will be sent back home as failed recruits.

The Contestants
Pr
Newjak
Badabing
JaketheBank
Abhilegend
Leonidas
Galan
Rage of Olympus
Psycho Gundam
Blair Wind

The battle takes place on Mogo. Each member has a Green Lantern ring, the training they just received, and knowledge of other Green Lantern's feats from reading comics (including Pre-Johns). They start off .5 miles away from each other in a giant circle. Who's willpower and imagination is the strongest?

Rules:
All out Battle
No BRF
No offensive molecular manipulation
No time manipulation
No insta-wins or cheap tactics
Yellow is not a weakness

psycho gundam
so everyone says "i have infinite willpower" and it's a deadlock

Blair Wind
Originally posted by psycho gundam
so everyone says "i have infinite willpower" and it's a deadlock

I guess. It's just that in every other KMC thread I've done it comes down to the actual character they inhabit. I wanted a thread that focused on the KMC members as individuals.

I'm considering doing one for street level (everyone's Batman) and high meta (Iron Man? Or someone else).

Mindset
Originally posted by psycho gundam
so everyone says "i have infinite willpower" and it's a deadlock We broke Rage's will, so he loses for sure.

JakeTheBank
Personally, I don't think I'd win this, but I'll probably be in the final four or five. I think it'd come down to Galan and Blair.

KingD19
It's between Pr and Bada. As they'll threaten to ban everyone else from the site if they lose.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Personally, I don't think I'd win this, but I'll probably be in the final four or five. I think it'd come down to Galan and Blair.

Really? You'd be in my top three of people I'd be watching out for specifically.

Originally posted by KingD19
It's between Pr and Bada. As they'll threaten to ban everyone else from the site if they lose.

I like how people forget Newjak is a mod.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Really? You'd be in my top three of people I'd be watching out for specifically.

Well, when it comes to imagination and stuff, I know I can be creative, but I also know I'm not that good when it comes to finding loopholes and crazy (yet still plausible and possible) strategies. Realistically, my willpower is good - I have a lot of patience when it comes to dealing with say, Bruce and Carver - but not extraordinarily epic.

KingD19

Hah!!! THe jokes on you!! I never knew he was a mod in the first place. cool

Blair Wind
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Well, when it comes to imagination and stuff, I know I can be creative, but I also know I'm not that good when it comes to finding loopholes and crazy (yet still plausible and possible) strategies. Realistically, my willpower is good - I have a lot of patience when it comes to dealing with say, Bruce and Carver - but not extraordinarily epic.

Still keeping my eye out for Leonidas and you.

Newjak

I like how people forget Newjak is a mod. It's cool I like it better that, means people overlook me until it's too late.

Much like this thread evil face

abhilegend
Its nice to be listed here. I take the victory though, I would just use my knowledge about PC hal's feats.

-Pr-
Yeah, because nobody else has read those, right?

Blair Wind
Originally posted by -Pr-

thumb up

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by abhilegend
Its nice to be listed here. I take the victory though, I would just use my knowledge about PC hal's feats.

lol

juggerman

I really think he thought he was the only one

Newjak
I've decided to become a uniter in this thread and not a divider.

I say everyone in this thread should team up and take on the real threats of KMC. Together our combined might can defeat any foe. To the death of all trolls and socks. Whose with me !?!?

-Pr-
Sure, why not.

Galan007
Given that 12 months certainly wouldn't be enough time for any of us to scratch the surface of, let alone fully master, a GL ring's intricacies/esoteric abilities to their full extent, this really just comes down to who would be able to learn the most in such a short period of time.

At any rate, having read pre-crisis GL comics certainly wouldn't help me here. All it would do is show me what a seasoned veteran coupled with cartoony writing are capable of. I would have neither of those crutches on my side.

-Pr-
Sounds like mental blocks to me. mmm

Blair Wind
thumb up Galan falls due to insufficient willpower.

TheGodKiller
Leonidas wins.

Galan007
Just being realistic. Applying ones willpower to form cohesive shapes/constructs on just a small scale would be extremely difficult for even the most elite RW human minds to grasp over a mere 1 year span of time. Mastering said powers to any extent would be completely out of the question. That's why it ultimately comes down to which of us rookies is the best learner.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Galan007
Just being realistic. Applying ones willpower to form cohesive shapes/constructs on just a small scale would be extremely difficult for even the most elite RW human minds to grasp over a mere 1 year span of time. Mastering said powers to any extent would be completely out of the question. That's why it ultimately comes down to which of us rookies is the best learner.

You couldn't just play along, could you. sad

Galan007
Hah! I have just broken your will. Pr is officially out.

-Pr-
laughing out loud

juggerman

Oh shit son!

Newjak
Originally posted by Newjak
I've decided to become a uniter in this thread and not a divider.

I say everyone in this thread should team up and take on the real threats of KMC. Together our combined might can defeat any foe. To the death of all trolls and socks. Whose with me !?!?

Given that 12 months certainly wouldn't be enough time for any of us to scratch the surface of, let alone fully master, a GL ring's intricacies/esoteric abilities to their full extent, this really just comes down to who would be able to learn the most in such a short period of time.

At any rate, having read pre-crisis GL comics certainly wouldn't help me here. All it would do is show me what a seasoned veteran coupled with cartoony writing are capable of. I would have neither of those crutches on my side. uhuh

abhilegend
Right. I would just teleport everyone's heads off like sinestro did to superman.

Mindset
Just being realistic. Applying ones willpower to form cohesive shapes/constructs on just a small scale would be extremely difficult for even the most elite RW human minds to grasp over a mere 1 year span of time. Mastering said powers to any extent would be completely out of the question. That's why it ultimately comes down to which of us rookies is the best learner. I could do it.

Queer.

-Pr-
Originally posted by abhilegend
Right. I would just teleport everyone's heads off like sinestro did to superman.

Assuming you were still alive to do it, sure, I guess. I'm also sure none of us would have thought of protecting ourselves from that kind of attack.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Leonidas wins.

Galan007
Originally posted by Mindset
I could do it.

Queer. You weren't put in this battle for a reason, ya fackin hohmoh! thumb up

Mindset
sad

Rao Kal El
Carver's or Quan's will is infinite, they have been proven wrong so many times and yet, they keep coming for more.

I'll pick Quan, his delusions makes his will to withstand defeat unmeassurable. laughing out loud

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'd phuck all you b*tch niggas up.

psycho gundam
We broke Rage's will, so he loses for sure. Originally posted by Galan007

who's next? abhi i hope

Mindset
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Carver's or Quan's will is infinite, they have been proven wrong so many times and yet, they keep coming for more.

I'll pick Quan, his delusions makes his will to withstand defeat unmeassurable. laughing out loud Quan is like his own power battery.

Galan007
Quan is like his own power battery. Wrong. Thanos' penis sustains quanchi.

Tony Stark
I guess. It's just that in every other KMC thread I've done it comes down to the actual character they inhabit. I wanted a thread that focused on the KMC members as individuals.

I'm considering doing one for street level (everyone's Batman) and high meta (Iron Man? Or someone else).

Iron Man is Mid-Herald

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Iron Man is Mid-Herald

I, personally, believe he's low herald with the ability to move up if he has access to his additional resources. The board as a whole seems to believe he is high meta. You are alone in your delusion if you believe that, at his base form, he's Mid-Herald.

Unless you have something to say about the actual thread, GTFO.

Rao Kal El
Quan is like his own power battery.

Indeed

Wrong. Thanos' penis sustains quanchi.

....... shocking

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.