Global Weapons Treaty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Symmetric Chaos
http://news.yahoo.com/u-n-overwhelmingly-approves-first-ever-global-arms-155542094.html

The UN just approved a very broad weapons treaty. Apparently the US actually voted in favor of this one.

The name of the treaty is the Arms Trade Treaty:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arms_Trade_Treaty

Omega Vision
A very important symbolic step, let's see if it translates to anything concrete.

Very interesting to see that the "Axis of Evil" all voted Nay, while the usual suspects (China, Russia, etc) abstained. Surprising though that the US didn't abstain.

Dolos
@Communism and Radical Islams and Warmongers: u got pwnt!

Silly Third Worlders, Nukes are for First Worlders..!

Mindship
The only thing that stops a bad nation with nukes is a good nation with nukes.

Dolos
Originally posted by Mindship
The only thing that stops a bad nation with nukes is a good nation with nukes.

Doesn't mean much unless it's a preemptive strike.

A USA with seven major cities erased like New York, LA, Chicago, etc.. is pretty morbid. No help for the people exposed, still births, massive deaths. Yeah.

Mindship
Originally posted by Dolos
Doesn't mean much unless it's a preemptive strike. You do realize I was Lapierring.

Dolos
Originally posted by Mindship
You do realize I was Lapierring. I figured you weren't entirely serious. Neither was I about a treaty being foolproof.

Bat Dude
Now the question is: what will they define as "human rights abusers"...

The FBI and United States government consider anyone with 7 days of food (or more) stored up to be a potential terrorist...

Among the other things the FBI considers "terrorist/suspicious activity":

-Owning a gun
-Paying with cash
-Using the internet at home
-Communicating on a video game (XBL, PSN, etc.)

and so much more!

Tzeentch._
lol

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Bat Dude
Now the question is: what will they define as "human rights abusers"...

The FBI and United States government consider anyone with 7 days of food (or more) stored up to be a potential terrorist...

Among the other things the FBI considers "terrorist/suspicious activity":

-Owning a gun
-Paying with cash
-Using the internet at home
-Communicating on a video game (XBL, PSN, etc.)

and so much more!
That's not really a human rights abuse.

It's silly, paranoid maybe, but unless those things are turned into actual crimes rather than reasons for suspicion then it's not "abuse"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.