Lady Shiva vs Gamora (Best of the Best in Combat)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
If they were to meet up and fight it out which one would win?

1. Unarmed combat

2. Standard gear.

Shiva is bumped up to Gamora's strength level, in case some believe that she would not match up well without the handicap.

They fight within character.

Which one wins?

TheGodKiller
Gamora.

Stoic
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Gamora.

You know that Shiva is considered to be the world's Greatest Fighter right?

beatboks
Originally posted by Stoic

You know that Gamora is considered to be the Universe's Greatest Fighter right?

Gamora STOMPS

TheGodKiller
And?

Konton

You know Zatanna has been called the most powerful member of the JLA? Doesn't mean it's true.

Cogito
Karate Kid is DC/Comic's best.

That said, I'm generally of the belief that Gamora is overrated. I think there's probably several Marvel characters on or above her level, but then I'm no expert on MA's in general.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Cogito
Karate Kid is DC/Comic's best.

That said, I'm generally of the belief that Gamora is overrated. I think there's probably several Marvel characters on or above her level, but then I'm no expert on MA's in general.

She's not, during infinity war she tooled Rogue and She hulk, she was kicking Ronin butt during the Pre Annihilation war, spare with Thanos landed nerves strikes even though it didnt phase him it show us her speed, but her blows have affect class 100+ and below. Gamora is no joke, if she had Thor level strength she would be the WW of Marvel universe.

Q99
Putting aside who's considered what... Gamora is significantly superhuman, like class 25 IIrc.

They might possibly be similar in skill, heck Shiva could even be more skilled, but Gamora's been enhanced to high levels and Shiva hasn't.

celeyhyga17
Karate Kid > Gamora > Shiva

Daredevil1
I think Gamora wins.

Golgo13
Probably Gamora.

BUSTER1
Originally posted by Q99
Putting aside who's considered what... Gamora is significantly superhuman, like class 25 IIrc.

They might possibly be similar in skill, heck Shiva could even be more skilled, but Gamora's been enhanced to high levels and Shiva hasn't.

The OP states that Shiva has Gamora's strength level for the fight

pym-ftw
Sexy Green Gams ftw

namorsubby
Gamora. Shes in another class physically.

leonidas
if they are fighting, shiva gets slaughtered. gamora is is close to cl75, and has ridiculous healing. shiva has no chance in 1on1. if we're comparing straight skill, that's different. everyone always SAYS gamora is awesome, but when it comes to actual martial arts/combat feats, well, she is very much lacking. in h2h, i also find her overrated. she's very good, but nothing aside from her combo of skill AND physical power, really sets her apart skill-wise from other high end MA guys. if someone has feats, i'd happily change my mind.

TheGodKiller
^For the purposes of this thread, Shiva has been upgraded to Gamora's level physically.

I am surprised why people are missing out what's clearly stated in the OP.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Gamora wrecks shop. Significantly stronger with a potent healing factor. I remember it allowing her to even walk on the surface of the Sun for some time or something. Closer to Wonder Woman then Shiva in combat formidability.

TheGodKiller
^I agree that Gamora wins, but even you missed the OP?

Rage.Of.Olympus
^I agree that Gamora wins, but even you missed the OP?

Only skimmed it. Gamora still wins. Even if Shiva is as strong, and perhaps slightly more skilled, Gamora has her healing factor.

leonidas
^For the purposes of this thread, Shiva has been upgraded to Gamora's level physically.

I am surprised why people are missing out what's clearly stated in the OP.

meh, laziness. not the first time, not the last time i'll forgo fully reading an OP. your pointing it out is moot however, because i still stated my opinion on their relative skills. based on feats of displayed skill, i think shiva has it over gamora. her healing is still too much, even if they are physically equalized though. remove healing, and i'd say based on what i've seen, i'd take shiva.

Q99
Originally posted by leonidas
meh, laziness. not the first time, not the last time i'll forgo fully reading an OP. your pointing it out is moot however, because i still stated my opinion on their relative skills. based on feats of displayed skill, i think shiva has it over gamora. her healing is still too much, even if they are physically equalized though. remove healing, and i'd say based on what i've seen, i'd take shiva.

Yea, I'll go with that.

namorsubby
Id go with shiva if their strength is equal.

DTM
Ill go with Gamora here. Shiva is one of the best HTH on Earth, Gamora is one of the best in the Universe.

Golgo13
Who has Gamora beaten in HTH that was on Shiva's level?

remigio_coldez
Gamora kicked Thanos and it seems that he feels it.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/48872/1032502-gamora_owns_thanos_super.jpg

remigio_coldez
This one too. smile

http://www.writeups.org/img/inset/Gamora_Current_H.jpg

h1a8
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Only skimmed it. Gamora still wins. Even if Shiva is as strong, and perhaps slightly more skilled, Gamora has her healing factor.

Her healing factor isn't that great. It's not on the level of Wolverine or Hulk. Not even close. It does gives her a somewhat more resistance from being koed though. But sometimes you have to understand the spirit of the OP. He obviously is trying to find out who's more skilled. Thus he faultily tried to equal them out (physically) so that skill is the only thing that matters.

h1a8
The problem in comics is that super powered guys are shown to be no where skilled as top comic MAs. So it's hard to judge Gamaro's skill if one is only looking at who she fought and not how she fought them. We have to be subjective a little and look at the things she did when she fought those guys. We have to know a little about MA and judge how skilled she really is. Meaning, those with no MA experience shouldn't be in this discussion. Based off what I saw from her I would say that she is very close in skill to Shiva.

cdtm
Gamora's kind of hard to nail down in terms of strength and durability, but I think it's safe to say she's well beyond the ability of any street to hurt. I'm not even sure Iron Fist could take her down, after her showing against Ronin.

Stoic
Originally posted by cdtm
Gamora's kind of hard to nail down in terms of strength and durability, but I think it's safe to say she's well beyond the ability of any street to hurt. I'm not even sure Iron Fist could take her down, after her showing against Ronin.

But Shiva is being boosted up to Gamora's level of strength. This brings her up a notch from normal street MA, to high Meta MA.

cdtm
But Shiva is being boosted up to Gamora's level of strength. This brings her up a notch from normal street MA, to high Meta MA.

Strength level, but not durability. sad

Daredevil1
Gamora is darn good, it's hard to peg her as she hasn't really fought her A-list group like others but she makes it up in impressive feats. She stalemated a strike on strike with Logan in one panel IIRC. As her loss to Logan was circumstantial as she was distracted.

h1a8
Originally posted by cdtm
Strength level, but not durability. sad Originally posted by h1a8
But sometimes you have to understand the spirit of the OP. He obviously is trying to find out who's more skilled. Thus he faultily tried to equal them out (physically) so that skill is the only thing that matters.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.