Captain America VS Prince Nuada

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nietzschean
the Golden army have risen and attacked NYC.

the avengers are called in to stop the mayhem.

Captain America squares off with Prince Nuada in the middle of the road.

w4liPmQEPEU
NcdqMhhzNN4

the ninjak
Does Cap get a gun?

If Nuada stalks Cap and forces him to throw the shield he is screwed!

I'm giving this to Nuada depending on whether if Cap holds onto his shield.

Cap's feats in Avengers in regards to when he passively blocked laser from the sky and killed two Chitauri atop the cop car comes into effect.

His struggling with the Chitauri trying to bomb the civilians also does.

Nuada showed great speed and skill avoiding sword swipes then proceeding to slide and kill many sentries to eventually kill his target. And Cap will fall to having a sword forced into his heart.

KingD19
Hellboy fought pretty evenly with Nuada. I'm sure Cap can as well.

the ninjak
Originally posted by KingD19
Hellboy fought pretty evenly with Nuada. I'm sure Cap can as well.

Very true.

I base this fight upon whether Cap throws his shield or not.

Hellboy and Cap are very similar. Cept Cap can throw his unbreakable defense.

juggerman
Hmmmm... I say Prince Nomak takes this more often than not

KingD19
But a shield toss from Cap could really turn things in his favor. He's more than fast/skilled/evasive enough to last against Nuada for the 2-3 seconds it takes for his shield to bounce back. And then Nuada gets cracked in the back of the head. It could also potentially cut him deeply or slice a body part off.

the ninjak
But a shield toss from Cap could really turn things in his favor. He's more than fast/skilled/evasive enough to last against Nuada for the 2-3 seconds it takes for his shield to bounce back. And then Nuada gets cracked in the back of the head. It could also potentially cut him deeply or slice a body part off.

He's too skilled for that. And for arguments sake when did Cap perform a returning shield hit on film?

I'll admit good call if you can show one.

I agree on the return speed of the shield though. He catches that thing hell fast on occasion after launch.

I haven't given up on Cap.

KingD19
Uqpnjf3NKDo

Several times in that fight alone. Pretty good with the ricochet. And as skilled as Nuada is, he doesn't have eyes in the back of his head, and his focus would be on Cap. And he's incredibly arrogant in his fighting style, he'd just think Cap missed and press the attack, then get shield whacked.

S6j0VdQkJPo

Here again against Loki, ricocheting it off Loki himself. And the only reason he could knock the shield off course is because his strength outmatched Cap's. I doubt Nuada could do the same.

the ninjak
Uqpnjf3NKDo

Several times in that fight alone. Pretty good with the ricochet. And as skilled as Nuada is, he doesn't have eyes in the back of his head, and his focus would be on Cap. And he's incredibly arrogant in his fighting style, he'd just think Cap missed and press the attack, then get shield whacked.

One feat.

I knew there was at least one feat. Nice one. Though the feat exists within an environment with many angles and the shield hit the HYDRA agent quite quickly, I give you that but took 5 SECONDS to reach Cap again???

This fight takes place in the middle of a road. How far apart they are is unknown.

If Cap's one ricochet feat (that takes 5 seconds) can hit Nuada whilst he burns in to kill him without any resistance. I'll be surprised.

Cap better hold onto that shield.

Cap releasing his sole weapon that Nuada change his momentum in movement as he runs in to deal the death blow?

KingD19
The reason it took so long seems to be because of the angle it hit the soldier and how it bounced off his armor. But while it took a bit to get back to him, it's the fact that it hit the soldier that counts. Cap will be aiming at Nuada, and when Nuada gets hit, he'll be disoriented in the least, because his durability isn't that great. A clean hit would probably ko him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=KFWTL_66Yf0#t=153s - Here's another example of his skill with ricochet shots.

And the "middle of the road" in New York still means cars, light poles, mailboxes, signs, and tons of other things to bounce the shield off of.

And Cap fighting against Loki proves he can hang with opponents of that caliber.

the ninjak
Loki remained stationary during his fight with Cap though.
He had a superiority complex. And wanted to get captured.

He deflected the shield undoubtedly due to the fact that he can tangle with Thor.

Nuada sensed and ducked the sentries assault at 57 seconds into the fight of the OP's video.
He has nothing else to focus on except Cap's shield.

The guy could perceive a drop in the air and cut it in twain.

This is a good fight.

marwash22
Hellboy fought pretty evenly with Nuada. that's not how i remember it.

KingD19
The first time he was sh*tfaced drunk, and the second time while he was able to fight him, he couldn't bring himself to hurt Nuada since it would hurt his twin.

juggerman
Originally posted by marwash22
that's not how i remember it.

The 1st fight was not even close. The 2nd fight was much better but i believe Hellboy took advantage of the environment since he couldn't stand toe to toe with the prince

marwash22
The first time he was sh*tfaced drunk, and the second time while he was able to fight him, he couldn't bring himself to hurt Nuada since it would hurt his twin. Nuada was clearly the better fighter.

Cap wins, btw.

the ninjak
Hellboy had lots of escapes during their final fight.

Including Nuada having a damaged arm.

Nuada was clearly the better fighter.

Cap wins, btw.

If Cap holds onto that shield he has a good chance.

Robtard
Don't see Capt landing a shield smash before Nuada lands a spear stab.

KingD19
It's easy to say he was better when he was drunk and Nuada had a 5+ foot long spear and Hellboy was unarmed.

yMjMgMaakMY

However, when he was sober and undistracted, he had the advantage for most of the match, and won. As fo rusing the environment, he did, but so did Nuada.

2uH4GEX0cWM

And Hellboy was the one who damaged Nuada's arm, Ninjak. And that made Abe Sapien realize the link between Nuada and Nuala was physical as well as mental.

The 2nd vid also shows that even when focused on an opponent, he can be taken off guard from behind.

FrothByte
Hellboy beating Nuada was more a case of "Hero always beats the villain" syndrome. This is a common problem whenever we use Villains in vs. matches. I mean, Nuada was fast enough to cut a rain drop in two and yet somehow the lumbering Hellboy was able to match all of his attacks?

Anyway, plot bias aside, I give this match to Nuada. The guy has centuries more experience than Cap, has shown way better combat feats in h2h (taking on those elven swordsmen was a better display than any I remember Cap doing), and IMO his magical spear is a better fighting weapon than the shield.

As for throwing the shield and ricocheting to come back... Nuada was successfully able to beat multiple swordsmen, some of them launching attacks at his back. I don't think it would be that easy to get a trick shot into him.

the ninjak
It's easy to say he was better when he was drunk and Nuada had a 5+ foot long spear and Hellboy was unarmed.

He went down.

However, when he was sober and undistracted, he had the advantage for most of the match, and won. As fo rusing the environment, he did, but so did Nuada.

Hellboy would've been screwed I believe if Hellboy didn't have ground to adapt.

And Hellboy was the one who damaged Nuada's arm, Ninjak. And that made Abe Sapien realize the link between Nuada and Nuala was physical as well as mental.

Unfortunately none of those characters are present in this fight. Being Nuala and Sapien.

The 2nd vid also shows that even when focused on an opponent, he can be taken off guard from behind.

Not when all that exists in the fight is a street and Cap and his shield. Not an environment full of cogs and pieces rotating around.
Though I must admit, it was BS Hellboy sneaking up on him at that point.

marwash22
Originally posted by FrothByte
I mean, Nuada was fast enough to cut a rain drop in two and yet somehow the lumbering Hellboy was able to match all of his attacks?

Hellboy is large, but calling him lumbering is mischaracterizing.

KingD19
Originally posted by the ninjak
He went down.

Hellboy would've been screwed I believe if Hellboy didn't have ground to adapt.

Unfortunately none of those characters are present in this fight. Being Nuala and Sapien.

Not when all that exists in the fight is a street and Cap and his shield. Not an environment full of cogs and pieces rotating around.
Though I must admit, it was BS Hellboy sneaking up on him at that point.

He went down because he was piss drunk and had no weapon against Nuada who had a magically extending spear. It's clearly shown when they fight later on how skilled he is when he's sober.

And the same can be said for Nuada. It was him who made the move to retreat and get some breathing room in the first place. Also, Hellboy lost his sword, which Nuada couldn't have taken advantage of if they weren't on the cogs, because he could have gotten it back otherwise.

And Nuala not being in this fight is in Hellboy's favor. Because he doesn't have to worry about her getting hurt, he doesn't have to hold back.

And "A street" in New York on average has at least somewhere between a half dozen and a dozen cars, street signs, buildings, trees, light posts, and etc... It's not just a barren wasteland.

And Marwash is also correct. Hellboy has shown incredible skill and agility throughout both movies as well as a great combat mind. For example when he fought Kroenen in the 1st movie. When he fought Sammael, when he fought the forest elemental, etc..

he's never been lumbering. Just big.

FrothByte
Hellboy is large, but calling him lumbering is mischaracterizing.

Hellboy reminds me of WWE wrestlers. Despite their size, they are actually a lot more athletic than given credit for. They're a lot more nimble than body builders and bouncers anyway, but still they are not ninjas.

Hellboy is not slow, but he is nowhere near Nuada's speed or agility nor skill even, which made him being able to match Nuada somewhat out of character. Hellboy mostly uses a brawling fighting style like we see him use against Kroenen, so seeing him easily wielding a sword against a master swordsman like Nuada had me raising my eyebrows.

KingD19
Hellboy showed how fast he could be in the 1st movie, when he was doing well against Kroenen, a guy who could easily block automatic gunfire.

the ninjak
He went down because he was piss drunk and had no weapon against Nuada who had a magically extending spear. It's clearly shown when they fight later on how skilled he is when he's sober.

Agreed. Never disputed the fact.

And the same can be said for Nuada. It was him who made the move to retreat and get some breathing room in the first place. Also, Hellboy lost his sword, which Nuada couldn't have taken advantage of if they weren't on the cogs, because he could have gotten it back otherwise

Oh cmon! he gave Hellboy the weapon in the first place. It's unimportant to the fight anyways.

And Nuala not being in this fight is in Hellboy's favor. Because he doesn't have to worry about her getting hurt, he doesn't have to hold back.

Very true. But Cap doesn't know that and Nuada doesn't have a damaged arm.

And "A street" in New York on average has at least somewhere between a half dozen and a dozen cars, street signs, buildings, trees, light posts, and etc... It's not just a barren wasteland.

Agreed. Though Nuada only has to focus on two whole things. A man and his shield.

And Marwash is also correct. Hellboy has shown incredible skill and agility throughout both movies as well as a great combat mind. For example when he fought Kroenen in the 1st movie. When he fought Sammael, when he fought the forest elemental, etc..

he's never been lumbering. Just big.

I never disagreed. Hellboy was surprisingly skilled whilst drunk and did well enough with just his fist. Cap has his shield and nothing else and sure as hell can't use a bladed weapon in the way Hellboy did in the final fight. Not like he has one anyways.

I still think Cap has a good chance if he holds onto the shield. I believe he opens himself if he throws it though.

FrothByte
Hellboy showed how fast he could be in the 1st movie, when he was doing well against Kroenen, a guy who could easily block automatic gunfire.

If you mean this fight:

kkaTeY9K2Hg

Then that's basically Hellboy using his stone arm to block Kroenen's attacks and then started punching him hard in the face. Not really a great show of agility or nimbleness but a good show of him overpowering his opponent.

KingD19
It showed how quickly he could react. And that's pretty damn fast considering Kroenen was blocking machinegun fire without much effort. And his speed was enough to take Kroenen off guard, who was pretty much the most badass guy in the movie aside from HB himself.

FrothByte
It showed how quickly he could react. And that's pretty damn fast considering Kroenen was blocking machinegun fire without much effort. And his speed was enough to take Kroenen off guard, who was pretty much the most badass guy in the movie aside from HB himself.

So are you telling me Hellboy should be able to block machinegun fire or slice a raindrop as well?

Kroenen was launching hit after hit at Hellboy's face, he didn't even try to hit him in different places nor do fakes nor circle him or what not. What I'm saying is, Hellboy really didn't have such a hard time blocking him simply because Kroenen fought very one-dimensional in that fight, and nothing like he did when he took on the machineguns.

The Fat Rambo
Nuada.

the ninjak
I really wish OPs would provide how far away combatants are in these fights.

But yes considering the OP said they square off in the middle of the road I see Nuada's spear entering Cap's guts.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.