Mangog vs Tyrant

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
Mangog at peak vs Tyrant at peak

1.H2H
2.Both use full powers & abilities no BFR
3.The above with BFR on

Who wins in each of the above?

the Darkone
it has been done before

ozz81
^^ cool i saw it... wasn't it the weakened tyrant ?

Damborgson
ohhh this is FP Tyrant? Yeah Mangog's going to have a bad day bro. DP Tyrant's a different story though.

zopzop
There is no "DP" Tyrant.

Tyrant wins.

Dampyre
Originally posted by zopzop
There is no "DP" Tyrant.

Tyrant wins.

I kind of agree. Even in his dimished form, Tyrant seems to have a nearly unlimited ability to absorb and store energy. He'll make Mangog his lackey. If Mangog refuses then he gets killed.

Damborgson
There is no "DP" Tyrant.

Tyrant wins.

You know damn well what's meant by the term. no expression

zopzop
Originally posted by Damborgson
http://imageshack.us/a/img221/2486/silversurferv308234.th.jpg
There is no DP Tyrant. At least not since his return from exile.

Damborgson

Quit trolling.

zopzop
Quit trolling.
FAIL. I just provided you the scan genius. There is NO DP Tyrant since his return from exile.

It's right there. R E A D and UNDERSTAND what you are attempting to read.

Damborgson
FAIL. I just provided you the scan genius. There is NO DP Tyrant since his return from exile.

It's right there. R E A D and UNDERSTAND what you are attempting to read.

Zop-tard-Zop,

The Tyrant being specified in this thread is FP, but the tyrant talked about generally in other threads as DP, is what was being referred to.

So, yeah quit trolling. If you can. It's about all you show up to do on the site, but you keep posting...for some reason.

Stoic
There is no "DP" Tyrant.

Tyrant wins.

I'm lead to believe the same thing. I mean how could there be, when he did better against Galactus in his mini form. Perhaps he did what Galactus should do. Stay in small compact size to conserve energy.

Tyrant wins this.

zopzop
Zop-tard-Zop,

The Tyrant being specified in this thread is FP, but the tyrant talked about generally in other threads as DP, is what was being referred to.

So, yeah quit trolling. If you can. It's about all you show up to do on the site, but you keep posting...for some reason.
THERE IS NO DP TYRANT. SCAN PROVIDED. For phucks sake.
Originally posted by Stoic
I'm lead to believe the same thing. I mean how could there be, when he did better against Galactus in his mini form. Perhaps he did what Galactus should do. Stay in small compact size to conserve energy.

Tyrant wins this.
Scoll up, I even provided the scan.

Damborgson
THERE IS NO DP TYRANT. SCAN PROVIDED. For phucks sake.

THAT'S NOT THE POINT. PUT THE BLEACH DOWN.

zopzop
ohhh this is FP Tyrant? Yeah Mangog's going to have a bad day bro. DP Tyrant's a different story though. Originally posted by zopzop
http://imageshack.us/a/img221/2486/silversurferv308234.th.jpg
There is no DP Tyrant. At least not since his return from exile.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Damborgson
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Horrificus
The hatred and power generated by Tyrant will fuel Mangog to undreamt levels!

Not only does Tyrant lose, he probably helped Mangog finally destroy the universe.

guy222
Tyrant is on another lvl here

Hey friend

Horrificus
Originally posted by guy222
Tyrant is on another lvl here

Hey friend how's it going guy?
your opinion is always respected dude.

guy222
hey buddy urs is also

just living life in missouri

how u been

Horrificus
Originally posted by guy222
hey buddy urs is also

just living life in missouri

how u been living life in pennsylvania and takin things as easy as possible. big grin

WhiteWitchKing
Eventually DP Tyrant wins unless it's Silver Age Mangog.

Horrificus
SA Mangog should be able to take this. And, if we consider that he can feed off of Tyrant, it should be a definite win.

I can't see Tyrant doing to Asgard what Mangog did. And, I can't imagine Odin shittingbricks over Tyrant, since he never even seemed that terrified against the Celestials or Galactus.

But, against Mangog, he was terrified and defeated, simply from the historical defeat he suffered.

If Tyrant has the ability to cut Mangog off from his power sources, (of which there are possibly/probably several), he would probably win. Or, if Tyrant can keep Mangog from feeding off of himself.

Or, if it can be shown that Tyrant, being an artificial construct, does not even have emotions to fuel Mangog, that would be a plus.

But, it still doesn't rule out the feeding Mangog does from violence alone.

Tar-Antado
Mangog powers several of Tyrant's orbs.

TheGodKiller
Tyrant wins.

Dampyre
Originally posted by Horrificus
I can't see Tyrant doing to Asgard what Mangog did. And, I can't imagine Odin shittingbricks over Tyrant, since he never even seemed that terrified against the Celestials or Galactus.

LOL...so that means Mangog is more powerful than the Celestials or Galactus? Honestly, Odin should have been afraid of them. They're all much more powerful than he his. Not to mention Odin's monumental blunder of sending the Destroyer against an entire host of Celestials when it wasn't even a match for a single one. Or maybe Odin severely injuring himself by running into Galactus.

I don't care whcih Mangog we use here, he still loses. There's not another character that gets his showings cherry picked like he does. Mangog is OVERRATED to an incredible degree by some.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Tyrant wins and wins convincingly

Horrificus
Originally posted by Dampyre
LOL...so that means Mangog is more powerful than the Celestials or Galactus? Honestly, Odin should have been afraid of them. They're all much more powerful than he his. Not to mention Odin's monumental blunder of sending the Destroyer against an entire host of Celestials when it wasn't even a match for a single one. Or maybe Odin severely injuring himself by running into Galactus.

I don't care whcih Mangog we use here, he still loses. There's not another character that gets his showings cherry picked like he does. Mangog is OVERRATED to an incredible degree by some. "Cherry Picked" would mean that Mangog has a lot of very low showings that get ignored. This is not the case.

Nobody said Mangog is more powerful than Celestials or Galactus. But, to ignore what he did, the statements made about him, what he has withstood, etc, for 3 entire story arcs, is a but idiotic.

Opposition to Mangog, in this forum, ignore more statements, narration, on-panels feats and history with him, than any other character, as far as I can tell.

Dismissing entire stories.. THAT is LOL-worthy.

Tyrant would NOT be able to simply sweep through a fully loaded, manned Asgard without a scratch. Ain't gonna happen.

Personally, my argument for why Tyrant would win, would not simply be because Tyrant is more powerful. I simply think that because of the nature of Tyrant, Mangog would probably not be able to feed off of him.

But, I would imagine that Mangog would be able to hang with Tyrant, harm him and deal with any Tyrant attacks, until Tyrant tapped into other power sources. Then, he would win.

Until then, SA Mangog would definitely prove to Tyrant that this fight is no joke.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Dampyre
I don't care whcih Mangog we use here, he still loses. There's not another character that gets his showings cherry picked like he does. Mangog is OVERRATED to an incredible degree by some. In Mangog/Surtur, you just stated that Mangog is a single good showing.

Your own words.

You obviously haven't read all of his story arcs and are just throwing lowball statements around.

Stoic
Let's just forget about tier hierarchy for a minute OK, and let's focus more on what. or who it took to stop either of these guys. This should make it much easier to decide on whom will be standing when the smoke clears.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Don't get me wrong.. this is no easy fight... But I believe Tyrant is a full tier above Mangog. Doesn't mean it will be an easy fight... but it will be a clear majority for Big T

Horrificus
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Don't get me wrong.. this is no easy fight... But I believe Tyrant is a full tier above Mangog. Doesn't mean it will be an easy fight... but it will be a clear majority for Big T And, I agree. But, I am still defending the lowballing of Mangog.

zopzop
And, I agree. But, I am still defending the lowballing of Mangog.
Magog sucks bro. sick

Damborgson
Magog sucks bro. sick

http://i.qkme.me/353ljn.jpg

zopzop
http://i.qkme.me/353ljn.jpg
whistling1

Raisen
Magog sucks bro. sick

JakeTheBank
Magog totally sucks. He was designed to suck. His entire character was a thinly veiled critique of "90s badassery".

Mangog, however, is quite awesome.

zopzop
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Magog totally sucks. He was designed to suck. His entire character was a thinly veiled critique of "90s badassery".

Mangog, however, is quite awesome.
He sucks so bad, I didn't even bother to spell his name correctly. sick

JakeTheBank
Not sure what sucks about Mangog. He was a great threat when introduced and definitely evokes the Lee/Kirby good ol' days of epic cosmic fantasy. Sure, he wasn't as powerful under Jurgens, but still highly formidable. Even Mangog in his most recent form couldn't be beaten straight up.

Magog is a phucking abomination, as stated by Alex Ross.

zopzop
Not sure what sucks about Mangog. He was a great threat when introduced and definitely evokes the Lee/Kirby good ol' days of epic cosmic fantasy. Sure, he wasn't as powerful under Jurgens, but still highly formidable. Even Mangog in his most recent form couldn't be beaten straight up.

Magog is a phucking abomination, as stated by Alex Ross.
It has nothing to do with his power level. I just think the character sucks.

JakeTheBank
It has nothing to do with his power level. I just think the character sucks.

He looks adorable.

leonidas
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Don't get me wrong.. this is no easy fight... But I believe Tyrant is a full tier above Mangog. Doesn't mean it will be an easy fight... but it will be a clear majority for Big T

i can mostly agree with this. the only thing in question is mangog's ability to absorb hate. he was going to be pretty well above odin i think at one point, so if he could absorb hate from tyrant and continue to gain power, this could be very close indeed....

Dampyre
In Mangog/Surtur, you just stated that Mangog is a single good showing.

Your own words.

You obviously haven't read all of his story arcs and are just throwing lowball statements around.

I have Mighty Thor #157 and #250 in my collection. I have Mangog's recent appearances under Jurgens. There's also the Thunderstrike issues which I've seen as well. I won't count the Marvel Fanfare issue where Mangog battles the Surfer. That's not in continuity as far as I can tell.

Horrificus
At least, back when Mangog made his first appearances, his character and threat level were unique.

Tyrant is one of the most absolutely useless, redundant, unoriginal characters to be created in the last 20 years. His story makes no sense and his abilities/showings do nothing to support the attempted fluff for him.

In many ways, Tyrant is simply another, less threatening version of Mangog. And, by "less threatening", I mean that Mangog was a much bigger threat to Odin, than Tyrant is to Galactus. And that is shown in their appearances.

Mangog shows up, with his history and begins to run amok as the stories attempt to unfold past events and the threat level.

Odin inadvertently CREATED Mangog.

Mangog can actually FEED off of his enemies.

Hmmm... sound familiar? laughing Hey! That's Tyrant's story too!

Only, Tyrant came along many, many years later. And, in Tyrant's version, Galactus was never crapping his pants terrified of Tyrant.

So, somebody got the idea to combine the ideas of Mangog and Korvac to create Tyrant. Yay.

I can go on, so, really, it probably isn't a good idea to attack character quality in this particular thread.

Horrificus
At least, back when Mangog made his first appearances, his character and threat level were unique.

Tyrant is one of the most absolutely useless, redundant, unoriginal characters to be created in the last 20 years. His story makes no sense and his abilities/showings do nothing to support the attempted fluff for him.

In many ways, Tyrant is simply another, less threatening version of Mangog. And, by "less threatening", I mean that Mangog was a much bigger threat to Odin, than Tyrant is to Galactus. And that is shown in their appearances.

Mangog shows up, with his history and begins to run amok as the stories attempt to unfold past events and the threat level.

Odin inadvertently CREATED Mangog.

Mangog can actually FEED off of his enemies.

Hmmm... sound familiar? laughing Hey! That's Tyrant's story too!

Only, Tyrant came along many, many years later. And, in Tyrant's version, Galactus was never crapping his pants terrified of Tyrant.

So, somebody got the idea to combine the ideas of Mangog and Korvac to create Tyrant. Yay.

I can go on, so, really, it probably isn't a good idea to attack character quality in this particular thread. And, out of respect for my opposition, I purposely left out any similarities that Tyrant has with Rapunzel.

Ooops.

Horrificus
Yes. I'm smart. big grin

h1a8
Mangog's power output wasn't above high herald. His durability was skyfather level though.

I don't see Mangog able to hurt Tyrant and I see Tyrant having a hard time hurting Mangog. But using the writer's notion of a billion billion beings (while Thor thinking he was exaggerating) then I would say Tyrant wins.

Horrificus
Originally posted by h1a8
Mangog's power output wasn't above high herald. His durability was skyfather level though.

I don't see Mangog able to hurt Tyrant and I see Tyrant having a hard time hurting Mangog. But using the writer's notion of a billion billion beings (while Thor thinking he was exaggerating) then I would say Tyrant wins. Of course his power output was much higher than high herald. It was just usually being channeled into his physical offenses and defenses, a la Zeus beating the green off of Hulk a while back.

Because Mangog wielded his power in this way, it made him immune to physical and energy attacks from Thor and THE skyfather. Also, he was able to knock Thor out several times and Odin twice, one time being an Odin at full power. Mangog also one-shotted Kartag the Keeper, a character that wielded the power of the Twilight Well, which was the twin of the well that Odin draws his power from.

These are not high-herald or even skyfather level feats. One-shatting and terrorizing characters of these levels is way up there. (and yes, I meant to type "shatting" big grin )

The few times Mangog used his power in other ways, he was able to casually do things like imprison a fully powered Loki in "amber" and turn Asgardian Gods into pigs.

But, he was also capable of energy projection and there were hints as to him teleporting.

This is a character whose abilities and powers have never been fully explored.

Damborgson
He looks adorable.

http://www.leaderslair.com/marvelvillains/mangog-sm.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0hzhvB4Hx1r5xzspo1_250.gif

h1a8
Of course his power output was much higher than high herald. It was just usually being channeled into his physical offenses and defenses, a la Zeus beating the green off of Hulk a while back.

Because Mangog wielded his power in this way, it made him immune to physical and energy attacks from Thor and THE skyfather. Also, he was able to knock Thor out several times and Odin twice, one time being an Odin at full power. Mangog also one-shotted Kartag the Keeper, a character that wielded the power of the Twilight Well, which was the twin of the well that Odin draws his power from.

These are not high-herald or even skyfather level feats. One-shatting and terrorizing characters of these levels is way up there. (and yes, I meant to type "shatting" big grin )

The few times Mangog used his power in other ways, he was able to casually do things like imprison a fully powered Loki in "amber" and turn Asgardian Gods into pigs.

But, he was also capable of energy projection and there were hints as to him teleporting.

This is a character whose abilities and powers have never been fully explored. Most high heralds have koed other high heralds. Some have one shot their peers before. Mangog has hit Thor several times without a ko. Look at how Thor was koed though. He fell off Mangog's back to the ground and the ground koed him. Classic Thor was so inconsistent it's pathetic.

Mangog never koed Odin (at full power). The keeper of the well has no good feats to say that one koing him is above high herald. I would put any high herald above him.

Again, everyone jobbed to Mangog. They were koed falling off bridges and into water, etc. Mangog said he had the power of a billion billion beings yet in canon Thor said he was exaggerating (after Thor fought him). Turning asgardians into pigs and encasing Loki in amber isn't proving his power output is above high herald level.

Horrificus
Originally posted by h1a8
Most high heralds have koed other high heralds. Some have one shot their peers before. Mangog has hit Thor several times without a ko. Look at how Thor was koed though. He fell off Mangog's back to the ground and the ground koed him. Classic Thor was so inconsistent it's pathetic.

Mangog never koed Odin (at full power). The keeper of the well has no good feats to say that one koing him is above high herald. I would put any high herald above him.

Again, everyone jobbed to Mangog. They were koed falling off bridges and into water, etc. Mangog said he had the power of a billion billion beings yet in canon Thor said he was exaggerating (after Thor fought him). Turning asgardians into pigs and encasing Loki in amber isn't proving his power output is above high herald level. Too many words and I'm tired. So, I am guessing you agree with me. Good! big grin

Horrificus
Too many words and I'm tired. So, I am guessing you agree with me. Good! big grin This guy is a frigging idiot! mad

Branlor Swift
In many ways, Tyrant is simply another, less threatening version of Mangog. And, by "less threatening", I mean that Mangog was a much bigger threat to Odin, than Tyrant is to Galactus. And that is shown in their appearances. Well, Galactus won and lost to Tyrant. Mangog won once against Odin and lost a couple times.

Tyrant's story also ended with a severely weakened Galactus, and everyone getting blasted by the UN... so there's that.

Plus, it's also Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.