reality tv

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire349
what do you all think of this godless television trend. i find it to be a damn shame that great shows (family guy) are canceled in order for more flavor of the week reality shows can be put in their place. reality tv is a tool of the devil.

Julie
I agree.....and reality tv is usually very bad......dumb concept.....after the first few

Augeybana
Out of 100 reality shows out there only 3 are good and Family Guy should have been left longer but it sad that these Reality shows make so much good ratings.

Tex
I dont watch any reality TV, however many people must, cause they just continue to shove out the shit.sick

GordonSkywalker
To think it all started with the Real world back in 1992. Nowdays there are so many spinoffs,ripoffs, and such. Shows like The Bachelorette and Elimidate are stinking up the airwaves now. Not to mention The Osbournes and Survivor.Where will it end? This kind of entertainment is ruining shows like Family Guy.

BackFire349
real world is my most hated show.

Augeybana
What next THe Simpsons.I'll beat up all The Osbournes before they shut down that show.

BackFire349
the simpsons should be cancelled soon, they are really running out of ideas. and it pains me to say that cuz i am the biggest fan of the simpsons tha ti know of.

GordonSkywalker
I heard The Simpsons just started its 14th(?) season on Fox. Is this true? As for The Real World, that has had so many sequels it's pathetic. My sister watched every episode of every version at least until she got married and moved to Wisconsin.Thank God I got to watch TV whenever I wanted to when she left! A red-letter day indeed.

Augeybana
Yes The Simpsons is in their 14 year and sign a contract for another two years.

BackFire349
yep.

GordonSkywalker
Good Grief! They must be running out of ideas by now surely?

BackFire349
they are, as you can surely tell by watching recent episodes.

Augeybana
Some episodes suck but after watching it sso long it'll be sad to see it go it still a little funny.

BackFire349
yeah, its still one of the best shows out there. just nothing compared to what it used to be. certainly better then every single reality show that has ever come out.

Tex
Simpsons has been horrible for years now!

BackFire349
not horrible, still better then most shows.

GordonSkywalker
I haven't seen it lately. I never seem to be on the right channel at the right time!

BackFire349
sundays at 8 on fox.

Augeybana
Great show much cleaner then South Park but still good.

BackFire349
current episodes of south park are better then teh current episodes of the simpsons. but still pales in comparison to teh simpsons glory days.

Augeybana
Yeah just like that episode in south park where they said The Simpsons did it all.

BackFire349
yep.

Augeybana
I wonder how long South Park will last?

BackFire349
a good long time.

GordonSkywalker
I cannot stand South Park. And that's after watching loads of it with my sister!

BackFire349
its a brilliant show. one of the smartest ever.

Augeybana
Yeah but it gets to politcally incorrcet sometimes I want to laugh not learn a lesson.

BackFire349
well as south park showed us, you can do both.

GordonSkywalker
That's true I suppose. All I remember is that 'big-boned' child who got an alien artefact stuck up his butt.

BackFire349
that was like the first episode.

Augeybana
Yeah Cartman my favorite character.Hands down the funniest.

GordonSkywalker
Well considering I didn't see it until my sister moved out and got married, we are talking about 1999 or something very close to that!

Augeybana
Damn and think about it South park only has 100 this year.

GordonSkywalker
I guess it does...I haven't been keeping up with it. So is Backfire really gone?

Augeybana
N0.He's still at it with Tex and fun poles I guess.

GordonSkywalker
Ahhhh! I see!

Augeybana
Pretty digusting there will be many closes on threads tormorrow or I should say today.

GordonSkywalker
You don't think Ush will approve?

Augeybana
Hell no.

GordonSkywalker
We can always claim our mental faculties were a bit impaired once Raz bowed out. In my case, that is very true!

Augeybana
That's the truth.

Corran
I think the reality TV shows are a load of old rubbish, I beleive the people that watch them have such sad and pathetic little lives that they must intrude and watch other poeple, these are the same sort of people who will be twitching their curtains to nose at their neighbours.

But hey, it seems to get good ratings and makes the TV companies some money so it must have something good about it.

GordonSkywalker
Very astute comment, Corran.

Augeybana
Real World wasn't that bad but now there aren't any interesting people and the main problem is there's too much reality T.V. out there.

Julie
and it's so unreal:-)

Augeybana
Yeah I believe now there has to be scrpited snenes.

Julie
that's kinda dumb.....yes this is all reall....now say"this and this" (rolls eyes)

GordonSkywalker
I get all the different Real Worlds mixed up. Overkill.

Augeybana
Yeah most sucked but a believe 4 seasons of them were watchable.

GordonSkywalker
I lost track after Pedro died and they threw Puck to the seven winds.

Augeybana
Yeah I heard he was on cribs which really meant he must be paid.

GordonSkywalker
Puck? He was pegged as a trouble maker but I kind of felt for him when they threw him out like that. He was the first to ever be thrown out in Real World history.

Augeybana
Yeah that sucked but before he even got kick out it was going to happened at sometime.

GordonSkywalker
He had what some might call an attitude problem.

Augeybana
Yeah even in the new road rules real world challage he decideed to laeve early and had a fight with he's friend who left the very first day.

GordonSkywalker
Hmmmm...I did not know that.

Augeybana
Yeah every year they have RW and RR fight ecah other for money and prizes you.It's on MTV Mondays at 10.00.It's now called battle of the sexes with girls fighting guys.

GordonSkywalker
I wonder who usually wins these things? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Augeybana
The men have one 8 out of the 12 gamesso far.

Augeybana
The men have one 8 out of the 12 gamesso far.

GordonSkywalker
Ah thanks for putting me in the picture augey.

Augeybana
But I addmit i was one of the $40 million people who saw the last episode of Joe Millionare I just had to see it.It was pretty interesting

GordonSkywalker
Not too familiar with that one.

Augeybana
Yeah this man pretends he's worth $50 million dollars and all these women try to marry him but he really get's paid $15,000 a year the last episode was funny.

Julie
didn't see it....actually I didn't see any of the episodes.....so what happened to the women/? did they marry the guy?

Julie
I meant the winner...naturally ...only one woman

Corran
Unless they play mormon hold 'em.

Augeybana
Well one girl married said she would marry him and they got a free million dollar's but on an episode called aftermath which tells you what and they split up and went their separate way's so did the girl from this other one called the bachloratte same thing.

GordonSkywalker
Hey watch the Mormon jokes.

Corran
It's a Simpsons joke, pretty funny when you watch the episode.

GordonSkywalker
Oh I see. Never saw that episode, apparently. big grin

Corran
It's when Homer and Ned get married in Vegas I think, and Homer tries to get it annulled in court.

GordonSkywalker
Homer and Ned Flanders got married in Vegas?? Say it isn't so!!

Corran
Not too each other, but to a couple of 'ladies'

GordonSkywalker
Oh Thank God! laughing out loud

Augeybana
Good episode with 300+ movies under there belt I hope they don't run out of stuff to make us laugh.

Corran
In an attempt to show Flanders a good time, Homer takes him to Las Vegas, where they gamble and drink. After a night of debauchery, the men wake up in a hotel room to discover that they've married Amber and Ginger, two trashy but sweet cocktail waitresses from Nero's Palace. Over a breakfast buffet, Homer and Ned try to explain to the women that they already have wives, but the brides prove to be frighteningly tenacious. Homer and Ned are forced to flee Las Vegas when everyone, from hotel security to the Moody Blues, beats them up for dishonoring two young women in need.

Guest Stars: Graeme Edge, Justin Hayward, John Lodge, and Thomas of the Moody Blues as themselves

GordonSkywalker
By any chance was the episode called "The Moody Blues Meet Homer Simpson?" laughing out loud

Corran
No, Viva Ned Flanders.

Augeybana
LOL.Nice name.

GordonSkywalker
I was kidding! laughing out loud

Mujaffa
todd flanders

GordonSkywalker
"Everybody loves..Ned Flanders!"

Member.
laughing out loud

GordonSkywalker
Yes that was exactly the reaction I was hoping for!

Member.
i didn't even know the episodes had nameslaughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.