Cin Drallig vs Plo Koon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vensai
Setting: Jedi Temple
State: Bloodlusted
Restrictions: None

Who takes it?

Galan007
Cin's showing against Anakin in the RotS video game is likely superior to anything Plo has done, no?

Vensai
Originally posted by Galan007
Cin's showing against Anakin in the RotS video game is likely superior to anything Plo has done, no?
Well in Dark Nest the unseen queen, the hologram showed their fight like this:
"A huge Jedi with stooped shoulders and a gnarled face backed into view, anchoring the line of teenage defenders, his lightsaber sending bolt after bolt back at the attackers, lashing out to cut down one trooper after another. A pair of Padawans stepped in to support his flanks, and the entire line stopped falling back, the lightsabers of the young Jedi weaving an impenetrable wall of energy that-for a few short moments-allowed nothing past, not a blaster bolt, nor a clone trooper, nor even, it seemed to Han, a stray glance.
A blue lightsaber appeared at the edge of the holo, beating down the defense of the first Padawan and slashing through his torso, then slipping past the guard of the other one and cutting him down as well. The back of a blond head and a pair of caped shoulders appeared behind the blue blade and began to carry the attack to the stoop-shouldered Jedi.
The two stood battling toe-to-toe for only an instant before the caped figure slipped a strike and brought his own blade down on the defender's stooped shoulder, cleaving him deep into the torso. The Jedi's gnarled face paled with shock, and he collapsed in too much pain to scream."
Unless of course, the video game is above this in canon?

Galan007
Tbh I have no clue where the cut-scenes of video games rank in terms of canonicity..? I'd be shocked if they outweigh a novel, though. /shrug

Vensai
Originally posted by Galan007
Tbh I have no clue where the cut-scenes of video games rank in terms of canonicity..? I'd be shocked if they outweigh a novel, though. /shrug
Yeah. If we go by video game, Cin wins.
If we go by novel, I think Koon could win.

Q99
What was Cin like in the video game?

Vensai
Originally posted by Q99
What was Cin like in the video game?
He did very well against Anakin, even TKing him outside in the cutscenes.

KingD19
Bloodlusted? Plo Koon uses Electric Judgement and his other vastly superior force abilities.

Vensai
Originally posted by KingD19
Bloodlusted? Plo Koon uses Electric Judgement and his other vastly superior force abilities.
Well, I would think Cin could just use his saber to block EJ. Plo has like zero feats with that move. His performance against Ventress with a broken arm is a better indicator of his skill.

Galan007
Originally posted by Q99
What was Cin like in the video game? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfW4vK-Fu1A
Starts at 2:32.

Arhael
In film Anakin is seen fighting Cin Drallig and his padawans with one-handed grip. While one-handed style can be as effective, it is certainly not Anakin's style. I believe Plo Koon would do better than that.

Jedi Mom
Koon also fought off Ventress with an injured arm somewhere.

Q99
Originally posted by Jedi Mom
Koon also fought off Ventress with an injured arm somewhere.

In one of the clone wars comics, "In Service of the Republic".

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by Arhael
In film Anakin is seen fighting Cin Drallig and his padawans with one-handed grip. While one-handed style can be as effective, it is certainly not Anakin's style. I believe Plo Koon would do better than that.

Towards the end of the duel after Cin's scenes in the video game.

Vensai
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
Towards the end of the duel after Cin's scenes in the video game.
Are you saying that Cin took Anakin one on one, then he joined up with some initiatives to fight Anakin before dying? Unfortunately the video game doesn't perfectly mesh with the movie scenes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.