Drizzt Do'Urden vs. Darth Bane (Swords/Sabers only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jmoul
This is Drizzt from RA Salvatore's Forgotten Realms series (for those who don't know) On the surface of Drizzt's universe. Drizzt is at his strongest and has all of his surface scimitars, clothing, and armor to help him in this fight and his swords can block a lightsaber. There are two sets of three rounds:

A. Without Guenhwyvar
1. PoD Bane
2. RoT Bane
3. DoE Bane

B. With Guenhwyvar
1. PoD Bane
2. RoT Bane
3. DoE Bane

Who wins each round and why?

Please don't comment unless you know enough about Drizzt's skills and story to make a strong argument.

Nephthys
I don't know anything about Drizzt but I think Bane wins cuz I like him better.

Also I totally kicked Drizzt's ass in Baldur's Gate so hurr durr he sucks.

jmoul
If you haven't read any of the books about Drizzt, PLEASE don't post a reply, I am feeling too lazy to explain all of Drizzt's amazing feats.

Here are a few of Drizzt's supplies and abilities:

Drizzt can levitate, see in the infrared spectrum (infravision). He has boots that make it impossible to be detected, two enchanted scimitars (which he is an absolute master swordsman with), a cloak that hides his heat signature, and a spirit panther (Guenhwyvar) who is completely loyal to Drizzt, weighs 600 lbs, and, while he can be injured, if he is sent back to his spirit home, he heals quickly.

Impediment
People can post anything they want to, jmoul. Don't tell people not to.

Maybe you should take the time to explain all of Drizzt's feats.

AVF Rule 4) As a common courtesy to others, it would be nice for all opening posts to contain a brief description about the characters being used in case others aren't familiar with who they are. Remember that some people don't know as much about comics/movies/anime/etc as much as others do.

ares834
Bane wins.

Drizzt is good, but he can't get past Bane's precog.

Edit: Actually, Icingdeath could feasibly absorbs Bane's saber heat which would, presumably, turn it off... If that happens Bane goes down.

Nephthys
Originally posted by jmoul
If you haven't read any of the books about Drizzt, PLEASE don't post a reply, I am feeling too lazy to explain all of Drizzt's amazing feats.

Here are a few of Drizzt's supplies and abilities:

Drizzt can levitate, see in the infrared spectrum (infravision). He has boots that make it impossible to be detected, two enchanted scimitars (which he is an absolute master swordsman with), a cloak that hides his heat signature, and a spirit panther (Guenhwyvar) who is completely loyal to Drizzt, weighs 600 lbs, and, while he can be injured, if he is sent back to his spirit home, he heals quickly.

Relax. I was only messin'.

jmoul
Originally posted by Impediment
People can post anything they want to, jmoul. Don't tell people not to.

Maybe you should take the time to explain all of Drizzt's feats.

AVF Rule 4) As a common courtesy to others, it would be nice for all opening posts to contain a brief description about the characters being used in case others aren't familiar with who they are. Remember that some people don't know as much about comics/movies/anime/etc as much as others do.

There are 12 books about Drizzt's feats, to give even half of those would be to write half a novel for the opening post. That was one reason why I asked for people to be at least slightly knowledgable before posting (it was also to try prevent people from using the "I-don't-know-who-one-is-so-the-other-wins" argument)

Pwned
The point about Icingdeath.. I don't see it happening, as a lightsaber is actually energy, and not heat (a technicality, but still. It could be a difference)

RoT Bane utterly stomps with Orbalisks, DoE Bane stomps with the Force, and PoD Bane has a chance of stomping, but will probably be much more fair.

Robtard
I read several of the books back in the late 80's and early 90's. As good a fighter as Drizzt is, I don't think he can take a Sith Lord.

ares834
Originally posted by Pwned
The point about Icingdeath.. I don't see it happening, as a lightsaber is actually energy, and not heat (a technicality, but still. It could be a difference)

Correct. But heat is a type of energy. Anyway, how a lightsaber works is rather inconsistent. In many cases it's described as plasma which could presumably have its heat taken by Icingdeath.

Pwned
Originally posted by ares834
Correct. But heat is a type of energy. Anyway, how a lightsaber works is rather inconsistent. In many cases it's described as plasma which could presumably have its heat taken by Icingdeath. Oh, I know the whole, "heat is energy" thing. I had meant to add plenty of emphasis to the, "technicality" which was due to the inconsistencies.

KingD19
A lightsaber most often doesn't have any heat or substance to it until it touches something. So you could hold your hand an inch away, and you wouldn't feel anything, but then it goes and melts through durasteel.

jmoul
Originally posted by Pwned

RoT Bane utterly stomps with Orbalisks, DoE Bane stomps with the Force, and PoD Bane has a chance of stomping, but will probably be much more fair.

The title says sword/saber fight only, so the force argument is void.

BruceSkywalker
Drizzt dies.. the end

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.