Superman Prime vs Surtur

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
Smp at peak with GA vs Surtur at peak

1.Both use full powers and abilties no BFR
2.The above with BFR on

Who wins in each of the above ?

TheGodKiller
Is Prime's resistance to magic a game-changer here?

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Is Prime's resistance to magic a game-changer here? Surtur can still smash him up with his fists

Twilight would likely cut him in half regardless

TheGodKiller
Didn't he no-sell Bladam's punches because they were magic?

Plus, was Mordru at skyfather levels when his magic failed to affect Prime?

Branlor Swift
Didn't he no-sell Bladam's punches because they were magic?

Plus, was Mordru at skyfather levels when his magic failed to affect Prime? that made no sense tbh. From him screaming in pain and I believe bleeding to it still coming from a Superman being.
There's also Zauriel hurting Prime with a punch too.
It seems as long as you're not actively using Magic fueled attacks while being a magic character, you can hurt Prime.

He was at Mordru levels if that makes sense

TheGodKiller
Against Zauriel he was depleted of solar energy from what I recall. Because the other time he faced him, he was unaffected. Also didn't he use a sword instead of a punch?

Is Mordru level skyfather level then?

Branlor Swift
Against Zauriel he was depleted of solar energy from what I recall. Because the other time he faced him, he was unaffected. Also didn't he use a sword instead of a punch?

Is Mordru level skyfather level then? Yeah, his immunity should still hold though
The other time was from his pure magic blade. Active magic if you will

Yes

If a non magic being with Surtur's strength hit Prime, he'd feel it for sure. It doesn't make sense that he'd be immune to his strength just because his background is magical
Just MO and based off the Z example

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Yeah, his immunity should still hold though
The other time was from his pure magic blade. Active magic if you will

Yes

If a non magic being with Surtur's strength hit Prime, he'd feel it for sure. It doesn't make sense that he'd be immune to his strength just because his background is magical
Just MO and based off the Z example
That depends if it's actually immunity or just very high resistance. The instance goes to show that since his "immunity" is tied in to his solar reserves, it's probably part of his overall kryptonian durability covering magic as well unlike regular Superman. Because in that story he was hurt by Supergirl and Powergirl as well iirc. My two cents.

Yeah, it's pretty stupid. Just to be on the safe side though, are there any other examples of a being with magical origins of their power, being able to hurt a healthy Prime with physical prowess alone? Or does the magic always end up proving to be their woe against him?

Diesldude
Superman prime flies through his chest and rips his black heart out.

carver9
Surtur stomps.

Branlor Swift
That depends if it's actually immunity or just very high resistance. The instance goes to show that since his "immunity" is tied in to his solar reserves, it's probably part of his overall kryptonian durability covering magic as well unlike regular Superman. Because in that story he was hurt by Supergirl and Powergirl as well iirc. My two cents.

Yeah, it's pretty stupid. Just to be on the safe side though, are there any other examples of a being with magical origins of their power, being able to hurt a healthy Prime with physical prowess alone? Or does the magic always end up proving to be their woe against him? He's supposed to just be immune straight up

Off the top of my head there's BA where he was screaming, Mordru where he tanked it, Zauriel's sword, Zauriel's fist where he was hurt, I think he might have tanked Annataz too, not sure.

I think WG helped kick his ass too but I don't care enough to research that. There's probably some more examples

Sundipped

Yeah, it's pretty stupid. Just to be on the safe side though, are there any other examples of a being with magical origins of their power, being able to hurt a healthy Prime with physical prowess alone? Or does the magic always end up proving to be their woe against him?

If anyone did manage to hurt Prime with mystical punches he'd never admit it. Here he tanked a transmutation blast from Kinetex.

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b571/superior100/91233782_zps52d4fd67.jpg

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
He's supposed to just be immune straight up

Off the top of my head there's BA where he was screaming, Mordru where he tanked it, Zauriel's sword, Zauriel's fist where he was hurt, I think he might have tanked Annataz too, not sure.

I think WG helped kick his ass too but I don't care enough to research that. There's probably some more examples
Was it ever mentioned anywhere that he's literally immune? Apart from his "magic doesn't hurt me" comment to Zauriel? Because based on the way he's been hurt a few times from it before, I'm more inclined to believe that he's just resistant based on how charged his solar reserves are at the moment.

I was asking if a magic based being succeeded in hurting with physical strength before, without their magic causing a setback in the process. Did he actually scream against Bladam? From what I remember, he just trolled BA with that tickle comment.

I think he was depleted of solar juice in that instance too. Anyways, magic is the only question mark I have in this thread, apart from which I give Surtur a healthy 9/10 majority.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.