Riggs versus McClane, the durability test

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Fat Rambo
Ok, so we have Martin Riggs from Lethal Weapon and John Mcclane from Die Hard. Both bad asses with insane damage soak. Who has the greatest damage soak/durability?

All durability feats count. Why? Because the McClane nuthuggers wil focus on LW4 Riggs, and not LW2-4 Riggs.

So, thoughts?

Robtard
You seem upset; it's not good to make a thread with venom laid into the OP.

The Fat Rambo
Lol, u already mad. Bring the feats or GTFO.

Sadako of Girth
Very well.

DH 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.

McClane still laying waste to Moscow and surviving stuff to inhuman levels at the age of like 60.

Riggs being dominated, worn down and beaten in sparring by a rookie with a slow crap jab in LW 3 or 4, being to slow and old to avoid it.
McClane stomps like the very originator of the term "stomp".
All witnesses to the competition recoil in sympathetic/empathic horror for Riggs and the phrase "Oh the humanitaugh" is used.

/End thread. smile

the ninjak
Both have insane feats. to level them against each other requires research I'm not willing to invest.

Indy-

-Surviving a fall from a plane in a life raft. Temple of Doom = impossible
-Surviving a fall through several awnings on the side of a building. Temple of Doom = possible
-Surviving being in a fridge within a nuclear explosion. Crystal Skull = impossible.

McClane-

-Building jump with firehose into window whilst shooting it. Die Hard = highly unlikely.
-Surviving the train crash. Die Hard Vengeance = possible.
-Fall from the sky from rope onto transport cannisters. DHwaV = highly unlikely.
-Falling 20+ stories from a building through construction tubes. DH5 = impossible.

Just my thoughts.

Robtard
This belongs in the McClane Vs Indiana Jones thread.

The Fat Rambo
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Very well.

DH 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.

McClane still laying waste to Moscow and surviving stuff to inhuman levels at the age of like 60.

Riggs being dominated, worn down and beaten in sparring by a rookie with a slow crap jab in LW 3 or 4, being to slow and old to avoid it.
McClane stomps like the very originator of the term "stomp".
All witnesses to the competition recoil in sympathetic/empathic horror for Riggs and the phrase "Oh the humanitaugh" is used.

/End thread. smile LW1, torture scene. LW2, fight with the guy that kills his woman.

/thread.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Robtard
This belongs in the McClane Vs Indiana Jones thread.

Woops wrong thread stick out tongue

The Fat Rambo
This belongs in the McClane Vs Indiana Jones thread. You mean the Indy>>>McClane thread.

Sadako of Girth
Naturally that doesnt exist.

As old man Jones is WTFPWNED by McClane at the same age, by movie feats.

Lestov16
Indy pwns McClane 24/7
As of DH5, McClane pwns Riggs in durability

Sadako of Girth
He pwned Riggs all day long in 1-4.

Nah Indy pales into utter insignificance next to McClane of DH5.
And given how slow he was in his prime, he loses to even to old man McClane, who punches thunderously at the speed of lightning and KO's mofos all day long..

The Fat Rambo
Naturally that doesnt exist.

As old man Jones is WTFPWNED by McClane at the same age, by movie feats. There you go again, focusing on low end feats. My thread, my rules. High end feats trump everything else. LW1 torture scene and the LW2 fight scene on the barge>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Any McClane durability feat. Fact, not opinion.

And to think you called me a gimper before.

jinXed by JaNx
riggs eats dog biscuits, man he eats dog biscuits...,Riggs wins

Lestov16
Originally posted by The Fat Rambo
There you go again, focusing on low end feats. My thread, my rules. High end feats trump everything else. LW1 torture scene and the LW2 fight scene on the barge>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Any McClane durability feat. Fact, not opinion.
n1379iTSyHo

zq6MmzZxv2k

erm

Riggs is tough. But McClane has taken on much tougher. I don't even think Bauer has McClane in the durability department. Now, as Robtard said, durability isn't everything in a match, so Riggs could probably take him in a fight, but from a pure durability standpoint, McClane rapes.

Sadako of Girth
Riggs is too slow and posey to deal with the Lighting fast hooks that McClane has.

Riggs was WTF dominated and pwned by a rookie with a basic jab onsceen. No way hes avoiding, tanking or countering those lightning explosive hooks that KO mofos in one shot.

Lestov16
By mofos you mean bystanders and featless goons right?

Silent Master
You mean like how Van Zan was unable to KO the featless goon named Quinn?

Robtard
High end feats trump everything else. LW1 torture scene and the LW2 fight scene on the barge>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Any McClane durability feat. Fact, not opinion.
Once again people don't understand the concept of torture, they weren't trying to kill Riggs, they wanted to hurt him some so he talked and being shocked a bit is above crashing and rolling (and rolling etc) inside a Unimog that was going high speed while not wearing a seat belt, as just one example of McClane's cartoon levels of durability.

focus4chumps
McClane nuthuggers

in OP no less. lol @ preemptive butthurt.

The Fat Rambo
Originally posted by Lestov16
n1379iTSyHo

zq6MmzZxv2k

erm

Riggs is tough. But McClane has taken on much tougher. I don't even think Bauer has McClane in the durability department. Now, as Robtard said, durability isn't everything in a match, so Riggs could probably take him in a fight, but from a pure durability standpoint, McClane rapes.

McClane has taken on tougher? Name a feat of his that rapes: Taking six .44's to the lung and living. There is none.

The Fat Rambo
Riggs is too slow and posey to deal with the Lighting fast hooks that McClane has.

Riggs was WTF dominated and pwned by a rookie with a basic jab onsceen. No way hes avoiding, tanking or countering those lightning explosive hooks that KO mofos in one shot. There you go again, focusing on Riggs low end feats. High end feats, Champ, mk?

Now, if we wanna focus on low end feats, Riggs never lost to a girl.

The Fat Rambo
Once again people don't understand the concept of torture, they weren't trying to kill Riggs, they wanted to hurt him some so he talked and being shocked a bit is above crashing and rolling (and rolling etc) inside a Unimog that was going high speed while not wearing a seat belt, as just one example of McClane's cartoon levels of durability. Bayonet through the leg and six.44's through the left lung and he lived. Nothing, and I mean nothing Mac has can come close to that.

If so, name it, right here, right now.

Lestov16
Bayonet through the leg and six.44's through the left lung and he lived. Nothing, and I mean nothing Mac has can come close to that.

In DH4, after falling out of the semi-truck, he falls onto a highway and barely avoids the F35 explosion. That should have obliterated him. The fall from the building in DH5 also counts

Robtard
Bayonet through the leg and six.44's through the left lung and he lived. Nothing, and I mean nothing Mac has can come close to that.

I recall the stab in the leg, can't recall Riggs being shot 6 times, that was an off panel thing and it's not like he took six shots and still went on to save the day, right? It was implied he fell and needed medical attention to live. McClane survives explosions, falls(without an airbag waiting below),severe car crashes, cuts, bumps, bullets etc and just keeps on going until the job is done, bro.

Boom. Killed it.

BruceSkywalker
everyone has their hand if you feel this thread will last 25 or more pages laughing laughing laughing

The Fat Rambo
I recall the stab in the leg, can't recall Riggs being shot 6 times, that was an off panel thing and it's not like he took six shots and still went on to save the day, right? It was implied he fell and needed medical attention to live. McClane survives explosions, falls(without an airbag waiting below),severe car crashes, cuts, bumps, bullets etc and just keeps on going until the job is done, bro.

Boom. Killed it. He was shot six times at least. All hit him in the lung. This was after taking the bayonet through the leg and having it twisted around and around by a psychotic madman.

Let's see...Riggs took six bullets to the lung and lived, and was done, he required medical attention.

Mac took two bullets to the shoulder (flesh wounds, BTW), and was done, he required medical attention.

Not to mention, dude, that the six bullets to Riggs' lung were .44 caliber.

So no, you killed nothing. Add on that Riggs was tortured to near death, escaped, then raped an entire room of machine gun wielding ex-CIA operatives UNARMED.....Yeah, This tops any Mac feat.

The Fat Rambo
In DH4, after falling out of the semi-truck, he falls onto a highway and barely avoids the F35 explosion. That should have obliterated him. The fall from the building in DH5 also counts Mhm, and Riggs has a comparable feat in LW3, when he falls after the motorcycle crash.

Add on my post above and Riggs rapes. He's better than McClane in every possible way.

Sadako of Girth
Nah that feat was topped in DH3 with the deck fall.

And Riggs didnt have advanced attack helicopters shooting at him destroying everything around him as he fell, either.

Robtard
He was shot six times at least. All hit him in the lung. This was after taking the bayonet through the leg and having it twisted around and around by a psychotic madman.

Let's see...Riggs took six bullets to the lung and lived, and was done, he required medical attention.

Mac took two bullets to the shoulder (flesh wounds, BTW), and was done, he required medical attention.

Not to mention, dude, that the six bullets to Riggs' lung were .44 caliber.

So no, you killed nothing. Add on that Riggs was tortured to near death, escaped, then raped an entire room of machine gun wielding ex-CIA operatives UNARMED.....Yeah, This tops any Mac feat.

McClane was done after the second bullet to the shoulder (which he delivered himself) because the fight was over/world as saved. We don't expect him to go on fighting once the film plot has ended and there are no bad guys left to kill.

LoLz @ "flesh wounds", when is a bullet going through your body (arm/shoulder) some minor wound?

So yes, my point still stands and I killed it, cooked it, ate it and had a bowel movement of it. Add what, a Riggs' feat that isn't a durability feat? Wrong thread, bro.

jinXed by JaNx
die hard 3 should prove that mcGods durability dwarfs anything Riggs has done.

The Fat Rambo
Nah that feat was topped in DH3 with the deck fall.

And Riggs didnt have advanced attack helicopters shooting at him destroying everything around him as he fell, either.

Helicopters? You really wanna compare whp pwns choppers better with guns?

The Fat Rambo
McClane was done after the second bullet to the shoulder (which he delivered himself) because the fight was over/world as saved. We don't expect him to go on fighting once the film plot has ended and there are no bad guys left to kill.

LoLz @ "flesh wounds", when is a bullet going through your body (arm/shoulder) some minor wound?

So yes, my point still stands and I killed it, cooked it, ate it and had a bowel movement of it. Add what, a Riggs' feat that isn't a durability feat? Wrong thread, bro.

Lol, no, he was done after the first bullet. Nice try though.

Did Mac take six .44's to the lung? Yeah, thought not.

So no, you pwned nothing. Try again, Sport.

Sadako of Girth
Helicopters? You really wanna compare whp pwns choppers better with guns?

English, motherf**ker....do you speak it...?

But translating your misspelt text-speak and guessing that you're asking whos better at defeating helicopters, and especially with guns... yes McClane with OR without guns.... smile

Sadako of Girth

No cause he went on to kill the bad guy, save everyone and made it to the end.

No McClane is much better at avoiding bullets than that.
And Riggs would have died AGAIN without MORE help from Murtaugh and the hospital. So your posturing like Riggs spat them back out then went and laboured on a building site for 3 days with no break after the shooting is laughably tragic.

So yeah he pwned you.

dadudemon

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

crylaugh crylaugh crylaugh crylaugh crylaugh

Sadako of Girth
Another punter who hasnt seen DH5..?
(And has exaggerated memories of LW movies)

Riggs was owned by a rookies slow and lazy jab, which Riggs had no defense or reaction speed against.
McClane's lightning fast Frazier/Tyson-like LEADING hooks seen in DH5 would mutilate Riggs to death.

Lestov16

McClane's lightning fast Frazier/Tyson-like LEADING hooks seen in DH5 would mutilate Riggs to death.

LOL You are so full of shit. McClane only managed to cheapshot a random phucking bystander. That's worth nothing feat-wise. McClane is more durable sure, but Riggs anally rapes McClane in a fistfight. Don't get it twisted, boy.

Sadako of Girth
You are the one full of shit.

That guy looked beefier and more thuggish than most, also: He wasn't a bystander. He hit McClane at speed only deaccelerating with his car AFTER collision then got out to roadrage his ass.
McClane KO'd him pre-emptively seeing the guy's size and disposition.

He ALSO (which you deliberately overlook out of pure butthurt and rage) gave the same rapid one-shot-KO treatment to one of the main man's top level Russian secret survive hood goons whom had McClane covered with a Machine gun at the time in the ball room scene. (You know...the scene where they smash McClane round the head and temples with the butt of a heavy machine gun repeatedly and still fail to KO him or even to stop him wisecracking.....)

So as we can see, its you who have it twisted, girl.
Your McHate bias panties are showing.

Kazenji
You are the one full of shit.

BIGGEST SURPRISE OF THE YEAR!!

dadudemon
Another punter who hasnt seen DH5..?
(And has exaggerated memories of LW movies)

Riggs was owned by a rookies slow and lazy jab, which Riggs had no defense or reaction speed against.

1. If you intended this comment for me, calm down. I just lol'd at your comment. It was funny. Learn to put down the gloves for a bit and enjoy the humor that comes from these discussions. Dude, I legit lol'd: it was good times.

2. If you did not intend this post for me, boy don't I look stupid. sad Ignore this post.

3. Use the damn quote function, arse! mad

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by dadudemon
1. If you intended this comment for me, calm down. I just lol'd at your comment. It was funny. Learn to put down the gloves for a bit and enjoy the humor that comes from these discussions. Dude, I legit lol'd: it was good times.

2. If you did not intend this post for me, boy don't I look stupid. sad Ignore this post.

3. Use the damn quote function, arse! mad

1.Im not uncalm. I think you entirely misunderstood the tone of my post again.

2. It was addressing you actually...the way you look was not conditional to whether or not I was addressing you, but for your taking offense where there was none given. But apology accepted anyway.

3. Better? stick out tongue

dadudemon
1.Im not uncalm. I think you entirely misunderstood the tone of my post again.

2. It was addressing you actually...the way you look was not conditional to whether or not I was addressing you, but for your taking offense where there was none given. But apology accepted anyway.

3. Better? stick out tongue

1. I think you misunderstood the use of "calm down" in a post again. No one thinks you're rage posting. It's just a meme around these parts.

2. I knew it! mad

3. Yes, much. smile

The Fat Rambo
No cause he went on to kill the bad guy, save everyone and made it to the end.

No McClane is much better at avoiding bullets than that.
And Riggs would have died AGAIN without MORE help from Murtaugh and the hospital. So your posturing like Riggs spat them back out then went and laboured on a building site for 3 days with no break after the shooting is laughably tragic.

So yeah he pwned you.

And Riggs does this all before lunch, Champ. Also, McClane wouldn't have killed the bad guy if Farrell hadn't been there to save his bacon.

Lol, what a fail post. Fact remains Riggs took more bullet damage than Mac and lived.

So no, he pwned nothing.

Sadako of Girth
No before lunch is when he needs Roger.

McClane took bullets, but didn't have a permanent 24 hour saviour named Murtaugh and immediate surgery.

Exactly. I was right. He pwned you and you are nothing.

The Fat Rambo
Nah, Mac had far more support than Riggs did. It;s not even close. We can go into detail if you like.

Nah, Mac had a need for medical attention at the end of DH1, 2 and 4.

Nah, he pwned nothing.

U mad.

Sadako of Girth
Already went into detail in the Indy thread and many times over.
Mcclane wins that every time as his support was minimal.

He didnt go get it in 1 or 2.

Yeah he did. Totally pwned you.

Nope. Not at all.

The Fat Rambo
Yes, you went into detail and had your bottom spanked blue.

Lol, he needed it in 1 for sure.

Nah, you're wrong.

Yeah, U mad. You mad at me for years. You're an angry little Brit boy whose butthurt has exceeded normal capacity.

Robtard

The DH 4.0 plot proves you wrong, as we see McClane continue the fight after he takes the first shot. (he does the second bullet himself, a "done" man couldn't do that)

Was Riggs' out of commission and needed medical care cos he was dying? Yes. A durability feat where you're about to be dead < one where you live and continue the fight.

Incorrect, as seen above with your incorrect assessment of DH4.0 and LW.

Sadako of Girth
Yes, you went into detail and had your bottom spanked blue.

Lol, he needed it in 1 for sure.

Nah, you're wrong.

Yeah, U mad. You mad at me for years. You're an angry little Brit boy whose butthurt has exceeded normal capacity.

You seem to be talking to yourself again.

Nope: Im correct.. He continued on after losing most of his blood and after having been shot, to kill the bad guys and save the day..

Nah I just laugh at the extent of your butthurt as it amuses me.
Your tears and McObsession are well documented in the many many threads you lost, despite your trolling, flaming, derailment, strawmanning, screenfeat misrepresentation and denial.

The Fat Rambo
The DH 4.0 plot proves you wrong, as we see McClane continue the fight after he takes the first shot. (he does the second bullet himself, a "done" man couldn't do that)

Was Riggs' out of commission and needed medical care cos he was dying? Yes. A durability feat where you're about to be dead < one where you live and continue the fight.

Incorrect, as seen above with your incorrect assessment of DH4.0 and LW.

Nah, he couldn't even get to his feet. Fail.

Riggs was down, yes, from six .44's to vital organ/s. Mac was down from one bullet through the shoulder. Fail #2.

Nah, you're twisting facts/screen feats around.

The Fat Rambo
You seem to be talking to yourself again.

Nope: Im correct.. He continued on after losing most of his blood and after having been shot, to kill the bad guys and save the day..

Nah I just laugh at the extent of your butthurt as it amuses me.
Your tears and McObsession are well documented in the many many threads you lost, despite your trolling, flaming, derailment, strawmanning, screenfeat misrepresentation and denial.

Lol, K, but Riggs never lost to a girl.

Sadako of Girth
McClane never lost to a girl..

Riggs was beaten by an absolute nobody with a slow jab that couldn't splat jelly..

The Fat Rambo
Yeah, Mac lost to a girl h2h. He had to use a truck to beat her.

Accept this.

Sadako of Girth
Incorrect. He won by KO after he had had 'enough of this kung fu shit'.

Then when she dragged it out after her regaining consciousness after her loss, her larking about when he needed to get on with the saving the eastern seaboard from nuclear meltdown got old real quick so THEN he killed her. She tanked the truck collision, being terminator like, but after more conflict she fell and got a truck in her bot bot.

Sorry everyone, having to state the obvious is rather tiresome the once, and having to state it again for the 600th time because a retard chooses to selectively interpret/ignore events to suit his mentally unstable ad nauseum trolling agenda is annoying but idiocy sometimes needs correcting.

The Fat Rambo
Nah, she kicked him out a window and he was unable to continue the fight H2H. We can dance this little dance over and over and over again, but in the end, I'm right and you're wrong.

Take care of your butthurt, Champ.

Lestov16
I think McClane has better durability, but LOL at your bullshit overhyping, Sadako. McClane was in fighting condition after he was shot in DH4? Really? Have you even seen the film? laughing

Robtard
Since when in being able to grab a gun and shoot yourself through the body with it in order to kill the bad guy behind you not continuing the fight?

It should also be noted that be did this at the very end of the film and having had previously survived explosions, slams, kicks, drops, being shot etc.

Lestov16
Since when in being able to grab a gun and shoot yourself through the body with it in order to kill the bad guy behind you not continuing the fight?

It should also be noted that be did this at the very end of the film and having had previously survived explosions, slams, kicks, drops, being shot etc.

It clearly took him a lot of effort just to grab Gabriel's hand. I'll concede he had already been through a lot but McClane has no screenfeats of being shot and being mobile afterward, so Sadako can't claim that he can.

Once again, I don't think Riggs is better. Riggs may have survived more bullets, but so what? Surviving more bullets doesn't make you more durable. If so, 50 Cent is more durable than both Riggs and McClane.

Robtard
It clearly took him a lot of effort just to grab Gabriel's hand. I'll concede he had already been through a lot but McClane has no screenfeats of being shot and being mobile afterward, so Sadako can't claim that he can.

Once again, I don't think Riggs is better. Riggs may have survived more bullets, but so what? Surviving more bullets doesn't make you more durable. If so, 50 Cent is more durable than both Riggs and McClane.

He was able to. Period. Using these "well, he wasn't dancing and doing back flips" tactics is what's silly.

Yeah, pretty much been said already. thumb up

The Fat Rambo

It should also be noted that be did this at the very end of the film and having had previously survived explosions, slams, kicks, drops, being shot etc. All trumped by a quick snap of his neck.

Sadako of Girth
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/Bubblehead_2006/FACEPALM/Mega_Facepalm.jpg

McClane's neck seems to be unsnappable.

The Fat Rambo
O'rly? And when did he have someone actually trying to break it?

Sadako of Girth
In DH1, within the 1st clash the guy was trying to ram McClane's head through a wall to smash his head/neck.
The tumble down the stairs broke Karl's bro's neck, McClane's was unbroken... many many incidents in the DHs should have broken his whole body neck included... never happened though cause bone structure wise, he appears to be unbreakable...

But this is all moot, as McClane would WTF KO Riggs with a leading, thunder-and-lightning on-form-Tyson hook as Riggs approached.

Robtard
All trumped by a quick snap of his neck.

Breaking a neck is not a durability feat.

Surviving explosions, falls, slams, hits, bumps etc that would liquify a normal person's neck is though, which McClane has in spades. Another +1 for the McClane. Not having his neck broken since 1988 and still counting.

The Fat Rambo
Breaking a neck is not a durability feat.

Surviving explosions, falls, slams, hits, bumps etc that would liquify a normal person's neck is though, which McClane has in spades. Another +1 for the McClane. Not having his neck broken since 1988 and still counting. All trumped by six .44's to the lung.

Keep ignoring that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.