Kenpachi's Zanpakuto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

atv2
I just had a realization about his zanpakuto. In all of the fights he's had, even standing up to the arrancar and fighting in the lost shinigami/full bring Arc, he doesn't use shikai. I know that we've all wanted to know what he'd be like if he used bankai but he hasn't even used shikai due to the fact that he doesn't know his sword's name or voice. It's only in the thousand year blood war arc that he even begins to hear the voice of his zanpakuto after killing Retsu Unohana(AKA The first Kenpachi).

What would his power be like if he used shikai?

Astner
He has always used a Shikai, in fact his Zanpakutō was locked in its Shikai state.

Kenpachi explaining that his Zanpakutō isn't sealed (in Shikai), in chapter 109.

http://i.imgur.com/XxHg8xz.png

http://i.imgur.com/faISLdk.png

Ichigo verifying that Kenpachi's Zanpakutō is in Shikai, in chapter 120.

http://i.imgur.com/20LhiZn.png

http://i.imgur.com/JaX9CE3.png

atv2
Nozarashi for Kenpachi! Problem Solved!

RaventheOnly
http://i.stack.imgur.com/6u3bA.png

atv2
Originally posted by RaventheOnly
http://i.stack.imgur.com/6u3bA.png

YES YES!!!! THANK YOU!!!

SSJGGogeta
His sword blows.

Based Kez
Looks like a giant meat clever

RaventheOnly
The Shikai, that sword/axe, has the ability to cut anything. smile

atv2
Now I'm wondering what his Bankai will be like. I'm probably asking for too much at this point.

SSJGGogeta
The Shikai, that sword/axe, has the ability to cut anything. smile

Ehhhhh, we can't really say that for sure at this point.

I mean, just like Byakuya's bankai was unavoidable, Aizen's shikai was unbeatable, Yamamoto's was unstoppable, etc. I mean, do you really think Kenny could just walk up to Juha Bach with his shikai out, and cut him in half? No way.

Not to mention you're basing that off of a single, vague statement that Kenny made in the midst of battle. He told Gremmy that he couldn't make something he couldn't cut through before he used shikai, and Gremmy did.

Either way, I still liked my original idea for his shikai better anyway.

RaventheOnly
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
Ehhhhh, we can't really say that for sure at this point.

I mean, just like Byakuya's bankai was unavoidable, Aizen's shikai was unbeatable, Yamamoto's was unstoppable, etc. I mean, do you really think Kenny could just walk up to Juha Bach with his shikai out, and cut him in half? No way.

Not to mention you're basing that off of a single, vague statement that Kenny made in the midst of battle. He told Gremmy that he couldn't make something he couldn't cut through before he used shikai, and Gremmy did.

Either way, I still liked my original idea for his shikai better anyway.

Those were just boasts and assumptions pretty much made by those guys arrogantly. Most of the characters knew that what their weapons could do. At first he says he can cut anything but when he releases the shikai he states that it cuts anything which is its power seemingly. I wouldn't put it past it considering that he had to kill Unohana who suggested that she her self could not be beaten except by Kenpachi.

SSJGGogeta
Those were just boasts and assumptions pretty much made by those guys arrogantly. Most of the characters knew that what their weapons could do. At first he says he can cut anything but when he releases the shikai he states that it cuts anything which is its power seemingly. I wouldn't put it past it considering that he had to kill Unohana who suggested that she her self could not be beaten except by Kenpachi.

So what makes Kenny's statement any different? Both of his statements are just that. I would even use the term hyperbole in this case.

Again, that was JUST a statement. Unless you're suggesting that Unohana could have just gone out and killed Juha Bach, because "only Kenny can beat her.". Clearly she couldn't have. In fact, Gremmy was almost able to beat Kenny, who had shikai. He didn't have shikai until AFTER he killed Unohana. Gremmy could have stomped Unohana. Or at least beaten her.

RaventheOnly
So what makes Kenny's statement any different? Both of his statements are just that. I would even use the term hyperbole in this case.

Again, that was JUST a statement. Unless you're suggesting that Unohana could have just gone out and killed Juha Bach, because "only Kenny can beat her.". Clearly she couldn't have. In fact, Gremmy was almost able to beat Kenny, who had shikai. He didn't have shikai until AFTER he killed Unohana. Gremmy could have stomped Unohana. Or at least beaten her.

Technically Unohana tricked Kenpachi into believing he beat her fair and square but it was only after Unohana literally almost killed Kenpachi tens to possibly hundreds of times and used her Kido to heal him over and over and over again so fast that he thought he had just zoned out over and over again. Even though he finally beats her she must have been fighting for a ridiculously long time healing him over and over. She must have been incredibly powerful to beat a person who had defeated Nnoitra and on her part without even trying over and over again.

SSJGGogeta
Technically Unohana tricked Kenpachi into believing he beat her fair and square but it was only after Unohana literally almost killed Kenpachi tens to possibly hundreds of times and used her Kido to heal him over and over and over again so fast that he thought he had just zoned out over and over again. Even though he finally beats her she must have been fighting for a ridiculously long time healing him over and over. She must have been incredibly powerful to beat a person who had defeated Nnoitra and on her part without even trying over and over again.

And? She may be stronger than Nnoitora, but that's still another example of outlier in Bleach, either way. Fraccione's can stomp a slightly weakened Bambietta, but Espada can't beat a captain weaker than some Quincy's? That's dumb. Outlier, again. In fact, Aizen should have been able to stomp all of them at the same time, if he wanted to.

RaventheOnly
And? She may be stronger than Nnoitora, but that's still another example of outlier in Bleach, either way. Fraccione's can stomp a slightly weakened Bambietta, but Espada can't beat a captain weaker than some Quincy's? That's dumb. Outlier, again. In fact, Aizen should have been able to stomp all of them at the same time, if he wanted to.

The power of certain characters being countered by certain powers is what is the focus of bleach. Some Captains have abilities that are just OP against some people and useless against others. I rather have that than an OP character against everything.

He could, but his motive was to make Ichigo a worthy challenge. His whole plan was to fight Ichigo because he desired to fight an equal. smile

SSJGGogeta
What does that have to do with anything? Are you saying that Charolette Kuhorn's abilities should have canonically been able to beat Bambietta's? All he did was blitz and stomp her. That's RETARDED, considering he got beaten by a 5th seat Yumichika, and Bambietta stomped several captains.

Ichigo stomped Aizen at that point. Again, that doesn't make sense. Given current events, Aizen should have been easily able to stomp Ichigo with a thought, and Stark should have killed Yamamoto no problem.

RaventheOnly
Yumichika if you listen to his reasoning was as strong as Ikaku and never showed anyone his release which absorbs rietsu because he liked the 5th seat as a number because the guys OCD and everyone in Kenpachi's squad is ridiculously powerful compared to people in other squads of comparable rank.

Stark could not beat Yamamoto if they had fought. The battle progressed the way it did because he strategically placed his assets against particular foes which he figured they would beat. Yamamoto stayed back and just watched the fights and stepped in when he needed to because he was holding out to when he could take out Aizen when they had the advantage. That is why Aizen developed that arcannar to specifically counter his fire which he was pretty much totally useless against anyone else except for some serious durability. Yamamoto did not anticipate the ability that Aizen possessed and in the end would have lost to him significantly.

Ichigo didn't stomp Aizen. The hogyoku stopped evolving Aizen because his dream/desire of fighting a worthy foe was met and Kisuke had put a new desire into the hogyoku, which changed its purpose just enough to stop his evolution to infinity basically, while Yorichi had distracted him.

There are just certain abilities that are OP against certain people like I said that is all.

Roelito
The power of certain characters being countered by certain powers is what is the focus of bleach. Some Captains have abilities that are just OP against some people and useless against others. I rather have that than an OP character against everything.

He could, but his motive was to make Ichigo a worthy challenge. His whole plan was to fight Ichigo because he desired to fight an equal. smile Lmfao! Coyote killing Yama? That's funny, dude.

SSJGGogeta
Yumichika if you listen to his reasoning was as strong as Ikaku and never showed anyone his release which absorbs rietsu because he liked the 5th seat as a number because the guys OCD and everyone in Kenpachi's squad is ridiculously powerful compared to people in other squads of comparable rank.

Stark could not beat Yamamoto if they had fought. The battle progressed the way it did because he strategically placed his assets against particular foes which he figured they would beat. Yamamoto stayed back and just watched the fights and stepped in when he needed to because he was holding out to when he could take out Aizen when they had the advantage. That is why Aizen developed that arcannar to specifically counter his fire which he was pretty much totally useless against anyone else except for some serious durability. Yamamoto did not anticipate the ability that Aizen possessed and in the end would have lost to him significantly.

Ichigo didn't stomp Aizen. The hogyoku stopped evolving Aizen because his dream/desire of fighting a worthy foe was met and Kisuke had put a new desire into the hogyoku, which changed its purpose just enough to stop his evolution to infinity basically, while Yorichi had distracted him.

There are just certain abilities that are OP against certain people like I said that is all.

Nope. Yumichika said his favorite number was 3, but Ikkaku was stronger than him, so he settled for 5 because it's so similar visually. Either way, his shikai isn't able to do anything to someone as strong as a captain anyways. Remember how Soifon's shikai didn't affect Aizen at all, because he was so much stronger than her? Either way, Charolette Kuhorn casually PHYSICALLY stomped a SLIGHTLY weakened Bambietta. Bambietta stomped several captains who were all supposed to be Aizen level at that point. That puts Charolett Kuhorn at LEAST at Aizen level, and that should have made Aizen MUCH stronger than he was. In retrospect, that SHOULD have translated to Stark, or even Hallibel, SOLOING all the captains, and Yamamoto at once. It's simple PIS, and outlier. That's my point.

What? You literally just made ALL of that up. Ichigo shat on Aizen, and didn't even have to waste his powers on final getsugatensho. Kisuke used a kido that would seal Aizen's powers by transforming him into a cross, but it wouldn't work because he was so strong. Ichigo weakened him so much that it activated. That is all. LOL, You literally just ass-pulled that entire paragraph.

Um, yeah, but if you're too strong for them to work, then they're pointless. Again, Bambietta was PHYSICALLY overpowered and blitzed by Charolette. That means the Captains would have been too, meaning that with simple scaling, because Charolette was a simple fraccione, the espada should have had NO problem crapping on the captains.

RaventheOnly
Nope. Yumichika said his favorite number was 3, but Ikkaku was stronger than him, so he settled for 5 because it's so similar visually. Either way, his shikai isn't able to do anything to someone as strong as a captain anyways. Remember how Soifon's shikai didn't affect Aizen at all, because he was so much stronger than her? Either way, Charolette Kuhorn casually PHYSICALLY stomped a SLIGHTLY weakened Bambietta. Bambietta stomped several captains who were all supposed to be Aizen level at that point. That puts Charolett Kuhorn at LEAST at Aizen level, and that should have made Aizen MUCH stronger than he was. In retrospect, that SHOULD have translated to Stark, or even Hallibel, SOLOING all the captains, and Yamamoto at once. It's simple PIS, and outlier. That's my point.

What? You literally just made ALL of that up. Ichigo shat on Aizen, and didn't even have to waste his powers on final getsugatensho. Kisuke used a kido that would seal Aizen's powers by transforming him into a cross, but it wouldn't work because he was so strong. Ichigo weakened him so much that it activated. That is all. LOL, You literally just ass-pulled that entire paragraph.

Um, yeah, but if you're too strong for them to work, then they're pointless. Again, Bambietta was PHYSICALLY overpowered and blitzed by Charolette. That means the Captains would have been too, meaning that with simple scaling, because Charolette was a simple fraccione, the espada should have had NO problem crapping on the captains.

Mugetsu Ichigo and Evolved Aizen are beyond even the current state of the arc. They are on god level at that moment and regress to normal levels as their powers were being amplified by the desires of the Hogyoku. Ikakku and Yumichika are nowhere near as powerful as the veteran captains and get roflstomped so far; we don't even know the full results of their fight yet. Bambiette is from the most current arc and she is killed by Komamura. The fight between Charolette, a modified resurrected Arcannar, and a resurrected/zombified Bambietta cannot really be speculated as a type of fight as Mayuri modified Charolette and we don't really know what he did. That is a REALLY convoluted argument based on a LOT of misconception and total misunderstanding of the premise of the arcs.

Read the manga more clearly. It explains that the Hogyokus purpose is to make peoples desires near it a reality. Even though Ichigo is beating the crap out of Aizen he never beats him as he is immortal and continuously evolves to meet the desires of its host/user/people around it. Ichigo holds Aizen off and weakens him just long enough for the Kido to take effect and stop the evolution process by allowing the desire to be met. Kisuke is the one who made the thing after all.

Like I said Charolete was modified by Mayuri. We don't know what he did and we don't really understand yet what Bambietta being a zombie really does to them fully.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.