Magnaguard Challenge!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
Inspired by a recent thread...

Stipulations:
-The force-users are confined to a sabers only battle.
-The force-users will be completely healed/rejuvenated between each wave.
-Each force-user battles the Magnaguards individually. When one contestant is killed(or clears), the next contestant starts from the beginning.
-Battle takes place in the Geonosis Arena.
-Each Wave starts with a 10 meter distance between the Magnaguards and force-users.
-Each Magnaguard in a given Wave is of the highest caliber/level we've seen.

Contestants:
Contestant 1: RotS Kenobi
Contestant 2: RotS Dooku
Contestant 3: TFU II Galen Marek
Contestant 4: RotS Yoda
Contestant 5: RotS Palpatine
Contestant 6: RotS Mace Windu
Contestant 7: 't3h z0n3' Anakin
Contestant 8: LotF Luke

Waves:
Wave 1: 10 Magnaguards
Wave 2: 20 Magnaguards
Wave 3: 50 Magnaguards
Wave 4: 100 Magnaguards
Wave 5: 200 Magnaguards
Wave 6: 400 Magnaguards

*Bonus
The force-users are able to work together as a team(still confined to sabers only), but face 2,000 Magnaguards in the Arena.

SIDIOUS 66
Is TFU 2 Starkiller any better in sabers than in TFU 1? I've not read the second novel or comic.

Galan007
I've always thought of him as more skillful, but I cannot recall any explicit statements to that effect.

NewGuy01
Geezus... I do say most contestants couldn't beat rounds 1 and 2... Surely not up to ROUND 6.

Vensai
Well, there can only be so many guards attacking at once...
I think Kenobi has a good shot at clearing considering Soresu conserves energy and is suited to blocking multiple attacks. I'm not sure about the others. Dookus in trouble because his style is one on one, and he cannot use FL or TK.

Q99
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Geezus... I do say most contestants couldn't beat rounds 1 and 2... Surely not up to ROUND 6.

Shaak Ti effectively beat round 1 and was about 3/4ths to beating 2 when they pulled back. So the first two are doable.

I'd say Kenobi and Dooku and Marek beats 1, and 2, but 3 is too many. Even by the end of 2, they'll be pretty beat up and tired.

Yoda, Sidious, Mace, Zonakin, may be able to beat 3, but they also stand a good chance at being worn down. Mace and Anakin have the best chance due to being the youngest and greatest in endurance. Not entirely sure on this one, may.

Luke's the only one I'd say would definitely beat 3 and have a chance against 4.

No-one's really going beat 200 magnadroids in sabers alone, let alone 400.

Even conserving energy, that's a lot of magnaguard.

Galan007
What about the sheer speed some of the force-users bring to the table? Remember, they don't have to just sit in one place and wait for the Magnaguards to melee them. /shrug

Q99
Originally posted by Galan007
What about the sheer speed some of the force-users bring to the table? Remember, they don't have to just sit in one place and wait for the Magnaguards to melee them. /shrug

Any place they move to, there's going to be more magnaguard, especially later on. The number makes playing the maneuver game hard, and they have good reflexes.

Against Shaak Ti, the first thing they did was surround her.

The fewer they are, the more speed helps, but the more there are, the less effect it has. Plus, using force speed uses up energy. You can't keep it up too long.

Galan007
I think you might be underestimating the Arena's size a bit?
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/15624857_2289711-geonosis_arena.jpg

http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/15624859_GeonosisExecutionArena.jpg

Imo, you could drop several hundred Magnaguards in the Arena, and there would still be more than enough room left for the force-user(s) to move around freely in. /shrug

You do bring up a good point about force speed depleting their energy, though. However, it's likely going to take a LONG time, and require a LOT of energy output for guys like: Galen, Anakin, Mace, and Luke to tire.

SIDIOUS 66
While Palpatine was just a young apprentice, him and Plagueis mowed through several hundred of Kursid's greatest warriors without being touched.

I know, I know, a Kursid warrior probably does not compare to a magnaguard, but the fact that Palpatine did it very early in his apprenticeship, speaks for what he would be capable of at the peak of his power. We see in ROTS how he can slaughter jedi masters easier than the power rangers can take out puttties.

Q99

Imo, you could drop several hundred Magnaguards in the Arena, and there would still be more than enough room left for the force-user(s) to move around freely in. /shrug

But any space near a magnaguard is going to have other magnaguards. Covering each other's backs and sides.

While they can run around to the empty areas, a group doesn't leave much vulnerabilities, and they will try and envelop.

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66

I know, I know, a Kursid warrior probably does not compare to a magnaguard,

When facing a Jedi, I do think one magnaguard is worth more than a dozen normal warriors.

Also he likely used the force sometimes too, plus of course, while he was a rookie his master was now.

Vensai
While Palpatine was just a young apprentice, him and Plagueis mowed through several hundred of Kursid's greatest warriors without being touched.

I know, I know, a Kursid warrior probably does not compare to a magnaguard, but the fact that Palpatine did it very early in his apprenticeship, speaks for what he would be capable of at the peak of his power. We see in ROTS how he can slaughter jedi masters easier than the power rangers can take out puttties.
I think using the force to boost speed is restricted. They get their energy back each round so the Jedi should do alright. Noob Ahsoka took out three of them. Shaak Ti was beating round two after getting chased around, and she uses Makashi, which is suited for one on one. Don't underestimate the force users.

Galan007
I'll allow force speed, because it directly pertains to lightsaber combat.

Merlyn
I know it's kind of unrelated, but where did the notion that there are different levels of Magnadroids come from? I was under the impression that they were all created equal. confused

Galan007
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/15626619_1.jpg

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/15626636_3.jpg

Magnaguards learn and evolve from every battle. Thus, Magnaguards with years of battle experience would obviously be much more skilled than Magnaguards that are hot off the press and have very little battle experience.

Varying 'levels' of Magnaguard is, imo, why we saw such a huge difference here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVRSPpRQyCM
At 1:39 a single Magnaguard is skillful enough to give Shaak Ti a good fight. At 5:16 Shaak Ti is able to match a dozen(or so) Magnaguards for an extended period of time--- it's hard to attribute that to anything but differences in the skill-level of the Magnaguards, imo. After all, by the time Shaak Ti fought the cluster of them, she would have almost certainly been more fatigued(by a substantial margin, I'd guess) then when she battled the first one. /shrug

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by Q99
Also he likely used the force sometimes too, plus of course, while he was a rookie his master was now.

No, he didn't use the force offensively at all. Plagueis was testing Palpatine's reflexes and speed, and they were armed with only force pikes.

And what does Plagueis not being a "rookie" have to do with anything? Palpatine was forced to evade attacks and fight for himself. Plagueis couldn't have done it for him, since he would be busy defending and fighting for himself. True, the warriors one took out were just warriors the other didn't have to take out, but that's it. They both threw themselves at several hundred warriors, so it's not like Palpatine only fought a dozen or so while Plagueis took on the rest. No, they both went up against hundreds together.

Q99
It does mean Palps only took half, maybe less, of the hundreds.

Varying 'levels' of Magnaguard is, imo, why we saw such a huge difference here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVRSPpRQyCM

Grievous totally destroyed a turnstile for *no reason*!

It's like, Jedi leap over or run through. Magnaguard do likewise. Grevious's turn? Lightsabers it!

The_Tempest
The point of the excerise was, in Plagueis's own words, to test Sidious's physical abilities on the field. It defeats the purpose of the test for Plagueis to do the heavy lifting.

Galan007
Agreed.

Vensai
No, he didn't use the force offensively at all. Plagueis was testing Palpatine's reflexes and speed, and they were armed with only force pikes.

And what does Plagueis not being a "rookie" have to do with anything? Palpatine was forced to evade attacks and fight for himself. Plagueis couldn't have done it for him, since he would be busy defending and fighting for himself. True, the warriors one took out were just warriors the other didn't have to take out, but that's it. They both threw themselves at several hundred warriors, so it's not like Palpatine only fought a dozen or so while Plagueis took on the rest. No, they both went up against hundreds together.
Do those warriors have any feats? I would think they'd be weaker than Magnaguards.

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by Vensai
Do those warriors have any feats? I would think they'd be weaker than Magnaguards.

Go back and read my post.

Vensai
Go back and read my post.
I see. Still, the Magnaguards were made to be able to combat Jedi. One was even giving Shaak Ti trouble, though that could have been just a low showing for her.

Q99
Mind you, that one was still purely on the defensive, it's not like it struck her or pushed her back at any point.

The group actually managed to hurt her.

I think she was having some problem with their reach- it's once she stole one of their weapons that she really started going to town on them.

Vensai
Originally posted by Q99
Mind you, that one was still purely on the defensive, it's not like it struck her or pushed her back at any point.

The group actually managed to hurt her.

I think she was having some problem with their reach- it's once she stole one of their weapons that she really started going to town on them.
Fair enough. She was tiring at that point though. I'm not sure she would have won.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.