Olympus Has Fallen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ascendancy
Anyone see it? Had someone tell me it was pretty good, but I'd like some other opinions before I put it on the list.

Esau Cairn
This movie's kinda snuck up out of nowhere.
I mean no build-up reviews & very little marketing.

The previews on tv look interesting, although I did cringe to see Morgan Freeman playing yet another role that doesn't stretch his acting skills. Guess even big names need to make a living.

KingD19
I liked it. And Morgan Freeman has a nice scene where he exerts authority. But after all the stuff he's done, there's not much left to test his skills. He's been around for quite a long time and proven himself enough that I don't necessarily need to see him go all out.

Kazenji
When seeing the previews and watching the trailer, I get a Die Hard vibe from it.

jinXed by JaNx
horrible no good movie. there is nothing good about this piece of trash. it feels like a made for t.v movie. This movie is like watching a a bad action movie from the nineties that you enjoyed as a child...,it just doesn't hold up. It's boring, monotonous, Stupid, loud, offensive and did i mention stupid? every other scene will have you punching babies just to quell the anger within yourself from the mindless decisions the characters make. I know our government is run by a bunch of monkeys but really if they're this stupid and spineless, they deserve everything that happens to them. I was actually rooting for the terrorists in this piece of trash because if they succeeded, at least something interesting would have happened.

Imagine die hard, but the authorities are even more stupid. Now imagine a protagonist that is never threatened. That is Olympus has fallen. The movie looks and feels like it was filmed in a tin can. just goes to show, anything morgan freeman is in anymore is instantly bad.

the ninjak
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
just goes to show, anything morgan freeman is in anymore is instantly bad.

What about Shawshank?

KingD19
I disagree with pretty much everything he said. I liked it. It wasn't the best movie ever made, but it was a good movie.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by KingD19
I disagree with pretty much everything he said. I liked it. It wasn't the best movie ever made, but it was a good movie.

just so you know

everything you say from here on out is jibberish to me.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by the ninjak
What about Shawshank?

That was back when he was still trying to make a name for himself

Supra
Originally posted by KingD19

It was a good movie, I agree with you! People were giving it a round of applause after it was over! It was cool seing America stand up against North Korean Terrorists.

the ninjak
Saw it. Didn't like it. Another movie that didn't know where to ground itself.

If I say any more I'll just piss people off.

Kazenji
So whats so bad about this movie?

checked out some reviews and basically saying don't take the movie so seriously, its big dumb action movie.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Kazenji
So whats so bad about this movie?

checked out some reviews and basically saying don't take the movie so seriously, its big dumb action movie.

You know that feeling when you go back and watch an old action movie through the perspective and maturity of your adult eyes and you ask yourself how you ever liked that? This is that movie. The severity of stupidity and lack of awareness here belongs in the standards of modern day, made for T.v or straight to dvd movies. A movie with a budget and casting list as capable as this one should leave you expecting more. This movie should leave you feeling a bit jolted, unnerved, thrilled and entertained with lasting memories of incredible action. The only thing you'll remember, however, is the stupid lack of care that was put into the movie.

nmaheshbalan
I saw the movie last week,its totally a crap movie,week storyline and screenplay totally drags makes it irrirating.not a worthfull movie..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.