Point Break (Remake)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/11/director-chosen-for-point-break-remake

This seems unnecessary. The first one is amazing, and has aged pretty damn good. I'm not sure if I'm all that happy about this.

Robtard
The original is campy fun with memorial lines one can laugh at. eg "Punk, Quarterback punk", and my personal favorite:

hpmp6HYAnk0

I have no problem with a remake, it's not going to affect the cheese-fest that is the original. I have zero expectations for it being good though.

marwash22
this has Channing Tatum written all over it.

Robtard
Good call, I can see a Johnny Utah in him. Possibly see Mathew Imkindagay as Bohi, but he's probably to long in the tooth for such a role now.

BruceSkywalker
will pass.. didn't care for the first one and won't be seeing this..

Originally posted by marwash22

which means you will be the first person in line to see it.. big grin

marwash22
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
which means you will be the first person in line to see it.. big grin only if he shows his peen.

Yurika
Hope the remake will be successful.

Supra
Way to **** up a good thing

Esau Cairn

And Chris Rock!!! Happy Dance

the ninjak
They're young, dumb and full of c**.

jinXed by JaNx
how about keanu reeves and gary busy re-star in the remake..,let's get the same director and writers too. Yeah, that sounds good lol

the ninjak
Keanu will be up for it. smokin'

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae259/the_ninjak/keanustoned_zps7ba2544a.jpg

Patient_Leech
Salt was HORRIBLE. This is gonna suck. Just watch the original. No reason to remake it.

Supra
Originally posted by Yurika
Hope the remake will be successful.

Ill take Reeves any day over listing and watching Tatum on screen performance..least Reeves commands some king of presence. He was Neo for ****s sake.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Supra
He was Neo for ****s sake.

IMO some of the best action sequences in The Matrix series was without Neo.

Patient_Leech

Major_Lexington
original was awesome, a modern update will be watched but without the 90's feel it will just be another standard plot double-cross/revenge movie.

Loved Point Break, I will watch it this weekend! big grin

marwash22
Originally posted by Supra
Way to **** up a good thing lol, stop talking as if the original was a masterpiece. It's a cult movie.

leareva
Thanks for share the post with us.

quanchi112
Awful idea for a remake.

Kazenji
ncvFAm4kYCo

Mindset
Garbage.

Inhuman
Originally posted by Mindset
Garbage.

thumb up

The reason the og Point break was good in the first place was cause of Keanu and Swayze

marwash22
i didn't hate that trailer at all.

methinks people won't give it a chance simply 'cause it's a remake... a remake of a movie that wasn't great to begin with. I sorta get it, it's not like remakes have a history of being well produced. I'm just not gonna be one to say it looks garbage just because i have a soft spot for the original.

Time Immemorial
This actually looks good now.

marwash22
aren't you like 12 years old?

the movie is older than you. probably didn't even see the original.

Time Immemorial
i didn't hate that trailer at all.

methinks people won't give it a chance simply 'cause it's a remake... a remake of a movie that wasn't great to begin with. I sorta get it, it's not like remakes have a history of being well produced. I'm just not gonna be one to say it looks garbage just because i have a soft spot for the original.
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
This actually looks good now.
aren't you like 12 years old?

the movie is older than you. probably didn't even see the original.

Interesting way to start a argument about us agreeing the movie looks good..and about the age, I'm 6 years older then you.

marwash22
lol. did you write the original post before you watched the trailer?

Time Immemorial
lol. did you write the original post before you watched the trailer?

Yes laughing

Time Immemorial
This really looks good though, I would go see this in theater just from the cinematography.

Esau Cairn

Esau Cairn
I'm feeling wrong director was chosen....taking this film too seriously.
Villain definitely lacks Swayze's charisma.
And Bhodi looks like he's going to cry in every scene.

marwash22
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
The car chase battle was the highlight of that film & Neo wasn't part of it. the fight and car chase all counts as one scene, imo, and Neo saving them at the end of it was the culmination of the best scene in the movie.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
I'm feeling wrong director was chosen....taking this film too seriously.
Villain definitely lacks Swayze's charisma.
And Bhodi looks like he's going to cry in every scene. This.

The only way this film wont suck is if they can can make me believe in the relationship between Utah and Bodhi. I'm alright with Nutah so far, but NuBodhi does not have any kind of presence let alone one that can fill the shoes of the Swayze. The trailer also looks like they're focusing more on set pieces than interpersonal relationships. This would have stood more of a chance if they went the 'indy late night movie on IFC' route.

I don't know. Maybe it will surprise me and end up being awesome. So far though, not impressed.

Also, some nostalgia for you guys
78s7DO5eehQ

marwash22
KvKneCIlIVs

this looks good, man. Call it something other than "Point Break" and i don't see how anyone would disagree.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Mindset
Garbage.

Ascendancy
That casting is horribad.

0mega Spawn
The trailer was cool as hell though you gotta admit

0mega Spawn
Point Break: State of the union

Ghoulio
Originally posted by Arachnid1

This seems unnecessary. The first one is amazing, and has aged pretty damn good. I'm not sure if I'm all that happy about this.

I agree. Sometimes a remake is a good idea and sometimes it isn't. Not saying I wouldn't watch it but I'm sure it wouldn't live up to the original.

Kazenji
Seems like this remake is a dud going by the reviews.

Patient_Leech
^ Yeah, I am boycotting this. Looks like garbage. Won't have the charm of the original. I might watch the original again sometime soon.

Esau Cairn
This movie would have more potential to succeed if it stood on its own & not a remake of Point Break.

Estacado
Shit was terrible.

quanchi112
Why would you see it ?

Estacado
Friend convinced me.
It was awful.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
Friend convinced me.
It was awful. It just looked bad and generic by the preview. Only way I'll ever watch it is months down the line on Netflix as a last option.

Estacado
The scenes are ok.
The plot is meh the dialogue and the twists are lame.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.