30 Silver Backs vs Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
This is a rematch 30 full grown Silver Backs are on a bloodlust frenzy Batman is in his suit with no weapons. The fight takes place in the jungle Batman is in the middle of the 30. PIS off

KingD19
Are these silver backs of the same level as say Monsieur Mala or Gorilla Beast Boy or Grodd?

pym-ftw
Grodd and Mala are more than enough

If they are just animals Batman probably 8/10

Rao Kal El
Batman is not an idiot, he will try to take them one by one. He will initially get on a three in order to cut his disadvantage on numbers. From there he starts picking them one by one.

75% chances of clearing it

KingD19
What logic are you using that the Silver Backs will act like goons and attack him one at a time? They're all gonna be rushing him at once.

Badabing
Batman pounds his chest, gives the bat glare and the silver backs retreat. sneer

golem370
Standard Silverback 350pounds around 20 times stronger then the average man which means each one would be 10 times stronger then Data.

StyleTime
Data? The dude from Star Trek?

namorsubby
How many ninja manbats did batman beat again? A lot.

Lets face it, Batman is clearly superhuman, according to human standards in the real world. Batman FTW.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by golem370
PIS off

There goes Batman.

Stoic
They tear him apart, and throw shit at him.

Bentley
PIS off Batman gets murdered by the Penguin stick out tongue

curryman
PIS off his armour can still take machinegun fire at point blank and hits from Mongul....

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by KingD19
What logic are you using that the Silver Backs will act like goons and attack him one at a time? They're all gonna be rushing him at once.

What logic are you using that batman is going to try to wrestle 30 silver backs at the same time?

Sh1t he does, he dies. But trying to out smart gorilas is something I def can see batman capable of pulling off.

Unless you think he cant, because you think he is dumb enough to wrestle 30 silver backs at the same time. If you were Batman and you try to pull that one out, you deserve to die.

Pis off he is still pretty capable of getting out of that circle, by evasion.

Stoic
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
What logic are you using that batman is going to try to wrestle 30 silver backs at the same time?

Sh1t he does, he dies. But trying to out smart gorilas is something I def can see batman capable of pulling off.

Unless you think he cant, because you think he is dumb enough to wrestle 30 silver backs at the same time. If you were Batman and you try to pull that one out, you deserve to die.

Pis off he is still pretty capable of getting out of that circle, by evasion.

There's going to be no thinking brah, just Bat ass torn to pieces.

curryman
Originally posted by Stoic

Well first thing he would do is probably jump out of there...

Rao Kal El

He is capable enough to get out of that situation and try to cut the disadvantage in numbers. The setting might help.

I was originally going for the "he gets murdered and torn into pieces" scenario, but then I thought about the arena and how he usually tries to take advantage of his surroundings.

I can see him pulling the win, very very costly though. But also I can see not pulling it. But I am more lenient towards surviving it, because that is what the bastard does. Mainly because of the arena.

If this were a white featureless room, he dies.

Stoic
Cmon man, Do you know what one Silverback could to a house? My God there's 30 on em LOL.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by curryman
PIS off his armour can still take machinegun fire at point blank and hits from Mongul....

Yeah, him taking hits from Mongul is PIS.

Rao Kal El
Cmon man, Do you know what one Silverback could to a house? My God there's 30 on em LOL.

Yes, but i am thinking on the jungle scenario. Hidding, stalking all those things he does.

To be honest if he takes on more than one at the same time he is in deep trouble., he may pull a double kill.

But i am thinking that batman will try to get out of that and pick one by one.

If he takes on the 30 he dies. Maybe the op should state if is a requisite that he must to take on the 30 at the same time or if batman is allowed to hunt and pick one by one.

The only reason im thinking he has a chance is because of the jungle scenario that might give him the chance to stalk, hide, attack, kill and repeat 30 times, not because I think he will be able to bat kick the 30 of them into oblivion.

curryman
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Yeah, him taking hits from Mongul is PIS.

Why?

If he was naked, sure.

I'd much rather attribute it to his suit, which has tanked hits from sooooooooooo many super-strong opponents rather than just scream PIS.

JakeTheBank
Why?

If he was naked, sure.

I'd much rather attribute it to his suit, which has tanked hits from sooooooooooo many super-strong opponents rather than just scream PIS.

Because his suit, while it affords him protection, still enables him to be hurt by street level thugs provided they can hit him. Someone in Mongul's strength class should splatter him barring special designed suits of armor.

Stopping bullets (to a point) or knives is one thing. "Tanking" class 100+ blows is something else.

Stoic
Yes, but i am thinking on the jungle scenario. Hidding, stalking all those things he does.

To be honest if he takes on more than one at the same time he is in deep trouble., he may pull a double kill.

But i am thinking that batman will try to get out of that and pick one by one.

If he takes on the 30 he dies. Maybe the op should state if is a requisite that he must to take on the 30 at the same time or if batman is allowed to hunt and pick one by one.

The only reason im thinking he has a chance is because of the jungle scenario that might give him the chance to stalk, hide, attack, kill and repeat 30 times, not because I think he will be able to bat kick the 30 of them into oblivion.

All Bats is going to being saying is "Oh my God Dick, Jason, someone... Please help me aieee!".

curryman
Because his suit, while it affords him protection, still enables him to be hurt by street level thugs provided they can hit him. Someone in Mongul's strength class should splatter him barring special designed suits of armor.

Stopping bullets (to a point) or knives is one thing. "Tanking" class 100+ blows is something else.

He's done it time and time again.

JakeTheBank
He's done it time and time again.

Consistent PIS is still PIS.

Considering someone like Mongul has the necessary strength to perform things such as shatter mountains and the like and consistent gunfire will penetrate Batman's suit (to say nothing of the kinetic force of merely being shot at will and does cause him physical pain, regardless of whether or not the bullet penetrates the armor), there's no other explanation outside of shoddy writing.

Rao Kal El
All Bats is going to being saying is "Oh my God Dick, Jason, someone... Please help me aieee!".

Lol, yes I can see that happening too.

Bentley

You should know since you're a Thor fan 131

Martian_mind
Batman. Easily.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Bentley
You should know since you're a Thor fan 131

laughing out loud

curryman

Considering someone like Mongul has the necessary strength to perform things such as shatter mountains and the like and consistent gunfire will penetrate Batman's suit (to say nothing of the kinetic force of merely being shot at will and does cause him physical pain, regardless of whether or not the bullet penetrates the armor), there's no other explanation outside of shoddy writing.

I'm talking about one hit from Mongul tho, surviving one hit. Not like standing up and shit.

And I think that he should be able to handle several 10-20 ton hits, hmmm.

no thread will ever come close to the glory that is http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=442145&pagenumber=24

TheGodKiller
Cmon man, Do you know what one Silverback could to a house?
Apart from the exaggerated myths propagated on the internet, I'd indeed like to know.

TheGodKiller
You can't just throw out all of his feats because you don't like them.
thumb up

Perceiver1
Originally posted by 753
no thread will ever come close to the glory that is http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=442145&pagenumber=24

I think Batman may have some animal knowledge that may help him. Aside from that, I don't like his chances at all. The terrain is not going to help him, it's going to help the gorillas, it's their backyard. They are also faster and can climb trees better than he can.

yes, they'll eat him alive, but a better question is: could wolverine eat 8 million bears?

Perceiver1
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Apart from the exaggerated myths propagated on the internet, I'd indeed like to know.

Gorillas are extremely powerful by human standards, but some people here seem to be exaggerating.

namorsubby
According to comic displayed feats Id say Batman might even be stronger than a Gorilla. Human heroes are superhuman in comics.

juggerman
Originally posted by namorsubby
According to comic displayed feats Id say Batman might even be stronger than a Gorilla. Human heroes are superhuman in comics.

I've never seen a gorilla kick a tree in half and walk off like nothing happened....

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
thumb up

Not even remotely close to the same thing.

LeonBuco666
Batman is very smart and all, very is an understatement really but, he's just peak human for his size and build, silverback gorillas are 6 times stronger than the average human if I'm not mistaken so really they're at LEAST 2 times stronger than bruce, an probly a lot faster, batmans with no 'weapons' if that means no gadgets and a standard suit, I think batmans gonna get ripped apart + if he had his gadgets he could probly win this one, otherwise its over for him

TheGodKiller
Not even remotely close to the same thing.
If you say so.

golem370
I heard years ago that Batman is able to lift 600lbs due to a serum he made to make him peak human. But even so I seen one Silverback lift himself up a tree with one arm and I think he weighted 400+. A Chimp alone can rip someones face off thats Michael Myers level strength right there.Lets say Joker captures Batman and drops him down 10 yards from the gorillas they heard him and are moving in.

comic gorillas are alot stronger than real gorillas too

Lord Feron
I heard years ago that Batman is able to lift 600lbs due to a serum he made to make him peak human. But even so I seen one Silverback lift himself up a tree with one arm and I think he weighted 400+. A Chimp alone can rip someones face off thats Michael Myers level strength right there.Lets say Joker captures Batman and drops him down 10 yards from the gorillas they heard him and are moving in.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa... batman made a serum and took it to becomes peak human???!

Decimus
If a human that has an intelligence around the level of Ed Witten and athletic ability to match cannot out smart a extremely large amount on gorillas into killing themselves then it's someone else in the suit. Plus he solves problems under constraints all the time without fire arms. At a certain point the intelligence completely dwarfs the strength aspect and it would show in batman most likely not even throwing a punch.

neither batman nor ed witten would trick gorillas into killing themselves.

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Whoa whoa whoa whoa... batman made a serum and took it to becomes peak human???! in all physical aspects he's peak human, with no gadgets I don't hink he would bet some of the people he does, sure he could 'make' some makeshift weapons on the go but he's losing this indefinatley

golem370
I heard or read that he created a serum many years ago like a chemist to increase his strength to 600lbs weither its actually happened I have no proof.

I heard that was actually captain america's backstory

carver9
Lol@the people voting for Batman.

Shabazz916
Batman dies a horrible death

LeonBuco666
I heard or read that he created a serum many years ago like a chemist to increase his strength to 600lbs weither its actually happened I have no proof. you def heard wrong its been stated many times that he's at peak human in all physical aspects or just above, which is why he is considered by many comic book fans to be the best because he's just a human taking on and defeating the likes of killer croc, grundy etc but 30 gorrilas with no prep, no weapons or gadgets, in the jungle its came over the second a gorlla go in for the kill

golem370
Originally posted by 753
I heard that was actually captain america's backstory

You heard that Captain America made his own serum to make him peak human lol thats not how I heard it.

cdtm

So all of Cap's strength feats are consistent PIS, then? sad

I love Cap as much as the next guy, the super soldier serum shouldn't turn him into Luke Cage +, yet all of his many, many feats of super human strength, durability, and speed get written off as "It's the SSS, it made him >>>>> street", despite the fact sometimes he pulls off crap Spidey can't do.

Bats, on the other hand, gets treated as baseline human half the time. As in, baseline real world human, not comic book peak human..

golem370
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
you def heard wrong its been stated many times that he's at peak human in all physical aspects or just above, which is why he is considered by many comic book fans to be the best because he's just a human taking on and defeating the likes of killer croc, grundy etc but 30 gorrilas with no prep, no weapons or gadgets, in the jungle its came over the second a gorlla go in for the kill

Peak Human is what they say but yet in comic books it shows him doing things beyond peak human like hurt a very superhuman villain with a kick or a punch. Comics now a days rarely stay with the stats given.

LeonBuco666
You heard that Captain America made his own serum to make him peak human lol thats not how I heard it. I heard it was a goverment experiment, nar that can't be it, he probly drank some bad milk

LeonBuco666
Peak Human is what they say but yet in comic books it shows him doing things beyond peak human like hurt a very superhuman villain with a kick or a punch. Comics now a days rarely stay with the stats given. depends on what gear and suit he's got, and its usually for plots sake, I mean he may be able to dodge a few gorrilas but no way is he beating even one

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by cdtm
So all of Cap's strength feats are consistent PIS, then? sad

I love Cap as much as the next guy, the super soldier serum shouldn't turn him into Luke Cage +, yet all of his many, many feats of super human strength, durability, and speed get written off as "It's the SSS, it made him >>>>> street", despite the fact sometimes he pulls off crap Spidey can't do.

Bats, on the other hand, gets treated as baseline human half the time. As in, baseline real world human, not comic book peak human..

No. And neither for that record are all of Batman's feats PIS.

That doesn't mean neither of them have PIS feats or can even be possessed of consistent PIS feats.

Cap's high end feats are certainly absurd as all hell, but his baseline feats are well within his established powers due to the Super Soldier Serum. He's been superhuman in both portrayal, description of powers, and feats for years now. Batman's not.

golem370
Yeah I know how Captain America got his abilities and I was pointing out the differences between how I heard Bats got his.

LeonBuco666
Not sure if this was canon or just in the movie, but bane broke batman, I seriously doubt bane in the movie was stronger than a silverback gorrila if he's the same size an build in the comic, then I have no doubts a silver back would tear bats in half

Tornatic
This is a rematch 30 full grown Silver Backs are on a bloodlust frenzy Batman is in his suit with no weapons. The fight takes place in the jungle Batman is in the middle of the 30. PIS off Him not being able to use any weapons or gadgets in his belt handicaps him imo.

Decimus
Originally posted by 753
neither batman nor ed witten would trick gorillas into killing themselves.

Batman would because he has a excellent understanding of psychology and knows how to manipulate it. Lol Witten would die because he has no real need for psychology in his field but batman on the other hand has mastered it. He knows of the way gorillas interact, how they defend themselves and act to threats he could defeat them easily. This is why lions don't rule the world and we do. You have a nice day SB 170.

Omega Vision
Batman just kicks them all.
Standard Silverback 350pounds around 20 times stronger then the average man which means each one would be 10 times stronger then Data.
Lol, if you mean Data from Star Trek, then no, you're just plain wrong. Data is much more than just twice as strong as a human.

Originally posted by Decimus
Batman would because he has a excellent understanding of psychology and knows how to manipulate it. Lol Witten would die because he has no real need for psychology in his field but batman on the other hand has mastered it. He knows of the way gorillas interact, how they defend themselves and act to threats he could defeat them easily. This is why lions don't rule the world and we do. You have a nice day SB 170. facepalmno ethologist or primatologist on earth, no matter how intelligent, would induce gorillas to kill themselves. the sophistication in our theories of the mind is not the reason we "rule the world", which we don't btw.

now please explain how batman's understanding of gorilla social behavior nets him the win here.

golem370
Data is suppose to have the strength of ten men and gorillas are said to be 20 times stronger so they would be 10 times stronger then Data.

Sixth_Winged
My God. Did people actually pick Batman here? Jesus, even Spider-man (without webs of course) would have trouble with these much gorillas let alone Batman without weapons.

Tony Stark
Batman is turned into Gorilla sinew...

Oliver North
this = why inimalist hates comics...

cdtm
Next up, Captain America vs 30 stampeding African bush elephants? smile

namorsubby
How many 600lb ninja manbats did he beat at once again? Come on guys.....gorillas, really?

cdtm
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Batman just kicks them all.

Lol, if you mean Data from Star Trek, then no, you're just plain wrong. Data is much more than just twice as strong as a human.

If Lor can take a hit from Worf without budging, I'd guess the Soon twins are a lot more then twice as strong..

Khan is probably about twice as strong, if not more, and Kirk could still whip him in a fight. Not to mention hold his own against an enraged Spock, and Vulcans are up to three times as strong.

namorsubby
How many 600lb ninja manbats did he beat at once again? Come on guys.....gorillas, really? lol it was thirty. Batman #656. Actually Talia said he crippled AT LEAST 30. Lol gorillas....

Sixth_Winged
lol it was thirty. Batman #656. Actually Talia said he crippled AT LEAST 30. Lol gorillas....

Were the manbats as strong as gorillas?
Was batman without his weapons and utility belt?

JakeTheBank
He had his utility belt and the environment to use to his advantage (ie. pulling alarms to overwhelm their enhanced sense of sound).

And he was still overwhelmed in the end. Talia was the one thing that kept him alive.

namorsubby
They weigh like 200lbs more so...

Bruce might even be stronger according to feats.

No, he used a net, rope, sticks, and sonic....but just because he cant used standard equipment doesn't mean he can't utilize anything he can find in the jungle to trap/harm them. Large rocks, branches, vine, maybe lure them off a cliff or into a steep cavern etc. Hes batman so I'm sure hed think of something better then batkicking them all to oblivion (cause that would be too easy)

He had his utility belt and the environment to use to his advantage (ie. pulling alarms to overwhelm their enhanced sense of sound).

And he was still overwhelmed in the end. Talia was the one thing that kept him alive.

You forgot to mention that there was alot more than thirty, they can fly, have weapons, and are ninjas. Gorillas.....lol

JakeTheBank
You forgot to mention that there was alot more than thirty, they can fly, have weapons, and are ninjas. Gorillas.....lol

And Batman had his utility belt, an alarm system to fall back on, the art exhibit to use to his advantage, and the fact that the Man-Bat assassins weren't even trying to kill him.

Either way you cut it, using that fight as an example for how he'd beat silver back gorillas in the jungle without his gear doesn't make sense.

namorsubby
But It does.....why? Because beating 30 comicbook 600lb ninja manbats with swords is far more impressive than beating 30 real life gorillas. Not even close.

Hes batman. He has a whole jungle at his disposal. I honestly feel sorry for the gorillas. The thread starter should add 10-15 more.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by cdtm
If Lor can take a hit from Worf without budging, I'd guess the Soon twins are a lot more then twice as strong..

Khan is probably about twice as strong, if not more, and Kirk could still whip him in a fight. Not to mention hold his own against an enraged Spock, and Vulcans are up to three times as strong.
Truth. I don't see a gorilla bending the metal bar that Data bent in the episode where that scientist wanted to take him apart.

JakeTheBank
But It does.....why? Because beating 30 comicbook 600lb ninja manbats with swords is far more impressive than beating 30 real life gorillas. Not even close.

Hes batman. He has a whole jungle at his disposal. I honestly feel sorry for the gorillas. The thrwad starter should add 10-15 more.

They weren't even trying to kill him and Batman was still knocked out at the end of the fight. And Batman had his gadgets to fall back on (namely his grappling hook and flashbang/sonic grenades) as well as a convenient alarm system to trigger in order to prey on their vulnerabilities to loud sounds.

Which, again, isn't quite the same as fighting animals out to kill him without his gear or man made devices in the environment to exploit to his advantage.

golem370
He is 10 times stronger then normal human.

Naija boy
Batman wins. Can't see 30 uncoordinated real life gorillas beating him. I mean he might be a human in comic terms but he is def above it in real life terms.

namorsubby
They weren't even trying to kill him and Batman was still knocked out at the end of the fight. And Batman had his gadgets to fall back on (namely his grappling hook and flashbang/sonic grenades) as well as a convenient alarm system to trigger in order to prey on their vulnerabilities to loud sounds.

Which, again, isn't quite the same as fighting animals out to kill him without his gear or man made devices in the environment to exploit to his advantage. Batman easily > 30 gorillas is what I'm getting at here.

JakeTheBank
Batman easily > 30 gorillas is what I'm getting at here.

What feats of a gadgetless Batman are applicable in a situation where he's in the middle of 30 bloodlusted frenzied apes in the jungle?

He's not winning this easily at all if he even wins.

Rao Kal El
I had a hard time trying to see Batman win in here aside from the setting and trying to give him the intelligence and environment exploitation advantage and since the beginning I was going to say that He dies.

In a most likely real scenario He is going to die in the end, he might defeat 1 or two maybe 4 if we go easy on him.

But He is not getting out of this 100% sure.

JakeTheBank
I had a hard time trying to see Batman win in here aside from the setting and trying to give him the intelligence and environment exploitation advantage and since the beginning I was going to say that He dies.

In a most likely real scenario He is going to die in the end, he might defeat 1 or two maybe 4 if we go easy on him.

But He is not getting out of this 100% sure.

Personally, I can give him the benefit of the doubt to a point with the whole "it's comics" thing considering he's dealt with aggressive wildlife before. But in the pages of a comic, I highly highly doubt that a gadgetless Batman would be able to easily survive an encounter with bloodlusted gorillas. He'd probably be messed up beyond belief if he had to actually dispatch them for whatever reason, not merely evade them.

The idea he'd breeze through this or somehow make the gorillas kill themselves is beyond stupid, though.

Rao Kal El
Personally, I can give him the benefit of the doubt to a point with the whole "it's comics" thing considering he's dealt with aggressive wildlife before. But in the pages of a comic, I highly highly doubt that a gadgetless Batman would be able to easily survive an encounter with bloodlusted gorillas. He'd probably be messed up beyond belief if he had to actually dispatch them for whatever reason, not merely evade them.

The idea he'd breeze through this or somehow make the gorillas kill themselves is beyond stupid, though.

Yes, He is def not breezing through this one.

Mindset
Gorillas beat the shit out of Bruce.

Naija boy
Just noticed that batman doesnt have his suit any weapons or gadgets in the OP. If thats the case, the gorillas could do it.

ColossusGrundy
Straight fight? he dies

With gadgets, he'd escape

Mindset
Originally posted by Naija boy
Just noticed that batman doesnt have his suit any weapons or gadgets in the OP. If thats the case, the gorillas could do it. You just want to agree with me, don't lie.

namorsubby
What feats of a gadgetless Batman are applicable in a situation where he's in the middle of 30 bloodlusted frenzied apes in the jungle?

He's not winning this easily at all if he even wins.
Feats similar to a scenario involving no gadgets which is what he carries and against 30 gorillas in the jungle....yeah, sorry, I dont have those. Its not like thats ridiculously specific or anything.

Batman cannot find a way to escape/entrap/defeat 30 mindless gorillas in a jungle? Thats what he couldn't figure out and how he gets killed out of everything hes dealt with in his comic history. This has to be the most laughable thread I've ever encountered.

I literally cannot believe this thread. I know were not big on batman around here but damn.lol

JakeTheBank
Feats similar to a scenario involving no gadgets which is what he carries and against 30 gorillas in the jungle....yeah, sorry, I dont have those. Its not like thats ridiculously specific or anything.

Batman cannot find a way to escape/entrap/defeat 30 mindless gorillas in a jungle? Thats what he couldn't figure out and how he gets killed out of everything hes dealt with in his comic history. This has to be the most laughable thread I've ever encountered.

I literally cannot believe this thread. I know were not big on batman around here but damn.lol

laughing out loud

Applicable feats =/= feats pertaining to this exact specific scenario. Anything showcasing Batman's strength, speed, endurance, etc sans gadgets or his wilderness survival ability would be applicable per this thread. Your example of him fighting off Man-Bat Ninjas doesn't really fly considering he used gadgets extensively as well as convenient plot device (ie. the art exhibit's alarm system) to prey on their susceptibility to loud noises. And the fact they weren't trying to kill him and still overwhelmed him anyway.

"Batman finds a way" isn't really an answer to a versus thread. By all means, you could point out more pertinent feats or examples of a unarmed Bruce doing something similar in scope or difficulty of surviving a group of bloodlusted gorillas of whom he's in the middle of. Versus Threads also have the benefit of being devoid of plot and PIS, so Batman's storied history of surviving at all costs doesn't really account to much outside of his feats and skills which could be used in this thread. Even so, in a comic, you better believe something as ludicrous as being swarmed by killer apes wouldn't be easy for Batman. Hell, by all rights, he would probably struggle with a couple of them.

Shouting "he's Batman!" or throwing out feats/fights where he's had the benefit of gadgets to use doesn't really help him here.

golem370
This is an angry gorilla fast powerful and scary as hell

http://youtu.be/Umokxn3Vc38

Mindset

I literally cannot believe this thread. I know were not big on batman around here but damn. Yea we are.

Rao Kal El
He had a hard time dealing with a white Siberian Tiger in Detective Comics with out his belt.

There is no way He can survive let alone defeat 30 apes.

Only way is picking one by one.

But the 30 at the same time? No

Unless he hypnotizes them or makes them fight each other, but.... Oh wait is PIS off match. Never mind big grin

namorsubby
^lol you need to brush up on your Batman. This wouldn't even be that much of a high end feat considering the lengthy resume of high end feats that he has accumulated over the years.

All the threats that this guy has gone up against and you people are trying yo tell me he loses to some gorillas? Hed herd them and dispose of them while knocking a few of them off with his bare hands and whatever he could use from from his environment, no question about.

Batman is even physically superior to a real life gorilla according to feats. Pfft, come one guys.

DTM
Batman, in the middle of 30 enraged silverback apes who want him dead? Right, hes dead, no way Bats is making it out of this. Apes definately for the win (and Im a big Batman fan).

namorsubby
^Because this is the deadliest, most dangerous thing he has ever encountered in all his years, right? Lol, dead wrong. Far from it.

DTM
No, but the situation hes in is so disadvantageous to him. Each gorilla is physically superior to him, now there are 30 of them, all enraged, all wanting to rip Batman to pieces, and hes POOFed here, in the center of their domain, with no prep or planning. Yeah, hes gone. Unless he pulls out some kind of area of effect sonic attack that fries all of their brains, hes ape-food.

Rao Kal El
^lol you need to brush up on your Batman. This wouldn't even be that much of a high end feat considering the lengthy resume of high end feats that he has accumulated over the years.

All the threats that this guy has gone up against and you people are trying yo tell me he loses to some gorillas? Hed herd them and dispose of them while knocking a few of them off with his bare hands and whatever he could use from from his environment, no question about.

Batman is even physically superior to a real life gorilla according to feats. Pfft, come one guys.

I guess We agree to disagree.

I honestly don't see him defeating 30 apes at the same time. If he pick one by one, he does has a chance, but IMO not against 30 at the same time with out his belt.

But You are entitled to your point of view and I won't try to change your mind.

Bentley
It really depends on how well adapted to the jungle the gorillas are, Batman should be able to capitalize falls, pitfalls and trees to put enough distance between him and the animals. Gorillas aren't good enough trackers to keep an eye on him for too long, from then on, it becomes traps and tactics and Bruce has it in the pocket.

JakeTheBank
^Because this is the deadliest, most dangerous thing he has ever encountered in all his years, right? Lol, dead wrong. Far from it.

What? lol

Batman doesn't need to face the deadliest, most dangerous thing he's ever encountered in order to lose a fight, let alone a fight like this.

He's unarmed, in the center of thirty crazed out for blood silver back gorillas. Based on what does Batman win this, let alone easily? I mean, looking at the very comics themselves, he's struggled with things far less dire than this situation.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by Bentley
It really depends on how well adapted to the jungle the gorillas are, Batman should be able to capitalize falls, pitfalls and trees to put enough distance between him and the animals. Gorillas aren't good enough trackers to keep an eye on him for too long, from then on, it becomes traps and tactics and Bruce has it in the pocket.

This I can see it happening.

But not engaging them all of them at the same time.

I'm posting the Detective Comics scans.

He did beat the Tiger though, but He was in very bad shape at the end of the fight.

DTM
I guess We agree to disagree.

I honestly don't see him defeating 30 apes at the same time. If he pick one by one, he does has a chance, but IMO not against 30 at the same time with out his belt.

But You are entitled to your point of view and I won't try to change your mind.

As often happens, I agree with Rao quite handily.

namorsubby
What? lol

Batman doesn't need to face the deadliest, most dangerous thing he's ever encountered in order to lose a fight, let alone a fight like this.

He's unarmed, in the center of thirty crazed out for blood silver back gorillas. Based on what does Batman win this, let alone easily? I mean, looking at the very comics themselves, he's struggled with things far less dire than this situation. Hes overcome things far more devastating, routinely.

He'll evade, he'll strategize, he'll overcome. These are animals were talking about. Hes one of if not the absolute best tactician on dc earth.

DTM
Hes in the center of 30 apes, in their domain, all wanting his blood, no way without any gadgets that hes evading or losing them at all. These are apes, theyre not turtles, these things are as quick and agile as they are strong and powerful.

Stoic
Look Batman loses. Spiderman would have a hard time with this many Gorillas, and he can throw sedans at people.

JakeTheBank
Hes overcome things far more devastating, routinely.

He'll evade, he'll strategize, he'll overcome. These are animals were talking about. Hes one of if not the absolute best tactician on dc earth.

That's not really an answer outside of "he's Batman".

Those things are nice and all, but let's not pretend it would be a cakewalk for him because we know in a comic if this were to happen, we'd see Batman struggling to stay alive as he took these guys (or rather, apes) out. Devoid of plot, his standard equipment, and a favorable environment, he's at a significant disadvantage.

namorsubby
No, he would not.lol

namorsubby
That's not really an answer outside of "he's Batman".

Those things are nice and all, but let's not pretend it would be a cakewalk for him because we know in a comic if this were to happen, we'd see Batman struggling to stay alive as he took these guys (or rather, apes) out. Devoid of plot, his standard equipment, and a favorable environment, he's at a significant disadvantage. They are gorillas for christs sake. Hes the worlds greatest tactician. Theres a difference between struggling and losing

NemeBro
The Silverbacks beat him to death or rip him to pieces, lol.

He is in a circle of 30 Silverbacks, who will rush him, promptly crushing him between about five tons of pissed off fur, muscle, and bone.

NemeBro
Look Batman loses. Spiderman would have a hard time with this many Gorillas, and he can throw sedans at people.

I dunno about all that.

Spiderman can lift all of these gorillas over his head at once, lol.

Batman can't.

DTM
They are gorillas for christs sake. Hes the worlds greatest tactician. Theres a difference between struggling and losing

There are certain circumstances and situations where superior intellect and tactics just wont help pull out a win - THIS is one of those situations for Batman.

namorsubby
No, not really. We all know bruce will not try to overcome this with pure physicality.

JakeTheBank
They are gorillas for christs sake. Hes the worlds greatest tactician. Theres a difference between struggling and losing

Him being a great tactician means jack all when he's in the middle of 30 pissed off primates who want him dead. He has no prep time, no gadgets, no familiar terrain to exploit...he's severely handicapped in this.

Rao Kal El
Ok this is from Detective Comics 612

BTW I love Breyfogle's art, He is my favorite Batman artist

Batman besides not having his belt, He is roped into an antena with his own rope.

I am using this example because is an interaction of Batman with a "wild animal" I said "wild animal" because the cat belonged to Catman.

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/Batman%20vs%20Tiger/DetectiveComics612-Page14_zps49647284.jpg

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/Batman%20vs%20Tiger/DetectiveComics612-Page15_zpsc360c115.jpg

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/Batman%20vs%20Tiger/DetectiveComics612-Page16_zps84cd4114.jpg

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/Batman%20vs%20Tiger/DetectiveComics612-Page17_zpsc8178cac.jpg

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/Batman%20vs%20Tiger/DetectiveComics612-Page18_zps632d3c4c.jpg

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/Batman%20vs%20Tiger/DetectiveComics612-Page19_zps0f4f9212.jpg

He won in the end, but this is how he ended up.

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/Batman%20vs%20Tiger/DetectiveComics612-Page22_zps67e22a4b.jpg

Defeating and ridding a Siberian Tiger is not a sh1tty feat for Batman.

namorsubby
^Now tell me, is that a high end or even a good showing considering what he does routinely......no. Next.

DTM
No, not really. We all know bruce will not try to overcome this with pure physicality.

But thats just it, in this situation, there is no other alternative.

This match is actually so one sided against Batman, its almost a spite thread.

namorsubby
Him being a great tactician means jack all when he's in the middle of 30 pissed off primates who want him dead. He has no prep time, no gadgets, no familiar terrain to exploit...he's severely handicapped in this. lol omg, YES. Yes tactics do mean sonething, everything actually. Its how he wins more often than not. Dear lord.....lol.

Rao Kal El
^Now tell me, is that a high end or even a good showing considering what he does routinely......no. Next.

No, I agree with you that He has better feats than that, but it often involves prep time, his belt and the plot helping him.

JakeTheBank

Routinely, Batman has access to his utility belt and/or prep-time of some sorts and is familiar with the territory and enemies he's fighting.

Which isn't the same as being surrounded by 30 gorillas in the middle of some random jungle unarmed.

namorsubby
Originally posted by DTM
But thats just it, in this situation, there is no other alternative.

This match is actually so one sided against Batman, its almost a spite thread. Please explain how it would be impossible for bruce to use tactics just like any other time in this match. Oh wait, its perfectly possible and exactly what would happen. Next.

It really is....in bruces favor.

JakeTheBank
lol omg, YES. Yes tactics do mean sonething, everything actually. Its how he wins more often than not. Dear lord.....lol.

They mean a lot when you have the means to execute them, usually in the form of a pre-planned strategy of sorts or a utility belt. Without them in unfamiliar territory, surrounded by vicious animals that want to kill you, tactics are far less important than immediate survival.

I mean, what exactly do you see Batman doing here? Tricking them into killing each other? Forcing them to monologue, revealing their sinister evil ape plan?

DTM
Please explain how it would be impossible for bruce to use tactics just like any other time in this match. Oh wait, its perfectly possible and exactly what would happen. Next.

Please explain to me how Batman uses tactics to escape these bloodlusted apes, all in their terrain, all surrounding him, and turns the tide on them? You explain it to me, just how does he do it?

Rao Kal El
If He can escape the circle in which He is surrounded by 30 Bloodlusted silver backs, he has a chance at hiding and using the jungle at his advantage. I can totally see this.

The problem is escaping the circle. That is what I can't see.

namorsubby
Routinely, Batman has access to his utility belt and/or prep-time of some sorts and is familiar with the territory and enemies he's fighting.

Which isn't the same as being surrounded by 30 gorillas in the middle of some random jungle unarmed. you are severely underestimating bruces tactical skill and overestimating mindless apes. The gap between reality and what bruce does in comics is far greater than you think.

namorsubby
They mean a lot when you have the means to execute them, usually in the form of a pre-planned strategy of sorts or a utility belt. Without them in unfamiliar territory, surrounded by vicious animals that want to kill you, tactics are far less important than immediate survival.

I mean, what exactly do you see Batman doing here? Tricking them into killing each other? Forcing them to monologue, revealing their sinister evil ape plan? I see him outsmarting a bunch of damn apes into their demise or capture. Thats what I see.lol

DTM
OK, How? Tell me what exactly you see Batman doing to win here.

This match has almost nothing to do with tactics, yet thats the sole reason you keep saying Batman Wins.

JakeTheBank
you are severely underestimating bruces tactical skill and overestimating mindless apes. The gap between reality and what bruce does in comics is far greater than you think.

I'm not underestimating his tactical skill. Rather, it's acknowledging that his tactical skill really comes into play when he has the equipment to help him and/or a plan ahead of time. Yes, Bruce can and has think on the fly, but in this case, any plan he comes up with will be pretty straight forward:

Survive.

The problem with that is actually following through with the plan, which isn't nearly as easy as you think it is.

namorsubby
Originally posted by DTM
Please explain to me how Batman uses tactics to escape these bloodlusted apes, all in their terrain, all surrounding him, and turns the tide on them? You explain it to me, just how does he do it? Heres the thing. Hes already proven much faster/agile/coordinated than mere apes. He escapes them. lures them into a place he can deal with them at once like a cliff, tavern, etc and he knocks off the few that reach reach him along the way. Simple.

DTM
If He can escape the circle in which He is surrounded by 30 Bloodlusted silver backs, he has a chance at hiding and using the jungle at his advantage. I can totally see this.

The problem is escaping the circle. That is what I can't see.

Even then, this is the apes terrain, theyll climb to anywhere Batman is faster than he himself can climb, and their senses would allow them to track him as well. Hed have to have a 30 minute head start here, and thats not how this scenario is, hes in the middle of a horde of apes, all physically superior to him, and they want him dead. Batman has virtually no chance here.

DTM
Heres the thing. Hes already proven much faster/agile/coordinated than mere apes. He escapes them. lures them into a place he can deal with them at once like a cliff, tavern, etc and he knocks off the few that reach reach him along the way. Simple.

So he not only escapes being surrounded by animals as fast and agile as he is, who are expert at moving around in this terrain, but he lures them to some miraculous pit, and manages to make them all fall inside? Well, with such a probable situation like that, how could I ever think Batman wouldnt take this.........yeah..................

namorsubby
Originally posted by DTM
OK, How? Tell me what exactly you see Batman doing to win here.

This match has almost nothing to do with tactics, yet thats the sole reason you keep saying Batman Wins. it has everything to do with tactics. The fact that you assume tactics cant be used w/o his standard equipment is downright ridiculous.

Stoic
Please explain how it would be impossible for bruce to use tactics just like any other time in this match. Oh wait, its perfectly possible and exactly what would happen. Next.

Unless Batman has gotten an adamantium skeleton, and healing factor, I don't see how this works out in his favor. I mean sure he's great at tactics, but this scenario leaves little room for error. Remember the OP. No PIS in this situation.

DTM
No more ridiculous than you supporting Batman winning here with such insane scenarios. Thankfully you seem to be in the minority of such thinking here.

namorsubby
Originally posted by DTM
So he not only escapes being surrounded by animals as fast and agile as he is, who are expert at moving around in this terrain, but he lures them to some miraculous pit, and manages to make them all fall inside? Well, with such a probable situation like that, how could I ever think Batman wouldnt take this.........yeah.................. lol you make it seem like this isnt exactly what would happen in a comic. Instead they would have batman killed by a bunch of damn gorillas. Straight up stupid of you.lol

namorsubby
Originally posted by DTM
No more ridiculous than you supporting Batman winning here with such insane scenarios. Thankfully you seem to be in the minority of such thinking here. Bandwagon syndrome. Any non-idiot would realize that this is a walk in the park compared to his greatest challenges.lol

DTM
lol you make it seem like this isnt exactly what would happen in a comic. Instead they would have batman killed by a bunch of damn gorillas. Straight up stupid of you.lol

Yep, Im definately the stupid one here......stupid for thinking I could have a rational, unbiased, and intelligent debate on this match with the likes of you.

quanchi is to Thanos

carver is to Hulk

namorsubby is to Batman

Got to remember that for future debate threads, I think.

Stoic
lol you make it seem like this isnt exactly what would happen in a comic. Instead they would have batman killed by a bunch of damn gorillas. Straight up stupid of you.lol

batman is a human man without any powers. Last time I checked, a Silverback Gorilla is several orders of magnitude stronger and faster than a man. In terms of burst speeds they would be on him faster than he could dodge. His cape would also be a hindrance to him which would allow for them to grab him, pull him down and gang stomp the shit out of him. For crying out loud man, Conan would lose to this many Gorillas, and he overpowered one in one on one combat, and broke it's neck. Batman is not as hardy as Conan.

First of all the less superior Gorillas would be pelting turd at him from all angles, and the more dominant alphas would close in for the kill. That's without PIS. Also please refrain from insulting me. It's not that serious dude. You know?

namorsubby
So what you all are saying is that if 30 regular, "real life" gorrillas went against bruce in a comic, they would have him lose because he isnt smart enough to do away with wild animals like real life humans do other than beating them all down physically? Lol ok I'm done.

DTM
Thank God for that. smile

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by DTM
As often happens, I agree with Rao quite handily.

thumb up

That is because I am your sock account stick out tongue

namorsubby
Yes, Bruce would just fight them all one on 30 physically and be mauled. He wouldn't try to escape(which he could), he wouldn't strategize w/o prep beforehand(because he apparently is incapable of that), and he isn't smart enough to figure out how to incapacitate/capture 30 animals with a whole jungle presumably full of caves, cliffs, etc at his disposal. 2 cowboys can herd who knows how much wild cattle into a pen, but no, the most superhuman human in dcu can't pull this off. Its way more than hes dealt with.

Stoic
Yes, Bruce would just fight them all one on 30 physically and be mauled. He wouldn't try to escape(which he could), he wouldn't strategize w/o prep beforehand(because he apparently is incapable of that), and he isn't smart enough to figure out how to incapacitate/capture 30 animals with a whole jungle presumably full of caves, cliffs, etc at his disposal. 2 cowboys can herd who knows how much wild cattle into a pen, but no, the most superhuman human in dcu can't pull this off. Its way more than hes dealt with.

The OP says that Bruce is in the middle of 30 Gorillas. Strength dictates speed.. a gorillas burst speeds are far greater than a humans. There is a greater chance that they would grab him than it would be for him to simply evade them all. If however he were able to escape and go into a cave they would cease the pursuit. Gorillas are territorial not evil by nature. If he went at them like they were a finely tuned group of ninja's he would be destroyed though.

Sixth_Winged
So what you all are saying is that if 30 regular, "real life" gorrillas went against bruce in a comic, they would have him lose because he isnt smart enough to do away with wild animals like real life humans do other than beating them all down physically? Lol ok I'm done.

Can you please give an example of rl human who has outsmarted and survived being surrounded by Gorillas in a circle out to kill him/her.

Heck they don't even have to do it bare handed if you can cite one.

Oliver North
2 cowboys can herd who knows how much wild cattle into a pen, but no, the most superhuman human in dcu can't pull this off. Its way more than hes dealt with.

oh my...

Perceiver1
The OP says that Bruce is in the middle of 30 Gorillas. Strength dictates speed.. a gorillas burst speeds are far greater than a humans. There is a greater chance that they would grab him than it would be for him to simply evade them all. If however he were able to escape and go into a cave they would cease the pursuit. Gorillas are territorial not evil by nature. If he went at them like they were a finely tuned group of ninja's he would be destroyed though.

Yeah, but of course we know he wouldn't make it to a cave. Tactics only matter if you have the distance and the time to employ them. If we give him time or distance he has a chance . If we just throw him into a circle of gorillas intent on killing him with no equipment, he's dead. It's pretty much common sense. a gorilla can easily kill a man with one swipe.

What are Wayne's choices? He can't go anywhere on the ground he's surrounded. He can't go up because the Gorillas climb faster than he does and there are thirty of them. Literally his only option is an exercise of knowledge of animal Psychology that he can pull off in 10 seconds, and I don't think you can find a primatologist on Earth that would confidently state that he knows he could get out of that situation. And those are people who ONLY do that, Bats is a polymath and this isn't even his specialty. Furthermore Gorillas are extremely individual, they aren't as pack minded as certain other animals, so you would have to convince each one to desist; within 10 seconds.

Now if you give Bats his utility belt back the gorillas will literally be helpless, it wouldn't even be a match. That huge difference is why I think Namor's claims don't mean much until he puts up some feats of Batman's without his utility belt..

Raptor22
http://img508.imageshack.us/my.php?image=asdfuv2.jpg

Not really sure how to post links but I found this in Batman's respect thread and thought it might be relevant. I'm not sure of the context but it appears that Batman took out a bunch of cyberneticaly enhanced gorillas with nerve strikes.

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by Raptor22
http://img508.imageshack.us/my.php?image=asdfuv2.jpg

Not really sure how to post links but I found this in Batman's respect thread and thought it might be relevant. I'm not sure of the context but it appears that Batman took out a bunch of cyberneticaly enhanced gorillas with nerve strikes. well he MAY be able to last a while an take out a few, but 30 bloodlust silverback gorillas I don't think he's winning this at all

cdtm
What street could clear this,if not Bats?

Needless to say, Danny and Val Armorr don't count. stick out tongue

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>