WWH vs Helspont

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Fight takes place in an indestructible dome. No bfring.

Who wins?

-Pr-
Helspont.

SevenShackles
Helspont came across as rather impressive handling superman the way he did. I'd give him the win.

TheHulk
Well he had great showings but still due to WWH being here a lot longer I say he wins...but don't take my opinion that seriously cuz like Seven said Hels was very impressive but lol not enough for me.

abhilegend
Helspont.

helspont would wtfpawn green scar

Stoic
Originally posted by 753
helspont would wtfpawn green scar

Based on what?

his power levels

JakeTheBank
I can get on board with Helspont winning. But I doubt he'd easily make work of Green Scar.

yeah yeah hulk can put up a fight, wouldnt matter

ozz81
helspont. h2H probably hulk

Stoic
Originally posted by 753
his power levels

What did he do to warrant this reaction? His attacks on Superman were exploitative, and Superman is not the Hulk, what would work on one may not work on the other. Helspont incapacitated Superman, by slapping him into the Moon. This would not put down WW Hulk by any stretch. Black Bolt (Skrull) decimated a large portion of Moon that the Hulk happened to be standing at, and it did nothing. Bruce told him that he didn't come there to hear him whisper, but to hear him scream. Then he pummeled the mess out of him.

curryman
Originally posted by Stoic
What did he do to warrant this reaction? His attacks on Superman were exploitative, and Superman is not the Hulk, what would work on one may not work on the other. Helspont incapacitated Superman, by slapping him into the Moon. This would not put down WW Hulk by any stretch. Black Bolt (Skrull) decimated a large portion of Moon that the Hulk happened to be standing at, and it did nothing. Bruce told him that he didn't come there to hear him whisper, but to hear him scream. Then he pummeled the mess out of him.

Post like these are why people normally put Hulk-fans in the trash and Superman-fans on the mantle.

carver9
Originally posted by curryman
Post like these are why people normally put Hulk-fans in the trash and Superman-fans on the mantle.

Is that why you dislike the Hulk?

Stoic

Because of my opinion, don't be grimy. Say what your going to say about the topic or remain still.

JakeTheBank
Tbf to Stoic, that post wasn't a 'HULK SMASH, HULK STRONGEST ONE THERE IS' fanboyish rant. His initial point is valid; Superman's showing against Helspont doesn't automatically mean the same would happen to Hulk as they have two very different power sets and Hulk especially has accelerated healing and amping qualities.

curryman
Because of my opinion, don't be grimy. Say what your going to say about the topic or remain still.

Oh no I'm being commanded.

It's not because of your opinion, it's because of this;

Helspont incapacitated Superman, by slapping him into the Moon. This would not put down WW Hulk by any stretch. Black Bolt (Skrull) decimated a large portion of Moon that the Hulk happened to be standing at, and it did nothing.

You imply that collateral damage determines how strong an attack was.

Bruce told him that he didn't come there to hear him whisper, but to hear him scream. Then he pummeled the mess out of him.

And idiocy like this.

It also an off-panel fight...

Stoic
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Tbf to Stoic, that post wasn't a 'HULK SMASH, HULK STRONGEST ONE THERE IS' fanboyish rant. His initial point is valid; Superman's showing against Helspont doesn't automatically mean the same would happen to Hulk as they have two very different power sets and Hulk especially has accelerated healing and amping qualities.

Boom. Hello.

Stoic
Oh no I'm being commanded.

It's not because of your opinion, it's because of this;

You imply that collateral damage determines how strong an attack was.

And idiocy like this.

It also an off-panel fight...

Are you bashing? Go away or say what you have to say about the topic.

As in remain on topic. can you do that?

What did he do to warrant this reaction? His attacks on Superman were exploitative, and Superman is not the Hulk, what would work on one may not work on the other. Helspont incapacitated Superman, by slapping him into the Moon. This would not put down WW Hulk by any stretch. Black Bolt (Skrull) decimated a large portion of Moon that the Hulk happened to be standing at, and it did nothing. Bruce told him that he didn't come there to hear him whisper, but to hear him scream. Then he pummeled the mess out of him. this is absurd. he was clearly more powerful than SM and the collateral damage done by that skrull doesn't mean his blasts were actually more pwoerful than the blow that koed superman. green scar doesnt have a significant damage soak edge on SM to warrant that claim. he is also much slower.

Stoic
Originally posted by 753
this is absurd. he was clearly more powerful than SM and the collateral damage done by that skrull doesn't mean his blasts were actually more pwoerful than the blow that koed superman. green scar doesnt have a significant damage soak edge on SM to warrant that claim. he is also much slower.

Why shouldn't it? Is DC's Moon made of sterner stuff than Marvel's? It was a clear testament of the Hulk's ability to tank huge destructive force. Helspont does not have enough appearances to place him on such a high precipice, and yet this is what you are doing, as well as curryman. Now that's absurd. Superman was also at a point that his powers were not yet peaking. This is according to time frame and canonical text.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by 753
this is absurd. he was clearly more powerful than SM and the collateral damage done by that skrull doesn't mean his blasts were actually more pwoerful than the blow that koed superman. green scar doesnt have a significant damage soak edge on SM to warrant that claim. he is also much slower.

Green Scar doesn't have a significant damage soak edge on Superman? His base durability is pretty good as is his healing factor, both of which increase with rage.

Superman's durability is pretty impressive, but Hulk's own durability + his healing factor (which can be pretty ridiculous) makes him more than competitive in terms of who can take the most damage before dropping against Superman.

Stoic
Green Scar doesn't have a significant damage soak edge on Superman? His base durability is pretty good as is his healing factor, both of which increase with rage.

Superman's durability is pretty impressive, but Hulk's own durability + his healing factor (which can be pretty ridiculous) makes him more than competitive in terms of who can take the most damage before dropping against Superman.

thumb up

Why shouldn't it? Is DC's Moon made of sterner stuff than Marvel's? It was a clear testament of the Hulk's ability to tank huge destructive force. Helspont does not have enough appearances to place him on such a high precipice, and yet this is what you are doing, as well as curryman. Now that's absurd. Superman was also at a point that his powers were not yet peaking. This is according to time frame and canonical text. I dont understand what is not to get. the blow that SM took hit him directly, why should there be collateral damage? in terms of high herald power, the crater blast opened by the skrull wasnt a big deal either. of course, we know bb's voice is very powerful, but that wasnt even the real bb. im not downplaying the feat, but we cant know that the blast was more powerful than helspont's backhand. specially considering direct hit focused on a smaller area.

Superman's durability is pretty impressive, but Hulk's own durability + his healing factor (which can be pretty ridiculous) makes him more than competitive in terms of who can take the most damage before dropping against Superman. let's settle this: if green scar's damage soak is 100, what is superman's?

Diesldude
Originally posted by 753
I dont understand what is not to get. the blow that SM took hit him directly, why should there be collateral damage? in terms of high herald power, the crater blast opened by the skrull wasnt a big deal either. of course, we know bb's voice is very powerful, but that wasnt even the real bb. im not downplaying the feat, but we cant know that the blast was more powerful than helspont's backhand. specially considering direct hit focused on a smaller area.

Yeah that blow by helspont > than the fake black bolts scream.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by 753
let's settle this: if green scar's damage soak is 100, what is superman's?

Superman's I'd rank anywhere from 120-150. But unlike Hulk, he doesn't have a potent healing factor that increases in effectiveness due to increased levels of anger/emotional duress, which is my main point.

Even if Superman is more durable than Hulk - and he usually is by most accounts - Hulk makes up for it with his own durability and healing factor, both of which increase due to Hulk's anger.

Stoic
Originally posted by 753
I dont understand what is not to get. the blow that SM took hit him directly, why should there be collateral damage? in terms of high herald power, the crater blast opened by the skrull wasnt a big deal either. of course, we know bb's voice is very powerful, but that wasnt even the real bb. im not downplaying the feat, but we cant know that the blast was more powerful than helspont's backhand. specially considering direct hit focused on a smaller area.

C'mon now. I'm giving you that look. You know the one?

Superman's I'd rank anywhere from 120-150. But unlike Hulk, he doesn't have a potent healing factor that increases in effectiveness due to increased levels of anger/emotional duress, which is my main point.

Even if Superman is more durable than Hulk - and he usually is by most accounts - Hulk makes up for it with his own durability and healing factor, both of which increase due to Hulk's anger. yeah Im talking damage soak which factors in durabilty and healing factor. how is sm compared to wwhulk?

C'mon now. I'm giving you that look. You know the one? is it this one?

http://www.reactionimage.org/img/gallery/7154536228.jpg

Stoic
Originally posted by 753
is it this one?

http://www.reactionimage.org/img/gallery/7154536228.jpg

I don't understand what you are basing your theories on? The blast that took out that chunk of Moon was clearly meant to be indicative of the Hulk damage soak. And to be frank, it was greater than what it took from Helspont to put Superman out. What you aren't getting is that Superman was being depicted as being quite weak at that point, and only after his bench press feat did his character begin to grow in power. I mean look at that Psycho Predator Ninja creature, and what it did to Big Blue at that point in time? The Green Scar would have AOE'd that slug to KO in no time.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by 753
yeah Im talking damage soak which factors in durabilty and healing factor. how is sm compared to wwhulk?

The gap between New 52 Superman (the guy who got taken out by Helspont) and Green Scar is very minimal with durability, stamina, and healing factors all taken into account. And that gap is likely to widen and actually turn in favor for Hulk the longer the fight goes on.

Stoic
Originally posted by 753
yeah Im talking damage soak which factors in durabilty and healing factor. how is sm compared to wwhulk?

WW Hulk's damage soak rises with his dynamic strength. All of his stats do, and he can go from base to the end of WW Hulk's saga power levels in a blink of the eye, which was clearly depicted on panel. Helspont simply does not have enough in terms of feats to win this. Now in the future if he does something of note, I will gladly change my stance, because truth is truth. For now WW Hulk wins this, based on feats.

The gap between New 52 Superman (the guy who got taken out by Helspont) and Green Scar is very minimal with durability, stamina, and healing factors all taken into account. And that gap is likely to widen and actually turn in favor for Hulk the longer the fight goes on. so green scar doesnt have a signficant damage soak advantage over superman. at least, not given GS's average, which is where he starts off. since both got hit by the respective attacks being discussed at the get-go, hulk's amping wouldnt be a factor in comparing those attacks

I don't understand what you are basing your theories on? The blast that took out that chunk of Moon was clearly meant to be indicative of the Hulk damage soak. And to be frank, it was greater than what it took from Helspont to put Superman out. What you aren't getting is that Superman was being depicted as being quite weak at that point, and only after his bench press feat did his character begin to grow in power. I mean look at that Psycho Predator Ninja creature, and what it did to Big Blue at that point in time? The Green Scar would have AOE'd that slug to KO in no time. it did indicate hulk's damage soak, but we dont know that it was stronger than the blow that oneshot koed SM. I dont think he was that weak :shrug:

Rage.Of.Olympus
Green Scar withstood a brutal beating from Zeus even with his magic messing up the healing factor. I don't think it's even debatable who has the greater damage soak.

Hulk smash.

carver9
Originally posted by 753

You'd be hard pressed at proving H'el is as strong let alone stronger than WWH. You'll also be hard pressed at proving this Superman can withstand what WWH withstood. Hard pressed buddy.

Originally posted by carver9
You'd be hard pressed at proving H'el is as strong let alone stronger than WWH. You'll also be hard pressed at proving this Superman can withstand what WWH withstood. Hard pressed buddy. I dont think this is true, though we were debating helspont, not he'l.

WWH has high herald strengh and damage soak. my opinion of he'l is that he is a class above across the board. solidly trans.

carver9
Originally posted by Diesldude
Yeah that blow by helspont > than the fake black bolts scream.

Not based on fts. This version of Black Bolt screamed and ripped through time/space. Nothing H'el did surpasses this.

Rage.Of.Olympus
World War Hulk was above High Herald in damage soak. He walked around at High Herald strength. He only went up from there.

Damborgson
Yeah, but the attack he landed on WWH wasn't at that level.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Helspont is pretty tough.

He could repeat what he did to Superman against Hulk (Initially). I just think instead of a floating corpse, the next page would have Hulk dropping the moon on Helspont's face. I'm not even joking, Pak made an in-continuity rating scale that had Hulk's internal organs as tougher than 100 Hercules or some ridiculous shit.

carver9
Originally posted by 753
I dont think this is true, though we were debating helspont, not he'l.

WWH has high herald strengh and damage soak. my opinion of he'l is that he is a class above across the board. solidly trans.

Why does WWH have High Herald strength? This is the same person that koed Loeb Rulk with a thunderclap, an amped Rulk. I'm not going to go through a listing of his fts but he has proven he can get above the high Herald tier of strength when needed. Lol at WWH only have high Herald durability.

-Pr-
Why does WWH have High Herald strength? This is the same person that koed Loeb Rulk with a thunderclap, an amped Rulk. I'm not going to go through a listing of his fts but he has proven he can get above the high Herald tier of strength when needed. Lol at WWH only have high Herald durability.

Do you intentionally ignore the rules, or what?

Why does WWH have High Herald strength? This is the same person that koed Loeb Rulk with a thunderclap, an amped Rulk. I'm not going to go through a listing of his fts but he has proven he can get above the high Herald tier of strength when needed. Lol at WWH only have high Herald durability. wwh is the guy from the wwh story arc. hulk kept stepping up his game afterward as shown by him beating rulk in that rematch. moreover, he tanked a heavy beating from rulk and was extra pissed off.

abhilegend
Not based on fts. This version of Black Bolt screamed and ripped through time/space. Nothing H'el did surpasses this.
His scream didn't even KO xavier and namor.

well it was being siphoned. regardless. bb didnt even scream at wwh. a skrull did.

Damborgson
Originally posted by abhilegend
His scream didn't even KO xavier and namor.

Are you just referring to his voice as a scream? Because he spoke at them, he didn't scream.

He whispered at Hulk and sent him flying.

Stoic
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Helspont is pretty tough.

He could repeat what he did to Superman against Hulk (Initially). I just think instead of a floating corpse, the next page would have Hulk dropping the moon on Helspont's face. I'm not even joking, Pak made an in-continuity rating scale that had Hulk's internal organs as tougher than 100 Hercules or some ridiculous shit.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Damborgson
Are you just referring to his voice as a scream? Because he spoke at them, he didn't scream.

He whispered at Hulk and sent him flying.
Pretty sure he was screaming at them.

Damborgson
Originally posted by abhilegend
Pretty sure he was screaming at them.

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/PD1111Illuminati031_zps36156d88.jpg

psycho gundam
iirc even a syllable should set off the quasi-sonic electron interaction. that whole thought would be told to dead people

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by psycho gundam
iirc even a syllable should set off the quasi-sonic electron interaction. that whole thought would be told to dead people

thumb up

maybe the skrull didnt share black bolts limitation and could choose to speak without activating his power

BruceSkywalker
WWH ftw.. thunderclap=Helspot flying into the dome=Helspot bouncing off dome=coming into WWH's fist..

winner WWH

carver9
Lol @ ABHI using that scene as evidence when nothing during that scan showed an attack happening. Hahahaha...

psycho gundam
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/PD1111Illuminati031_zps36156d88.jpg the rest:

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/blackboltskrull1.jpg http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/blackboltskrull2.jpg

Damborgson
thumb up

They should have all died. A whisper probably would've been too much for any of them.

Golgo13
I can see this going either way, but I think Helspont has a lot more power. One of his acolytes owned Martian Manhunter for example.

-Pr-
Remind me again, how he was able to talk without incinerating them? Was it because he was a Skrull and had more control?

well... that's really neither here nor there.

Damborgson
Bendis wrote the issue.

psycho gundam
the skrull spoke again at the end there, don't remember if he blew them up again but if not, looks like there is a some control involved. or PIS
Bendis

Damborgson
He wanted them dead though. I'd say it's PIS.

Seriously, phuck Bendis thumb up

-Pr-
Bendis wrote the issue.

Oh. Forget I asked.

Stoic
Originally posted by -Pr-
Oh. Forget I asked.

It would be nice to see John Byrne come back to Marvel, he would reset a lot of the stuff that many writers just don't seem to care about. Continuity is one of those things.

I don't mean his She-Hulk books, those were garbage, I mean his work on the Avengers and FF.

TheHulk
So....the arguements is based On BB whisper to Hulk vs Hels Punch to Supes?

abhilegend
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/PD1111Illuminati031_zps36156d88.jpg
I was talking about this.
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/15665068_Illuminati05a.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
Who cares? Pak wrote him as the equivalent of the real Black Bolt and that was represented in his power. His voice destroyed a piece of the moon the size of Rhode Island trying to stop the Hulk, and he got beat up anyways.

TheHulk
Who cares? Pak wrote him as the equivalent of the real Black Bolt and that was represented in his power. His voice destroyed a piece of the moon the size of Rhode Island trying to stop the Hulk, and he got beat up anyways. True...perhaps sometimes a skrull can have slightly more power...their is evidence actually.

curryman
Who cares? Pak wrote him as the equivalent of the real Black Bolt and that was represented in his power. His voice destroyed a piece of the moon the size of Rhode Island trying to stop the Hulk, and he got beat up anyways.

What makes you say that?

His whisper did nothing.

His scream almost took out Namor.

Part of the moon was broken in his fight against the Hulk.

TheHulk
His scream almost took out Namor. WWH Could beat Namor in a few secs :l

Part of the moon was broken in his fight against the Hulk. Lol No shit wink

curryman
Originally posted by TheHulk
WWH Could beat Namor in a few secs :l

Are you mentally retarded?

TheHulk
Are you mentally retarded? I would give out my reason/argument but you would just dismiss it like you do to things concerning the Hulk wink

curryman
I would give out my reason/argument but you would just dismiss it like you do to things concerning the Hulk wink

I'm just asking because I responded to a post with someone saying that Skrull Bolt was equal to the real Bolt. To which I replied to that Skrull Bolt's scream didn't take out Namor.

To this post, in your infinite wisdom, you saw it fit to reply that WWH would beat Namor in seconds.

TheHulk
I'm just asking because I responded to a post with someone saying that Skrull Bolt was equal to the real Bolt. To which I replied to that Skrull Bolt's scream didn't take out Namor.

To this post, in your infinite wisdom, you saw it fit to reply that WWH would beat Namor in seconds. Well there was always up and downs on Characters potrayel so yea let's not reall bother about the BB Skrull.

Okay fine I'll give you the privilege on having a argument with me....the clueless Hulk Fanboy big grin

curryman
Well there was always up and downs on Characters potrayel so yea let's not reall bother about the BB Skrull.

Okay fine I'll give you the privilege on having a argument with me....the clueless Hulk Fanboy big grin

You're replying but you're not responding to what I'm writing.

I'm responded to a post in regards to Skrull Bolt's level.

You, in your reply, compared WWH and Namor.

Why?

It's not relevant to what I was talking about.

It makes Skrull Bolt look even weaker by comparison.

TheHulk
You're replying but you're not responding to what I'm writing.

I'm responded to a post in regards to Skrull Bolt's level.

You, in your reply, compared WWH and Namor.

Why?

It's not relevant to what I was talking about.

It makes Skrull Bolt look even weaker by comparison. Ummm I'm really not interested or am I reading that post correct cause what I'm trying to say originally was that regardless of everything WWH would beat Namor almost easily....

curryman
Ummm I'm really not interested or am I reading that post correct cause what I'm trying to say originally was that regardless of everything WWH would beat Namor almost easily....

Obviously.

How is it relevant?

Do you understand English?

TheHulk
Obviously.

How is it relevant?

Do you understand English? Like I said I was not reading your post throughout rather reading And skipping bits of it despite it being so small.....look either I understand what your saying.

curryman
Like I said I was not reading your post throughout rather reading And skipping bits of it despite it being so small.....look either I understand what your saying.

Okay.

Please read posts that are 3 lines long before responding to them.

Obviously that should be the very basis for having a discussion on a message forum.

TheHulk
Okay.

Please read posts that are 3 lines long before responding to them.

Obviously that should be the very basis for having a discussion on a message forum. laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.