Alex Mercer Vs Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LeonBuco666
Both bloodlusted, fight takes place in new york
Scenario 1 ; mercer can consume after an hour of battling
Scenario 2 ; mercer cannot consume at all, and must fight wolverine to win & vice versa

TheHulk
Mercer wins both...

pym-ftw
Mercer with ease

Shabazz916
Wolverine chops him into pieces

TheHulk
Originally posted by Shabazz916
Wolverine chops him into pieces Mercer has a healing factor...possibly better than Wolvy and Believe it nor not Hulks who's healing factor is legendary...

bluewaterrider
Gotta ask one thing, especially since Prototype seems so obviously based on Species and Resident Evil ...

Besides having a healing factor, Wolverine ALSO supposedly has an immune system that can defeat just about any germ or virus.

I don't know if this happened in the comics, but, in one instance of the X-Men show, usually based on storylines previously featured in the comics, Cable was actually able to defeat a bioweapon plague Apocalypse was trying to use to destroy the population by deliberately infecting Wolverine with that virus.

Wolverine's system almost immediately defeated that virus, and, by essentially giving people small transfusions of Wolverine's blood (and/or eventually making and mass-producing serums from it?) Cable, was able to eventually vaccinate however many people the story required him to.

Point is though, even genetically engineered viruses can be defeated by Wolverine's natural immunity to disease. His blood is essentially a cure all for most any type of infection, no matter how specialized.
At the least, it's been depicted as such, most memorably for me in that particular show, though I'm fairly certain other comicbook storylines must have featured that theme.

I mention all this because I read that Alex Mercer is not "really" Alex Mercer at all. He is not a living person, he is essentially a biomass of ... virus particles. In that X-Men show, Wolverine's recovery was almost instant. Think it took like 30 seconds for his body to absorb and destroy all the infection even though he got slammed and splashed by enough of the virus to fully immerse 1 or 2 grown men in the liquid.

You should be able to see where I'm going with this? Especially if you've watched Species II. There, sample of a man's blood can defeat the Species organism entire, and, in fact DOES so.

Would not Wolverine's blood, full of all that virus-destroying healing factor, have the same effect on Alex Mercer?
It would essentially be a re-run of Species II, unless I'm missing some important difference between these 2 cases ...

Shabazz916
Originally posted by TheHulk
Mercer has a healing factor...possibly better than Wolvy and Believe it nor not Hulks who's healing factor is legendary...

He may but can he heal from pieces ??? After wolverine slices thru him with ease

Estacado
Mercer 10/10 he is a legit class 100 he can take anyithing logan has to offer....

TheHulk
Originally posted by Estacado
Mercer 10/10 he is a legit class 100 he can take anyithing logan has to offer.... Lol video game wise no but comic...lol what strength fts does he have?

Shabazz916
Originally posted by Estacado
Mercer 10/10 he is a legit class 100 he can take anyithing logan has to offer....

Idk if class 100 means anything to logan he has fault hulk.

If mercer isnt thick enough to withstand a hard slice he is going to get slice to pieces easy It dnt matter wats his level if strength

LeonBuco666
He may but can he heal from pieces ??? After wolverine slices thru him with ease he healed from a pool of blood after being destroyed by a nuclear bomb, no matter what u do, even if a splash of blood came in contact with a bird so to say, he can heal in a matter of seconds or minutes

Shabazz916
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
he healed from a pool of blood after being destroyed by a nuclear bomb, no matter what u do, even if a splash of blood came in contact with a bird so to say, he can heal in a matter of seconds or minutes

If thats the case wen he is in a pool of blood wolverine can cut himself n put sum of his blood on him n wolverine wins

LeonBuco666
If thats the case wen he is in a pool of blood wolverine can cut himself n put sum of his blood on him n wolverine wins wow, ur amazing, I never thought of that...wolverine is going to cut him into a pool of blood, it take LITERALLY seconds for him to regen from anything, bulluts bounce of him, and the blades and weapons he makes with his body are bio metal, its stated somewere its the strongest form of metal known to man so basically mercers version of admantium

TheHulk
Why has this been moved to the foreign cinema or all versus forum? Alex Mercer has his own comic thus also making him a comic character...so he has every right to be in the comic versus.

Shabazz916
Wolverine is the real deal he will put mercer down

KingD19
He was in a game first. The comic came later. So his first medium is video game.

But yeah, Wolverine goes down in a forum fight. Mercer takes 10/10 easily. There's literally nothing Logan can do to win.

Badabing
Originally posted by TheHulk
Why has this been moved to the foreign cinema or all versus forum? Alex Mercer has his own comic thus also making him a comic character...so he has every right to be in the comic versus. Because he's best known for the game. People should take the time to read the CB Vs Forum rules before making threads or posting complaints.Originally posted by Digi
Rules for the matches themselves:

Keep them comic related.

- If there is another forum for discussing the characters, they are banned. This includes game characters, anime/manga, and Star Wars.

- Beyond that, if a character has a regular comic series and is not overwhelmingly viewed in a different medium, they will be allowed. The "primarily viewed in a comic medium" rule is not always in affect, but will be a guideline for moderator discretion.

Be glad that I moved the thread instead closing.

TheHulk
Originally posted by Badabing
Because he's best known for the game. People should take the time to read the CB Vs Forum rules before making threads or posting complaints. Be glad that I moved the thread instead closing. I was not complaining...I was just...saying but okay rules are rules...

Nephthys
Originally posted by KingD19
Mercer takes 10/10 easily. There's literally nothing Logan can do to win.

Yeah, pretty much. Even if Mercer can't absorb him he can still manhandle him, maybe walk around with him inside like a meat suit.

I forget, can Logan suffocate?

KingD19
Yes. Currently it's a plausible way of beating him.

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by Badabing
Because he's best known for the game. People should take the time to read the CB Vs Forum rules before making threads or posting complaints. Be glad that I moved the thread instead closing. sorry i thought he was able to be put in the comic forum as he had his own comic under dc but rules are rules

SevenShackles
Wolverine would put up a good fight but Alex has a insane healing factor/recovery, strength and the different methods he can use to attack all give him an edge. hell it can even be argued he could absorb Logan and leave his metal mass of bones behind.
I don't remember logans blood being used to heal any virus in comic so I'm not going to give it any merit until scans are shown. The show is a non factor to me.

LeonBuco666
They should give him a place in the comic book forum he's a force to be reckoned with imo

KingD19
Dude. No, lol. He's been in 2 video games as the main protagonist of the 1st, and the main antagonist of the second. He only had a comic mini-series that ran for what, 6 issues? He's not a comic book character. He's a video game character with a comic book tie in. That's just how it works.

TheHulk
Dude. No, lol. He's been in 2 video games as the main protagonist of the 1st, and the main antagonist of the second. He only had a comic mini-series that ran for what, 6 issues? He's not a comic book character. He's a video game character with a comic book tie in. That's just how it works. This is the answer Leon.

LeonBuco666
Maybe in the future if they give him a real comic series I myself would most definately read them

TheHulk
Maybe in the future if they give him a real comic series I myself would most definately read them Lol me too,hey I'm a huge fan of Prototype too actually...

LeonBuco666
Its got a great story imo through both games and the mini series, with mercer at the beginning of it trying to help mankind, then feeling in the comics asif humankind takes life for granted an then deems them not worthy off living an then becoming this personifacation of evil in the second, alex mercer is a bad ass, a great fight also would be alex vs ghost rider

TheHulk
Lol till now I'm pissed that Heller absorbed him >sad

KingD19
He let Heller do that so he could evolve to be on the same level. That's why he says "welcome to god hood"or something like that at the end.

SevenShackles
I honestly hope if a prototype three is made Alex will either regain some sort of humanity after being absorbed and becoming the dominate personality phasing Heller out. If not that then have both of them in a tug of war over the body.. Perhaps some sort of good/bad meter like in infamous that will dictate who is in full control and who you control at the end when they finally split like reproducing cells and try to kill each other again.. Damn I miss Alex.

TheHulk
Originally posted by SevenShackles
I honestly hope if a prototype three is made Alex will either regain some sort of humanity after being absorbed and becoming the dominate personality phasing Heller out. If not that then have both of them in a tug of war over the body.. Perhaps some sort of good/bad meter like in infamous that will dictate who is in full control and who you control at the end when they finally split like reproducing cells and try to kill each other again.. Damn I miss Alex. Lol this

TheHulk
He let Heller do that so he could evolve to be on the same level. That's why he says "welcome to god hood"or something like that at the end. Lol I know I'm just saying I miss Mercer

LeonBuco666
Mercer is the shit, no way in hell heller should of beaten mercer, maybe for plots sake but not in powers abilities and experiance, alex should of wrecked him with out trying!

TheHulk
Mercer is the shit, no way in hell heller should of beaten mercer, maybe for plots sake but not in powers abilities and experiance, alex should of wrecked him with out trying! thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.