Elysium (2013)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
Finally a trailer for this...

AvqjwTQ1Kqk

marwash22
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f2/t577772.html

Patient_Leech
Sorry, I searched. I swear.

marwash22
no you didn't you dirty lying liar. sneer

Supra
So if I watch District 9 and Iron Man and next weeks Oblivion n one day I would accomplish mentally the same thing.

Placidity
Hey Supra tell me when an English version of the new DBZ movie is available please.

Supra
Originally posted by Placidity
Hey Supra tell me when an English version of the new DBZ movie is available please.

You will be the first person that I tell when I get ahold of it!

Toby831
Set in the year 2154, where the very wealthy live on a man-made space station while the rest of the population resides on a ruined Earth, a man takes on a mission that could bring equality to the polarized worlds.

Major_Lexington
it looks great, has that junkyard technology feel that Neill Blomkamp brings to the screen. District 9 was action packed.

leareva
Thanks for share the link with us

quanchi112
Looks ok.

Kazenji
-RSDaRttpzk

Robtard
Looking like a decent action SciFi so far.

pitos
But this movie will be released until 8 August

Patient_Leech
Nice little TV spot.

http://img.moviepilot.com/assets/tarantulaV2/article_images/1372769512_elysium-poster-imax-matt-damon.jpg

BruceSkywalker
will see this but won't pay full price

Kazenji
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
will see this but won't pay full price

why not?

Patient_Leech
Nice little featurette...

hOr6KfyhPwY

Patient_Leech
A new action-packed clip revealing William Fichtner...

Total Film Clip

Kazenji
8/10 from this place

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/review-elysium

Robtard
Sharlto Copley looking like some weathered Sith.

https://sphotos-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/p480x480/970471_10151782749717369_1234294416_n.jpg

Mindship
This movie reminds me of "The Cloud Minders" episode from Star Trek:TOS.

Patient_Leech
This seems to be getting decent reviews, so I might check it out IMAX style.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Mindship
This movie reminds me of "The Cloud Minders" episode from Star Trek:TOS.

That's the one that had the "rage" gas in it?

BruceSkywalker
this seems like the sci fi version of Jason Bourne .

. Originally posted by Robtard
Sharlto Copley looking like some weathered Sith.

https://sphotos-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/p480x480/970471_10151782749717369_1234294416_n.jpg

SHHHH!! Don't give J.J. any ideas big grin

Mindship
Originally posted by dadudemon
That's the one that had the "rage" gas in it? Correct, sir: the zeenite gas. It's also the episode where Galactic Twiggy (see below) hit on Spock but he wisely refused, concluding it was illogical to get his pon farr organs all cut up against bone.

http://www.beertripper.com/startrek_images/faq_droxine_the_cloud_minders.jpg

Robtard
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

SHHHH!! Don't give J.J. any ideas big grin

Darth Wikus

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Robtard
Darth Wikus

that might work lol

Dolos
Opens tomorrow, looks BADASS. Jason Born with an exosuit:

oIBtePb-dGY

Darth Martin
Why is the runtime so short? Geez.

Kazenji
Doesn't seem that short to me.

Kazenji
FAIL!!

Darth Martin
97 minutes?

Kazenji
I'm seeing 120 minutes.

Darth Martin
Wikipedia has it at 109. I could have sworn it said 97 on an app on my phone.

Patient_Leech
RT says 1 hr 37 min. IMDB and Fandango both say 1 hr 49 min. So yeah, inconsistencies are annoying. I've seen this before with other films, don't know why.

Tzeentch._
I remember when an hour and a half was considered average for a movie's run time.

And then, Lord of the Rings came.

Dolos
This movie looks great. Can't wait to see it.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
I remember when an hour and a half was considered average for a movie's run time.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Tzeentch._

I wouldn't blame it on the Ring. That trilogy didn't feel like three hours each the first time around. Although the Hobbit made up for that and felt like a marathon viewing of the original trilogy twice over. However, before the, Ring there was , Das Boot. Jesus, Can't avoid having a panic attack during that five hour adventure.

Patient_Leech
Debating whether or not to spend $15 on this... 66% on RT, which is pretty good, but RT has let me down so much lately.

Newjak
Just got back from watching this, great movie!

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Debating whether or not to spend $15 on this... 66% on RT, which is pretty good, but RT has let me down so much lately.

Well as for whether or not this movie was any good I wouldn't trust RT considering Iron Man 3 got a 78%.

Darth Martin
Meh, it was okay. Not as good as District 9. The script failed IMO. The visuals were dope though.

Esau Cairn
Debating whether or not to spend $15 on this...

Dude, movie tickets in Australia start from $18 to $22 for 3D.

The only movies I tend to watch on the big screen these days are sci-fi & fantasy.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Meh, it was okay. Not as good as District 9. The script failed IMO. The visuals were dope though.

Good

it'll be the oppisite for me

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Dude, movie tickets in Australia start from $18 to $22 for 3D.

i get them for $13

vansonbee
Pretty decent, but I like his district 9 movie more.

Matt portrayal was good and all the crap that happens in the movie kind of reflect off the real world >_<

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
The only movies I tend to watch on the big screen these days are sci-fi & fantasy.

Yeah, same here (for the most part). I think IMAX might actually be $17 where I live. I try to save it for things that are worth it.

I'm getting mixed reactions from this. I wasn't a huge fan of District 9. I mean, I enjoyed it, but I never really wanted to see it again.

Kazenji
I mean, I enjoyed it, but I never really wanted to see it again.

I didn't even make it all the way through.

Robtard
It was enjoyable enough to keep your attention, but just barely. No where near as good as District 9.

BjornVdKerkhof
I saw this movie yesterday.
It was not bad, very nice cast they've put together.
Weird to see Damon bald and Jody plays a real die-hard c***. Man did I hate her.
It's very watchable and not a bad story at all. 7.5/10

COG Veteran
I guess i'll give this movie a shot, enjoyed District 9 (mainly cuz of that gun that turned people to flying water).

Filmigos
Not as good as District 9. The story was much weaker. The SFX were cool, and enough to make you want to see it in the theater.

Kazenji
Just back from seeing it

got more out of then District 9 personally

8/10

also the actual space station itself reminded me of the place from the game Vanquish.

rudester
The future is so mexican. I love how if u want to break into a house on el all houses are empty. Lol

satchi22
i think this nice and thrill to see this movie

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Kazenji
I didn't even make it all the way through. so you didn't get to the mech sequence?

Kazenji
Was there a mech sequence?

because i turned over to something else.

Esau Cairn
Yeah it was a good battle.

jaden101
Good movie hampered by only 1 thing...The only character in it I liked was Kruger...Sharlto Copley totally steals the show...Bit problematic when you don't give a shit about the protagonist or the woman and her daughter.

Visually amazing...On that front up there with the visually best sci-fi movies of the last couple of years...Total Recall, Oblivion, Prometheus, Dredd

Patient_Leech
I missed this in IMAX. Kinda wish I had gone now. Oh well, hopefully I'll enjoy it more when it's cheap. big grin

Patient_Leech
Whoa, shit... I actually really enjoyed this. Very surprised that it was much better than I expected. Great sci-fi-gasm with a pretty hard R-rating. 8/10 or 4/5 from me. Only loses points for too much godd@mn shaky-cam. Shit gets far too shaky and there's not even the alternate benefit of having longer shots without cuts. Still cuts rapidly WITH shaky cam. Not a good combination. But, having said that, the rest of it was so entertaining, that I still extremely enjoyed it. I will gladly support sci-fi/action like this.

Stealth Moose
The shaky cam crap annoys me. Otherwise I enjoyed this.

Zack Fair
Movie is dope.

marwash22
the phuck kinda accent was Jodie Foster supposed to have in this movie?

Stealth Moose
It's a kind of upper crust New Englander mixed with Brit who has been in 'Murica too long. It wasn't as noticeable in theatre, but goddamn was it pronounced in DVD.

Watching this a second time, the shaky cam is less frustrating and I still enjoyed it.

Patient_Leech
I picked up the bluray for this the other day. I plan to watch it again soon, too. I did learn that the director did a lot of handheld shaky cam on Earth (as opposed to Elysium) just as a way to visually distinguish the two. Still think he might have gone overboard at times, but that at least makes sense.

Stealth Moose
It does. For me, it was less annoying watching it at home versus theatre.

wilco
I have a Man crush on Matt Damon.............though, it was bad.

Matt Damon alright, but Jodie was bad...................she was good as a under age hooker (taxi driver) laughing and also, contact......she was bad in this Movie eek!

Mindset
Movie was terrible.

wilco
Originally posted by Mindset
Movie was terrible.

NO SH*T!!!b

Ascendancy
Effects, great. Future tech, great. Overall plot, pretty good, though heavy on the "you'd look at illegals differently if you were in their place" message. Very enjoyable overall, but a lot of people seemed to find the graphic violence over the top. You saw exactly what a magnetically-accelerated round would do to the human body. You saw exactly what a grenade to the face does. The violence in here makes what happened to Murphy in RoboCop look tame.

Aside from the shaky cam the cinematography was good. The underlying "we all have a purpose" idea was maybe a little heavy as well, but the ending did a good job of restating it well. It was worth the money.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Ascendancy
Very enjoyable overall, but a lot of people seemed to find the graphic violence over the top. You saw exactly what a magnetically-accelerated round would do to the human body. You saw exactly what a grenade to the face does. The violence in here makes what happened to Murphy in RoboCop look tame. i watched the film a 2nd time recently and really enjoyed it. Violence like this should upset people because to me it illustrates just how far the top 1% will go to preserve their wealth and way of life. This film is extremely subversive. In that sense I think the violence was not only extremely necessary, but it actually helps make the film great.. an uncompromising vision. And it's not like the violence is really thick and fast. It's just there occasionally as a reminder.

Robtard
Originally posted by marwash22
the phuck kinda accent was Jodie Foster supposed to have in this movie?

She originally did a French accent, but it was so terrible they had her redo all her lines with the accent you heard and layered it on top.

Filmmaking_Jet
Saw it yesterday. It was great. Just wished there was more scenes outside Earth.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Filmmaking_Jet
Saw it yesterday. It was great. Just wished there was more scenes outside Earth.
Basically that whole final sequence was off world on Elysium.. right?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.